Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Fashion Flare; Open
Topic Started: Feb 21 2017, 11:22 PM (424 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Clio Gabriella begins (again)))

"Are you for real?" Staring down at the rack of clothing, her hair was in her face which made it hard to gauge her expression, but the tone of her voice indicated that despite her words, Clio was less 'angry' and more 'pleasantly surprised'.

Shaking her violet-streaked hair out of her face, Clio picked up a small, cute lavender tee, which on closer inspection was both her size and consisted of a pleasantly soft cotton, perfect if she wanted to put a little personal touch on it. Clio grinned. Not only was this a great find at a thrift store on any day, but it was tagged with the small pink slips identifying it as half-off in price. Score!

Downside of carrying a basket around full of great purchases, though? Clio needed her right hand to look at stuff, but her left hand was already aching from holding the basket. With a groan, Clio dropped the tee into her little plastic shopping pail thing, and adjusted her hold so that the pail was held by the crook of her left elbow. Better.

Massaging her sore thumb (haha), Clio kept walking down the isle, carefully examining each item on the rack before dismissing it and going on. Too gaudy, too small, too big, was an ugly green, that one was a towel...what? She paused. No, wait, it was just a shawl with a weird pattern. Still, no.

Clio continued onward.
TV2: Died, Didn't Do

SC2: Attempt Number Deux
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Yasmin Carrol: Restart))

Shopping wasn't something Yaz would say she enjoyed. It could be relaxing sometimes if she was looking for a CD or a book but that was because those shops were almost always empty. Clothes shopping meant she would have to deal with crowds.That was why she always kept her headphones on and her head down. The plan tended to be, get in, get the clothes, get out. Like a bank robbery but instead of evading the police Yaz was trying to evade awkward social encounters and people in general.

Not that there was a problem with people. It was just a whole mass of them, crowding around her, bumping and pushing her. Yeah, Yaz could do without that. Other things involving people Yaz could do without, people she didn't know trying to talk to her. That was why she had the headphones, no one tried to speak to you if you had headphones on over your ears. Unless they were extremely persistent or didn't understand social cues. Then they would still try, and that was where the third layer of protection came in. Ignoring said person like her life depended on it. That always worked.

So she continued to look at t-shirts, hoping she could at least find something good to make the trip not pointless.
PV2.5
Dakota Hightower - - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
G19: Kris - - - - - - - Myopia

SOTF-TV2
SOTF: The Program V2
Virtua-SOTF
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
As Clio searched, she couldn't help but encounter of all things, a tiny classmate! Though not the pinnacle of height herself (though she was a bit above average for a girl of her age in America), even she had to admit that Yaz was short as anyone Clio had met.

Oh, yeah, she was Yaz or something. Quiet kid, not much of a talker at all really. She'd heard her talking about music before, but Clio doubted they were into the same kinds. Oh well, now was a fine time to find out!

"Hey, Yaz!" Clio said chirpily, sliding down the aisle to look over the racks at the other girl. It was hard to see her over the rack, but Clio stood on her tiptoes and made do. "How's it going?"

Oh, hmm. Headphones were a pain. Clio's first instinct was to pluck it from Yaz's ear to make sure the slight girl was aware of her attempt to converse, but that'd be awfully rude. So she did nothing.

Bikriki
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
[[Amanda White, ONCE AGAIN with more ELAN this time]]

Oh no, schoolmates.

Worse now, one of them was Clio - and Clio was chatty. Not that Amanda minded chatty people, but sometimes yeah she did. Like right in that moment, where she simply wanted to shop a bit around. Looking for some neat new tee or a fancy pair of denim, an activity Amanda preferred to do alone. In contrast to what most girls did, she guessed. It was just such a serious matter, to really find what seemed nice. If Amanda were to talk with people all the time she really couldn't concentrate on choosing the right black tank top to add to her collection of tank tops.

She looked over to Clio and Yaz. Seemed as if the latter got the luck. Amanda half-expected Clio to yank Yaz' headphones off. Props for Clio for not doing that, she guessed.

Amanda continued to rifle through the textiles in front of her, but her head was fixated on the pair nearby.
Program v2
O F21: Amanda White DEAD (Hedge Clipper)
||Awakening|Cowardice|Reflection|Rising|Meeting|Return||

TV v2
Vincent Holway GIVEN AWAY (Bolo Knife) |>=<
Lisa Toner DEAD ||Ladies|Boys||

SCDos
Amanda White ALIVELaing - Zeig Deine Muskeln
||Fashion||
Vincent Holway DEAD
||Impressions|
Summary: Vincent's meat gets engulfed by a warm hole, finished by a warm fluid entering his throat, the woman in question is impressed for once

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yaz was honestly surprised that Clio didn't just pull her headphones off her head. She was still surprised when she turned away from the rack with her purchase and took a step to see the taller girl just standing there, looking at her. Granted every girl who was older than around thirteen could be described as taller than her but that wasn't the point. Blinking a few times Yaz leaned her upper body back, away from Clio and pulled her headphones down around her neck, leaving the sound of Billy Talent to disperse through the air.

"Ummm...hey?"

Add another thing to the list people did when you had headphones on. Stand there like a mannequin watching you shop. Not creepy at all.

"You weren't trying to talk to me where you?"

It was a genuine question. Yaz would have had no idea since her music was pretty loud. As she spoke, Yaz reached into her pocket and pulled her phone out, pausing the shuffle of her phone.

God this was awkward.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."

SOTF-TV2
Virtua-SOTF

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yaz's reaction was about what Clio should've expected. Whoops. The poor thing seemed a little frazzled by the sudden attention, and Clio felt a bit guilty for startling her.

"Sorry for interrupting, I was just saying hi. You don't mind, right?" Clio started walking around the aisle, still talking to the other girl. "I was wondering what you were listening to. What band is that?"

It sounded like some kind of punk music, which wasn't really Clio's bag, but music was music. You couldn't really judge someone for their music tastes.

Except country. That was kind of sketch.

Bikriki
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Well now, there was being socially blind of whatever it is called, and then there was Clio. 'I hope you don't mind me disturbing you because I need to know what Band you're listening too right now'

Jesus, that girl had no sense for tact. Amanda patted her pockets down, and her fingers took hold of her own ear plugs. Evidently, they wouldn't work when they were needed, but having them made Amanda feel more secure anyway.
Program v2

TV v2

SCDos
||Fashion||
Vincent Holway DEAD
||Impressions|
Summary: Vincent's meat gets engulfed by a warm hole, finished by a warm fluid entering his throat, the woman in question is impressed for once

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes she did mind.

"No it's cool."

Oh Clio was carrying on talking.

Luckily Clio made up for her mistake by asking Yaz what she had been listening too. Which was something she could actually talk about, namely music. It was also probably the only acceptable reason Clio could have had for deciding to talk to her. When Yaz looked at Clio she was immediately reminded of just how small she was. Clio was, if Yaz had to guess, around average height and she still towered over her. Yaz unconsciously adjusted her headband.

If she had to talk at least it was music.

"It's Billy Talent, they're a punk band from Canada."

Yaz decided to get that detail in before Clio asked 'Oh what's he like?', which always happened when she told people about Billy Talent.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2

SOTF-TV2
Virtua-SOTF

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Now that she was properly face-to-face with the girl she intended to converse with, Clio could actually engage in some serious musical discussion.

Billy Talent...seemed familiar. Apparently it was a group, as opposed to a single guy, which was confusing but not the worst band name she could think of.
"Oh, okay. I might've heard of them."

Clio thought for a moment. Picture the song from like, a second ago...Oh, she knew it! "Did they do River Below?" Success?

Bikriki
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Amanda just should've plugged them in, but she couldn't focus. Instead of listening to music, she now listened to talk about music. Not even really enthusiastic talk, more like one girl forcing a conversation on someone else. Still, now she got a bit curious, and continued to listen.
Program v2

TV v2

SCDos
||Fashion||
Vincent Holway DEAD
||Impressions|

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Clio actually knew who Billy Talent were, which did actually surprise Yaz. She had been expecting a blank stare.

"Uh...yeah, yeah they did River Below."

Yaz didn't really know what to do in the situation she found herself in. She knew what she was supposed to do and that was respond to Clio politely and engage her in a conversation. But Yaz hadn't wanted or planned to talk to anyone, she had just wanted to go shopping and get some clothes, not be dragged into a conversation. Still, she had to at least try, she had always been told that she needed to talk to people more. Unfortunately Yaz did not have many amazing experiences with people, especially girls, her own age growing up. Being small and then never really growing left her an easy target, one that the other girls had been eager to pick on. Middle school had been a lonely experience and Yaz knew she was still a long way from being over it.

Still, she had to at least try.

"They also did Red Flag, you've probably heard that before, it's their most famous song."
PV2.5

SOTF SC2

SOTF-TV2
Virtua-SOTF

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Hmm, Red Flag, wasn't that in a bunch of video games or something?"

Yaz seemed awfully nervous, and Clio wondered if she was intimidating. That seemed silly, given that Clio was only a few inches taller and never minded much larger guys at sparring, but then again, Yaz was a bit wallflowery, so maybe that was it?

"Yeah, I think I know what-"

There was some other girl staring at them. Clio had only been semi-aware of that until just now, but it was increasingly apparent that she was watching them. Amanda, if Clio remembered, was one of those weird aloof kids who didn't talk to people. That was kind of creepy.

"Hey, do you mind?" Clio turned to look at the observer, raising an eyebrow.

Oh boy. Picking a fight again?

Shush. She's being rude to us. We're just talking.

If you say so.

Bikriki
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Amanda ducked and vanished under the clothing racks. If one were to listen most carefully, they could've heard a faint "Noooooo..." carrying itself through the air.

[[Amanda White, continued elsewhere]]
Program v2

TV v2

SCDos
||Fashion||
Vincent Holway DEAD
||Impressions|

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Umm...yeah I thi-"

Yaz was cut off by Clio turning to yell at another girl in the store...who ran away under the racks of...clothes.

What was going on?

All Yaz had wanted to do was go shopping for a couple of new items for her wardrobe and apparently by walking through the doors of the store she had entered some weird alternate universe as if the unwanted conversation wasn't bad enough. Yaz just decided to roll with it until the conversation eventually died off it wasn't like anything bad could happen from talking to someone, that was what she kept telling herself.

She was able to think about everything she wanted to say perfectly fine but as soon as it came to actually vocalizing her thoughts to the person in question her brain panicked and fumbled over everything or decided to change what she was saying.

"That was weird." Yaz said as she adjusted her headband.

"Who even was that?"

PV2.5

SOTF SC2

SOTF-TV2
Virtua-SOTF

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well. That was a thing.

Clio scratched her head. She wasn't sure what to make of the sudden disappearance of the girl. Perhaps she'd been a little more...aggressive than necessary, but yeesh, she didn't think Amanda would just run away and hide.

Who did that?

"Uh, Amanda...White? I think. I dunno what her deal is, though." She looked back over at Yaz.

"What were we talking about again?" Clio's eyes glanced back at Amanda's previous location. Was she...hiding in the clothing rack, or had she exited the other side? Clio kind of wanted to check, but that would just raise further questions and be weird of her.

'Cause you're never weird or eccentric.

Not the time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Parkway Shopping Plaza · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.