Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

The Orange Blood Bank

Rebuilding The Culture

http://tinyurl.com/OrangeBlood

CONGRATS bicycleman - OUR 1,000,000TH VISITOR TO THE OBB 6/4/2013

Welcome to The Orange Blood Bank. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Knowledge Depot
Topic Started: Jan 7 2012, 07:45 PM (2,434 Views)
ccbeachlover11
Member Avatar
Orange Hematologist
Have any DS taken the training for Knowledge Depot the new training process rolling out Monday It seem like a lot of work as DS are now totally responsible for tracking and planning their dept associates training on an individual basis
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

80sMusicMan
No Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I took the training. From what I see it is a good system. I have no problem with getting more responsibilities and more control over my department and my associates.

The only problem I have is in order to all of these responsibilities, and do them well. I need control over my schedule and cannot spend more than 10% of my time helping customers.

I like helping customers. The reality is that if FAST is going to schedule me for customer service, when do I do the other responsibilities?

Hopefully, ATL will restructure something soon and take the DH's off the customer service graph.

Also, at my store the D30 DH only has 2 pt associates. Knowledge Depot doesn't really add much to his workload. Maybe he should have more depts. The plumbing Dh only has 3 pt associates.

See, when you really look at it, it is not the level of responsibility, it is the time allocated to that responsibility.

We are always trying to work around helping customers. At some point in time we need to just schedule the work. Sorry, but there will always need to be some level of operations work to be completed.

Good operations supports good customer service.

But I think the Knowledge Depot is good. Now I don't have to beg the ASDS to see where my associates are on training, or get written up because they didn't complete training that I didn't know about.

gardendude
No Avatar
Orange Hematologist
From what I have been told it sounds like a good thing. When I get my review my boss man can make my training reflect what she told me I need to get done.

BeckieBea
Member Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I pretty much agree with 80sMusicMan. I'm looking forward to not having to bug my ASDS all the time, but with Knowledge Depot coupled with all the reviews/observations I need to do, I don't really have much time to actually be out on the floor. I always feel like I'm slacking if I'm not writing something. :/
~Beckie

Changing the world one paint can register till at a time!

ccbeachlover11
Member Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I agree it will be quite good for the associates and I realize the regular monthly training will come up but the time it will take for me to do individual plans for my current 12 people and add 12 plus more when season breaks will be considerable and we have already been told their training plan needs to be part of there review

reachtruck
No Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I took the training a couple of weeks ago but actually took the system for a test drive today. I liked using the training admin link on my apron better. This is going to take some getting used to as it's not extremely well thought out. You'll see when you try it out. Millions of different links and crap. It's a tool to get the ASDS more time on the floor and less time in the office. Essentially the ASDS is going to have the schedules up by Tuesday and must spend 15 hours on the floor coaching associates on first and in charge of clinics and PK's.

VaExpeditor
Member Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I did the training a couple weeks ago and already forgot what that was. Hope it comes back to me when I login...

justatypn
Member Avatar
Orange Hematologist
We go live tomorrow, looking forward to staying on top of our associates instead of an embarrassment in staff because your department is the only one that kept the store from being 100% along with documentation.

It's an addition to our many tasks on a daily basis. It is hard trying to manage our time running a business and taking care of customers. Having two FT's and myself though I have more hours than many in the water hole part of the store it's still difficult to get our work done. I hate the apron's we wear but they do come in handy with the large pockets to carry reports and planner taking peaks at them not to mention the FIRST phone. There are days we don't get our work done much less have time to pee, but it's a great feeling when one can at least 1/2 accomplish the "Daily DH reports" weekly in our planner. It's all good though and I know our ASDS is looking forward to being able to come out from behind her four walls and help on the floor.
"No one can create negativity or stress within you.
Only you can do that by virtue of how you process
your world.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply