Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Affiliates: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket dA: Photobucket Twitter: Photobucket

Current: Board Updates: New to the Forum?
Updated: 01/08 6:04 AM CST

Storming the Gate:
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Bunnie, Shadow, Cherna

CD Sessions: None ongoing
Recent:
How the Egg Stole Christmas
01/08 - We have officially moved to chats. Contact an admin via AIM if you are interested. Also, since we have made policy changes, you do not have to be a registered member to follow updates. To our anonymous members: no worries, the members-only sections are still just that! You are welcome to edit and delete any personal data if you feel insecure, but please leave your posts. If you want those removed, contact Brittany.

Additionally, the forum may still be used for discussion and other RP, one-on-ones, side arcs, and CD, as well as just logging for people to read. I am not closing the forum, simply smoothing out the RP process.

10/14 - Announcement from Rook moved here.

Welcome! We're happy you're interested in our group. We're always looking to add new members to the family, so we're excited about your visit! Take your time to navigate around the first five links below. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact the GM through the contact information listed in the Manual.

Instruction Manual
Plot Summary
Rules
Character Select
Application

Other Member Links
Story Order
Character Exchange
Character/Player List
Letter from the Founder
Letter from the Cofounder
Add Reply
Untitled RP 03; Sonadow planned; will move if it goes beyond PG-13
Topic Started: Jun 9 2010, 05:45 AM (397 Views)
Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
|D

Sonic was running. That itself wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but what was a little more strange, at least considering the lack of an attention span the hedgehog possessed, was the manner in which he was intently scanning the shadowed path over which he was traveling. He paused at intervals, occasionally kicking aside low-lying branches, then would shake his head before continuing onward in the same way. He was clearly looking for something, but likely wouldn't have any luck with the search for much longer as the sun was beginning to sink in the sky with the approach of twilight, and then the subsequent nightfall. Realizing this, the hero frowned in annoyance and came to a gradual stop. He hopped onto a tree branch a few feet off the ground, straddling it and peering down another path that stretched ahead of him, one hand shielding his view.

It happened that a certain black hedgehog was crossing that forest just then, aiming for the goal he got assigned to. By chance he noticed a blue spot somewhere in the trees. On closer inspection he could make out a familiar hedgehog, seeminly moody.At first he wanted to simply move on, but after a while he stopped, heaving a sigh at his own lack of steadiness, and turned back, where he leaned against a tree, silently staring at the blue hedgehog.

Determining that there was no point in heading any farther in the particular direction he had been staring, Sonic heaved a sigh and jumped back to the ground, his eyes falling on Shadow as he landed. "Shadow? What're you doing here?" he asked, blinking curiously at him. He wondered how long the other had been there watching him. "Gettin' kinda late, isn't it?" Once over the initial surprise that he wasn't the only one on that path, Sonic made his way toward Shadow with a more casual gait. "I wasn't gonna stay out much longer myself. But lemme know if you happen to come across a shiny red thing around here, will ya? I'm looking for some gadget that Tails put together a few days ago."

He stayed there quite a while, making no move to let Sonic know of his presence. Even after the blue hedgehog left that branch, he waited for the other one to start the conversation. “Classified information” was the frosty response. He wouldn’t get more out of him, even if it’d been permitted,
Following Sonic’s remark, Shadow’s look wandered to the darkening sky. “Indeed, but that doesn’t matter.” He focused his eyes on the other hedgehog once again. “A gadget? I think I came across something red earlier.”

While not surprised that Shadow had no intention of relaying his reason for being out, Sonic was intrigued that he actually had some idea of where the object was for which he had been searching. "Really?" Eyes brightening, he edged nearer to him, an easy grin quickly following. "Can you remember where you saw it? Whatever's so 'classified' can wait a little while, right?" Shadow may very well answer negatively, but in such a case, Sonic would be prepared to trail after him regardless and get in on whatever was so classified with his own heroics - or to be a general nuisance, from the other's perspective.

Looking at those expecting eyes, Shadow couldn’t help giving in. The knowledge of how annoying the blue hedgehog could be when he didn’t get what he wanted wasn’t much help. “Two more minutes won’t do any harm.” His superiors would surely be of another opinion, but he ignored that fact.
He actually expected that reaction, and he wouldn’t have mentioned it in the first place if he hadn’t been prepared for that. Without another word he turned into the direction he came from and preceded.

Sonic didn't hesitate to follow after Shadow, then moved to his side, mood heightened with the other hedgehog readily aiding him. "Two minutes? So it's not far from here? Heh, ya know, I was pretty sure it was close from what Tails said when I asked him about it, but I get the feeling I've been running in circles! Hard to tell with all these trees. Everything looks the same, especially at this time of day!" Unlike Shadow, Sonic seemed to be set on conversation, even if it was distinctly one-sided. "What you saw was sorta... roundish, right? I didn't really get a good look at it, but it might've had some silver design on the end. I think that was it." He didn't waste much time pondering this before he was abruptly giving Shadow his full attention, grinning toothily. "Hey, whaddaya think would happen if I tagged along on whatever's goin' on that's so classified? Bet ya couldn't stop me!" He was putting it forth as a challenge, but it was definitely an obnoxious one.

When Shadow was just about to answer one question, the blue hedgehog came up with a new one. He let out a sigh that rather turned into an angry snort. It wasn’t very hard to find out that Shadow was visibly annoyed. He wasn’t very keen on a conversation, moreover with Sonic, as those tend to be rather stressful.

“You can’t simply decide on your own to tag along!” the striped hedgehog growled.
He abruptly stopped and made Sonic do the same by putting a hand on his head, then forced him to move his head towards the undergrowth to the side, where some metal flashed.

“Sure I can! Think I just made that decision!” Sonic smirked, but the expression turned to a blank one by the gloved hand placed over his head. “Huh?” He blinked, not understanding what Shadow was trying to accomplish until his eyes fell on the metallic glint where the round object was catching the final light of the day. “Hey, there it is!”
Shaking his head free of Shadow’s grip, the hedgehog jumped forward to snatch the item, then straightened to give it a casual toss as he looked back toward the other with a grin. “Tails wasn’t expecting me to find this! He’ll be happy to get it back!” He stashed it in his quills and swaggered back to join Shadow, now ready to tag after him relentlessly. “I’m outta things to do since I’ve got this. Looks like I’ll have to get my entertainment from you tonight for sure!”

”Don’t you want to give this to the fox as soon as possible?”, Shadow asked as last attempt to change the other hedgehog’s mind, not really confident of its success. Maybe it wasn’t that bad to have some company for a change.…though now he was worried that his observation mission which required discretion and patience might turn out to be a failure with that rather lively hedgehog. “Guess I can’t stop you, right?”
He paused while turning around to give Sonic a pondering glance, then completed his motion and left into the direction he originally went.

Sonic gave a low chuckle. “You kidding? Tails would be gettin' ready to sleep about now! It can wait ‘til the morning.” Quite honestly Tails probably had a few more hours before he even thought about sleeping, but Sonic knew for a fact the store where the fox had wanted to purchase a replacement was already closed. Shadow’s glance was returned with a grin from the hero, and as he began to continue, he readily jumped to his side. “Sure you can’t tell me anything?” He prodded, sidling nearer to Shadow with the question. “I betcha I could be a lot more helpful if I knew what we were doing!” He paused. "Or I could do my own thing... Heheh."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
Shadow was aware that that about the fox wasn't the full truth, but he gave up trying to have any sensible conversation with him. "You could start with being silent.", the striped hedgehog responded. He glimped to his side, then started to quicken his pace. There was no more time to lose. "That's what is necessary for an observation. Think you can pull that off?"

Hopefully even Sonic could understand a sensitive mission. Otherwise he'd put the life of the both of them at risk. Steady but swift he glided over lumpy forest floor towards the yet unknown building, presumably build by a certain Doctor. That was yet to be made out.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Fastest Thing Alive
"What, think I don't know how to observe?" Sonic moved more quickly as Shadow did, looking sidelong to him. "Believe it or not, I've got plenty of experience with that sorta thing!" It went without saying that he actually wasted little time on observation before taking action. "But it would make things a little more interesting if we attracted attention, wouldn't ya say?"

He chuckled at this, looking ahead to the building that they were fast approaching. "So we're headed there!" he determined. "If this is so secret, we're not supposed to use the front door, huh?" With that, he instead darted around to a side window on coming within proximity of the closest wall, and picked up speed to launch himself up the wall and through a window with a crash.

From the higher point several feet upward, Sonic looked back down to Shadow, palms raised in a shrug. "Funny, no alarms. What exactly is so important to observe if there's such bad security?" Without waiting for an answer, the blue hedgehog turned to stealthily walk through the room he had entered, which seemed to be filled with only deactivated equipment and other odds and ends. At the door, he peeked outside to the area beyond, still seeing nothing but more of the same. "Nothing here. Boring," he muttered, eyes lidding flatly as his shoulders slumped, somewhat disappointed.

Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
"Plenty of experience?" Shadow raised a brow in disbelief. "Of course...", he sighed as Sonic continued. "Just what did I expect?", he asked, rather to himself, then remaining silent as the target came into view.

Before he had a chance utter his protest, however, Sonic already preceded. Shadow watched him with unease, but he tried to calm himself. He just couldn't be that rash. He wouldn't do- The sound of crashing glass interrupted his thoughts, staring for a moment at where Sonic had disappered, then following him through the now open window.

Inable to put his consternation and even more his anger into words, he attempted to rant at the blockhead before him, angrily gesturing and waving about, before he gave up with a snarl and went past the blue hedgehog to inspect the next room. It was beyond debate that Shadow rued to have spoken to Sonic more than ever.
Once he was out of sight, Shadow composed himself and let his eyes wander around the machinery, obviously unused for a long time.

He approached one of the control panels connected to even bigger apparatuses to check if it was still working. Rouge might have the most IT experience in Team Dark, but it shouldn't be too difficult for Shadow to find at least a few clues. Flipping a small switch which apparently controlled the power supply, a faint beep indicated the booting system.

Not prepared for the next thing, Shadow winced as suddenly a roaring laughter rang out and a stylized, grinning face appeared on the small screen embedded in the metallic case. At least the self-aggrandizing emblem left no doubt who built and used this abandoned factory. No one else would use that as their starting screen.
Edited by Shadow, Jul 6 2010, 06:24 AM.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Fastest Thing Alive
As Shadow went about his work at the control panel, Sonic did a quick exploration of the rest of the sizable building, making sure it really was as disused as it appeared. Even as quickly as he dashed through each area, that was certain, only more machinery or other forgotten parts scattered throughout the place. With that confirmed, Sonic would then return to the original room to see Shadow standing before the lit screen of the activated computer.

Before alerting Shadow to his return, Sonic stood in the doorway to watch him, oddly not making a point of loudly announcing himself just yet, as might typically be the case. As the other hedgehog looked over the evidence of what the factory's purpose might have been, he stared, regarding him with something of an admiring gaze. Moments later, the blue hedgehog caught himself and hastily averted his eyes, hoping Shadow had not noticed the way he was looking at him. "So, this isn't your only stop tonight, is it?" he asked, eyes shifting back toward him once again as he moved to sit on a rather familiar table that stood behind the GUN agent. "I was sorta hoping for more action!"
Edited by Sonic the Hedgehog, Jun 28 2010, 06:26 AM.

Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
Shadow remained silent as Sonic left the room. It would be easier to focus on finding important data without him around and distracting the GUN agent.

In the database he found positions of other facilities connected to the network, one of them acting as a nodal point. Looking at the state this factory was in, the information could be outdated since long, but those were their only clues to go on. If the data transfer was still going, the head quarter might get notified of the restarted activity. This was a fact that was not to be underestimated, and if they (he had accepted Sonic as part of the 'team' by then) continued their investigation, they should be prepared for the worst.

A little while later he sensed a presence behind him. He didn't bother to turn around and check as the options of who it could be were limited. This place had been abandoned and there was most likely no one besides the two of them in this building.

As Sonic finally spoke, Shadow gave up trying to get more information out of the terminal as there didn't seem to be anything more and turned to the blue hedgehog. "I think you won't be disappointed." Eyeing him for a moment, he then continued, facing the exit to leave. "We're going!"

Sonic the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Fastest Thing Alive
Shadow's response was just the sort of assurance Sonic needed. The blue hedgehog broke into a wide grin, hoisted himself from the table surface to the floor, and then he was at the computer to skim what Shadow had been sifting through on the screen, in particular the map of the other buildings' placements. "So that's the one, huh?" He pointed past Shadow to the main point highlighted. "Wonder what Eggman's up to this time! I hope we won't catch the guy unprepared~"

In the blink of an eye the blue hedgehog appeared back at the shattered window, and as soon as Shadow made a move to join him, would dash out through the presently darkened area in the direction of the next facility, supposedly one that would be active. Grinning at the other over his shoulder, Sonic leaned into his run to speed up in anticipation of whatever Eggman might have set up in the way of defenses. Mere observation was far from his mind. "Yo, Shads! Keep up!!"

Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
"I rather hope for the opposite", Shadow responed. However, it was futile to expect Sonic to think like an GUN agent.

As Sonic dashed towards the window they used as an entrance, Shadow followed him with his eyes, staring at him for a short moment as he didn't plan to use that exit, before he finally gave in and followed.

Shadow followed the blue blur in some distance. Even through the pitch-black night, it wasn't hard to notice the blue hedgehog's eagerness. At Sonic's goading he merely let out an angry snort.

As they arrived at a dump close to their destination, with the illuminated building in sight, he grabbed his arm to hold him back from thoughtlessly rushing in. The abandoned factory had just been a stroke of luck, but storming an active building required a bit more caution. They would need at least some kind of plan. He dragged him behind a pile towering above them to discuss their strategy. When he was sure he got Sonic's attention, he leaned against a table standing about and spoke.

[[...yeah... after your turn... xD]]

Sonic the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Fastest Thing Alive
No doubt, that building had to be one of Eggman's. The sheer number of flashing lights outside was enough to confirm that much. If not for Shadow tugging him off his course, Sonic would have been prepared to race on to the factory without hesitation, as the other hedgehog already predicted.

He didn't appreciate Shadow slowing him down, and was even less fond of being tugged away from their ultimate destination. The hedgehog voiced his displeasure with a groan of annoyance, putting up some resistance in digging his heels into the earth on the way to the hidden spot.

Once there, Sonic purposefully looked away from Shadow to survey a trash pile in his line of sight with an obvious lack of interest, arms folding over his chest in a manner that could be interpreted as more than a little sullen. Whatever Shadow had to say, he would only pay partial attention, only ready for a declaration of "Let's go!" or similar.

Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
"Listen up!" he began, well aware of the blue hedgehog's lack of interest. " I agreed to let you come along, but this is still my mission and I can't afford you to risk its success. The Doctor might know about us coming, and even though that might just increase your urge to play with him you have to restrain yourself." He reached for Sonic's shoulder and gruffly forced him to turn around and face him. "YOU will follow ME! Got that?!" Sonic better had to.

Shadow turned to leave the dump, but stopped looked back over his shoulder once more to give him further instructions. "We will use an unlit path to get into the building. This way we might remain unnoticed a bit longer. In there we will maintain a low profile. We don't want to cause a stir! Our priority objective is investigation, not more."

He gave Sonic a last warning glance. He still had a presentiment this would end up in a disaster.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Fastest Thing Alive
Very little registered with Sonic until Shadow forcefully turned him to look at him, and then he frowned, shrugging out from under the other's hand. "Okay! No need to get so physical, I got it!" he insisted, exaggeratedly brushing the short fur over his shoulder back into place. "I'll stay low... but if we run into anything, don't expect me to take the time for investigating!"

And so, despite Shadow's stern instructions concerning who would lead and who would follow, Sonic was off in a run for the factory. While he was intent on doing as he pleased, he did keep to the shaded areas, zig-zagging to avoid any lit spots, almost taking special care not to set off any alarms or attract notice just yet. But exactly how long he chose to respect Shadow's methods was yet to be seen.

Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
His hand met his forehead and crawled into the fur, as if in an attempt to hold back a headache. No way to turn back now. He swallowed his anger and followed the path Sonic chose, as for once he apparently had the sense to listen to at least part of what Shadow had said.

Shortly before arriving at the builing he overtook Sonic, giving him a short glimpse, and proceeded across the cluttered yard, jumping off a table and entering through a currently opened sliding door located a bit higher which apparently served as an entrance and exit for smaller robots, certainly not designed for humans. He traversed the corridor connected to that, closely paying attention not to run into any security cameras or traps occassionally turning around to check Sonic's position.

[[It's about time that Rook joins!]]

Sonic the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Fastest Thing Alive
Sonic said nothing as Shadow assumed the lead, though his features did take on a tinge of annoyance. The table just below the entry was a nice convenience though, which he took advantage of to follow Shadow inside the factory. It was then that he opened his mouth to talk, showing Shadow it was too much to hope for him to keep his silence for more than a minute. "Just how long was I supposed to be stickin' behind ya?"

Of course, he wouldn't wait for an answer. In a flash, he darted down an adjacent corridor to the one Shadow was taking. Too late he noticed a carefully placed camera right as he had turned another corner. While Sonic's first inclination was a rush of excitement that the good part was at last going to start, there was also some regret to have spoiled Shadow's plans so early in the game... but Shadow would get over it.

And so Sonic moved shamelessly before the camera, making funny faces at the doctor very likely receiving the visuals.

Shadow
Member Avatar
Ultimate Lifeform
"For as long as-" he began, but then, the Blue Blur had already passed him. He didn't waste a second on thinking or getting angry about the fact, that he actually trusted him to keep it low for at least a while, and followed him as fast as he could. Seeing Sonic before him, he reacted quick, charging energy and firing it at the camera before it could catch sight of the striped hedgehog.

If the enemy believed, only the accursed nemesis would be present, they could still make use of a moment of surprise. It wasn't all in vain yet, but still, Sonic brought them into trouble that could have been avoided if he had been more careful and if he wasn't aware of that yet, the agent's angry face as he turned towards his unwanted partner should make him realize.

Sonic raised his eyes to Shadow as he arrived to destroy the device into which he had been peering. He could see well enough that Shadow was not pleased in the least with his antics, but rather than expressing any regret, he was of the opinion that the other hedgehog should lighten up enough to realize he was simply making this venture more exciting for the both of them.

"He's gonna find out we're here soon, anyway!" Sonic exclaimed in his defense, his perky countenance a great contrast to Shadow's angry one. " So whatcha waiting for? If you don't wanna handle his 'bots, I'll take 'em all, easy. No worries!" The blue hedgehog finished with a cheery grin and a thumbs up.

„I would have prefered if it hadn’t been that soon“ Shadow snapped at the other hedgehog.

“Actually, I might you take up on that later.” Sonic could clean up the mess he made himself, while Shadow would try to gain as much information as possible. “I would welcome it if you didn’t provoke any more robots besides those that already were sicced on us.”

That said, he turned to walk down the corridor before them.

"And where's the fun in that?" Sonic scoffed. He sauntered after Shadow, keeping right at his shoulder, folding his arms behind his head in a very relaxed manner. He lidded his eyes and regarded the striped hedgehog with a smirk. "Besides, 'provoking' could be just walking into the same room as one. It's not like I'm tossing rocks at 'em and insulting their moms."

The blue hedgehog paused abruptly, looking down another corridor, dimmer than the one they were taking. He could catch the sounds of mechanical whirring from farther off in the same direction, and flicked his ears forward, interested. "I'm goin' this way!" he announced, winking at Shadow before lurching into a run. "Catch ya later, Shads!"

"But jumping around in front of cameras gets really close to that", Shadow replied, annoyed by the blue hedgehog's intransigence.

One short moment, Shadow considered whether it might be better to follow him, but eventually he turned around and went down another corridor. Sonic would be fine on his own... hopefully.

As it turned out, Sonic chose a path that Eggman must have hoped he would take, judging by the abrupt increase of robots and traps he came across. That, or he had monitored their progress to that point. But it didn't matter; effortless as always, Sonic proceeded to take down every obstacle in his path, moving in a near imperceptible, highspeed blur.

Finally, he landed a sharp kick to the head of another, jerking it off center. For a moment the hedgehog balanced there, looking around him; from his experience with Eggman's centers of operations, he estimated he would find his way back to Shadow at any moment, unless the GUN agent took another way than he expected. "C'mon, Eggy! Bring it on!!" Sonic urged loudly, continuing forward in a run.

Directly after, however, he was forced to a stop as he encountered three larger robots emerging from the shadows. They looked rather different than the others to which he was accustomed, and Sonic took a step back, quills bristling as he looked them over. "Hey there," he said in way of greeting, looking for similarities to the others he had just then destroyed. "Dunno if I've seen 'bots like you before...!"

Meanwhile Shadow followed the other path, carefully avoiding any cameras and devices that could notify the Doctor of his presence. Avoiding further robots and alarm systems, Shadow turned right into another corridor, eventually ending up near the point where Sonic was fighting a bunch of robots. He apparently got himself into trouble. Again.
Three unusual large and bulky robots approached him, probably better equipped and armored than most of those they encountered so far. Yep, trouble. For a second the striped hedgehog felt the urge to step in and help his unwanted 'partner' out, but the he remembered his words earlier and stopped. Yeah, he can handle the himself.

And so he waited in the shadows, leaning against the wall. If Sonic spotted him behind the metallic guards, he would see an amused smirk on his lips.
Shadow would wait for the blue hedgehog to give him a sign asking for help, that is if Sonic wasn't too proud for that.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
Fastest Thing Alive
Sonic didn't immediately notice Shadow. Offering the robots his typical challenging grin, he beckoned them forward, but didn't expect the ensuing blast of lasers that followed, much heavier than what was typical of Eggman's robots. Springing off the ground in a spin to avoid the attack, Sonic gave an exclamation of surprise. And then the other two took up the same course of action, and something behind him exploded. As soon as his feet touched the floor Sonic was in motion, ricocheting between the heavily armored robots to deal out damage with his sharp spines. These were indeed much more impressive than the others he had faced; he was having trouble making more than a dent in the shells.

Sonic dropped to race around the room, seeking out another angle from which to confront these formidable opponents, but braked very suddenly when he noticed Shadow. Apparently he was just watching as Sonic dealt with the GUN agent's assignment. "Enjoying the show?" Sonic flashed a grin before he was forced to move again, in order to evade another barrage of fire from the robots. But, as Sonic had paused to speak to Shadow, one of the three robots took notice of him as well, and a laser blast similar to those before would be sent in his direction.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Other RP · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Silt created by tiptopolive of IDS