RULES RULE
ROSTERS
WHO'S WHO
SURVIVAL GUIDE
YOUR INSPIRATION
APPLICATION TEMPLATES

Username:
Password:
Welcome to The Bleach Alliance. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. That is not advised. You need to join right now, your life depends on it! LOOK OUT!

DOES IT! <--[...click this.]

If you're already a member please log in to your account before we shoot you on "accident" for trespassing:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Muddy Soul
Topic Started: Aug 10 2010, 10:05 AM (416 Views)
Kenboushou
Member Avatar

The sky was like a large canvas, covered evenly in a light blue paint. Fluffy white clouds were blotched here and there and the sun seemed to be nowhere in sight, always hiding partially behind one of the very few clouds that were in the sky. Cicada's made that awful buzzing sound, the shells they shed off clinging to trees. Light indents were left behind in the lush wet grass, the grass itself a beautiful shade of green, the rain from the night before giving it it's color. The indents were left behind by the feet of a man was heading towards a bar on the outskirts of Tsubikidai. The door leading to the bar was heavy but the man moved it open easily and entered. The bar was dark, a dim, buzzing light flickered on and off in the corner. Neon signs promoting different brands of alcohol cast an iridescent glow on various alcohols in their bottles and other various fluids found on the counter and the floor. The floorboards creaked with the slightest shift of weight. The bar was but a mere shell of it's former glory. The once dark, glossy stained floorboards were now aged, gray from the inevitable grip of time, and stained green and other colors from mud and rainwater tracked in from boots. The robed man took a seat on the uncomfortable bar stool, the stuffing ripped out of the side. The bar counter's leather trimming brittle and broken. Deep gouges, etched from knives. No one talked to the man, the bartender even walked past him and wiped down the counter with a stained rag, before dipping it into a mixture of cleaners and rung it out. He wiped the glasses clean and dusted the bottles, the amber and emerald green bottles glowing under a dome light. A deep breath brought in cigarette smoke, smoke which had, over the years, stained the roof a piss colored yellow.

For awhile, the man sat there, going unnoticed when another gentleman walked over and sat on the stool next to him. "The others might not be able to see you but I know you're there... what are you waiting for?," he asked, his brown eyes locked with the green eyes of the man in front of him. A cigarette was drawn from a pack and placed into the stranger's mouth. It dangled loosely between his soft, full lips and clenched tightly between them as he lit it. "Someone who can give me some answers..." he said softly and took a slow drag on the cigarette. "Answers...What kind of answers are you looking for in this place?" asked the man, his head slowly tilting. The man blew smoke out of his nose and chuckled deeply. "Get out of here... you can't help me..." the Shinigami narrowed his eyes and rose to his feet, walking over to the other group of people he was with. He cast looks over to the man at the bar. The man at the bar narrowed his eyes and balled his hands into fists and grabbed a glass of whiskey, downing it slowly.
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Kenboushou
Member Avatar

The whiskey was strong, but after so many years of downing the amber colored liquid, it was more or less water to him. A bar patron looked around, wondering who the hell stole his drink, but he was too drunk and thought he had consumed it himself or just didn't care because he ordered another one. As the man sat there alone, he turned to see a group of Shinigami walking towards him. "We want to know why you're here... you don't just come to a bar in the human world without a gigai and just wait for someone..." said the man from before. A long, drawn out sigh escaped the lips of the man, the sigh coming from the depths of his soul. He slowly rose to his feet and walked out of the bar. The group of men followed him out of the bar. The man headed over to the empty lot of land and his eyes slowly looked to theirs as they cut him off. "Do any of you guys recognize me...?" he asked, his dead eyes looking past them. They chuckled and shook their heads, thinking that he must be drunk. "No. That's why we are wondering who you are exactly and why you were waiting in a bar for someone..." Ken slowly rose his head and his eyes met with theirs. His brow furrowed, anger swirled within the emerald green eyes, "Then you are of no use to me. For I don't know who I am myself. If you can't give me answers then don't waste my time." He went to walk past the group of men, but they pushed him back. Ken kept his eyes lowered, as if he were afraid and calmly asked them to move aside. "Now... why in the hell would we do that.." The shinigami, in their drunken state surrounded Ken and he sighed, obviously annoyed.

The bar door opened and Ken walked back into the bar. He was bruised and his nose had a nice trickle of blood coming from it, but no one followed him. The men who had tried to assault him earlier lay passed out in the field, no wounds on their bodies other than a couple bruises on their heads. The bartender looked over and saw the man, "Shit... what happened to you?" he asked and wiped the dirty counter off with the stained rag. "Had a long day... give me a bottle of something strong." said Ken, as he placed money on the counter and rubbed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger. He sprayed blood out of his nose into a rag and poured some of the alcohol onto another rag and wiped it onto his wounds. Drinking the hard liquor from the bottle, he wiped his mouth and turned, leaning back against the counter. He was told he might find answers here, he was just hoping the information he had collected was true, though this would probably prove fruitless like all of his other leads... he still had to try.
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Baku
Member Avatar
Dayumn

The days were honestly starting to follow the same pattern. Baku woke up, went to a shitty coffee joint, cursed his misfortune at the destruction of his previous haunt, got into a fight with somebody in his group, got told his face was stupid, and went to some dive of a bar to try and drink away the shittiness of the day. Tonight, this was the dive of choice. As he trotted to the doors, he couldn't help but notice the group of unconscious shinigami that littered the ground. Heh...Looked like somebody in that hellhole knew how to party. This might not be the same as the last few nights, after all.

The door to the establishment swung open, and the man strode in with a sort of spring in his step. Whether he fought or recruited whoever smacked the shit out of those robed bastards, this would be a great night. He scanned the bar quickly, then noticed the bloodied man in the shihakusho. ...A shinigami had done that to his fellows? Holy shit. Only one word could describe this situation, if it were true. "...Epic," he muttered under his breath as he approached the bar. He took the stool next to the shinigami, and ordered an all Irish black and tan. He took only a few second to consider how to phrase his query before turning to the shinigami and asking him of his exploits. "So...Judging by that banged up face o' your, I'd say you're the one who laid out those pricks in the yard. Well...Am I right?"
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Kenboushou
Member Avatar

The drink burned his throat as he tilted the bottle back, the warm liquid swirling out of the bottle's neck and crashing into the back of his throat as he took a rather large gulp. The door opened and hit the wall as it was thrust open with force. A quick glance revealed a young man with short hair, his eyes like two deep set amethysts. He appeared regal and had an air of superiority around him. That was all he got with the glance, that bottle of alcohol in his well calloused fingers was more important to him. He sighed softly and set the bottle down, rubbing the scar on his left temple, his brow furrowed and wrinkled. The pain would come and go but it never hurt any less. All other voices were drowned out by the pain but soon someone asked him a question. He shook his head a little as if to collect himself and looked over his shoulder to the young man who had just answered. "I'm sorry... what was that?" he asked in a rather hushed tone, his gaze concentrating on a piece of fuzz on the man's shoulder. He was thinking about ignoring the answer, but a heavy sigh escaped his throat. "They cause me inconvenience... it was their problem for attacking me in a drunken state." He went back to his drink and then looked to him. "Do you know who I am?" asked Ken, his eyes concentrating on the man's face now. A deep chuckle escaped from his partially spread lips. "Typical." He returned to his bottle and finished off the last of the drink and placed the beautiful amber bottle on the old, worn out bottle. "You don't know who I am... but I will continue this conversation a little further... I am looking for answers, I was told I could find a man in this district, who would be able to help me with my problem. Meet me outside, I don't like others listening to my problems." As he turned, two zan swiveled and tapped his leg. Prying the door open with a lazy grip, he stepped out into the bright sun.

The air was much more clean, much more fresh outside. A bit of smoke from the last drag of his cigarette snaked out of the corner of his mouth, wafting around a bit before being carried off by the wind. His footsteps were light, the dust remaining almost completely undisturbed by his weight. The four Shinigami remained unconscious on the ground as he walked past them and turned down a dirt path that led to an abandoned park. Metal was bent and twisted, the ground left with deep lacerations. Patches of grass grew here and there, though it was sparse. It was evident a battle had taken place here, this whole world was evident of that. Districts laid to waste, their beauty snuffed out by the rage of war. The lush colors, the smell of the flowers after they opened, soaking up the sunlight, it was all ruined and most of all, he didn't know anything, why the world was like this. A bottle was pulled from his sleeve, he had swiped it from the bar. A firm grip and a little pressure from his thumb, broke the top of the neck clean off. He leaned back against a rusted and slightly damaged fence that once surrounded the playground. He tilted the bottle and poured the alcohol all over his body and shook his head slowly, casting drops of the strong smelling liquor onto the dusty earth. His gaze shifted to the man who had entered the bar. He lit a cigarette and tossed the match onto a dry patch of ground where it curled and withered in a black, gnarled shape. "I assume you have followed me because you know answers." A rather long drag was taken from the cigarette. The whole time, Ken had not let the human get a word in, rude? Yes, but that was just how Ken was feeling right now. "You know that I have no recollection of who, or what I once was... if you have answers then I will give you my attention... if not, then you will get out of my way for having wasted my time like those rude, robed men." His emerald colored eyes locked with the purple gaze of the human man, a veil of smoke coiling in front of him, alcohol dripping off of his crimson red hair.
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Baku
Member Avatar
Dayumn

"Do you know who I am?"

...Wha? Was this guy an amnesiac or something? Well, that would explain why he, despite being a shinigami, had just laid out four of his fellows. But why wouldn't they know who he was? Baku had always been under the impression that they all knew each other, or at least had files on each other. But they didn't know each others faces...He smirked as he filed his new observation away for future use. But, for now, he'd have to follow his new 'friend' and figure out what was up with him. He didn't even get his drink yet. Oh well. He stood up from the bar, slammed some money on the counter, enough for both men's drinks, and ran after the memory challenged shinigami.

He finally caught up to the man when he'd stopped to lean on a rusted wire fence. The scenery surrounding them was depressing, even for Baku's tastes. It looked like everything in the immediate area was dead or broken. He'd never really seen another side of Karakura, though. It was always bruised like a housewife who couldn't make a sandwich fast enough by his recollection. Then again, he'd only moved here after the war got really bad, so it wasn't all that surprising. But, for now, the shinigami was the focus of his attentions. Asking again who he was...And being a total dick about it in the process, no less. Johnny the alcoholic shinigami, as Baku would call him for now, was definately not a people person. "Get out of your way? Come on, man. That's no way to talk to somebody who just bought you a drink! ...Well, sorta." He cracked a smile and began to scratch his head, as he made his way over to a bench and took a seat. "I don't know who you are...Not surprising, since I've only lived a fraction of your existence. What I can tell you is what you are." His arms suddenly found themselves draped along the backing of the worn bench. "You're a shinigami....probably. And those four 'rude, robed men' you beat down are, or were, your fellows. If you want to know who you are, you should probably look for more of those robed folks. That's the best I can do for you."
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Kenboushou
Member Avatar

His emerald green eyes locked onto the human's eyes when he tried to talk to him like they had been pals for such a long time. Was there something he knew that he wasn't telling Ken? Perhaps this was just his way of doing things, although Ken didn't like it one bit. "I have bought my own drink. I hope you don't think I owe you because of it. I am only in a rush because I woke up in an alleyway, beaten and bloodied. I then spent countless years wandering the city. Watching it go from a beautiful town, filled with color and the smiling faces of men, women, and children, to war and looks of sorrow, pain, and anguish." he said softly. That wasn't going to help him any. Telling him to look for more of the Shinigami, as if he hadn't been doing that. This man seemed to think of him as a simpleton. "I have been looking for any lead I can and it seems that I have been led astray once again. I was told I was a Shinigami so I have spent my time looking for them yet not one of them seem to know who I was. You humans aren't much more helpful. You attack me, blaming me for all of the problems in this town." he said with a bit of contempt. He was tired of wasting his time, looking for answers when no one could help him. "If that is the best you could do for me then I must cut this "meeting" short and take my leave." said Ken as he moved away from the rusty fence.

The Shinigami was about to take his leave when there was a yell. His green eyes slowly moved to the man, his chest rising and falling as he ran with all of his might towards Ken. Ken know the look in his eyes, he knew all to well that look. The man was coming to end his life. "You humans... are you going to attack me when my back is turned on you..? You're just as cowardly as the Shinigami." he said. Ken didn't move, as the human made his way to him, Ken stepped to the side and struck the human's throat with his palm, a quick shift in his weight and his stance, casting the human into the air who landed on a sharp piece of metal jutting out of the ground. There was no compassion in the man's eyes. It was as if he had died long ago. Blood splattered all over Baku as the man had landed. Ken looked to Baku, reaching for his blade. "And are you going to avenge the death of one of your own?" he asked, his brow furrowed into a deep crease. Ken was on full guard now, waiting for anything to come his way.
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Baku
Member Avatar
Dayumn

Ugh...Guys like this were a pain to deal with. Guys like what, you ask? Serious folk. People who couldn't stop fretting over bullshit long enough to actually live their damn lives. Granted, lost memories weren't exactly bullshit, but any idiot who'd seen a movie could tell you that they'd come back eventually. And any idiot who'd read about real ass amnesia could tell you it was never really going to come back. Not without a miracle. So why fret? Just go on, live your life. Don't worry about what you've lost, just go get something new...And Baku would've imparted this philosophy upon the shinigami...Had he not been a total douchebag. Humans attacking him in the street? Not hard to believe considering how much of an uptight fucker this dude was. Still, the idiots who just lynched shinigami in the streets were a problem. "Hey, dude, don't lump me in with those morons. I have a plan. I have vision. They're just pissed off and looking for somebody to blame."

Speaking of moronic humans...One had decided to jump the great white asshole just as he decided to leave. The shinigami flipped him onto a worn and jagged fencepost...The blood flew everywhere, even splattering on the man as he looked on in wide eyed horror. 'Gruesome...' Just as he took out his phone, he noticed that the attacker was already dead, and the shinigami was taunting him. One of his own? Just barely...But he was family enough for Baku to make his decision regarding this clown. He walked over to the bodies, pushed its eyelids closed with two fingers, took off his sweatshirt, and covered him with it. "...I'm not avenging anything. But you're clearly nothing more than a feral cat, killing anything that you can manage that gets too close. You need to be put down, kitty." He turned to the shinigami, knowing that a charge wasn't wise, but feeling a little too enraged to give a flying fuck, and ran at him at full, impressive speed. On his way, he brandished, seemingly from thin air, a large hammer, and at the end of the gap, swung from the shinigami's left, at his mid section, with all his might. A headshot might have been a knockout blow, or even a kill if he was lucky, but this bastard was going to suffer.
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Kenboushou
Member Avatar

The wind seemed to blow as the human stood up and walked over to the human. Ken watched as two fingers were placed gingery on the translucent eyelids and pushed on them to close them. Ken wasn't always an ass, he was just in a particular fuck off mood today. He knew better than anyone that his memories would probably never come back, or come back eventually... but to be honest. Waiting and making a new life without knowing a thing was rather frustrating. Ken listened to the man call him a feral cat, that he needed to be put down. Then, with a rather surprising speed, the man was almost towards him, a large hammer appearing out of thing air... Ken hadn't witnessed a man this serious in a long time. With a quick jump, the Shinigami's foot, landed on top of the shaft of the hammer, before kicking down with all of his might, flipping backwards. As his body arced, a soft whisper came from his lips. "Kireme..." the Zan unsheathed from it's resting place, transformed in a beautiful dazzling light. Ken had landed a safe distance from the man in front of him. "What is your name." asked Ken, his weapon, much like a swallow, was double sided, a scythe on one end and a crescent blade on the other.

Ken stood, looking at the human before his eyes. The wind began to pick up and though they stood in an empty lot, barren of most signs of life, Sakura Petals drifted slowly between the two of them. All sound seemed to have been drowned out from the world. Ken slowly dug his toes into the ground and widened his stance a little, turning his left side towards Baku. The odd weapon gripped tightly in his fingers, his knuckles turning white. The blood was oddly beautiful in the dirt, splattered about, a few petals had landed on the blood, floating like a tiny sailboat on a crimson sea. The whitish pink petal soaked up much of the red, drowning. Emerald eyes stayed in place, when suddenly the staff was bumped to the left with a light tap of his hip. His left arm hung loosely at his side. The staff moved through the air, the metal shaft rolling along his neck, guided by his right hand, as he lowered his head. As he arched his back upwards, his neck forced the left end of Shikai to push itself back. A strong grip sending the blade to his right side with a sudden powerful increase in velocity. As it made it's way through the air, the end of the staff became a blur. The silence was suddenly broken as to Baku's right, there was a light crackling and from a distorted space, came the crescent of his Shikai from a blue portal. The crescent blade arced, it's path aimed for Baku's right flank. One singular sakura petal cut in half as it got into the blade's path. Ken, who remained in the same spot, bent his elbow, pulling his arm in front of him. The crescent blade pulled back. With a quick twirl, the scythe went for the ground, It once again seemed to vanish, only to appear from a blue portal by Baku's feet, aiming to lop his legs off by the knees. Quickly Ken pulled his weapon back and set it down at his side, the movements of his staff had made the dead leaves, grass, and dirt, swirl all around him, his robes fluttering in the air before there was silence once more, Ken swung his weapon back and forth, like a clock's pendulum, his emerald eyes fixed to the position of the human before him.

Oh... it was on. It was on like Donkey Kong, bitches.
Edited by Kenboushou, Aug 19 2010, 11:35 AM.
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Baku
Member Avatar
Dayumn

"No fucking..." Baku's expression turned to one of utter shock as the shinigami hopped on top of his weapon, then back flipped off of it, causing its notable weight to stray off course and into the ground before him...launching the man past the posturing shinigami and into a sandbox. He stood up, spat out some sand, and brushed some from his shoulders. The shinigami asked for his name...He wouldn't get it. Not any time soon, anyway. He hopped backward, and out of the sandbox, as the portal opened to his right. He'd fought shinigami before, and while he wasn't expecting that crap, he wasn't any stranger to indirect attacking. Just as he was preparing to make his way back to his foe, there was a swing at his knees. He jumped over the blade, rematerialized his hammer, then ran past the shinigami and swung for his back. That wouldn't be the end of it, though. He threw the hammer after the shinigami and then materialized his sword...Which began to glow with an awful black hue. Tick tick tick...
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Kenboushou
Member Avatar

He was glad the human had dodged the two attacks, it would have been boring otherwise. He held onto the staff with a firm grip and watched. The human was quick, almost too quick for his eyes, but he saw where he was going. The blade was shoved into the ground. Just as the hammer was swung at the Shinigami, Ken planed his foot onto the top of the staff, using it as a stepping stone. He leapt into the air and grabbed onto the end of his weapon that had appeared a good five feet or so in the air. The hammer missed him and he was now dangling up above. He pulled his weapon out completely and spun it around in the air. As he hovered in the air for a bit, he spun the staff around and started to dive towards Baku, head first. He stopped short though, pole vaulting over the man. As he landed, Ken thrust his weapon into the ground, causing his robe to flutter all about him. The weapon vanished and Ken had a well placed stance, he was planning something, but what was it going to be.
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Baku
Member Avatar
Dayumn

...He was fighting a freaking monkey. Just wonderful, that. The shinigami flew into the sky to avoid the mighty swing of his hammer, what a pain in the ass. Well, he'd thrown it after him, so surely that wou-- 'My aim is shit.' The hammer soared above the shinigami as he began his descent. Apparently, Baku had miscalculated...although, in actuality, he'd have to have actually aimed the attack for it to have been a "miscalculation." No matter, he still had the ace up his sleeve. And although this shinigami was clearly getting ready for something, he'd still use it. So where was I? Oh, right...BOOM. The cleaver was unsheathed at rapid speed, the terrifying black miasma surrounding the blade flew at the shinigami as if it sought to devour him. 'Let's see him jump away with his weapon in the ground.'
OFF PROFILE QUOTE TOP

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Tsubakidai · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Comrades...

The Bleach Society Role-Play Bleach: Avarice