Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Responsive Mobile Themes Feedback
Topic Started: Dec 6 2017, 06:10 PM (119 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Throughout Anniversary Week, we usually launch a variety of new additions and events for the community. One such addition this year, which I've just announced in the Anniversary Week Thread, was a code to make some of our themes responsive on mobile devices. We're planning to launch it across the board later in the month - but, for now, we've put it on a selection themes in order to test it out.

The code was on one theme already, and I've just added it to another three, making four responsive themes in total. These themes are as follows:
  • Lucky Blue;
  • Obsidian Metal;
  • Roses;
  • Winter 2013
Let us know here how you're getting on with these mobile themes. If you run into any problems, let us know here, so that we can fix them in time for the roll-out across the board!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

I did do a bit of testing of the responsive themes last night - and, following that testing, I've made a few changes to the board:
  • Some scripts have been moved further down the board layout (which so pages are loading more smoothly now, especially on my slow little budget phone);
  • The board logo is now shrunk on devices with narrower screens;
  • The Discord box is now shrunk on devices with narrower screens (TBH, I should probably just disable it entirely on mobile devices)
It does seem as though the board adverts are stretching the screen on mobile devices on some pages. Unfortunately, this isn't something I'd be able to fix without violating the ZetaBoards ToS :( . Fortunately, we do have Ad Removal, so most people shouldn't be affected by this :) !

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

I spotted last night that the responsive CSS wasn't working on the Christmas theme.

Turns out this was because the portions of the code that go in the "Edit Board Layout" section were missing. Now that these have been added in, the responsive aspects of the theme are working again :) .

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

I've added this to some more themes (Red Dawn, Vox, Checkmate).

I'd especially like to hear what it's like on Red Dawn and Vox: those required more extensive changes than usual, and I haven't really had a chance to test them yet.

Also, with the full roll-out currently planned for this weekend, it would be especially useful to know of any remaining issues beforehand!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Feedback and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies