Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Member of the Year 2017 - Results
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 07:56 PM (137 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2017

At long last - the polling is over for Member of the Year 2017, and I can announce the winners! This was a record-breaking award, on multiple levels. First of all, we had a total of nine nominees in the main poll. Secondly, a total of ten candidates received votes: all nine candidates on the main ballot received at least two, and then Kohta received a write-in vote to bring the total number up to 10. Thirdly, a whopping 39 votes were cast in the main poll; since every member had three votes available, this means at least 13 people voted (probably more!). Fourthly, after all of that, the main poll was tied between Jarkko and queenzelda, forcing us into a runoff for the first time in our history.

Even then, the runoff was remarkably close, with the two finalists separated by only one vote. So, here are the final results:

:gold-medal: 1st place: Jarkko (6 votes in main poll; 8 votes in run-off)
:silver-medal: 2nd place: queenzelda (6 votes in main poll; 7 in run-off)
:bronze-medal: =3rd place: JHG (5 votes)
:bronze-medal: =3rd place: Megan (5 votes)
:bronze-medal: =3rd place: Pyrite (5 votes)
6th place: Garonar (4 votes)
7th place: Yami Yugi (3 votes)
=8th place: Bry. (2 votes)
=8th place: MamaFrankie (2 votes)
10th place: Kohta (write-in; 1 vote)

Congratulations to Jarkko - and, indeed, to everyone who was nominated and received votes! I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your contributions to the forum over the past year - and so, I've handed out Coffee Credit prizes, in line with the new system introduced earlier this week. As the winner, Jarkko has received 5000 Coffee Credits; runner-up queenzelda received 2500 Coffee Credits; the bronze medal trio won 1500 Coffee Credits each; and everyone else who made the final poll received 250 Coffee Credits, because they all got at least two votes.

Thanks a lot to everybody who nominated people, voted, or contributed to the community in ways that warranted nomination in the first place. It's been a pretty spectacular note on which to end 2017, which will be very difficult to replicate at the end of 2018 - but, we're certainly going to try :lol: !

Of course, you guys won't need to wait until the end of 2018 for something else to vote on - because our first Forum Contributions awards are scheduled for the end of January. If they're even half as successful as this run of Member of the Year was, I'm definitely going to look forward to them :D .

Now, for one last time, congratulations to Jarkko and to all of our winners!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nilvafefe
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

Congrats to all the winners! Each and everyone of you deserved it :)

Jarkko
Member Avatar
Christian. Exterminator of Spammers.

Yay me. :P

Queen deserved it as much as I did - indeed, I think there were a few people that did. This community's core is that good. :thumbsup:

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Just as Planned

Congrats all, especially Jarkko. :)

Think I was the least deserving person to be anywhere near this poll! I love how much our community has grown over the last couple of years! You guys are awesome!!

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

Well, you did become the first person to get a complete set of gold, silver and bronze Member of the Year medals - so, there is that :P .

But, yes: I'm very glad with how it went, and how the members who made the poll were a real mix of old and new. Perhaps, in a year's time, somebody who hasn't yet joined will enter the fray?

Pinky
Member Avatar

Congratulations Jarkko!

Ann
Member Avatar
Rank 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats to Jarkko for being named the Member of the Year!

MamaFrankie
Member Avatar
Guv'nor's Other Woman

Well done, that Jarkko. I voted for you.

I have decided that I don't want to be considered for future polls for a variety of reasons.

CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

MamaFrankie
Jan 13 2018, 06:58 PM
I have decided that I don't want to be considered for future polls for a variety of reasons.
That's fine: as long as I remember, I'll automatically list you as 'Declined' for any future nomination polls :) .

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Congrats people!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements and Board Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies