Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Amputee driver returns to racing
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 01:26 PM (70 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
Sausage Brain

:checkered-flag: https://news.sky.com/story/double-amputee-billy-monger-returns-to-track-as-he-aims-for-formula-1-11201974 :checkered-flag:

Racing driver Billy Monger is preparing to return to motorsport less than nine months after a near fatal crash cost him both of his legs.

The 18-year-old from Surrey will drive this week in an exhibition at Birmingham's NEC Arena, and he is already planning a return to competitive racing next season.

He had both of his legs amputated after a high speed crash during a Formula 4 race at Donington Park last April.

But Billy says his dream of reaching F1 remains unchanged.

He told Sky News: "My focus is on driving in F3 next season, we are working on a budget for it and long term I want to get into F1.

"I'm so grateful to everyone who has backed me."

Congrats to Billy Monger! It was rather shocking how he lost his legs (and a promising single-seater racing career) at such a young age - but, he really seems to have made the best of an awful situation and picked himself back up.

His dreams of reaching F1 may, sadly, just be dreams now - but, I wish him the best of luck in whichever racing series he chooses to participate in!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Motorsport · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies