Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Discordant; Open
Topic Started: Nov 4 2014, 03:27 AM (1,807 Views)
outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jackson King continued from You Remind Me ))

Losing the entirety of his group served as a brutal reminder to Jackson that he was not a leader, and even if was an individual, he spent his individual self sleepwalking through life, enjoying music, living indeterminately. Ana

AnArchY, remember

crazy as she was, still had given him a purpose. Purpose made imminent death less...well, imminent.

If Jackson learned anything else from wandering, it was that his costume was not well-suited to the environment. It was probably better than what he had been wearing, but not by much. When the chill really got to him, he got to what looked like some sort of sports complex. The mariachi ducked in to the lobby, looking to ward off the cold and trying to figure out just what he was going to do besides test himself against the elements.

There was a thinly padded bench against one of the walls, so Jackson took a seat where he could see the door. He kept his gun in his hand.

"To anyone watching me-" He stated, eyes closed as he leaned against the wall. "You might wanna just flip to somebody else."

TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
((Cathryn Bailey continues from Makeup))

The willpower that had been so abundant hours ago, when Cathryn had been freezing to death outside the spa, was long gone. The only thing that kept her walking, trying to find someone, was this fear of death, this need to live, and this part of her, this part that controlled her, that said she needed to do this, needed to repeat Nina.

Honestly, she wished that part of her would shut up.

She'd switched one routine out for another, and hours after leaving Nina behind, she still couldn't tell which was better. She was on top for now, sure, but none of the strength or toughness that she'd been awaiting came to her. But maybe it'd come with time, after a few more deaths. But honestly, those few more deaths were an eternity right now.

Oh well.

The taste of bile still in her mouth, she entered the sports complex and found herself in some tennis court. The stars were still out, and they'd probably be the only source of light until sunrise, which would be in a few hours, she guessed. But it'd been night for much longer now, so her eyes didn't need to take as long to adjust. And once they did, she gasped a bit at the sight in front of her.

She'd expected nothing but gore on this island the second she woke up, and those expectations were only being met more and more as the contestants died, one by one. Were they past the halfway point by now? Seemed like it. Corpses just littered the resort by now.

So, to see some kid sleeping while sitting upright, decked out in a full mariachi costume was more unexpected than anything else the island had to offer. She snickered a bit, but stopped. No, not sleeping, his back was too stiff for him to be sleeping. