Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Main Site Facebook YouTube Twitter
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, starting and replying in topics, voting in polls and more. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join us, we have cookies!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Which path is better?; In Radiata Stories
Topic Started: Feb 7 2008, 04:13 PM (3,906 Views)
Slick
Member Avatar
Bunny
Radiata Stories is one of my favorite games of all times. The first time I played, I didn't really have good characters, but I played it again and used gamefaqs to get the better human characters. I also completed the non-human path this time around.

Which path do you think is better?

I think the storyline kind of sucks in the human path. The ending is totally stupid, and everything you do kind of makes you seem like a jerk. You still have to fight the silver dragon Lucian/Aphelion in the human path, even though he's more or less a good guy for the humans.

The only reason why I wouldn't flat-out say that the non-human path is better is because the characters in the human path are far superior. Gerald, Nocturne, and Lily are examples of great characters you can get fairly early on (to beat Nocturne or Gerald, you just have to poison them and then run around till they die). Gerald even has a volty blast called Dual Wave Blade. Lily's weaker than both of them, and I got her late in the game my first playthrough, but in the second playthrough I got her early and she rocked. Late in the game, you can also recruit Kain (the easiest of the leaders to get), Curtis (who kind of sucks, as do most of the other mages except Genius :/), Elwen, and Nyx. If you play your cards right, you could wind up with an awesome party.

In the non-human path, you have Ganz, JJ, and my personal favorite character, Gruel. You can also put one of the elf healers in your party instead of JJ, who somewhat annoyingly knocks back every enemy he hits way across the screen. Early in the game you can fairly easily get some good characters, but late in the game the characters available to you are far shoddier than the ones in the human path. You can have Ridley for a time, and Gil the light elf is also fairly good at any point in the game, but in general the non-human characters are mostly bad.

Personally, I still like the non-human path better. It's easier not to miss out on the godly characters if you do the non-human path. The storyline also makes more sense and allows you to play a character that's more of a hero than just a confused warrior. Plus, if you're upset at missing Wind Valley or fighting Parsec, you can just do that, and fight the other two dragons, in Dragon Lair Cave after you beat the game. So you miss much less if you do the non-human path than if you do the human one, in my opinion.
Edited by Slick, Feb 7 2008, 04:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alexeon
Member Avatar
Lone Knight
True, but you missed two things. If you dont play the human path you dont get the Fayt armor (the coolest piece of equipment ever) and you are a traitor to mankind. How do you sleep at night? (Im just kidding. :D)

EtherealFate
Member Avatar
EtherealFate
:up: Oh yeah, the Fayt armor is the best look(though not the strongest piece of equipment). BTW, did this game have anyone else kicking every single thing in the game, or was it just me?

Luther
Member Avatar
I prefer human path because characters are stronger and I love Elwen (and her Avcoor :rofl: ).

Lanford
Member Avatar
Earthling
I prefer the Non-Human path. I don't know, maybe it's just me being way too attached to JackxRidley or something. Or maybe I just like the recruits there. Pretty interesting bunch, the non-humans are. And they've got Gil the Light Elf Warrior-slash-poet!

Fate
Member Avatar
p r i n c e

At first, I chose the Non-Human path because I thought the humans were too... common. I mean, it is a fantasy game of sorts, so I figured elves and such would be more unique. But as it turns out, there are some major disadvantages to choosing the Non-Human path. I chose to use two Light Elves: Shin and Gil, but they weren't that good. My third character was Valkyrie, though I still prefer to call her Lenneth. She was the only good one in my party, and she alone was what defeated the Ethereal Queen for me.

During my second playthrough, I decided that I would try the Human path. And so I did. But later on, I found out that I forgot to do one of the mission, and I couldn't recruit Thanos; that ultimately meant I couldn't recruit Elwen. And so, I has to restart the game again. But at least I had the tri-Emblem skill. Anyway, I did that, and this time, I finally got Elwen, and she turned out to be an incredible damage dealer. I also used Kain for his healing, and near the end, I added in Valkyrie as well. The three of them are very powerful, and Elwen deals about 3,000 damage with her Radiant Sword.

If I play again, I think I'll choose the Human path again, since I want to recruit Elwen.
Edited by Fate, Jul 7 2009, 11:24 AM.

Paw
Member Avatar
That guy that judges you silently
I like the non-human path most.
Story is always extremely important to me in games, and I think the non-human story is more exciting.
Also, the human path just seems immoral to me. The ending is better in the non-human path, too (imo)

Disregarding story, the human path rocks

Fate
Member Avatar
p r i n c e

The Human path has such powerful characters in comparison to the Non-Human path. Elwen, Nyx, Kain, they're all unstoppable together. I got careless once and Elwen died while fighting the Ethereal Queen, but that was just it. It's nearly impossible to lose the fight when you choose the Human path with those characters. As opposed to that, not many characters in the Non-Human path even come close to that. I know Gil is pretty good, and I heard that Gruel is somewhat powerful. But Valkyrie is the only powerful character on that side, in my opinion. I guess you have to sacrifice characters for plot and vice versa. <<

NeoAquarius12
Bunny
I mean, the human side is much more expansive, and the characters can be so much stronger. But I mean, as long as you have Jack and Valkyrie at the Ethereal Queen, you can basically have ANYONE and win the fight. The only thing that is really good about the non human side is that it is MUCH easier to recruit every character. Plus, Gil is sweet too. He deals tons of damage in one hit because of his wind attack.

Both sides have pros and cons. But I prefer the non-human side because of the ending. I like Ridley too much.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Radiata Stories · Next Topic »
Add Reply