Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to That Other Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Words to Live By; Because they make the boys happy
Topic Started: Aug 11 2009, 06:10 AM (1,858 Views)
andyfeltrad
Member Avatar
Floating hearts
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:hi Welcome to That Other Board! A wank-free environment where love of and for the boys is rampant (and equally shared), fans are allowed/encouraged to fangirl/boy out over whatever floats their boats, and zombies run free. :zattack

Please sure to read our rules (posted below for your convenience), introduce yourself, and most importantly, have a GOOD time.

Rules:

1. Respect. It ain't just a song, so practice what Aretha preaches.

2. Tolerance. It's not hard, so stop fucking with it.

3. Private Lives are best kept to bedrooms and kitchen tables (and maybe even a few counter tops), not public boards. Keep the speculation, rumors, and privately known facts to yourself.

4. Support - your friends, the guys, and the show. You'll lose all three if you don't.

5. Drama - Did you graduate from high school? So did we. We're done with that shit, so leave it at the door.

6. Spoilers - yeah, we got 'em, but they're not for everyone so make sure you use a spoiler toggle plz.

7. Fun - not just for girls anymore, Cyndi. We all wanna have it.

*On Signatures: To prevent too many graphics cluttering the board, and to make sure the threads flow and are easier to read, members are only allowed to have ONE image. Animated or still graphics are acceptable. But the signature size limit will be 600px by 250px. Anything over is not allowed.

*On Other Boards and Locations: If you want to reference another fan board in a civil way, that is fine. Examples include "Hi, I'm nouveau_monday on LJ, vh, vandj and probably other places, but really, I'm just monday." or "Hey, I just read on LJ that Noah and Luke are going to be on five times this week! Is that even possible?!?!??!? However, if you prefer to make passive aggressive comments about people on other sites and/or the sites themselves, you gotta go. Examples include "OMG, did you read that new story by that So? R U in? author. Who the hell does she think she is?" but it also includes, "Yeah, so, i'm so glad this rule is in place because on this other board that stuff is outta control."

We Live by the Rules, We Ban by the Rules

*Banning will occur at Administrators' discretion. So please play nicely.

Your Administrators/Moderators are:

andyfeltrad (Moey)
bluejeanbaby (Ailene)
bbwqueen1004 (Mayah)
monday (Monday)
SunshineKat (Kat)
MarvelAtThis (Marvel)

PM any one of us for all questions and concerns. :)
Edited by monday, Aug 24 2009, 10:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

monday
Member Avatar
stalking sarafim
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Question: private lives how? do you mean "i saw billy, jake and van at this club and they were so adorable!!!!" look i have pictures here! or just "oooooeerrrrr, i bet i know what van was doing last night *wink wink wink nudge nudge nudge*"?
"I have been a writer since 1949. I am self-taught. I have no theories about writing that might help others. When I write I simply become what I seemingly must become. I am six feet two and weigh nearly two hundred pounds and am badly coordinated, except when I swim. All that borrowed meat does the writing.

In the water I am beautiful."
-Kurt Vonnegut

bluejeanbaby
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The latter, Monday.

We don't want talk about personal relationships, assumed sexual orientations, and anything else that the boys themselves HAVE NOT mentioned (in some type of public forum - interview, article, etc., not what they mentioned to you half drunk on RTS) themselves to be fodder for discussion.

My Fanfic Can Be Found at My Master List

Posted Image
Meeting you was Fate. Becoming your friend Choice. But falling head over heels for you - I had no control over.

bbwqueen1004
Member Avatar
True Love Right HURRE.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
monday
Aug 11 2009, 10:43 AM
Question: private lives how? do you mean "i saw billy, jake and van at this club and they were so adorable!!!!" look i have pictures here! or just "oooooeerrrrr, i bet i know what van was doing last night *wink wink wink nudge nudge nudge*"?
Hi! Welcome to TEH BOARD. :D :D :D

The no talking about private lives rule deals more with not talking or speculating about anything of the guys personal lives. That is, unless it's based off of something that has already been confirmed or was said in an article of some sort.

Saying that you saw Billy, Jake, and Van somewhere and wanting to post pictures of it would be totally fine. It's more of the *wink wink nudge nudge* guess-what-I-heard-about-Van-and/or-Jake gossip talk that we would like to leave out of the public board and limit to PM's. Unless, like I mentioned, it's based off of something that has already been confirmed by either guy in an interview or article.

That's as far to my knowledge. Moey and Ailene, if there's anything more or less, respond! So I can know too. :P
Posted Image
Van and Jake Banner by Sara
Nuke avi by Keri (Oktoberskies) from LJ.
:)

MarvelAtThis
Member Avatar
WHAAA?!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
hai bitches!!! =) *blows kisses && obeys rules*
Stole the avi from Moey, && i iz not givin' it back! <3 <3

andyfeltrad
Member Avatar
Floating hearts
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
monday
Aug 11 2009, 10:43 AM
Basically what Ailene and Mayah said.

But, hey. If you happened to see Billy Van and Jake at a club and you hung out and took pictures, by all means post. Cause they're YOUR pics and that totally different from talking about their personal lives.

If you and Jake had a nice, long talk and he was all, "Yeah, my girlfriend totally loves that movie!" That's okay too. Cause it's not like your speculating anything or talking about anything that the either of the boys haven't said.

But if Van like took you aside and was all, "Yeah, Jake is an awesome top and great in bed...." Er, those are best left in PMs or locked posts on LJ or something haha.

andyfeltrad
Member Avatar
Floating hearts
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MarvelAtThis
Aug 11 2009, 02:58 PM
hai bitches!!! =) *blows kisses && obeys rules*
HI, BITCH!

Good to have you here, bb. :D

sarafim
Member Avatar
So Dead
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, sweet. Sig requirements = win. :D

*has a pet peeve*

Oh, and totally digging all the Nuke/Van/Jake-related forum titles, btw. Fizzy water ftw!

andyfeltrad
Member Avatar
Floating hearts
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
sarafim
Aug 11 2009, 10:39 PM
Oh, sweet. Sig requirements = win. :D

*has a pet peeve*

Oh, and totally digging all the Nuke/Van/Jake-related forum titles, btw. Fizzy water ftw!
Like those ginormous siggies that take up your ENTIRE COMP SCREEN? :'(

And yup. The title threads were Ailene's idea. HEE. Silly boys.

HAAAIIIIII!!!!

SunshineKat
Member Avatar
ZOMG ZOMBIE!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yo!

On board with those rules...

And I never know nothing so it's all good. :D

Clearlier
Member Avatar
Still Alive
[ * ]
General netiquette question here.

How are people finding out about this board? Is it bad for to pimp a new board elsewhere? Or is that left to the discretion of another board's mods? And is this place a total free for all? Or do you fiter out "undesireables".

Golly gosh I am just so curious. :D

MarvelAtThis
Member Avatar
WHAAA?!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Clearlier
Aug 12 2009, 04:34 PM

How are people finding out about this board? Is it bad for to pimp a new board elsewhere? Or is that left to the discretion of another board's mods? And is this place a total free for all? Or do you fiter out "undesireables".

As of right now, it seems to be just word of mouth. Talk is happening about pimping.

No one is being refused membership (as far as I know), && there shouldn't be a problem as long as the rules are followed, eh??

Well, that's my input... anyone else?? :P
Edited by MarvelAtThis, Aug 12 2009, 04:38 PM.
Stole the avi from Moey, && i iz not givin' it back! <3 <3

bbwqueen1004
Member Avatar
True Love Right HURRE.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Clearlier

Hee. Oh you.

We were thinking about just pimping it on the LJ for now, and letting the news spread from there (which it's bound to do. Maybe. IDK.)

But it's definitely a free-for-all who want to join! As long as they follow the rules, all is good. :D

Wow. Ok. Done sounding like a bitch for today! Have to get back to figuring out this board!

:kiss
Posted Image

bbwqueen1004
Member Avatar
True Love Right HURRE.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MarvelAtThis
Aug 12 2009, 04:37 PM
Clearlier

As of right now, it seems to be just word of mouth. Talk is happening about pimping.

No one is being refused membership (as far as I know), && there shouldn't be a problem as long as the rules are followed, eh??

Well, that's my input... anyone else?? :P
What she said. :)
Posted Image

heypinklady
Member Avatar
Limpin' along
[ *  * ]
*waves*

This is my first time posting. Read the rules and all. :)

andyfeltrad
Member Avatar
Floating hearts
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
heypinklady
Aug 12 2009, 09:33 PM
*waves*

This is my first time posting. Read the rules and all. :)
Hello and welcome!

Feel free to introduce yourself HERE :)

miss smp
Member Avatar
~~YEAH BABY...take it all off!!!~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
andyfeltrad
Aug 11 2009, 06:10 AM
Examples include "OMG, did you read that new story by that So? R U in? author. Who the hell does she think she is?"
I had to :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl at this because I think she :wub /they :wub are BRILLIANT and if anybody thinks otherwise...well then they're just silly!!! :P

monday & ithilien :ftw
Posted Image
The only thing better than half naked Nuke would be "Totally Naked Nuke"...a girl can dream...can't she?
I <3 Jake AND Van!!!
I <3 my pervs & BFF FOREVER!!!

ithilien22
Member Avatar
Still Alive
[ * ]
But...zombies?

That will never make any sense.

:alrighty

andyfeltrad
Member Avatar
Floating hearts
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ithilien22
Aug 13 2009, 03:29 AM
But...zombies?

That will never make any sense.

:alrighty
But Laura. The Zombies. The ZOMBIES!

I think if Jake and Van could...they'd date Zombies. :D

jodie o
Member Avatar
Still Alive
[ * ]
:ohshit Ooh, I was a bad girl and didn't read the rules very carefully. I got a "talkin' to".....nah, not really.

I just wanted to say sorry for having two banners in my sig. Send Jake to spank me. :P
Edited by jodie o, Aug 14 2009, 05:19 AM.

miss smp
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
jodie o
Aug 14 2009, 05:17 AM
:ohshit Ooh, I was a bad girl and didn't read the rules very carefully. I got a "talkin' to".....nah, not really.

I just wanted to say sorry for having two banners in my sig. Send Jake to spank me. :P
Don't feel bad, Jodie....I got a "talkin' to" too for the same thing!!! :rotfl ....now it's fixed and I quite like it!!! :angel

....once Jake is done spanking you send him my way :D ....I really need to be taught a lesson!!! :P

Posted Image
The only thing better than half naked Nuke would be "Totally Naked Nuke"...a girl can dream...can't she?
I <3 Jake AND Van!!!

bbwqueen1004
Member Avatar
True Love Right HURRE.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
miss smp
Aug 14 2009, 10:35 AM
jodie o

Don't feel bad, Jodie....I got a "talkin' to" too for the same thing!!! :rotfl ....now it's fixed and I quite like it!!! :angel

....once Jake is done spanking you send him my way :D ....I really need to be taught a lesson!!! :P

Both of you are naughty, naughty girls.

As punishment for both of you: :threesome :threesome

:P
Posted Image

miss smp
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
bbwqueen1004
Aug 14 2009, 11:38 AM
miss smp
Aug 14 2009, 10:35 AM
jodie o

Both of you are naughty, naughty girls.

As punishment for both of you: :threesome :threesome

:P
If you insist, Mayah...I will obey!!!....BRING.IT.ON!!! :D
Posted Image
I <3 Jake AND Van!!!

bluejeanbaby
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No apologies, necessary. It's fixed and all is well.

And yes, Jodie, you can have one of them in your siggy. :)

Thank you, both again!!
My Fanfic Can Be Found at My Master List

Posted Image
Meeting you was Fate. Becoming your friend Choice. But falling head over heels for you - I had no control over.

YikesYahooYum
Member Avatar
Still Alive
[ * ]
Read and understood ;)
Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
twitterlivejournal

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · This Shit Is Bananas · Next Topic »
Add Reply