Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wulfric Castle, AD 2344
Topic Started: May 6 2017, 12:43 AM (7,887 Views)
CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

WULFRIC CASTLE, AD 2344

Back-story, for anybody who's interested!

The intrepid 2,000 people of Ganymede had undertaken a monumental risk - but, when they arrived and awoke from stasis in the year 2157, they were in prime position to re-create a world far superior to the one they had lost on Earth. At the moon's North Pole, they set about creating a network of nuclear-powered machines to mine, farm and manufacture all of the goods that they would ever require. By the beginning of the 23rd Century, this network was fully operational, and the basic needs of all people on Ganymede were fulfilled.

With their economy completely automated, the people of Ganymede were free to spend their days entertaining themselves. Many chose to live out their childhood fantasies of kings and princes in fairytale castles, and noble knights in shining armour riding on horseback. Some even bio-engineered themselves into other fantasy species, such as elves and dwarves. Many also carried around with them a familiar in the form of an animal, though the specific animals varied wildly: some were bats or miniature dragons, whereas others were more cute and cuddly, such as meerkats or ferrets.

Advanced technology, however, had not been forgotten: the walls of their castles were designed to look like authentic Medieval stonework, but were in fact reinforced with titanium carbon composites. The weapons, too, had changed: the knights on horseback wielded 20ft-long Laser Lances, while the archers fired Ionic Crossbows, with an effective range of over a kilometre. A select few, recalling Arthur C. Clarke's law that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic", even became wizards, able to harness the powers of the elements - including fire and ice - at their will. Frequently, the forces of one castle would engage in combat against those of another - although, thanks to advances in nano-biotechnology, nobody ever received an injury that couldn't be healed instantly: these battles were fought purely for entertainment!

Sadly, this too couldn't last. In the year 2344, a fire broke out in a machine located in Wulfric Kingdom, setting off a chain reaction which caused the entire network of machines to explode. King Ivan and his court at Wulfric Castle had survived the blast, by retreating into the underground sections of the castle; however, the entire kingdom above ground had been coated in nuclear fallout. The residents of the castle still had a steady supply of food and water, thanks to their own local machines for use in an emergency such of this - (but they had lost all contact with anyone else on the planet, and they had no idea whether anyone else had survived anyway). By now, everything above ground was radioactive - even the ferrets :( .

From deep underground, the residents of Wulfric Castle embarked on their mission: clear the fallout, find out if there were any other survivors elsewhere on Ganymede, and rebuild their kingdom!

To participate, simply fill out the following form:

Name: Gwynwald
Species: Half-human, half-dwarf
Appearance: Though neither as short nor as muscular as most dwarfs, Gwynwald's heritage is still in evidence: at 1.4 metres in height, he remains unusually short for a human. Sports a lengthy white beard, and wears crimson robes with gold trim.
Personality: Very calm, and rarely gets angry (pretty much a necessity as he has to handle fire every day for a living). However, he's also brutally honest, and not afraid to let people know what he truly thinks of them and their ideas.
Title/Rank: Elder Fire Mage
Weapons/Powers: Can conjure fire spirits, whom he can command to do his bidding.

Name: Fiona Lewis
Species: Human (though with an elf as one of her distant ancestors)
Appearance: Has a slender figure and jade-green eyes with long, straight black hair, tied back in a pony tail. Usually wears white overalls when on the job, or a red dress when off-duty.
Personality: Unlike Gwynwald, Fiona has a bad temper and doesn't suffer fools lightly. However, she does have a caring side to her, and she's always the first person to stand up for people whom she believes are being treated unfairly. (She sometimes fights a bit too hard for what she believes in, though, which can make her a pain to be around!)
Title/Rank: Nurse
Weapons/Powers: None (her only role in a battle would be as a medic)

We'll start either in a week's time, or when we have four people participating. Enjoy :) !
Edited by CJ, Jul 30 2017, 10:48 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Hope these are okay?

Name: Kyle
Species: Human
Appearance: Posted Image
Personality: Kyle often comes off as a spoiled brat. He's often rude, and only wants to do what he wants. However, underneath that he can be kind when he wants to. He also has a bad temper.
Title/Rank: Prince
Weapons/Powers: Sword and Earth magic

Name: Jake
Species: Human
Personality: Jake unlike his brother is a more quiet boy. He's often shy, and likes to go along with whatever others want to try to please them. He also suffers from an unknown illness.
Title/Rank: Prince
Weapons/Powers: Bow and arrows and Healing magic

Name: Cara
Species: Half Human/Half Ferret
Personality: Cara is rather hyper and care free most of the time. She's always eager to play or do anything fun! But she can be a bit sensitive and once she gets mad, well...she gets mad! Cara sadly is unable to speak.
Title/Rank: Crazy Ferret Girl (people started referring to her that way since she's always running around with ferrets!)
Weapons/Powers: Sword (and she also can make/fix weapons) and can shift into ferret form.
Edited by Megan, Jul 1 2017, 03:09 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Accepted all three - although, I hope it doesn't get too confusing having all these characters running around :P .

I'll just stick with one for now!

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Yay! I thought we needed a girl...and I wanted to do the brothers together XD since I haven't for like a long time.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

OOC: Well, time to start this, I guess :P .

BIC: Gwynwald paced around in his study. For inspiration, he gazed at the moving holographic portrait of Merlin, which formed the centrepiece of this compact, circular room. Lining the other walls of the study were shelves stacked with spell books, from each of the hundreds of different cultures had called Earth home prior to the Great Cataclysm that wiped out almost all intelligent life there. Of course, these days, the entirety of the information contained within these books could have been stored on a hard drive the size of his fingernail; however, Gwynwald never trusted digital storage. Besides, turning the aged and yellowing pages had a certain aesthetic appeal to it; one which was not present from projecting the contents of an external hard drive onto a glass screen.

He was frustrated that he was still not permitted to return to the surface after the power grid had collapsed and irradiated the entire planet; however, being holed up in his study like this did at least give him plenty of time to conduct research.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle who was growing so restless being cooped up. He was as usual running about causing trouble. Right now he was pestering one of the women servants and flirting with them even though they were obviously annoyed and wanted to be left alone. Jake Kyle's brother had tried to get him to stop, but instead Kyle switched to picking on him and was currently yanking roughly on Jake's ponytail. "Why can't you ever bother someone else?" he ranted as he yanked.

Jake yelped as he tried to break free. Soon, he started having one of his bad coughing fits, which Kyle as usual ignored.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Gwynwald decided he could benefit from a cup of Xeno Tea before commencing his studies: a freshly-made hot drink would provide a helpful boost in concentration.

He ran a finger down the end of his titanium-reinforced wooden door in order to unlock it, then exited his room and descended the spiral staircase, in the hope that the cafeteria had survived the blast and was still in operation.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

As it happened the two princes were still going at it, right outside the cafeteria. Kyle paid no attention to his brother's coughing as he kept yanking on his hair, annoyed he had chased his latest target away.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

When Gwynwald reached the entrance to the cafeteria, he was irked to discover that Kyle was being mischievous once again, at the expense of his poor brother Jake.

"BEHAVE!" Gwynwald commanded Kyle. "You know what happened to you last time you were this tiresome....you don't want me to do it again!"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle pouted finally letting go of Jake. "You wouldn't dare do that again!" Kyle said as he crossed his arms.

Jake fell over, still coughing and trying to catch his breathe.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"No, no....I have something different planned this time," Gwynwald countered, threatening Kyle in his usual calm manner. "But I hope you start behaving yourself so it won't be necessary for me to do anything."

Gwynwald then turned to Jake, and began to pity him. "I'm sorry you have to put up with somebody as silly and juvenile as him. Now, would you like me to purchase a drink for you?"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Jake his coughing, finally having stopped shook his head. "N...no thanks. It was my fault anyway..." he said with a sigh.

"Of course it was!" Kyle said shoving Jake down again. "If I was as sick as you I'd never be such a burden!"

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Gwynwald chided Kyle, before raising his staff. "Well, I did warn you...."

A bolt of violet lightning crackled out of the orb at the top of Gwynwald's staff, transfiguring Kyle into a ferret.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Jake gasped. "Why'd you do that? Poor Kyle!"

