Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alonso to race at 2018 Le Mans 24 Hours
Topic Started: Nov 12 2017, 12:10 PM (26 Views)
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

:checkered-flag: http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Coffee_House/topic/8095159/1/ :checkered-flag:

Fernando Alonso is set to race in the Le Mans 24 Hours for Toyota next season, BBC Sport has learned.

And the McLaren Formula 1 driver's talks with Toyota have extended to the possibility of Alonso doing most of the World Endurance Championship in 2018.

No contract has been formally signed yet but sources say that the Le Mans deal, at least, will happen.

Alonso will drive the Toyota car in a test in Bahrain on 19 November, the day after this season's final WEC race.

"Le Mans is agreed," said a source close to Toyota. "The rest of the season is still being negotiated but it looks like he will do most of the races."

Yep - definitely seems to be going for the Triple Crown now :P . I know Gao mentioned in another thread that Alonso will be doing the IMSA 24 Hours of Daytona, which I guess will be preparation for this.

Also, since Alonso will be driving for Toyota at Le Mans, at least he doesn't have to worry about a Honda engine failing on him!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Member Avatar
NASCAR Fanatic

Yeah the second I saw he wanted to run IMSA Weathertech I had a feeling he wanted to run the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

And I wouldn't say that about Toyota not giving him grief like the Honda F1 McLarens :P , iirc in the 2017 race all three Toyota LMP1 class entries had problems that basically handed it to the Porsche.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Motorsport · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies