Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • INFO
  • NEWS
  • LINKS
  • SL CBOX

In 2007, Evo’s Dawn devastated our world; from that time, children began manifesting powers and abilities that turned civil society into chaos. Things only got worse from there: international tensions escalated and cities were destroyed, causing the blame to fall on the new generation.

The Children of Evo’s Dawn have one place to go: the Campus of Azura and Avalon. It’s there that they can try and piece together lives in the face of a harsh world. As the world turns ever deeper into the Era of Evo’s Dawn, we see events of the world wrapping ever closer to this school. At Shadowside, the new generation may be the only guiding light for the new world.

This cbox is for storyline updates only. To post general comments & news, please use the shoutbox at the bottom of the forum.

Welcome to Shadowside,

First off thank you for visiting our community and as you move though our rules, guidelines, and message board we hope you find the same interesting and friendly community as we have strived to develop.

We are a Play by Post Roleplaying community. Set in modern times at a completion school. With a few twists, we start with the existence of super powers in the population, magic, and abilities that make ordinary children extraordinary, add cutting edge technology, and racial tension between Humans and Evotellurics and we have a turbulent world of adventure to explore.

So please take some time explore our world and check out all that Shadowside has to offer for your roleplay and community needs.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The Reaper Has Arrived!; Open to All!
Topic Started: Oct 31 2010, 05:12 PM (908 Views)
Phantom

Okay, lost a larger version of this post twice before getting this out. So please forgive me for the dumpster-quality. >.>

This is set during early October, well after sun-down, so some characters may need an excuse to be out right now.

Memphis and his boss, a formally-dressed man in his mid-twenties, climbed out of the subway exit at the Murial Grounds. Mr. Thane, as the older man was currently using, was struggling to haul three rolling-suitcases, wearing an enormous backpack, and handling two guitar cases as Memphis walked along leisurely with a single case in one of his black-gloved hands.

Death, Thanatos, Grim, or whatever name one wished to use, had insisted on carrying most of the luggage to Memph's dorm. He didn't even try to hide that he was at least somewhat relieved to be getting rid of his aprentice, but there were actual reasons for this arrangement. First of all, Memphis had a better learning environment here than the Reaper could supply him with. Secondly, he found that he had, for various reasons, almost no power over many of the school's residents. It infuriated him to no end, and he hoped some good would come of having his apprentice there.

Their first place to go was, of course, to the central office, to pick up a dorm key. Memphis went in to get it while his boss, grateful for the rest, relaxed on a bench. It had certainly been a busy day.
Edited by Phantom, Oct 31 2010, 05:15 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

In his way, he'd see an alien girl. She was carrying two books under a arm and reading one within her other hand. And to her tail she had tied the key of her bedroom. "Curious, very curious..." she mumbled herself, reading the book. As she went past, he'd see the books was of Earth's History. Curious, as she was an alien to the very unique appearance... Silver eyes, tail and hair... Tail that was like of some wolf or something... The aura around her seemed to be burning with life.

Phantom

Memphis stopped dead at the sight of another student. He couldn't help but turn his head and stare for a moment, but unless she happened to be watching him, his oversized hat and sunglasses would hide most of the movement. He recomposed himself quickly and walked over, completely willing to postpone the matter of getting a dorm key for the sake of an interesting meeting.

He adpoted his customary, fanged grin and spoke in what was either a joking or flirtatious tone. "Well, now, what's a pretty young..." there was perhaps the mother of all akward silences at that point, but he recovered swiftly, as always, "...creature like you doing out so late?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

The girl accidentally reads a bit of it aloud just a little before she answers his question: "The witch trials was amass execution of- Oh, only studying.". She looked to him over her shoulder, before once again speaking: "What are you doing up late as well? Studying? Wandering aimlessly?". He'd eventually hear her mumble something and the few words that got translated were "Think" and "Coffee"

Phantom

Memphis was a bit amused- and just slightly disturbed- that her 'studies' included witch burnings, but he put that aside for the moment and answered. "Oh, just gettin' a dorm key- I'm new here. The sun doesn't do me any good." He chuckled a bit and picked up a bit of a regal posture, tipping his hat to the girl. "But where are my manners! I am Memphis the Reaper, Delegator of Death, Embassy of Extinction, Royal of the Rift, and Professional Musician."

He reached into his breast pocket to pull out a two-by-four piece of plastic and held it out to her. "My card." His grin only widened as he swung the case over his shoulder, pretending not to feel the painful strain. "And you?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mari balanced the books on one hand and took the card with the other, quickly reading it and using it as a bookmark. "Judging by your job, I guess I have meet you at least once." she said and stacked the book she was reading with the others she had yet to read "And I guess you know well about the past, which I may need to know if I want to fit in this community."

Then it was her turn to introduce herself. "I'm Marig Tyonies, but I prefer to be called Mari. It is easy and fits with almost any phrase. I'm a Geogyan, 16 years old in Earth's years and 32 in Geogy's years."

Phantom

"...I guess I have meet you at least once..."

Either she was undead, or had hit a few life or death experiences.

"I'm a Geogyan, 16 years old in Earth's years and 32 in Geogy's years..."

Which pretty much solidified to him that she was an alien. That was interesting, to say the least. Later, he'd ask his boss whether he actually had any power over people on other planets. Maybe not, since he didn't even have much of a power over those in the school.

He nodded at her indirect request for help- that was how he interpreted it, anyway- and answered, "Sure. And perhaps you could return the favour by showing me around the school?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Well, we're both newbies here.." Mari said, resting the books within her arms once again "I only know the way from the dorm to the snack machine and to the library. And even so I had to ask around for directions. But once you get used, there's nothing to worry about. Let's go up to the dorms?".

His presence didn't bother her. Her aura remained the same, her tail just moved little and slowly.

Phantom

[OoC: I'm assuming he can pick up his dorm key from the dorm rooms, now, for the sake of convenience. >.> Also, sorry about the short post, not sure how much else I can say right now.]

Another new student? Well, that was fitting. The first person the Grim Reaper's apprentice would meet upon entering a school for trans-human entities would, logically, be an alien. That was logic, right? Right?

He nodded, and held out his free hand. "Certainly, Mari." A bit forward? Probably. He called out into the darkness. "Le's go, boss, we're burnin' moonlight. Heh heh."

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mari giggled and led him through the hallways. After a while, she decided to speak again. "So, what do you have to say about your job? Interesting? Stressing? or what?" she asked, out of nothing but curiousity. Her tail moving very little and eyes on him, hair waving against the breeze.

Phantom

Mr. Thane sighed as he saw that Memphis was already hanging out with some girl- and he hadn't even moved in yet. He wondered if he would ever take his job seriously. Nevertheless, he loyally began dragging his load, following a few meters behind.

Memphis looked about for his dorm. By the numbering, it would be a fairly long walk. "My job? Oh, interesting, certainly. Not really stressing- challenging sometimes. Thing is, I'm still a bit low on the foodchain here. My boss- the guy behind us who refuses to use his powers to carry those things- is the one who does most of the work, for now. I'm his apprentice, so I get to do a few supernatural odd jobs for my 'training'. It's mostly just fun, to me. People always seem to think death is the worst thing that can happen..." he felt that was getting heavy, so he changed topics.

"'Course, it doesn't exactly pay the bills, hence the instruments."
Edited by Phantom, Nov 20 2010, 04:30 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Very interesting... As for me, I was often obtaining 'illegal' stuff in my planet. Things like computers, tv and other things that exists here. The leaders of my planet are paranoid about 'interplanetary products being weapons in disguise'. Seriously, when is something like an iPhone or coffee mug a disguised weapon?! My stun gun was ten times dangerous than anything like that!" Mari said "Due to that, I had to serve my planet's army and take on missions... At one mission, I almost died in a planet... And stayed there for long, lost. Until they finally rescued me. Imagine the trauma."

Phantom

"Seriously, when is something like an iPhone or coffee mug a disguised weapon?! My stun gun was ten times dangerous than anything like that!"

"Well, you'd be surprised. One of my employers had a pistol built into his cell phone." He paused a second. "But... coffee mugs?"

"Due to that, I had to serve my planet's army and take on missions... At one mission, I almost died in a planet... And stayed there for long, lost. Until they finally rescued me. Imagine the trauma."

He had to smile at that. Not because it was amusing, but because he could relate, to a point. "I think I can. I used to be a normal human- I met Old Grim the same way as everybody else. It was like a different world, for a while."

Deleted User
Deleted User

"The good thing? After all I went through, They sent me here with a mission to conquer milky way. But in no way I'll follow their orders. Specially with space pirates out there." Marisaid "But I guess I'll miss my mother... And her tales of the time she was a thief."

Once they neared the door of her dorm, she said "Want to come in and drink something? I have coffee, juice, tea, milk, chocolate milk..."

Phantom

"Conquer the galaxy? Should we expect their arrival soon, then?" he half-joked. If it happened, he'd go with the flow. "Pirates too... I'm surprised we haven't seen anything ye- well, heh, I suppose now we have." He was really making light of the whole thing. "Sounds like your mother really knew how to live." He hoped that didn't come off as sarcastic- it really was something he could respect.

He was glad they could continue the talk for a while. "Sure. Been a few months since I had anything to eat or drink." Then, tossing back his dorm key, "Go on ahead, boss, I'm stopping here for a bit." He didn't bother explaining his comment unless she asked, and allowed her to lead him in. He had to admit this place was already looking pretty nice.
Edited by Phantom, Nov 20 2010, 05:59 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mari nodded and openned the door. He led him into a rather simple dorm, with a small kitchen, a small bathroom and the bedroom that was also the living room, for how small it is. Cramped in a corner were a lot of books with a broken gun on it. She motioned to the mattress and said "Take a seat, I'll go fix something. for us.". Her mattress was a little dense, apparently uncomfortable.

Phantom

The dorm looked... nice. Homey, to him. He looked at his surroundings, and smiled as he asked, "A weapon of some sort? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in weapons from another world." He sat and set his guitar case in his lap. Which one did he have in here again? Oh well.

"So, is there any particular reason you're here? Oh, the reason is obvious, but is there something specific you're here to learn? I gather that most people here are trying to increase their powers somehow."

Deleted User
Deleted User

"As you see..." Mari said from the kitchen "I'm studying about Earth and all the history I can... I don't have any reason to expand my powers... As they can be a destructive force that could be easily exploited in a military project... So, no way I'll grow any powerfull... What would you like to eat? I have cheese, ham, cake, chocolate, yesterday's pizza and riceballs."

Phantom

"Interesting... I'm impressed. The movies would have it that an alien never understood a thing about humans, but you've hit the nail on the head." He had to chuckle a bit. Though, he still wondered what her powers were, exactly. Oh well- it wasn't really important, so long as she wasn't something that would banish him into a netherworld for any evil act...

He'd remember to find out later.

"Oh, anything. I'm not too picky. But surely you have some goal in mind? Something that makes you look forward to your actions in the day, something that you consider important in the long term?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mari puts the pizza in the microwave to heat it up, as she then sat with him. She didn't have any goal... Or did she? She pondered on that, until she finally said: "I only want to fit in... It's like... Imagine an Otaku living in their favorite anime or manga. That's how I feel now. I'm in the place I've always wanted to. I guess that this is my goal... And, from the point I fit in, I'll find a new goal. Maybe a family or something."

Phantom

"Hmm... I guess I'm just the opposite. I always try to stand out in some way. I think most people do that if they fit in in the first place. But I'm not sure it's so hard to fit in here. Granted, I haven't been here long, but considering people don't take a second glance at demons and kids with wings, I don't see how it's even possible to stand out. But you never know, I guess." He shifted to a more comfortable position, resting his head in his hands with his typical smile.

"You know, this world was really different three years ago. Back then, if anybody saw you on the streets, they'd assume it was a costume. Now I wonder if most of them even think twice about people like us."

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Well, I just hope no one thinks I'm a monster..." Mari said and lies on her stomach, taking a book and openning it "After all... I look almost human, don't I?". Her tail moved slowly as she spoke. Her eyes went from him to the book. "In the past... Things were a lot worse, no? I've read about witch trials, tortures and etcetera... The horrors of the past no longer haunts us, do they?"

Phantom

"A monster? Not likely." He laughed softly. "Human? Almost. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. I'm almost completely human, myself, but I know a lot of people who would call me a monster. The horrors of the past have softened, but they'll never be gone. They just fade into obscurity and minority as new ones come about. Doesn't mean it's a bad world, but the problems are there."

He really didn't like having to say things with that atmosphere. "But for every horror, there's a dozen more things to live for. Fame, wealth, love, excessive sugar in a cup of coffee, this world has a lot to like, even if I don't have anything to compare it to." He stared dreamily at the ceiling. "In the business of reaping, you can't help but think about these things, but sometimes I wonder why anyone chooses to pass on at the end."

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Well, prejudice is everywhere... Or do you think it was easy for me in my planet? I often heard remarks on being the daughter of a criminal and comments on me ending in the same lifestyle my mother had." Mari said "My father and mother were the only that had trusted me to the bottom of their hearts... I bet they must be happy to know that I'm here, but dunno if they know of the conflict out the atmosphere."

DING!

The pizza was ready, and she went to get it for them, sitting on the bed and place the plate with four slices between them.

Phantom

"'Course not- if you lived in a perfect world, you couldn't like this place very well. I know what it's like to miss your parents..." He lifted his glasses for just a second to wipe away the beginnings of a tear. "Mine went the same time as me, but I was the only one who stayed around."

When she came back with pizza, he continued, taking a slice. "Thanks. What was it like back on-" He had to pause for a second for the name, "-Geogy?"
Edited by Phantom, Nov 21 2010, 11:47 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Murial Grounds · Next Topic »

Theme by Cody of Outline