"Dook?" Kyle squeaked looking confused.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"Well, he needs to learn his lesson somehow," replied Gwynwald. "And besides, doesn't he look cute like this?"

Gwynwald slowly raised his right hand, causing Kyle to hover up in the air. He then flicked two of his fingers, making the airborne Kyle do a little twirl in front of Jake.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle squeaked in horror as he struggled to break free, even though he couldn't. "Dook!"

"Hey, stop it! He doesn't like it!" Jake cried upset. "Can't you at least do something nicer?"

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"Sorry....I've tried all the nicer things I can think of, but he just kept misbehaving anyway. He didn't learn from any of them!"

Gwynwald carefully lowered Kyle back onto the ground, then spun his finger clockwise, forcing him to dash around the room in circles.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"Oh come on...do something nicer. Can't you like make him a girl or make him sick too? That would do way mor...and it's not so mean..." Jake complained.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"Nah....making him sick would be meaner, in my opinion. Anyway, I think that's enough now!"

Gwynwald lowered his staff, causing Kyle to return to his usual form, spreadeagled across the floor. "Kyle, I hope you've learned your lesson from this!"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"I'm so sick of you!" Kyle snapped as he sat up shooting a glare. He then looked to Jake. "And it's your fault too!" He added before lunging at his brother and started smacking him.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"No, no, you haven't learned your lesson," Gwynwald concluded. He then stretched his arms out and shot a bolt of white lightning at Kyle, transforming him into 2ft-tall fairy with wings.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Jake blinked trying to keep a straight face as he looked at Kyle. "Er...d...did you really have to do that?"

Kyle gasped, as he realized what had happened and glared. "Hey turn me back!" He cried in his now squeakily voice.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"Well, you did suggest turning him into a girl...." Gwynwald countered, refusing to turn Kyle back. "Besides, Jake....for your own good, you really need to stop being such a doormat, and learn to stand up for yourself. You can't just allow him to tread you down like this, especially when you've done nothing to deserve it."

"Actually, on second thoughts, forget it," Gwynwald decided, turning Kyle back to his usual state. He was only doing this to make Jake feel better anyway, and it clearly wasn't working. "But don't come crying to me when he starts beating you around again. Since you don't like my way of dealing with him, I'm just going to walk away and allow him to continue next time."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

"But Kyle doesn't mean-" Jake began before starting to cough badly which made akyle just roll his eyes, that is until Jake started coughing out blood.

Kyle frowned at this. "Jake?"

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"Oh dear :( ," Gwynwald responded calmly, with a slight frown: he'd seen this plenty of times before in his 75 years, and knew Jake wasn't in any immediate danger.

"We need to take him to the hospital immediately. I would help myself - but, I'm afraid I'm a warrior, not a healer :( . I can help to take him there, though."

Gwynwald carefully levitated Jake into the air, making sure not to disturb him.

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Frowning Kyle followed as they headed to the Hopistal. "W...what's wrong with him?" He questioned.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

"I'm afraid I don't know :( ", Gwynwald answered. "Coughing up blood could be a symptom of any number of things. Maybe one of the doctors or nurses will be able to help."

Within a couple of minutes, they arrived at the hospital ward - which, mercifully, was already back online after the blast. It was near the surface, and therefore its circuitry had been severely damaged - but the resident mechanics had worked tirelessly through the previous night to restore power. However, when Gwynwald opened the door, there were no mechanics in sight - just a young, slender nurse in a white suit, with jade-green eyes and long, straight, obsidian-black hair.

"Good afternoon," she smiled. "Nurse Fiona at your service :) ."

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle smiled brightly as soon as he spotted her. "Hello!" he said dashing over. "You sure are lovely..." he said. "Maybe I should let you examine me!" he said with a laugh.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Fiona sighed heavily, and resisted the urge to slap Kyle. "For the ninth time, I'm NOT INTERESTED! I only told you yesterday, and on Monday, and the Saturday before that....when are you going to stop pestering me :-/ ?"

She then turned to Jake, who was struggling not to cough up more blood. "I'm so sorry about that....anyway, what would you like to see me about?"

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Kyle pouted. "You'll give up and go out with me eventually!" he said. He sighed as he moved over. "And Jake is sick...as always. He started coughing up blood."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies