Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
UK's war dead remembered across the nation
Topic Started: Nov 12 2017, 05:56 PM (22 Views)
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

:uk: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41957783 :uk:

Politicians, members of the Royal Family and veterans are commemorating those who lost their lives in conflict as the UK marks Remembrance Sunday.

A two-minute silence was held across the country and wreaths were laid at memorials.

Prince Charles attended the annual ceremony at the Cenotaph in London and Big Ben chimed at 11:00 GMT.

The Queen did not lay a wreath but instead watched from the Foreign Office's balcony.

The only other occasions when she has not laid the wreath were when she was pregnant or abroad.

I'd like to extend my sincerest thanks to the millions of heroic men and women who have fought to protect the freedoms and liberties which I enjoy today - and, in particular, to all of those who perished while doing so.

R.I.P. to all of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in defence of freedom in the line of duty.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · History, Culture and Philosophy · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies