Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Layton's Mystery Journey
Topic Started: Jul 27 2016, 06:33 PM (244 Views)
Pyrite
Member Avatar
Tremendously Puzzling

Quote:

Level-5 has announced Lady Layton, a sequel to the core Professor Layton series for Japanese release on 3DS, iOS and Android in Spring 2017.

Folowing the leak this week, the game will indeed star Professor Layton's daughter, and will be a fairly straightforward follow-up to the core games in the series, with a familiar mix of storytelling and puzzles.

Personally, I'm really hyped for this (as long as they localise it to the UK of course!!!) I honestly didn't think they'd ever make another Layton series game!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Well, if there's a demand for more, I guess it makes sense that they'd make another one :P !

Is there any word on when it might be released in the English-speaking world? Hopefully it's not too long after the Japanese release.

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Tremendously Puzzling

So I've heard that the Western release is also 2017 - hopefully that includes the UK!!

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Yeah, heard about this. Honestly think its an cool idea! Haven't played the games myself, but my mom does.

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Tremendously Puzzling

So I forgot to update this!! It's been through a name change (to Layton's Mystery Journey) and is now out on Android, which is kind of nice, but personally I'm waiting for the 3DS release on October 6th.

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Nice - I'll have to check it out on Android!

Any particular reason for the name change, as far as you know?

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Tremendously Puzzling

Not really sure - I actually preferred Lady Layton myself, but I guess I don't mind too much so long as the game is good!

I'm trying to be patient and wait for the 3DS version because I really want to play it with my sister!!

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Yeah I saw that on the app store on my iPad. Immediately thought of you. XD And my mom since she loves the series. I really should try it some century. Mind you I have PILES of games I own already that I should play. Meanwhile here I am replaying old ones. XD

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Tremendously Puzzling

I have almost finished the game now. Bought the 3DS version a while back! Not at all disappointed with it!! It's a bit more whimsical than the previous games, but that's fine as far as I'm concerned.

I'm getting good at guessing the twists though. Just the last case to solve, but that might take me a while as I promised my sister I'd wait to play through it with her!!

CJ
Member Avatar
Dark Field Theorist

Glad you're enjoying it :) !

How far through the game is she?

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Tremendously Puzzling

CJ
Apr 16 2018, 04:47 PM
Glad you're enjoying it :) !

How far through the game is she?
Oh, not very. I play it with her and my little brother - so it rather takes a while, but it's good fun doing it with them as well!! :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies