Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • INFO
  • NEWS
  • LINKS
  • SL CBOX

In 2007, Evo’s Dawn devastated our world; from that time, children began manifesting powers and abilities that turned civil society into chaos. Things only got worse from there: international tensions escalated and cities were destroyed, causing the blame to fall on the new generation.

The Children of Evo’s Dawn have one place to go: the Campus of Azura and Avalon. It’s there that they can try and piece together lives in the face of a harsh world. As the world turns ever deeper into the Era of Evo’s Dawn, we see events of the world wrapping ever closer to this school. At Shadowside, the new generation may be the only guiding light for the new world.

This cbox is for storyline updates only. To post general comments & news, please use the shoutbox at the bottom of the forum.

Welcome to Shadowside,

First off thank you for visiting our community and as you move though our rules, guidelines, and message board we hope you find the same interesting and friendly community as we have strived to develop.

We are a Play by Post Roleplaying community. Set in modern times at a completion school. With a few twists, we start with the existence of super powers in the population, magic, and abilities that make ordinary children extraordinary, add cutting edge technology, and racial tension between Humans and Evotellurics and we have a turbulent world of adventure to explore.

So please take some time explore our world and check out all that Shadowside has to offer for your roleplay and community needs.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Sean Conners
Topic Started: Jan 19 2012, 08:15 AM (436 Views)
EndlessDreamers
Member Avatar
Frozen Wonderland
Student Template Version 2.31

Student Name: Sean Conners

Race: Evotelluric

Dorm Number: NA

Physical Appearance: Sean is very average in various senses. His height is a bit higher than average, 5'11", but his weight, 150 lbs, is average for that height. He slouches a bit like any normal teenager, so he seems shorter than he actually is, but when he is standing up straight he's actually a bit imposing. His body, however, has evened out due to his age a little bit so he's not the awkward teenager he once was and he's actually proportionate for his height.

His hair and eyes are of an average color, brown. His hair is normally cut shorter and he keeps it styled off to one side. He never really uses gel or anything, simply a comb, primarily because he hates how it feels. The only time you will ever notice a change in it is if he's going out for a special occasion, where he will part it and use gel, but that is the only time he ever will use gel.

Outwardly it seems like he doesn't really care about his appearance that much. That's most likely why he looks like he stepped out of a shower and just dried his hair with a towel because that's primarily what he does. The unkempt look works for him and he likes it. While he seems like he doesn't care about what he looks like, he's found that he likes the entire unkempt look and thus doesn't do anything to change it.

His clothing is, as with him, average. He doesn't follow trends so you'll see him wearing t-shirts and jeans on most days, with a jacket over them if it gets colder. There isn't a whole lot more to him as a whole appearance wise.

The only thing above average is his face. It's not to say that he's overly attractive but he almost always has a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes that means he's thinking of something. This twinkle usually precludes a very dirty joke, so it's something that people look for.

Personality: The first thing you should know about Sean is that he's smart. Most of the things he does are due to that intelligence. He thinks quickly, comes up with ideas fast and in general is on the higher end of the IQ scale while still remaining within normal human limits. It's due to this that he gets in to so much trouble with his mouth, making jokes and various other things that he says due to him processing what he hears and immediately making something out of it. He's almost always thinking about something or other, so that is a major part of who he is. Unfortunately, or fortunately for the people who find him entertaining, there isn't much of a filter between his head and his mouth.

He's a huge fan of music and while he doesn't know a lot about artists or songs, he loves listening to it. He's tone sensitive so while he can't tell you the theory behind music he can tell you where a song changes subtly. So he's not so much a music nerd but an appreciator, going rather for music he likes than music he thinks is better. It's due to this that he is normally seen with an ear bud in at least one of his ears at all time.

Overall he's a bit more caring than most people when it comes to other people but that doesn't get in his way. He likes people and he likes making friends and the people that he gets along with he wants to be happy. Sometimes he can even be a bit self sacrificing in that sense but it doesn't matter to him. He doesn't mind sacrificing stuff for others.

When it comes to interests, he likes the internet, movies, video games and some sports. He's almost a stereotypical "guy" in a lot of senses, but in others he's not. He's not the type to judge someone by their body and while he admits that some women (and men) are attractive, he's not going to hit on them just because of that.

History: Sean is an American citizen, born and raised in a higher middle class environment. He lived a normal life most of the way through high school and even through Evo's Dawn. He was a B student who never really tried very hard in school and pretty much glided through. He never tried for As and would rather sit and listen to music and play on the computer than to actually put any effort in to things. He participated in soccer and foot ball, as people were wont to do in his home town if they were male and of the appropriate age. He was never very good at it, but it was a fun thing to do with his friends.

He even had a girlfriend or two during his time as a teenager, but it was never anything serious. He's still good friends with both of them (surprisingly enough), and they even know about the fact that he finds a few guys attractive. His liberal attitude primarily came from the friends that he hung out with. His family was more in the middle of politics.

While he always felt sorry for Evos, he never joined part in the debate for or against them and he was just a normal citizen in his lack of participation on that front. His parents never got involved on either side, choosing rather to let the government due what it saw as best. They did not like the idea of torturing citizens, but did believe that they had to be put somewhere to control their mutations. The fact that his own Evotelluric gene was never recognized was primarily because it required other Evos to be around him and to be using their powers when a specific requirement was being filled. In other words, it just never happened at the right time.

That was until he was 16 and a rampant Evo attacked his home town of Seattle. It wasn't a large scale attack but just a single Evo running around and blasting things. While it rarely happened, the protocol was simple, run in to your house and hide.

Unfortunately it decided to take his high school hostage and that was when things got tricky. It happened rather quickly. It was mad and sent a blast of energy towards a group of them to 'make a point'. He had already killed a teacher using this power and they had watched him dissolve in to ash, so they were already all scared to death. He was in said group that was the target. The blast of energy did nothing. Well, it did do something, it broke his hand in to a ton of little bone like fragments, however it didn't kill them as expected.

The Evo was apprehended soon after but upon getting his hand fixed, he asked a doctor about it. The doctor was a pro-Evo supporter who ran a test for him to determine if it was just a fluke. When the tests returned, the doctor suggested heavily to his parents to send him to Japan once the semester was over.

Of course, that created issues with how to do it while not informing their government as to what was going on. So, the doctor arranged with some friends of his to have Sean enrolled in a school in southern Japan and conveniently 'drop out' and be re-enrolled when he actually reached Japan. It was simply an exchange program, a very popular way of getting Evos overseas. It worked in the end, and so he was soon on a plane for a very long ride.

Now that a new semester has started, he's in a new school. He only barely understands what happened, he just knows that he's now an Evotelluric. He doesn't know much about his powers, he just knows that it's safer this way. The only major issue he saw was that he had to leave all his friends behind, but that's what Facebook is for!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Edited by Iron Angel, Jan 31 2012, 11:53 AM.
Sam Bryce
(Warning: Anything Sam says, does, etc, is simply because he's a stupid teenager. It has nothing to do with the author's actual thoughts, feelings, etc. However, if what he does bothers you, feel free to PM me and we can work stuff out!)

Iron Angel
Member Avatar
It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!
School: Azura

Year: First Year

Designation/Primary Magic Principle: Power Canceller

Special Abilities:

Supernatural Power Cancel

Training: N/A

Inventory/Equipment:
P.L.E.A.S.E.D. v1.0: Poly Linguistic Enlightenment And Service Extension Device

This little device comes standard to all students enrolling at either AEA or AMTI. Using a combination of Bluetooth technology and a unique brand of communication magic, this little beauty will translate any known, human language into your native language as it's spoken with only a point-five second lag. Aesthetically, it's either blue or red pending on your school colors and clips onto the ear as if a wireless cell phone accessory. Please enjoy your stay on the Twin Campus.

Current Available Credits: 0

Credit History
Edited by Iron Angel, Jan 31 2012, 11:54 AM.
Tiras Moonblade:"Just because I forget things, it doesn't mean I...huh?"
Shep Taylor:"If it feels like a rope, a wall, and a snake, it has to be an elephant."
Alice Aeronwen:"Having a dragon is like having a toddler...only it weighs more than you do and swallows your jewelry on purpose."
Shadowside Pokemon League: Water Gym(IV)Posted Image Dark Gym (V)Posted Image
Posted Image

EndlessDreamers
Member Avatar
Frozen Wonderland
Appearance and history:

Added a bit.

Powers:

1) Removed that clause.
2) Just totally reworded it so that he restores 1 minute of his power every 24 minutes when the power isn't active.
3) Moved (5) to (4) to cover the entire "He has to be actively trying to block it to block it" bit.
6) Changed it so that it only cancels its affect on him but not everyone else. That work?
7) I think I reworded it to work better, but if you don't want it to work AT ALL on magical items, etc, for now, that's fine too. I just want to avoid the entire "But I used a wand to manifest my magic so you can't cancel it!" later.
Sam Bryce
(Warning: Anything Sam says, does, etc, is simply because he's a stupid teenager. It has nothing to do with the author's actual thoughts, feelings, etc. However, if what he does bothers you, feel free to PM me and we can work stuff out!)

Iron Angel
Member Avatar
It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!
Ooo. I'm liking the edits to the early history. Sorry, I'm a stickler for at least some events or interests. The power still needs some tuning up. I don't mind that it covers multiple fields as long as there's a healthy balance in it, and you're definitely getting there.

#2: I'm getting this one, but I'm not, if that makes any sense. On the one hand, you have a cool down timer that fits nicely into the two-hour for five-minutes set up, but the wording is still difficult without reading over it a few times. At first glance, it looked like the cool down timer could be used to supersede the two-hour block by simply stockpiling unused minutes. It's not mind-bendingly broken considering how much 24 minutes can span in a round of posts, but it's still clunky. I would honestly consider labeling that five minutes as individual actions instead of solid minutes, and minutes could be used to describe area of effect abilities. i.e. He can cancel up to 5 fireballs or 5 minutes of AoE ability. A minute solid of a much stronger ability pelting him seems too strong for him to pop this on and off as he pleases, which is why I'm stressing this one so badly. If he could will this one for a one-shot with ample build up time for another and lapsing into the mode (or, heck, we could even eliminate recharging the mode for subsequent cancels as long as it's only five instances of cancelation), I'm much less leery of the cool down timer not taking effect until all five minutes have been accounted for. Would this be a clearer compromise?

#7: Radius from caster up to their range? Mostly a formality on this one, but poisonous gas cloud caught by wind drifting into him presents another hurdle.
Tiras Moonblade:"Just because I forget things, it doesn't mean I...huh?"
Shep Taylor:"If it feels like a rope, a wall, and a snake, it has to be an elephant."
Alice Aeronwen:"Having a dragon is like having a toddler...only it weighs more than you do and swallows your jewelry on purpose."
Shadowside Pokemon League: Water Gym(IV)Posted Image Dark Gym (V)Posted Image
Posted Image

EndlessDreamers
Member Avatar
Frozen Wonderland
Changed up the length system from minutes to charges. Also, elaborated a bit on transformations.

For the AoE example that you gave, a poison cloud, since that's less AoE and more just spreading a power out, he would cancel that like normal if he met his normal requirements. However a field upon which everyone who entered became super tired, it would be the radius from the user, as per normal.
Sam Bryce

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Azura Evotelluric Academy Student Registry · Next Topic »

Theme by Cody of Outline