Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Talon Guild Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Touhou 1~9 Download
Topic Started: Jul 21 2010, 09:58 AM (8,460 Views)
Aurion
Member Avatar
Bandersnatch
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
About Touhou: Touhou (Japanese for "east") is a vertical danmaku shooting game. (Danmaku is Japanese for "barrage", giving a hint that you have to dodge a bunch of bullets.) It's notorious for its excellent BGMs,(i.e.: UN Owen Was Her? Look it up. C:) large cast of interesting characters,(99% of which are female. The only male that actually makes an appearance in the game series is a flying, talking turtle.) and creative fanbase (if you go on YouTube, you'll find dozens of remixes of the same song, and many fan works). I find it highly addicting myself, and it should at least be worth a shot.

OH yeah, and I don't think downloading these games are entirely legal. But we don't sweat the small stuff, right? :v

OH SNAP. PIRATEBAY IS IN SOME DEEP TROUBLE. I COUNTER THE LAW WITH ZIP FILES.

1~12.3(Credit to Kasani for the link): Here.

TH1~9.5(does not include spinoffs, will find later): Here.
You might need an emulator to run Touhou 1~5 if you don't have a good registry. In that case: this should do the trick.

TH7.5: Here.

TH10: Here.

TH11:Here.

TH12: Here.

TH12.3 (because everyone needs at least one fighting spinoff): Here.

TH12.8(IS LOVE): Here. (Make sure you have adblock on, my Avast picked up some nasty ads here. :B)

TH12.5 (Credit to Kasani): Here.

Touhou 13: Ten Desires: Here.

For Fushigi no Gensokyo (Fangame):Here or here.

For Sanae Express Trial(fangame, same genre as Fushigi no Gensokyo, but it's more fun considering you don't stop to rest every 5 floors.) Here. Trial ends after you die.

If you have a missing dll file: Here.

-You need Windows to run Touhou, but I shouldn't need to say this since you also need Windows to run Mabinogi. xD

-You need BitTorrent and some type of RAR decompression program.

-When the file is downloading, create a document folder named Touhou, and extract it to there (I use the Free RAR Frog).

-Once the file is done downloading, right click it, select "open containing folder", and then extract each game to the Touhou folder.

-Note that Torrents take alot longer than regular files to download.

-English patches can be found on the Touhou wiki.

-The text may come up as gibberish if you don't have your system local set to Japanese. It's easy to change it. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings -> Advanced(Labeled as Administrative in mine)
->Set the Unicode to Japanese -> Reboot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Legi
Member Avatar
Mimic
[ *  * ]
Did you know that site is notorious for giving you viruses? I would know. my old computer crashed from a virus that site gave me while I was trying to DL Call of Duty 4 (NO, not Modern Warfare 2).

Beware of the spyware. :U

Aurion
Member Avatar
Bandersnatch
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I did a full scan of my computer after downloading each and every one of them. They're clean as far as I know.

Kasani
Brown Fox
[ * ]
Piratebay is always clean, Its where I get my Bootlegitly activated Windows,Macs and such CD
's same for their activators, and Mirrors Edge Downloads >:I As for alivetorrents. Sounds pretty Suspikious

Aurion
Member Avatar
Bandersnatch
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Like I said, these torrents are clean. If you get a virus, it's probably because of the ads on that site. Just turn on adblock and you'll be set.

Kasani
Brown Fox
[ * ]
Also those who downloaded the complete package, if your attempting to play Touhou 1-5. in order to start it up you need the emulator it came with to run the .hdi files so. A tutorial seems in order on how to use this emulator. NO PICTURES BRAH. Paint is being rude to me at the moment.

TUTORIAL
Goto your Touhou 1-5 folder. There should be a file named Anex 86. Open that, now there should be a couple bars that say FDD 1 and FDD2 on the top set. The bottom one says HDD 1 and HDD 2. You click the small periods next to HDD1 select the touhou you want to play. Do the same thing for HDD 2 make sure you pick theexact same one you picked from HDD 1. Leave the FDD's blank and hit start. Something about an MS DOS should popup on anex86. Press enter and it should take you to some microsoft message. Wait there and it should start up.

Controls
_________
Z=Regular shooting.
X=Spell or bomb whatever you refer it to.
ESC=Pause.

Hope this helps.

Aurion
Member Avatar
Bandersnatch
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And the 1~5 games don't have English patches, but they will at least be in translatable Japanese if you set your system local to Japanese.

Aurion
Member Avatar
Bandersnatch
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Poke. Updated. Touhou 12.8 came out today. Marisa is the extra boss. In case you didn't know, this now makes Marisa equally as constant in the series as Reimu, as the miko does not appear in this game. Wheee~ /runs around like an idiot with sparklers in hand.
Edited by Aurion, Aug 14 2010, 04:16 PM.

Linknavi
Member Avatar
Goblin
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lol aur, that must have made your day!

Aurion
Member Avatar
Bandersnatch
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, it might as well have made my week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Entertainment Section · Next Topic »
Add Reply