Welcome to Shadows Of Eternity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Shadows of Eternity is a moderate to advanced horror & mystery roleplay forum that is home to many friendly members and staff that are always looking to RP. There are few limitations on character creation because we like for our members to be as creative with them and their roleplays as possible. We welcome all races and skill levels. Join the fun and dream our nightmares!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Alone....
Topic Started: Sep 6 2010, 06:28 PM (1,012 Views)
Star
No Avatar
Ghoul

Star sat on the edge of the cliffs, if she unbent her knees her legs would hang over the edge, it was dangerous, she knew that, eternity a slip away and she didn't care. A powerful gust of wind blew her hair back whipping it around her head like fire in a breeze but she only sat her arms wrapped around her legs her chin on her knees staring out over the ocean, what is wrong with me, she thought, it wasn't the first time she had felt this utterly alone, she knew it wouldn't be the last, but she couldn't figure out what was causing it. Maybe if I just slipped over the edge, no one would know....would any one care? Yes a little voice said, it sounded like Kana, her twin, that made it worse, she could almost feel the little storm cloud floating over her head thunder rumbling as if it wasn't happy about her current gloomy state of mind, when she thought about it though she wasn't happy about her current gloomy state of mind, but she also wasn't willing to get up, get over it, and cheer herself up.

Star groaned loudly though it was lost as a wave crashed against the cliff face sending a mist of water into her face, she groaned again and hid her face against her knees, the sky was over cast and the ocean below her churned, she felt like they were trying to make her mood worse. Things weren't going right and worst of all....she thought she felt a raindrop land on the back of her neck, she wanted to cry.
Offline Profile Quote Top

CutradeArgos
No Avatar

Cutra had been moving around the cliffs in this area for no reason. She had felt a few raindrops on her skin."Great it looks like its going to rain, how miserable." She thought out loud to herself. She looked out in the distance and saw a figure sitting on the edge of a cliff. How easy it was to go up and give her a little push, and watch her fall off the edge, but she thought against. She had been lonely for sometime now and company would be nice. She moved toward the figure, and noticed that it was a female. She moved up toward her slowly. "Umm.. Hello?" She asked, also to make herself known so she wouldn't surprise her to bad.

Cutra blinked and waited for an answer she dug around in her side pouch and pulled out some dried meat and snacked on it lightly. She put her pack on the ground and squatted a ways back from he, on of her ebony like hands holding her hood over her head. Most people that knew about her kind looked down on her, but she wasn't sure if she was ready to be out-casted just yet. She watched what looked to be a young female woman intently." Are you okay?" She asked slightly softer. Then she waited, and just watched and she nibbled on her meat softly.

Edited by CutradeArgos, Oct 5 2010, 10:14 AM.

Star
No Avatar
Ghoul

Stars eyes snapped open and she stopped breathing momentarily when she heard the greeting so close behind her, but she lifted her head slowly like she hadn't just been jarred out of her thoughts, and more importantly, out of her misery.
"Hello."
she said softly as she turned her head to see the strange looking woman, she didn't recognize the woman and she didn't know what species she was either and her curiosity got the better of her gloomy mood. So she moved a bit so she wasn't really facing the cliffs and churning ocean, but the woman squatting near her.
"Yes, simply homesick, I think."
She said in her gentle and accented tones and she even managed a small smile for the woman, she saw charcoal skin and midnight eyes that held traces of crimson and black and strands of stark white hair that startled her ember eyes.
"I do not mean to be impertinent but....what are you? And what, if you do not mind telling a stranger, is your name?"
She asked fascinated by this woman's white hair and charcoal skin....and those eyes, she was so strange and beautiful Star couldn't help starring, she had never seen anyone like her before.

CutradeArgos
No Avatar

Cutra gave a faint smile, as she moved and leaned back and sat down her coat underneath her. "I know how it feels to be homesick I haven't been to my home, in several decades." She looked at the woman, it may have seem that her dark mood had lifted a bit, though she could never be sure. She still nibbled on her meat softly, as she studied this woman. The question caught her off guard most people knew who and what her kind were, most of them would have nothing to do with her. She laughed softly, not mockingly. "You have never heard of my kind before, this is a surprise to me most people in these parts know who we are. As for my name it is Cutra Rău Omen(Not definition) , Teamă , şi Umbră(Court of Bad Omens, Fear and Shadows). As for what I am. I'm a dark elf, and a crow demon.. Dark elfs are more commonly referred to as drow. Its a pleasure to meet you? I'm sorry you never introduced yourself? May I ask your name?" She extended her hand out to her. A small smile light up her face. She seemed to be very interested in her.. though this didn't bother her, it gave some one for her to temporarily bring leave from her own loneliness. She wasn't about to complain.
Edited by CutradeArgos, Nov 14 2010, 06:05 PM.

Star
No Avatar
Ghoul

Star gave a small nod managing a faint smile, atleast she wasn't the only homesick person in the world.
"It has been a few decades since I last saw my home."
She said crossing her legs under her in the Arab fashion resting her hands on her knees as she inspected this strange new person she was quickly becoming fascinated with. The laugh startled her, it wasn't mocking, but it sounded like something unheard of after her gloomy mood, which was quickly dissapating as curiousity grew, she listened to the name, it seemed a mouthful to her, but the woman said it with ease and Star found she liked it, it was unusual, and smiled. However her cheeks colored faintly, she had forgotten her manners.
"My apologies, I seem to be forgetting my manners more and more often." She said this with an apologetic smile. "My name is Phoenix(title) Star Arima."
She said inclining her head in a slight bow but she saw the extended hand and blinked at it, she had seen this before and knew what to do, she extended her arm and took the womans hand in a firm but gentle grasp, but she still didn't understand what it meant really, it was an odd sort of gesture, to her.
"I am please to meet you, Cutra."

(Forgive bad spelling this computer doesn't have a spell check lol)

CutradeArgos
No Avatar

Cutra watched the person, and arched a brow. She then gave a light smile seeing the mood lifting. "I think that we all haven't seen home in a while." She looked off in the distance slightly. She then looked back over at Star. She laughed softly at the blush." I think that we all forget are manners sometimes. No dear the pleasure is all mine." She realesed her hand and moved over to the cliff, and looked out about the water.. For some odd reason it reminded her of the home that she didn't have anymore.. The fact that she was like the water in a way it just roamed around with out a care in the world kinda of like what she did.. but if that was truly then why would she have stopped for the person whom was named star.

She turned and looked back at her."Hey Star are you hungry by chance? If you are if theres a town around her.. we can.. go and get something to eat.. I can tell you more about my kind if you would like." She left it at this looking at her. She then turned away as the wind blew a few strands of her hair around.
Edited by CutradeArgos, Nov 14 2010, 05:47 PM.

Star
No Avatar
Ghoul

Star gave a small nod, how long had it been now? She was starting to lose count of the years, she supposed that was what came of getting old, she had to fight bad a derisive snort of laughter at that, she knew she wasn't old, not by the standards of her people, but by human standards....she was dead. She listened to Cutra speak and watched curiously as she stepped to the cliff and looked out over the ebbing and roaring water.

Star rose from her place and stretched, the invitation sounded good and she realized now that she was starting to get hungry.
"That sounds like a wonderful idea."

Frost_and_Keira
Member Avatar

Pitter pattering of rain drops sounded more as Renegade moved further and further to the cave’s cliff face entrance. Grumbling to himself the drow disliked the sun, but despised that the clouds that brought him peace from the sun’s rays dispersed the water that they tended to hold even more. While he had come from the dark and dank setting of the Underdark several years ago, he still did not like the idea of being completely drenched, at least he did not have a mop of a mane like many of his kind tended to keep. From a birds eye view flying past the mouth of the cave startling turquoise orbs radiated out from the shadows but only the very faint outline of a body could be seen and a short one at that.

Renegade was a male of any drow nature, driven by self betterment and gain. Though, within the surface world that he had lived in for the past three decades or so his height slightly bothered him but then again bolstered him as well. The nimbleness and agility he possessed had only helped to earn him a steady place in the sketchy town the land walkers called Tu’liroon, a place that he found refuge in even if it was just as precarious as its surrounding area. Of course, the fact that the strange creatures that also made the town their home range within his height helped the situation and he hadn’t had to deal with the superior demeanor that a female drow would try to inflict upon him either. No... things had been looking well for him and escaping to the coast where he had hit a jack pot of jewels that he could mine from his hidden cove had kept him well satisfied in one of Tu’liroon’s shacks. Not too mention by pawning the jewels off on the halflings they had left him be and food had been well, work hadn’t been that bad either since he fit in with their lot as a rogue and mercenary for hire... at a fair price no less.

A couple steps more and Renegade was being pelted in the face by the rain drops as the clouds above began to slightly grow and swirl it what would seem some sort of dissipation. He felt it odd of the weather today, but thought not much of it either since the coast of Darovia was just a odd as the rest. However, as Renegade shouldered his bag and put on the hood of his piwafwi (allowing the cloaks magical properties of invisibility to settle first) and began to slide out onto the precarious wall of the cliff, he picked up on the faint whispers in the wind of voices not far from where he would climb back onto solid land like he did so many times this year. Were they thieves that had caught on to his cache? Were they here to try and best the “Renegade” that had slightly become somewhat of a legend as he slipped in and out of the swamps like a ghost? If he had learned anything on the surface though, it was that this drow could not jump to conclusions and best investigate.

Beginning his climb, Renegade’s muscles rippled as he pulled himself up the cliff. Slipping once or twice as the grip on the rock crumbled down to the waves below, yet another reason Renegade despised the rain, it aided in erosion of the surface. ‘This land is such a brittle world.’ He thought to himself. Breathing slightly heavier than before, adjusted the clasp on his piwafwi. One of the best things he had obtained from the halflings had been the clasp that kept his piwafwi on his shoulders, the pendant aided the material from being corrupted by the UV rays from the sun and also protected him well. Twenty feet or so down the cliff Renegade slowly crawled up onto the cliff and glared lightly at the pair that came into vision that had disturbed him so on his ascent.

Thinking more to himself of what a peculiar pair they made, Renegade watched as the cloaked woman turned around and caught glimpse of her ebony skin. A snarl that he did not let escape his throat showed through his hidden expression. ‘Right, just what I need to deal with now in my somewhat perfect life. She doesn’t smell right either.’ He thought silently to himself as he scented the air, crouching down as he gave the two a wide birth and started heading with his back to the way that would lead to the Swamp Wastes. ‘Maybe the old bird would like some fresh meet, haha. Unless they fend for themselves well. Maybe confrontation would be rightfully in store, and what is this? They are hungry. Oh a perfect ploy to bring them to Tu’liroon. If they live, well then maybe talk will be in order.’ With a few slight steps back, Renegade shook the hood of his piwafwi down as the rain began to fall slightly harder and he then came into view for the female drow to see as what seemed like a foolish girl (yet not human and wiser than all may see) looked over the cliff. The ocean waves below began to churn more and crash against the cliff wall as Renegade’s turquoise orbs glared upon the two in silence.
Edited by Frost_and_Keira, Nov 18 2010, 05:18 PM.

CutradeArgos
No Avatar

Cutra smiled at star, and rolled her head back cracking her neck.. She wasn't uptight like most drow, due to the fact, that she wasn't raised in there society. She turned, to head back from in the direction of the town that she came from. Something felt off she felt like someone was watching her, watching them.. She reached down and pulled a dagger, up though she concealed it in her sleeve not sure if the creature or person, was friendly or not. She didn't like to fight all that much if she didn't need to. Her eyes then move and saw another drow like creature. She arched, a white brow at him, before she spoke. "Can I help you?" Her voice was clear and had no demanding intentions, though she knew that most male drow were looked down upon by drow females, though she wasn't anything like that. She moved forward toward him a bit.

He must have been brought up at least there. He didn't seem to please to see her. Though she wasn't very surprised of this fact. Though she waited in silence, with the man. Cutra could feel the tension in the air, between the two of them. By this time, the rain, had soaked most of her hair.. Though she didn't mind. She narrowed her eyes at him. Her other hand, she let relax, her long nails, let the water gracefully drip off of them. She just then watched, him, and waited.

Frost_and_Keira
Member Avatar

As the rain continued to shower the coast of Darovia Renegade glared on the pair before him, the dislike for the female drow clearly showing in his expression. His time on the surface had certainly exposed him to several strange things, such as an acceptance among unruly outcast lots such as he found within the swampy town of Tu’liroon. However, the pure hate he felt towards female drow would definitely not be something he would forget easily, two centuries of abuse from them were and would always be the cause of that. Though, as his visage continued to keep the two before him clear, shadows the growing storm were blanketing the land. The strange weather like always, once started, was going to get worst.

Silence still beheld the air between Renegade and the female drow after she had addressed him aside for the wind that was starting to pick up and carry the waves to crash more violently at the base of where the cliff met the Sea of Forgotten Memories. Renegade’s glare slowly grew into an agitated smirk as he remembered the tale that had been weaved in the inn of Tu’liroon on a night that nature wrecked havoc upon the land, of how the Sea of Forgotten Memories had gathered its name. Too could Renegade remember of the drow scouting party members that had been sent to take him back to the Underdark so that he may be sacrificed for his impetuousness and shame he had brought upon some of the houses within the city he used to call home. Shaking his head, water danced around him as if angry at him for disturbing the fall of raindrops from above. Renegade’s turquoise orbs then caught approaching shadows off in the distance and he snarled.

Turning his attention back to the pair before him he had entertained the thought of replacing the hood of his cloak and disappearing towards the direction that would bring him eventually back to his safeguard of Tu’liroon. Though, if the creatures that were heading their way were what he thought they were then none of them should be standing here out on the cliff. With a rough voice he jerked his head to the north (the direction the shadows were moving), “Hope you two feel like running, Werpleks are heading this way and they are definitely not fun play mates.” As Renegade had turned his head the darkened line that ran from behind his earlobe down to under the cover of his cloak was visible. “I would know.” Grinning for one of the rare times in his life he bowed, turned on his heel and was starting to jog slowly away.

Renegade figured to himself that starting at such a slow pace would urge the two to follow him south east to one of the gated coastal towns that was not far off. Surely, Durandeer was not one of his favorite towns, nor were the lanky serpents too fond of him, but relations were neutral and they had offered shelter to him in times like this before. People that were native or had lived along the coastal cliffs long enough were all to familiar with the Werpleks (creatures built similarly to horses, though five tails all with spikes of venom, muzzles that hyper-extend like that of a shark with rows of jagged teeth, and slate gray skin similar to that of a rhino or elephant) and their destructive stampedes. During one of Renegade’s stays within Durandeer he had heard another tale of how the Sea of Forgotten Memories had been dubbed its name, that tale was none to pleasant either, though intriguing nonetheless.

The surface world for this part of the land was so vast and held so many mysteries that his people had not even discovered yet. The land and nature was cruel here on the surface and Renegade thrived in it. Business was good for him playing the people of the land and hiring out to the other races that chose to explore Darovia. Again he shook his head out of thought as he came to a stop, looking back over his shoulder at the two. “You coming?! Werpleks travel fast and this cliff is no place to be when they get here.” He’d only jogged about eight feet in a matter of seconds, which was annoying since they had yet to respond and he was allowing his mind to trail off, he was needing sleep and his routine had been thrown off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Swamp Wastes · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of tzb / Outline
RolePlayGateway