Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
Future Concepts; there was an old thread but toben gave me permission to make a new thread so I guess I'll make a new thread?
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 07:50 AM (517 Views)
The Yugetnam War
Member Avatar
best officer on the force
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yo. Figured since the old one hasn't been posted in for three years that I'd make a new one. Basically, I've been sorta seeing concept talk around so I figured I'd post a thread here so that people can talk about their future mini characters, be it Program, TV, or Capital Punishment (if people are actually thinking about that or not). Maybe other people can talk about the concepts posted in the thread. That'd be cool to see.

But yeah, post your concepts here people, I wanna see them :)

(i'll post mine in a post that's not this post)
The Present (SC2 + PV3)
The Past
The Future

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably an athletic white guy who likes America.

I'm pretty sure I've never done that before.
~*~

Currently Showing

Previously on Namiravision

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
"Two plus two is four, minus one is three quick maths"
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
An athletic bearded white guy for me. Really cutting edge shit.
SOTF SCDos
Brandon Baxter is holding it all together. -- Keep it secret, keep it safe.
Kasumi White is writing her story. -- She could do this.

The Past

My Steam Stats

Aura
Member Avatar
The Fool
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A classic rock fan who works on cars.
SOTF-TV v2

SP1: Lukas Graves- Forming a team in United
VW2: Angie Hart- Having a bad time of it in Balls Deep

Past Minis
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Nights
Member Avatar
me_irl
[ *  *  *  * ]
Colonial mentality and innocent patriotism.
Active Games
Future Concepts (Mini)
The Days

Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
CapPun is not a mini, it's a seperate thing, isn't it?

Anyways, I have too many concepts.

Primrosette
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
A perky goth who loves cat plushies.
SC2

Simon Leroy (Thanks to Kami!) - Deceased

Scarlett McAfee

backslash
Member Avatar
A Degenerate
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
more goths pastel goths
Characters

The Yugetnam War
Member Avatar
best officer on the force
[ *  *  *  * ]
hey who wants to see me ruin the current tone of the thread by showing that I think about sotf too much?

nobody?

WELL WHATEVER, DOIN' IT ANYWAY

Michelle White: Awkward, nerdy girl with ambitions for the top. As the eldest of two in an upper middle class household, Michelle grew up surrounded with books, fuelling a love for reading and a dream of someday becoming a famous writer. She attempts to achieve this dream through writing things for the internet and by being the star reporter for the school newspaper. She is also interested in advocating for change in her country, being fairly neutral about America itself but having issues with the racism, as one of her lifelong friends is black and has suffered from that discrimination. Personality wise, she is as above mentioned awkward and nerdy, with a lack of interaction in her early school years giving her issues with quick processing and with starting conversations, and despite being an extrovert she is mostly an indoor person, being obsessed with YA fiction of all kinds (good or bad) and with TV, in particular certain Reality TV shows (such as Big Brother or anything Gordon Ramsey) and Marvel films. Despite this, she is a fairly loyal and talkative friend and is on good terms with most people on campus. Possibly bisexual, is 95% straight but has had the one girl-crush. In class she is probably near the top, and is a frequent contributor to class discussions. Hobbies also include the flute (is in school band) singing (sometimes singing what she's thinking when she's alone) and running (being on the track and field team).

Primrose "Rose" Hawthorne: Very easily stressed young woman who takes out her issues on anyone unlucky enough to be around her. Born as the youngest in a family of six, Rose was frequently the one who drew the short stick in terms of their position in the house, being pushed around by the other siblings and being told to do the work they had and in some cases used and bullied by them. This escalated into something worse when she was 10, when her father was killed fighting for her country and her mother entering a severe depressive state, putting the now adult siblings in charge of the house. Soon after she became the only person in the house not to graduate from school, she started feeling pressure to do well, wanting to put herself on the same level of her siblings when it comes to academic success. This has resulted in a lot of issues for her, involving her stressing out quickly, the attainment of anger issues, and a desire to be loved and accepted. The last of which has resulted in her throwing herself into social situations at school, making herself a part of the popular group and using slight image control in order to keep her position up there. Her issues have also resulted in her becoming crueller to people she deems as beneath her, this including her adoptive younger sister Lisa, who was given into her care due to a similar situation happening in her previous home. Has a very serious personality, not really caring about the small things and instead thinking of more grandoise/important things, and also goes on too many dates (being unable to make them stay). Other hobbies include sewing, fashion, and playing the piano.

Verity Stewart: Drawn back, nerdy girl with a lot of insecurities under the surface. Born into a middle class household, Verity had a fairly okay and fun childhood (albeit, one that gave her anger issues whenever things didn't go her way), Verity did not stick the transformation into a teenager well, becoming socially paranoid to the people around her and being bullied because of her anxiousness, issues with speaking, and lower position on the social totem pole. In addition to this, has issues with her parents, with their relationship decaying and becoming more strained as she became a teenager and as they began to crack down on what she's doing. Is unsatisfied with the direction that her life is taking her, and desires personal freedom above all else, wanting to do whatever she wants whenever she wants without anything to tie her down and picking up rollerblading as a hobby in order to at least partially achieve this. Mostly sticks to having a few friends that she's incredibly close with, although is part of the group of nerds at her school due to her being a gamer/manga reader - although wishes to get out of here, due to severe personal distaste to some of the people in this group - and is on okay terms with most of the people in her grade, not really hanging out with them but being able to work with them if she has to. Other hobbies include watching certain TV shows, the Internet, playing the piano, playing the violin, listening to music, writing, SotF, and reading.
The Present (SC2 + PV3)
The Past
The Future

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
"Two plus two is four, minus one is three quick maths"
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Right now I'm planning premade players with big muscles that hate everyone at their school.

Oh, and a gay asian dude with Aloha.
SOTF SCDos
Brandon Baxter is holding it all together. -- Keep it secret, keep it safe.
Kasumi White is writing her story. -- She could do this.

The Past

My Steam Stats

Kermit
Member Avatar
I have no idea what I'm doing
[ *  * ]
NAFT

Oh, and a gay asian dude with Aloha.

Gaysians FTW

oh also i have concepts i guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PV3:

Karla Bendixen is a transplant from Greenland who is friendos with Aloha's person from Greenland. Probably acts a bit racist (though she doesn't believe what she's saying) and is eager to prove that people from American foreign territories can be valuable citizens of Programerica.

Katie Redfield is a cheerleader-person, I guess. She's a good person at heart, but she can be really patronizing occasionally. She's waaaaaaay less fleshed out than Karla right now.

Huh, I just realized both my PV3 concepts are girls whose five-letter names start with "Ka". Whooooooooooops?

SC2!

PV3!?

Posted Image

SC3: The Meme Team

Aloha
Member Avatar
honey nut feelios
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wanna joke around w/ everyone else but I'll never pass up the opportunity to babble about my own characters. Amount of development corresponds with how far away their versions are.

PV3
Betsy R. Jorgensen - Betsy was the first person in her family to be born in the US, and she's always happy to remind others of the fact. Feels pressured to be patriotic, due to her family's immigrant status (with her parents and siblings from Greenland) and the perceived shame her rebellious brother brought upon them. Acts bold and confident, but a complete doormat to figures of authority. Also a gymnast.

Arden Gao - The AG to Naft's kid's SW. Family's been in the US for generations but is discriminated against solely for looking Asian. Rebels cautiously. Enjoys studying history and Latin, and also writing poetry.

TV3

Bryce Martinek - Son of a fairly wealthy family, expected to take over the family business once he graduates. Doesn't feel too pressured to secure his own future a result, and spends most of his time dicking around at school. Baseball star.

Dominique Flores - Aspiring singer, started an acapella group at her school (which is looking for members, by the way ;3c) and hopes to go viral w/ them.

CapPun

Dream Daddy got arrested for pirating movies.

Some Lady got arrested for arson.
Characters

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Cicada Nights
Member Avatar
me_irl
[ *  *  *  * ]
my TV3 concepts, my ideas continue to get worse by the version, and pop music throwbacks
Active Games
Future Concepts (Mini)
The Days

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just so I have a place to put these:

TV3:

Dale Hawthorne: Dale has spent his entire young life in the shadow of his older siblings and workaholic parents. His way to curb that was to emulate the actors he saw on TV and in movies. Since he was young, Dale has wanted to be an actor and break out into the business. He's taken classes, put on shows in his living room, and worked as hard as possible to get into drama club roles of all kinds. This has led him to get numerous roles and develop some decent acting and performing skills, including singing and dancing. However, he's also prone to stress and gets somewhat internally critical if he doesn't feel this is working in his favor. This has resulted in him picking up smoking early and sneaking drinks from his family's liquor cabinet when he thinks no one is around. His goal after high school is to pack up and move to Hollywood, deciding he's had enough of his home and schooling.

Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Shoshanna has always been a critical and analytical person, and while this has alienated her from a lot of people due to her bluntness and snarky nature, it has allowed her to develop a confident and natural voice. This has led to her picking up a lot of interests in social activities like debate. She also came to realize how much she liked criticism and decided to make a career out of that. When she started high school, Shoshanna started a blog where she began to review film, television, and other forms of media she came across, injecting her personal brand of wit, humor, and criticism into each review. She soon realized the reviews that got the most reads were SOTF-related, so she began to do major series and articles about the series, which has drawn a lot of her traffic. She's even tried to submit SOTF-related criticism to major news sites and publishers in hopes of starting a career as a notable commentator of the series. As a result, Shoshanna hopes to go into communications and start a career as a commentator, author, and critic of SOTF and popular media.
Mini Art

Former characters

FrozenSmoke
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to stick to just playing one character for now, but I am slowly building up a second character concept so I might as well try and write words about them.

Parker Green: A short, well-adjusted kid, with a good head for numbers but fairly little else in school. An only child who's parents gave a lot of breathing room, but try their best to motivate him to do well. Probably from a middle-class background (?). He has a lot of love for games and game theory, and plays a lot of poker online in his spare time. Thinking about him having a bit of a gambling problem, but not one that defines him. Definitely the kind of person who would get upset if you did something "incorrectly" and won anyway. This likely puts him in the "Nerdy but not socially inept" social strata, which he's happy with. Hopefully I can use pregame/bio to flesh him out a bit more, as right now he feels somewhat flat in my head. the main thing I want to play with here (and the reason I want to use him in TV, which has notably more complexity in win conditions) is that it gives me the chance to play around with some Game Theory stuff IC, whilst remaining someone who's emotionally invested and sometimes knowingly makes bad decisions because of that.
Edited by FrozenSmoke, Mar 26 2018, 04:04 PM.
SOTF-TV 1

PV3 (UK Edition)

-------------

Constructive Critism is always welcome! - I'm returning from a VERY long hiatus

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.