Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
HUG ME A SECOND TIME
Topic Started: Feb 8 2017, 11:37 PM (496 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
otp (art by Kotorikun)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Second Chances means Second Friendships! Or something like that.

Quote:

Jay Harland

Jay's back and dickier than ever. A scrappy little bastard with a bad temper and badass ball handling, Jay needs friends, foes, and maybe a love interest or two (only guys need enquire but he's in the closet so be prepared for that). I'm casting the net wide here, but if your character could plausibly see past his short fuse to his sense of humour and interest in spooky stuff, then do give a line because he'll be all by his lonesome otherwise.

For most people I just expect you're going to tell me your kid would find this guy insufferable though, which is fine. Also, if your kid is a party animal or one of the status-focused types, then there's every chance they've been to one of his house parties which totally just exist to (unsuccessfully, usually) make him more popular. He's also really into soccer, so soccer players should say something in here.

Program VAM3RICA
Posted Image Eleanor 'Nellie' Fitzpatrick' - DECEASED - 1 - 2 - 3

Second Second Chances
Posted Image B09: Jay Harland - DECEASED - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Homeless Bearde
Member Avatar
"Two plus two is four, minus one is three quick maths"
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Both of our kids play a version of football. Konflict?
SOTF SCDos
Brandon Baxter is holding it all together. -- Keep it secret, keep it safe.
Kasumi White is writing her story. -- She could do this.

The Past

My Steam Stats

Slam
Member Avatar
otp (art by Kotorikun)
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm intrigued by this because the two have fairly similar personalities and interests in broad strokes (distant parent relationships, anger problems, interest in reading about a specific topic) but the anger and different sports could plausibly drive a wedge. There is indeed Konflict, but perhaps there should be something deeper going on here?
Program VAM3RICA

Second Second Chances

The Homeless Bearde
Member Avatar
"Two plus two is four, minus one is three quick maths"
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I could see it going one of two ways, honestly.

Either they project onto each other a bunch and like, see the worst in each other (and so the worst in themselves), or they actually get along pretty decently despite what may feel like a nuclear apocalypse in the making of personalities.
SOTF SCDos
Brandon Baxter is holding it all together. -- Keep it secret, keep it safe.
Kasumi White is writing her story. -- She could do this.

The Past

My Steam Stats

backslash
Member Avatar
A Degenerate
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey I remembered that Sebastien is actually bi now so he might want a piece of that because he makes bad relationship decisions. Otherwise I can see them clashing.
Characters

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Clio might know of Jay from parties, but they wouldn't be super friendly. She's pretty thin-skinned so he might get on her nerves.
TV2: Died, Didn't Do

SC2: Attempt Number Deux

Slam
Member Avatar
otp (art by Kotorikun)
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Naft - let's discuss it further over coffee. I think Jay could use at least one actual friend, though.

@backslash - we've already discussed this over coffee and I think we should give it a shot, if you're still game.

@Espi - Jay is happy to get on Clio's nerves; bitchy mood-swingers aren't cool.
Program VAM3RICA

Second Second Chances

Somersault
Member Avatar
me @ life
[ *  *  * ]
Natali's a super p calm person, so maybe she can be a confidant or like a friendly acquaintance to Jay? Ramona is super social, so she's probs been to one or two of Jay's parties.
Characters

Cicada Nights
Member Avatar
me_irl
[ *  *  * ]
we gotta collab on island and nearly get shot by one of yugi's characters again, btw

So I come to offer Paris to Jay. Paris could have met Jay by going to his house parties, and be casual acquaintances via that essentially... Actually, yeah, that's pretty much it. Only specific thing I can think of is maybe that if Paris ever heard that Jay wants to travel to explore soccer in other countries Paris might extend an invitation for Jay to join him in touring Europe over the summer along with some other rich assholes, etc.
Active Games
Future Concepts (Mini)
The Days

Slam
Member Avatar
otp (art by Kotorikun)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Holy crackers there's an update for Lucy in the first post! You guys should go check that out.

@Somersault - I'm not sure Jay needs a confidant with my current view of how he's going to go, ta. Ramona at his social parties sounds groovy, though~

@Cicada - Paris and Jay can totally be casual acquaintances. Jay is not rich though, so he may feel embarassed by not being able to take up such an offer (translation he'll get pissed at Paris).
Program VAM3RICA

Second Second Chances

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Restless and Reeling
[ *  * ]
I feel pretty certain that Kitty doesn't like Jay all that much. More than likely, she just thinks he's an annoyance, and hasn't made any attempt to know him.

Don't think she'd like Lucy either, but she might just have a little bit more sympathy for her.
Guh

The Program V3 Prologue: Welcome to the Dragon's Den.

Posted Image - Cybil Price: "I suppose that this was fated to happen this way." Anouncement Day, Arena-1

Second Chances 2: I was going to type Electric Boogaloo but Google autocorrected Boogaloo to Galoot.

Posted Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "Haha, aha, aw jeez..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6,
Island-7

Slam
Member Avatar
otp (art by Kotorikun)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kitty sounds like kind of a dick.

Jay: "Who? That weird chick? Yeah, maybe like three hours into a party."

Lucy: "I don't know her that well, but I bet if I did, I'd tell you how I wouldn't mind trying to bring her out of her shell, like I did with myself."

Sums up my thoughts~
Program VAM3RICA

Second Second Chances

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Oooooh. Damion's on the soccer team too, and he typically gets on well with his teammates, so I feel he'd at least try to keep things civil. But, I feel maybe they could've clashed outside of soccer, in class, since Jay coasts by and stuff, and Damion has high standards inside or outside class. Like, the main thing I'm seeing is that they both get angry easily (although Damion's trying to keep his cool), so yeah. Although if they ever did clash, Damion would calm down immediately and try to apologize, but I'm not sure about how receptive Jay would be to that.

Johnny, on the other hand, would be more sympathetic to Jay, I feel? Like, even though they're interested in different genres, they both write, so they could bond over that. And, Johnny's pretty defensive of his friends. He'd also see Jay's personality as like a defense mechanism, so he wouldn't be as bothered by that as most people are. So, I feel they could be pretty good friends!
Second Chances 2 Characters:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He is currently finding out the bad news in Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep.
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words

Dead:
B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight

SOTF TV2

Chat sig since my main chat sig is full

ItzToxie
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
I think it would be possible for Michael and Jay to either be good friends, or horrible enemies. With their personalities, it could go either way. While Michael's not necessarily into the occult exactly, he does have an interest in most things related into horror. If they were friends, chances are Michael would be willing to jump in if Jay needed help. Depending on the type of humor Jay has, Michael would be interested in that as well. If they were enemies, then it probably would've been common for Michael to mess with Jay to intentionally piss him off.
Edited by ItzToxie, Jul 25 2017, 04:30 AM.

Slam
Member Avatar
otp (art by Kotorikun)
[ *  *  *  * ]
I totally agree. Michael and Jay have a lot in common, but it's hard to say what would prompt the two to interact in the first place, if at all, which would probably colour the rest of the relationship. Let's have a further chat about it over Discord~
Program VAM3RICA

Second Second Chances

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · SC2 Planning/Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.