Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another Childhood
Topic Started: Jul 4 2017, 08:34 PM (4,867 Views)
Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

This takes place in another timeline of the Asleep universe. It's sort of an what if one. In it instead of Kyle being put to sleep for five years his father Tom succeeds in sending him over to New Atlantis to live with Nesto and his family.

At the start of this role Play Kyle has just arrived there.

Name: Kyle Lennart
Race: Human
Weapons: N/A
Powers: Earth magic
Appearance: Kyle is a little tall for his age. He has short brown hair and blue eyes.
Personality: Kyle is rather spoiled and always wants his way since he's so used to having it. He's also a big flirt when it comes to girls. But he does have a sensitive side.
History: Kyle is prince of Lennart kingdom and next in line for the throne. For years his mother abused him mentally and physically. Finally his father figured it out and sent hr away. Ever since he spoiled Kyle trying to make it up to him, and thus Kyle has turned into a spoiled brat. His father tied to fix it, but wasn't having much luck. He decided to send Kyle to his best friend, and Kyle's godfather Nestor. Partly due to Kyle's problems and because of issues in the castle...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Name: Aliana Nestorina
Race: Mermaid
Weapons: Toy trident (used for training only)
Powers: Is able to shrink things temporarily (whether they be heavy items that need transporting, or enemies that pose a threat :P ). This does, however, consume much of her attention and energy, so it's not something she should do too often!
Personality: Spoiled, and used to getting what she wants. Not especially charismatic at this earlier stage of her life: she's very loud and annoying.
Appearance: Has purple skin; long, curly black hair; and a vast wardrobe of very expensive dresses that she forced her parents to buy.
History: Is the second child of Duke Nestor of New Atlantis, between her older brother Lysander and her younger sister Meriandra. Her father wants her to become a diplomat one day; however, she herself aspires to be a beautiful princess with a handsome and wealthy husband. Unsurprisingly, she hasn't found any takers yet.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle looked rather pouty as he and his father enter e New Atlantis' castle. "I wanna go home!" He whined.

His father Thomas sighed. "I told you Kyle...you can't. Your going to stay with uncle Nestor for a while." He said as he led Kyle inside. He and Kyle waited once inside for a guard to alert Nesto of their arrival.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Aliana, meanwhile, was busy in her bedroom, staring into her mirror. She had put on a sparkly silver dress with green trim, along with some glimmering crystal earrings. Once she was sure these were on straight, she applied her lavender purple make-up and ruby-red lip gloss, then combed her curly black hair to remove any tangles or specks that might stand out. Once this was done, she liberally applied coconut-scented perfume all over her face and her body.

She tried not to pay attention to the draught in her room. This was due to be fixed this month; however, Aliana had insisted that her father Nestor spend the money on these expensive cosmetics instead. King Ludwig of Waldstein was due to visit this evening to forge an alliance to New Atlantis - and his son, Prince Rommel, was due to dance with her at a special ball to mark the occasion. She didn't want to disappoint him!

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Soon, the guard came back instructing Tom and Kyle to follow him to Nestor's office. Once there he announced them for Nestor and let them in. Tom grinned upon seeing Nestor. "So how many times have you fallen today?"

Kyle's pout vanished and his face lit up. "Uncle Nestor!" He squealed running over.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Nestor was so stunned by Kyle rushing up to hug him that he slipped and bashed his head on a statue in the corner of the room. "This....is only....the second time...." he groaned, with an intense throbbing pain in his forehead.

By now, Aliana had finished applying all of her cosmetics - so, she made her way to see her younger sister Meriandra. At 13, she was still a little too young to be participating in the dance itself; however, she would be sitting with her mother Cassandra to watch the festivities. As a result, she still needed to dress up - and, on this occasion, she had chosen a frilly pink dress and a gold headband.

"So, how do I look in this?" Aliana asked Meriandra, with a cheeky smile.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"You look really nice!" Meriandra said with a grin, before sniffing the air. "Is that coconut?" She asked tilting her head.

Kyle laughed as usual amused by Nestor's falling. He then ran over hugging him.

Tom burst out laughing. "Only the second? Why do I doubt that?" He said as he walked over. First he yanked Kyle off Nestor, then helped him up.

Kyle pouted and went back to clinging to Nestor.

Tom rolled his eyes. "Kyle give uncle Nestor that note I gave you."

Kyle again pouted before pulling out his journal and pulling out an envelope addressed to Nestor. (This is the same one Kyle gave him 5 years later in Asleep)

Inside it read:

Nestor,

If you are reading this one of two things have happened. Either I sent my son to you to care for, or something happened to me. Regardless of which obviously the choice would be for him to go to you. In case you forgot I did name you as godfather. And knowing you, you did! Your memory is as clumsy as you are physically!

Anyway, things have not been going well here. My advisor is getting ready to act as I feared he would. Which is why I plan to send Kyle to you. I can't guantee his safety while this is going on. And maybe...you can fix the damage me and his mother have done to him. I never told you this but...his mother has been abusing the poor boy. Physically and with experiments. As soon as I figured that out I sent her away. I felt bad for Kyle so I ended up spoiling him...which was a mistake. I've tried to fix it, but I haven't made much progress and the way things stand here...he can't stay here anymore.

It may be a burden and I'm sorry for that, but please take care of Kyle.

Tom
Edited by Megan, Jul 4 2017, 11:14 PM.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Aliana nodded happily. "I'm glad you like it. I made Nestor buy a whole bottle of it because it was the most expensive perfume the had :D !" she boasted gleefully.

As he read the letter, Nestor frowned and began tearing up. "Oh, Tom....it isn't your fault at all....but, in any case, I will absolutely do as you ask. He will be well cared for here....but, what will you be doing from now on?"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Meriandra rolled her eyes. "Don't you think thats a bit much? To get the most expensive one?" she questioned.

Tom sighed looking away with a shrug. "I have to go back to Lennart Castle. I have to get things under control there. Its no big deal." he said looking back to Nestor, though that was an obvious lie. If you looked closely you could tell Tom looked rather worried. "Anyway, I'd better head off." he bent down to Kyle. "I'm leaving now, okay? Uncle Nestor will take care of you."

Kyle immediately went back to pouting and clung onto Tom. "I don't wanna stay here!" he wailed childishly.

"Kyle! Stop that!" Tom snapped pulling Kyle off him. "We had this discussion. You are staying here. I'll be back. Now behave!" he said as he got back up. "Sorry to ask this of you..." he said to Nestor. "Anyway, take care..." he said as he exited the room.

Kyle whimpered as Tom left before starting to cry.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Aliana glared at her sister - but held off on shrinking her for the time being. "Don't you understand? Prince Rommel is coming here to dance with me this evening, and I need to impress him! I know I say that about every prince, and I know Prince Ivan was an idiot, but Prince Rommel might be the one!"

Before Meriandra could answer, Aliana heard someone wailing and crying at the other end of the corridor. "Well, I guess I'd best see what's the matter. Goodbye!"

She waved at Meriandra, then slithered down the corridor to see what all the fuss was about.

Nestor picked Kyle up and held him tightly in his arms. "Cheer up, Kyle....it's going to be okay....Uncle Nestor is here now. And I'm sure your father will be back soon, like he promised...."

Aliana then knocked on the door, and entered the room. "What's the matter :( ?" she asked, tilting her head.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle stopped crying when he heard Aliana speak. He looked at her a moment before going back to crying. "I wanna go home NOW!" he cried trying to squirm away from Nestor.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

"Kyle...." Nestor said softly. "It's not safe for you at home....I'm sorry, but your father's doing what is best for you...."

Aliana became a bit distressed by what she was seeing. She didn't know Kyle very well, and hadn't seen him at all for five years; however, she hated seeing people so upset and emotionally broken. "Perhaps you ought to change the subject....," she suggested to Nestor.

She then turned towards Kyle, and began stroking his head. "There, there, Kyle, it'll be all right....you've got a nice dance to look forward to this evening. Will you be dancing with anybody?"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle frowned looking at Aliana. "I don't want to dance!" he said shooting her a glare. "I want to go home." he said firmly crossing his arms.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Aliana shrugged her shoulders, completely unsure how to help.

"Well, I still hope to see you at the dance this evening, Kyle: I'm sure you'll find someone you'll enjoy dancing with! You know, if Prince Rommel turns out to be another idiot, you might even get to dance with me...."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"Who'd' want to dance with you?" Kyle said before sticking his tongue out at Aliana.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Aliana placed her hands on her hips, and stood up and stared at the ceiling, in an attempt to make herself look as important as possible.

"I'm going to be dancing with Prince Rommel!" she boasted, in her insufferable high-pitched voice. "Aren't I lucky, eh? I've been assured that he's wonderful....much better than that idiot Prince Igor I had to dance with last week....he was way too short for me...."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"Big deal! He's probably an idiot just like you!" Kyle pulled away from Nestor before he gave Aliana a hard shove.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

"HEY!" Aliana squealed indignantly. "I'm not an idiot!"

She then shot a glare back at Kyle, and tail-whipped him hard in the face.

"STOP IT!" Nestor thundered. "I do NOT expect this kind of childish bickering from-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Aliana shrunk him to the size of a strawberry.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle gasped at this. "Hey, don't pick on uncle Nestor!" He cried giving Aliana another shove.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

"HEY!" Aliana screamed. "I'm a princess: I'll pick on whoever I want to! Now, I'm off to my room. See you later, idiot!"

Aliana left the room and slammed the door shut, immediately returning Nestor to normal size (as he was no longer within her line of sight). He smashed his way out of the door, then exploded with rage. "Do NOT defy me, Aliana :angry: ! You're grounded for two weeks for this - so you won't be able to see Prince Rommel this evening!"

"HEY!" she screeched back. "You shouldn't have provoked me by shouting: you know I don't like that! Now, I won't calm down until you let me dance with Prince Rommel this evening - and buy me another bottle of that expensive coconut perfume!"

Nestor sighed heavily - but, ultimately, he capitulated. "Fine....I suppose you're right....and, yes, you are a princess, after all. I'm sorry I upset you...."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle rolled his eyes at this exchange. "More like a spoiled brat." Kyle said sticking his tongue back out at her. He then walked over to Nestor tugging on his arm. "I wanna go home now!"

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

"I'm not spoiled!" Aliana shot back angrily, before leaving for her room.

"Kyle, I'm very sorry," Nestor responded calmly, "but you need to understand: your home isn't safe for you. It's not good for you to be there any more: you'll only get attacked if you go there :( . But, you can always build a new home now that you're here....perhaps you ought to go and build a treehouse here and call it your home?"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle pouted stomping his foot. "I don't want a stupid treehouse! I want to go home! I'm going home!" He yelled before giving Nestor a hard kick.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Nestor grabbed Kyle by the scruff of his neck and pulled him back before he could leave.

"Kyle, you are NOT permitted to assault your hosts!" Nestor fumed. "Your behaviour since arriving has been utterly disgraceful. If your father saw this, then he would be totally disappointed in you and your serious lack of respect. This is NOT how he brought you up to behave around your friends and family. Now, if you step out of line once more, I will take you to the dungeon to spend the night there. Do you understand?"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"Ow! Let go!" Kyle whined as he squirmed to get free. "Dad would not be disappointed! He'd be mad at you for being mean! And you can't put me in the dungeon, I'm a prince!"

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Instead of letting go, Nestor just made his grip on Kyle even tighter. "Just because my daughter used that trick doesn't mean it'll work on you! In case you hadn't noticed, I am a duke, and you are my guest. And, in case you hadn't noticed, your father is a king, and he ordered you to stay here! Now, I am telling your father how you have behaved, and if he wishes to punish you for it - which he will - then that's up to him."

Finally, Nestor let go of Kyle, and opened the door. "Get out of here - and DON'T come back!"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle's bottom lip start e to tr male. He never had had Nestor talk to him that way. "W...why are you being so mean?" He whimpered. "You hate me like mommy!" He added before he started to cry loudly.

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Nestor was shocked that Kyle could even ask that question. "Because you kicked me! You're old enough to understand that this is not an acceptable way to behave around other people, particularly people close to your father. Now, if you behave yourself and don't act like a small child," Nestor emphasised, "then I'll be nice to you back. I understand that you're upset and homesick....I'm not like your mother. Which, by the way, is why your father sent you here, to get you away from her. He didn't know until now that she'd been abusing you this badly...."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"B...b...but I wanna go home! I want daddy!" Kyle wailed. "I...I don't care what mommy does...she's done it forever anyway..." he said sniffling. "I wanna go home!"

CJ
Member Avatar
Certified Mutant

Nestor sighed, and capitulated somewhat. "Fine....I'll take you home....under one condition. I will tell both your father and your mother about your disgraceful behaviour towards me - specifically, that you kicked me for no reason - and, it's up to both of them to decide how they want to punish you for it. And that's the only offer I'll make. Are you willing to accept that?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies