Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Unholy TV2 dating sim thread.; There is no god.
Topic Started: Feb 7 2017, 12:30 PM (774 Views)
Serpico
Member Avatar
It's your boy.
[ *  *  * ]
It’s time for the TV2 dating sim thread

Disclaimer: This may or may not even be a thing.

So MW reminded me that this was a thing, and it was a thing I 100% intended to do at least a tiny bit with at least the joke path fully playable. It’s lying around somewhere on my now defunct computer, but it’s cool because I didn’t get past the coding and it was on Ren’py which uses python scripting anyway. I'm now switching to tyranobuilder because it’s largely drag and click for a simple VN game.

Hm?

“Holy balls, are we actually getting this? because I’m 100% stoked.” you say?

Well, it depends on who signs up for the project. I’m willing to do one or two routes but I’m probably going to invest my effort in what I do pretty well, which is the art assets and UI. Ideally I’d like some writers to join the project because that way it’s less of a massive undertaking. Otherwise it will most likely include one singular chapter and one ending (which is joek ending).

Setting wise it’s either in the actual TV game setting, where you’ll presumably have to survive with your person of choice with some sort of handwave to allow you both to survive or something. Or it’s in a school setting, where the schools have been merged also murder is involved, maybe. Depends on what most people prefer really. It should go without mentioning that the romantic sections will stay pretty PG while we stay very faithful to the violent aspects of the game.

Tonally, it doesn’t have to be super accurate and possibly it reads like unrepentant fanwork or those really cheesy dating sims that you find on mobile - think of a VN that isn’t self aware enough to realise it’s cheesy as hell. There’s one joke ending that could maybe be completed in a few minutes, depending on how fast you read. Please don’t do the joke ending unless you want to die alone with the baconnaise jar..

So what is planned?

An ending with some of the winners/finalists, provided their handlers give the permission to use them for this goofy and sinful project. A few endings with characters who did not make endgame but would have been important in character (fan favourites more or less). Ideally there will be four female characters, and four male characters. We won't decide the cast of the main date-ables until people sign up characters for use, but I'll also try squishing in a fair amount of cameos or maybe even antagonists out of the ones not selected.

The gender/appearance of the player character is not ever described in the game at all so the audience can project whatever the hell they want.

General paths more or less

• Several agonizing deaths for you [Bad End]
  • Several agonizing deaths for your love interests.
  • Did I mention death?
  • 4 Male love interests.
  • 4 Female love interests.
  • 1 Joke ending.

• A small team of scenario writers, I'm hoping that people will be handling one to two characters at most. Just comment below.
  • Maybe one person to help with the Javascript if things get technical, but I don't think we'll need it.
  • Your express permission as a handler to let us make this awful terrible parody, and your blessings as we potentially butcher your character in more ways than one. Of course, the scripts would be run by the handler more or less.

Party Members (writing team)

• MW
  • Elena
  • Ciel
  • Naft
  • Yugi

Announced Wifus and husbandos.

Male

Female

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
I'll turn Super Saiyan and save Vale... but first, let me take a selfie.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is me confirming that, should you decide to use any of them, all three of my TV kids (Sidney, Bella, and Nina) I'm cool with you using for this. : D

This is cool! I can't wait to see the final product.
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed in a Mini

Quote:

Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Asa and Taylor are fair game for your use.

I can also do scenario writing for these two if needed.
Edited by Laurels, Feb 9 2017, 01:02 AM.
Mini Art

Former characters

Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
Eldritch Consumer, Requiem Agent
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ana doesn't mind being butchered.
Mini Characters

There was once a dumb psuedo-news line here. Now there's this pretentious nonsense. YOU1 DID THIS, YOU1 KNOW WHO YOU1 ARE!

1. Yeah you, you nefarious ne'er-do-well you.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am so in!

Volunteering as for any writing needed. Also volunteering Jewel for this project!

You can also have Austin if you want him, though I'm not precisely sure why you would.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

delayedMirth
Member Avatar
liar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anzu and Erik are both fair game, and I'm not sure if I can commit yet, but I'll tentatively express interest for writing some shit.
we have built cities and dug graveyards on oh so many worlds

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sarah is up for use (and so is Isaiah but let's be real)
PV2.5
Dakota Hightower - - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
G19: Kris - - - - - - - Myopia

SOTF-TV2
SOTF: The Program V2
Virtua-SOTF

Ciel
Member Avatar
I'VE GOT 20 G RIDIN' ON THIS
[ *  *  * ]
SERPICO YOU ARE A MAD GENIUS.

THIS IS ME STUFFING MY CHARACTER INTO YOUR ARM LIKE A CURLED-UP CAT.

TAKE PAIS SERPICO.

Edit: Now that that's out of the way, I'm totally available to be a scenario writer. I'm also currently learning Javascript so I can help with that if need be.
Edited by Ciel, Feb 7 2017, 10:16 PM.
TV-2
BB4 - Paisley Hopkins - 100% - Broom Pole - START END

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Cathryn and Damion are available for this thing too.
Second Chances 2 Characters:
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight

SOTF TV2

Chat sig since my main chat sig is full

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
"Two plus two is four, minus one is three quick maths"
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anybody I write is available for anything.

I'd also love to be a scenario writer.
SOTF SCDos
Brandon Baxter is holding it all together. -- Keep it secret, keep it safe.
Kasumi White is writing her story. -- She could do this.

The Past

My Steam Stats

The Yugetnam War
Member Avatar
best officer on the force
[ *  *  *  * ]
Michael is avaliable for use. I also display interest in being a scenario writer.
The Present (SC2 + PV3)
The Past
The Future

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

Ohm
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Zoe's available.

TwoThirty
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm also in! I recall this being a thing we talked about in like 2014. Man, perhaps the notes we had written down for the game are still available somewhere?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

General Goose
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm definitely up for letting Yagmur be in this! And can help with scenarios and stuff if you still need that.
SOTF-TV V2:
GH4: Yagmur Tekindor

THE PROGRAM:
Alexander Adam Tartaglia

SECOND CHANCES:
Alex Tartaglia V2

Serpico
Member Avatar
It's your boy.
[ *  *  * ]
RCee
Feb 12 2017, 02:02 PM
I'm also in! I recall this being a thing we talked about in like 2014. Man, perhaps the notes we had written down for the game are still available somewhere?
Some of the notes are still available, RC. But most of them were deleted and wiped with the great death of my computer.

@Gianni, I'll see about bringing you into the project a little later we're running a discord.

We have half the roster chosen, we're just working out the rest. Announcement to be made when the character portraits are drawn up!
TV2

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV2 Planning/Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.