Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Tng Community, the forum for the online writing group "The Novelists' Guild."

Please join our community to help us expand. We profess in being open and friendly to our members and we have been working hard to make your experience here enjoyable. Features our forums have include:

• An official stories directory.
• Reviews from our staff. We will review any story in our directory, no obligations.
• Writing resources which will help you improve.
• A kind community of readers.
• Off-topic discussion forums.
• A friendly and experienced staff with months of experience in leading writing groups.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Site Coming Soon
Topic Started: Aug 21 2009, 04:39 AM (368 Views)
Cosmic
Member Avatar
Administrator

I'm planning on recreating this place on a website where I am able to create my own web-pages and use just about any free-source software to build us up. I will be using a web-host to build a website for the forum based around phpBB3 with information pages, the home page, and several other pages coded in good 'ol HTML. The site already exists and the phpBB has been installed but is being refined to fit our needs. This new site will give us an extra degree of customization that we never would have had with little old ZetaBoards. I may install other software like a blog but who knows.

For a bit we'll be staying here in these forums until our new site is ready. I was planning on making a ZB theme for us but that won't do much good on phpBB3, will it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Isaiah JS
Member Avatar
Reviewer

Can you transfer all the accounts and posts?
V E N G E A N C E
Even a
killer has a hint of morality
My poetry
Check it out!
"A cynic is the man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing."
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. "
"Man can believe the impossible, but man can never believe the improbable. "
"I have the simplest tastes, I am always satisfied with the best."

Cosmic
Member Avatar
Administrator

I don't know how I could. If I did it would probably break a few laws anyway. That's why I'm remaking the site while it's still young.
Edited by Cosmic, Aug 21 2009, 04:46 AM.

Wrath of the Gods
Member Avatar

You can transfer accounts and posts using this crawler converter.

By the way, x10hosting has very bad uptime. I had a site with them a while ago, and it was down more times than it was up. To be honest, you should just get paid hosting from http://hawkhost.com. Paid hosting brings guarantees.

Also, I don't like phpBB much. I know I gave you a phpBB2 converter, but you can just convert the database to myBB. There are plenty of instructions on how to do that here.
Posted Image
Calling on all Writers Be Creative Forums!

Cosmic
Member Avatar
Administrator

Wrath of the Gods
Aug 21 2009, 10:11 PM
You can transfer accounts and posts using this crawler converter.

By the way, x10hosting has very bad uptime. I had a site with them a while ago, and it was down more times than it was up. To be honest, you should just get paid hosting from http://hawkhost.com. Paid hosting brings guarantees.

Also, I don't like phpBB much. I know I gave you a phpBB2 converter, but you can just convert the database to myBB. There are plenty of instructions on how to do that here.
I know they have a moderately bad reputation but I'm just going to see how it works out I guess. I haven't experienced problems with them as of yet. Also I can't afford to pay for payed web hosting so this will have to do.

Also I like phpBB the most of all the software I've seen myself.
Edited by Cosmic, Aug 21 2009, 10:25 PM.

Cosmic
Member Avatar
Administrator

Please visit the new site at http://novelistsguild.x10hosting.com/index.php if your;e interested in joining it!

The current forum I am posting this on now will go offline soon. New registrations have been blocked here.
Edited by Cosmic, Aug 21 2009, 11:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Shiva created by Sarah and Delirium of the ZBTZ and Open Eyes.