Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
1st Annual Lansing Downtown Zombie Walk
Topic Started: Jul 24 2010, 09:56 AM (1,440 Views)
ShutoStef
Member Avatar
Chairwoman and Artist/Dealer's Alley Coordinator
[ * ]
Shuto Con loves supporting local culture and events, so I wanted to post this press release for Lansing's 1st Annual Downtown Zombie Walk. Please come out on Sept 4th and support this awesome event! Besides... its another excuse to dress up ^_^ . I will be down in the park with a little table passing out fliers for Shuto Con, so stop by and say hi!

P.S. Be sure to sign up on their Facebook event page! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=107550899287248&ref=ts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For immediate release
Steven A. Ward
Cell Phone 517-648-3624
Email: [email protected]

1ST ANNUAL LANSING DOWNTOWN ZOMBIE WALK
The Zombie Walk for Hunger

Something otherworldly is happening in downtown Lansing this fall! On September 4th, 2010, zombies will roam the streets of Lansing in search of one thing… food for a never-ending horde of hungry people.

The event will take place on September 4th and is slated to begin in Ferris Park (at the corner of Shiawasee and Walnut) at noon sharp. We are encouraging people to bring themselves and a donation of non-perishable food items to Ferris Park on the day of the event.

The event will start with its most important part, the food drive. The Greater Lansing Area Food Bank will be on site with their collection vehicle taking all donations of goods or cash directly.

After the donations the fun begins! At 12:45 the walk itself will commence. We will be walking from Walnut, to Ottawa, to Capitol, and then to the steps of the capitol building itself. The crowd will then disperse and go about their business in the city. The event in its entirety is expected to take until roughly 2 p.m. with a possible after party at the Spiral.

Through grass roots networking and the internet we have managed to reach 1800+ so far. But with the help of your organization we could reach even more people! We are actively seeking aid in advertising, donations and in any capacity that your organization could assist us. We are in direct contact and working in concert with the Greater Lansing Food Bank, but the event organization and all responsibilities lie with myself and my volunteers. For information about this event, contact Steven Ward at (517)648-3624.
Edited by ShutoStef, Jul 24 2010, 09:59 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic