Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

The Orange Blood Bank

Rebuilding The Culture

http://tinyurl.com/OrangeBlood

CONGRATS bicycleman - OUR 1,000,000TH VISITOR TO THE OBB 6/4/2013

Welcome to The Orange Blood Bank. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HD blows it with BootzCast; Replace good Americast with Bootzcast crap
Topic Started: Dec 10 2010, 10:47 PM (7,741 Views)
Millennm
No Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I'm trying look professional at Home Depot in kitchens. But HD replaces their Americast tub line with Bootzcast for the same price. I didn't know much about Bootzcast until I tried to sell one to a customer. We had to keep opening boxes to find a good one without defects from overspray and bent tile flanges. Bootz obviously tried to copy the excellent America Standard Americast finish on a budget. But when Bootz sprayed the rough surface on the bottom of the tub for grip, they over sprayed it all over the inside of the tub. The inside walls and top ledge of the Bootzcast tubs felt like sandpaper. In contrast the Americast tubs are rough on the bottom and silky smooth everywhere else. I'm sure HD got a killer deal by excepting the Bootzcast line of tubs. But I haven't seen one sell in over two months.
Good job at making us look like fools.
Edited by Millennm, Oct 7 2012, 06:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

justatypn
Member Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I know that this was/is the December Merchandising Training Class and was impressed until I shadowed a designer on a tub option for one of our customers. I was surpriseed with the poor quality as well. We resently had an awesome reset, presented well until you open/show the Bootzcast tubs. OMG .... merchants need to know the selling product quality is the opposite side of the color wheel as to what they brought into our stores.
"No one can create negativity or stress within you.
Only you can do that by virtue of how you process
your world.

Al_Coh
Member Avatar
Orange Hematologist
I thought "Americast" had to do with the metal casting of the product and not with the finish. Correct me if I'm wrong.
on that note, I end my rant.

Millennm
No Avatar
Orange Hematologist
Al_Coh
Jan 9 2011, 09:17 PM
I thought "Americast" had to do with the metal casting of the product and not with the finish. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Americast is a man made composite for this American Standard tub. Americast is the name of the composite. Americast tubs are excellent. Bootzcast tubs are a cheap reproduction.

Millennm
No Avatar
Orange Hematologist
Just an update. Americast bath tubs were a high quality predecessor to the Bootzcast bath tubs. According to a long time receiving associate Americast tubs were shipped to Home Depot by American Standard. But Home Depot got a sweet deal by switching to Bootzcast tubs and shipping them through the Regional Distribution Center(RDC). Now we are receiving around 50% percent of our Bootzcast tubs damaged. As a result, we don't want anymore Bootzcast shipped to us. So we put new/damaged Bootzcast tubs on the shelf and leave it that way. They never sell so we don't receive any more damaged Bootzcast from the customer returns or the RDC. Everyone is happy.
Edited by Millennm, Apr 9 2013, 10:07 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply