Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sub-forum changes (gaming + politics)
Topic Started: Oct 8 2017, 11:14 AM (75 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

I've got a couple more suggestions here for modifying the sub-forums. Ideally, I would have done this at the same time as introducing the "Beauty and Fashion" sub-forum, but I hadn't thought of these at the time :P .

• Remove "Paradox Grand Strategy Games". This is a sub-forum of "Strategy Games", which is itself a sub-forum of "General Gaming". This means that, excluding read-only archives, it's the only 2nd-level sub-forum on the entire board! I've never liked these things, because they make for confusing navigation -
    and, in my opinion, the strategy games section is no longer active enough to justify keeping this unique arrangement in place. So, my suggestion is to scrap the "Paradox Grand Strategy Games" sub-sub-forum, and move all of its topics into the "Strategy Games" sub-forum.

• Add "United States" and "United Kingdom" sub-forums in Current Events and Politics. A large portion of our member base is from either the USA or the UK - and, as a result, many of the threads in this forum are relevant to those two nations. Having sub-forums for both the USA and the UK would make it easier for members from those countries to find news relevant to their country.

• Remove "Elections and Referendums". This is a bit of an odd sub-forum, which was created largely for the sake of having something as a sub-forum of Current Events and Politics. Also, if we're adding "United States" and "United Kingdom" boards, then those sub-forums will overlap with this one, so it doesn't make much sense to keep this one around.

So, what are your thoughts on these?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nilla
Member Avatar
Dovahkiin

I think this is a great proposal and idea. I honestly don't have any objections. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
NASCAR Fanatic

I'm pretty cool with it myself.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Sounds good to me!

Jarkko
Member Avatar
Christian. Exterminator of Spammers.

I ain't gonna argue with this one. :P

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Well, I've gone ahead and implemented the above changes.

Thanks for the feedback, guys :) !

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Feedback and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies