Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Affiliates: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket dA: Photobucket Twitter: Photobucket

Current: Board Updates: New to the Forum?
Updated: 01/08 6:04 AM CST

Storming the Gate:
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Bunnie, Shadow, Cherna

CD Sessions: None ongoing
Recent:
How the Egg Stole Christmas
01/08 - We have officially moved to chats. Contact an admin via AIM if you are interested. Also, since we have made policy changes, you do not have to be a registered member to follow updates. To our anonymous members: no worries, the members-only sections are still just that! You are welcome to edit and delete any personal data if you feel insecure, but please leave your posts. If you want those removed, contact Brittany.

Additionally, the forum may still be used for discussion and other RP, one-on-ones, side arcs, and CD, as well as just logging for people to read. I am not closing the forum, simply smoothing out the RP process.

10/14 - Announcement from Rook moved here.

Welcome! We're happy you're interested in our group. We're always looking to add new members to the family, so we're excited about your visit! Take your time to navigate around the first five links below. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact the GM through the contact information listed in the Manual.

Instruction Manual
Plot Summary
Rules
Character Select
Application

Other Member Links
Story Order
Character Exchange
Character/Player List
Letter from the Founder
Letter from the Cofounder
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Karaoke Night
Topic Started: Apr 8 2010, 05:32 PM (1,364 Views)
Archive
A Rank
"This is the lamest thing I have ever fucking heard of in my life." Karaoke? With those fags he had to deal with on a regular enough basis as it was? Gay. Super gay. Someone must have been smoking crack, and he was sure it wasn't him. Pretty sure, anyhow.

The vibrant green hedgehog trudged into the room, nonetheless, dropping onto the L-shaped sofa encircling a small table. He was surprised he was the first one there.. but maybe someone else had already arrived and was out of the room for the moment. Out front: a stage, more seating, a karaoke machine and multiple microphones. Overhead: a disco ball, colored lighting, cheesy stuff like that. It wasn't until he noticed the full drink menu that he started to lighten up. Maybe there was something to this cultural phenomenon, after all.

Scourge nabbed the closest menu and propped his feet up on the round table, slouching in his seat as he started to read over the options. At least if he was under the influence, things might go a little less painfully for the rest of the night.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Archive
A Rank
Triton looked out from behind the curtains. Great; that recolor was there, "Okay, so Scourge is here... I wonder if anyone else is going to show up." He quickly grabbed his clip board; I sunk a lot of cash into this. They better come. Now it looks like the liquor is well stocked; heard that Scourge is a real drinker. He didn't want to end up empty by the end of the night. Though, with any luck, he might end up getting a few pictures for blackmail. He snickered, "Nothing but guys; one of them is bound to go gay tonight!" With that, he turned around and walked back to the dressing room. There he would find a number of costumes, ranging from cowboy hat to princess outfits. Snorting again, the Triceratops pulled a camera out from his vest pocket, "Oh yeah... this is going to be good."

Archive
A Rank
How'd he get talked into this? By now you'd think he'd know better. Hell, he SHOULD know better by this point. Getting involved in anything, ANYTHING at all at THe Hedgehog's advice was a bad idea, a catastrophe waiting to happen. And yet, did he wise up? Noooo, apparrantly he was a glutton for punishment...

He sneered at the sight of the green hedgehog, but otherwise ignored him and headed for a table in silence, looking surly as ever. "This is going to be a mistake, I just know it," he muttered to himself.

Archive
A Rank
Close behind Scourge and Knuckles was one of the three fowls that made up the Babylon Rouges. Wave was sporting her typical tomboy look. The idea of there being only males at the little get together was quickly blown up as she walked into the room. Even so, it wasn't a huge secret that the most likely response to a pickup line from her was a swift punch to the jaw.

But, if she was walking in the room, there was something much worse to be concerned about. After all, she was teammates with Jet and if she was here, there was a chance for him to show up as well. Being a party where singing is the primary thing of entertainment, that fact alone might make a few people hope to have earplugs. She found another seat a fair distance away from the two in the room, and grabbed one of the menus as well.

Archive
A Rank
Not far behind the others was the cause of Knuckles' current frustration, considerably cheery regarding the event in stark contrast to the echidna's attitude. As though to make sure he didn't turn and leave as soon as he had arrived, Sonic hastened on to join Knuckles, then remaining in his shadow until he was plainly making his way to a table. He darted to his side, noticing Scourge was already there as he did so. Giving him a moment's glance of mild interest, he just as soon raced ahead of Knuckles to beat him to he table he had set his sights on, sliding into a seat ahead of him.

Sonic had caught Knuckles' muttered words, and smirked back at him, patting the place beside him as an indication for him to sit as well. "We just got here, Knux. Besides, the only mistake'll be if Vector shows up and hogs the mics." He looked around to regard the stage, shiftng to make himself more comfortable in his seat.

Archive
A Rank
Without much warning there was a loud clunk that seemed to originate from the ceiling. What followed after was a few seconds of silence, followed by the sound of cracking wood and twisting aluminum as a hole was pried open in the roof.

"Hey! Hey you can't be in here! Wait! Waaiit! YAAAAAAA!!" A voice cried from the catwalk above. A moment later a somewhat youngish looking squirrel fell from the rafters.

"You! You crazy little! I'm getting the manager!!" he cried, picking himself up off the floor and running out. A moment later, the highly recognisable body of a robotic cobalt hedgehog levitated down directly in the middle of the stage, eyes flashing a vinyl record in hand.

Once landed, he looked about the room, eyes locking on Sonic momentarily. A small spindle extended from his intake manifold, and Metal placed the record upon it where it immediately began to spin. The machine then lifted a single claw, and placed it's needle edge on the outer rim of the disc.

Eggman's voice crackled through like a charm. "GREETINGS INFERNAL HEDGEHOG... and others! Since I know that your meager attempts at self entertainment will be MEANINGLESS UNACCEPTABLE DRIVEL without an entry from yours truely, allow me, DR. DJ EGGMAN, GENIUS EXTRODINARE to introduce myself!"

At this time, the record began to lay down a heavy thumping beat. "With this presentation of my marvelous work, you will surely be excited, no ASTOUNDED at the musical wiles of my indomitable intellect! Metal! Destroy this useless audio device and enter MUSIC MODE!" he barked and the robot turned his head to the kerioke machine. He knocked it over, crashing it onto the ground. He then bent down, and picked up the mics, plugging them into various ports on his upper chest.

"MUCH BETTER! Now let me GET THIS PARTY STARTED... as it were.... WITH A SUBMISSION THAT WILL LEAVE YOU FLABBERGASTED IN AWE!" The voice of eggman railed as canned cheers echoed from Metal.

With that, the machine promptly took off the record, and placed on another.

((metals song and metals dance moves! improved link))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPkYf1lDg8Q&feature=related

Archive
A Rank
Just in time for the end of Metal's Apple II-esque song and dance, a certain little yellow squirrel was back in the lobby with a few band-aids and most importantly, a little help from a rather big armadillo, one who looked none too happy to see one of Eggman's creations taking the stage. "Th-there he is! Th-that's h-h-him! Thats t-the guy th-that t-t-thew me off the b-b-balcony!" The squirrel looked like he was on the edge of tears, though then again, that wasn't exactly anything new for the kid.

As for the armadillo, seeing him pissed was a rare sight. Pissed he was, however, and seeing him steaming like this usually meant someone was about to get their ass kicked. He gave a quick crack of his knuckles, glaring at the robo "Grrrrr! Eggman, I know you can hear me through that thing! I thought I told you to get you and your tin cans away from Ray!"

No matter what followed or who lunged first, the next in line would take the chance to take the stage, dropping down recklessly from a small glass sunroof with a little "ta-daaaa!" to go with it. Unfortunately for everyone, that person just so happened to be Jet the Hawk, and even worse, he was going to sing. "Thank you! Thank you!" he responded in a light daze, daydreaming his own applause and a shower of cheers, despite that obviously not being the case. "I figured you lame-ass collections of losers, twits, and dorks needed some real music to kick it up to eleven! For someone totally extreme like me, the only thing that'll even come close is some equally extreme power metal!"

Deftly, Jet pulled out a CD, glancing once at the tipped karaoke machine and letting out a shrug as he popped it in, not even bothering to lift it up. If by some chance they actually let him go this far, the speakers would play, likely to nobody's surprise, something from DragonForce. The bandit was really getting into it, too. Off the bat he was going into furious air-guitar solos and belting out the lyrics to the top of his little feathery lungs, managing to somehow be both above and below the key, all at the same time as he shouted with the chorus "DISCIIIIPLEEES OF BAAABYLOOOOOOON!" at an earshattering volume in tune with the song as the karaoke unit suddenly caught fire, though not slowing the fowl down a bit. Even worse, this song was a full seven minutes long, so the vocal madness would continue either for the full length of the track, or until someone forcefully removed Jet from the stage...most likely the latter of the two.

Archive
A Rank
Knuckles had been about to respond, when Eggman showed up along with the metallic doppleganger. He'd been about to leap out and have at the egg shaped lunatic... and then the song started playing. Knuckles eye twitched, and he groaned. He looked over at Sonic flatly. "What was that about this not being a mistake?" he drawled.

Suffering through the performance, he'd been about to join Mighty...and then came Jet. He stared, horrified. "Oh no..." he murmured to himself as the music began. "Oh please no..."

And then came the singing.

Knuckles hands clamped over his ears as he winced, wondering if he had somehow offended a higher power to deserve this. "Sonic," he muttered. "If you are any kind of friend you'll do me the ultimate favor and kill me here and now," he half growled, half pleaded.

Archive
A Rank
Scourge looked up from the menu, wondering when someone would be by to take his order. That was how it worked here, right? Maybe he had to go outside. He never really participated in this sort of thing before. At least it was a secluded room with plenty of insulation to and from the outside world. That meant everyone on the outside would miss out on his remarkable vocals.. you know, should he choose to grace the stage with his presence. It wasn't likely, nor was it impossible.

Red came in first. As usual, he looked pretty bitchy about something. Shocker, really. That brought a smile to his face. Witnessing others' misery was his cup of tea in the morning (and seriously, he'd just awoken not too long ago, so it was about time.)

Next was that Babylon bird or whatever they were called. Wave. It was a shame she didn't hold his gaze, because he was trying pretty damn hard to wink at her. Ah, well. She'd be all over him later.

She didn't hold his interest long, anyway, because not too far behind was Sonic. Fwip, down came the shades, hiding the smug look in his eyes. He wondered if Blue was any kind of match for his skill. Most likely not. He might be a better fighter. He might be just a hair more experienced in combat. But he had to have a limit somewhere. Granted, Scourge himself never sang while sober, but he still figured Blue would be at the bottom rung of the ladder. Something like that.

He chuckled aloud, but didn't have time to make a snappy remark, as the scratching, cracking, screeching, and thudding noise started overhead. Scourge tensed in his seat, raising a brow in suspenseful curiosity. Metal Sonic? What the hell was going on? He was on the edge of the couch, ready to bolt any second.

When Metal opted for a bizarre song and dance instead, the green hedgehog felt his jaw drop. Wait, how was this even karaoke? It was ... well, he wasn't sure, but this surely wasn't considered singing, was it? Er, then again, Metal Sonic was a robot, right? He blinked a few times, then recovered, assuming no one caught him poised so quick to charge from his seat.

While he was grateful for Mighty bringing an abrupt end to the 'show,' he wasn't entirely sure he liked the replacement. But with the karaoke machine effectively put out of commission between Metal Sonic's handiwork and the spontaneous combustion of the equipment, it didn't look like they'd be sticking to the regular schedule for long. At least not in this particular room. Scourge proceeded to boo and hiss at the hawk, who didn't appear to be getting the hint that the whole show, and the room and equipment with it, were falling apart all around him. "Look, you broke the fucking console! Way to go, featherface! Get off the stage before you bust a blood vessel!" It might not be so bad if he came of it with damaged vocal chords, however...

Archive
A Rank
The only one who likely wasn't trying to nurse a quickly growing headache from Jet's horrible excuse for singing was the other fowl in the room. Then again, she had probably gotten used to this by now. Or she had come prepared with something protecting her non existent ears from the racket hidden under her bandanna.

Whatever the reason, Wave finished looking at the menu and sat it down to wait. This wasn't for anyone to come and take an order though. She was just curious about how long until someone attempted to drag Jet out back and put him out of his misery. That's what you do with animals that are slowly and painfully dying after all, and she was the first to admit that was exactly what Jet sounded like.

She had watched the events with disinterest thus far. The only reason she really came was to see how much of a train-wreck this meet up would be and maybe some free food and drink.

Archive
A Rank
In reaction to the appearance of Metal and the sound of Eggman's voice, Sonic had straightened and again moved forward in his seat, ears perking in interest at the atypical way he had decided to crash the party this time. However, he had anticipated Jet's subsequent arrival onstage even less, and cringed at the hawk's first would-be note. Jet singing was not something he had any desire to witness.

His own ears folded back at the noise, Sonic still kept enough composure to turn a reassuring grin on Knuckles. "A little too soon to consider that option," he returned, standing to move away from the table and join the others on the stage. "Especially if I can do something about it first!"

Even without his interference, given a bit more time the two would probably end it all themselves, judging by how quickly they had already torn up the stage. Nevertheless, Sonic reached his destination in a blue streak to hop beside the abused equipment. He gave it a passing glance before heading straight over behind Jet and, unceremoniously, sending a kick at his tail feathers to effectively boot him off the stage, should the hawk be too preoccupied with his own singing to dodge.

Archive
A Rank
Shadow still refused to believe that G.U.N. would actually bother with some brawl in some run-down bar. On top of that, they sent him. He certainly had more important things to do than attending some Karaoke event. They probably just thought he would be the fastest way to solve this problem.

"What a waste of time...."

As he was getting closer to the tumult, he managed to make out some of the voices which unfortunately sounded unpleasently familiar. He heard some insufferable cawing that reminded him of some rogue he'd prefer not to know. Besides that he recognized another voice he heard way too often. That one belonged to a certain blue hedgehog.

He stopped, as he just remembered the amplified voice echoing through the corridors a short while ago that beared an uncanny resemblance to Dr. Eggman.

Hesitantly, he entered the rather big room filled with all that trashy decoration. Not to mention all those anthropomorphic animals he wanted to meet at least.

Now he actually believed it.

Archive
A Rank
As the fallen karaoke machine sparked a bit more, flames, small as they were, began lapping at the edges and the floor. The hedgehog shifted uneasily, staring at the equipment. He finally climbed to his feet. "Uh, yeah, I have a better idea. M'going over here." To another room. Maybe the water sprinklers that just shut on would extinguish the flames.. but Scourge really didn't like to be so close to an open fire if he could help it.

He was just inching his way towards the door when a striped hedgehog blocked his path. Scourge froze. "Aw hell." Not Stripes. Please not Stripes. Now he was sizing up just how much room he had to squeeze past and escape the room without being ripped apart by a certain black hedgehog. An irrational fear, perhaps, but that didn't mean he couldn't have it.

Archive
A Rank
Jet wasn't exactly fond of seeing a certain blue nuisance sharing the stage of him and even through his self-assumed "perfect" rendition of ZP Theart's voice, the one person that stood out the most to the hawk, namely via his intense hatred, was that annoying little blue rat, Sonic. "Ugh, what the hell are you doing up here, rodent!?" he blurted out to the azul interruption, "It's my turn, damnit, so why don't you go back to taking your queer little foxboy and-" Of course, it was about then the avian's rant was cut short by a meager kick to the stomach, sending him stumbling back, flailing about at the edge of the stage to keep his balance. This sure didn't look good, but Jet wasn't going to take a fall alone. Oh no, he grasped at Sonic as he was falling back, pulling the Blue Blur with him, both providing an abrupt ending to his time on stage, as well as putting himself in position to try and beat the everloving crap out of the hedgehog.

Archive
A Rank
Knuckles by now was leaning his head on his hand, arm propped up on the table. Well, at least the neon green son of a buzzard had stopped singing... but now, all hell was on the verge of breaking loose. He mentally debated stopping the two from kicking the crap out of eachother, and ultimately concluded he should just let nature take its course. Idly he began to look over a menu. So many drinks he was unfamiliar with...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Lobby · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Silt created by tiptopolive of IDS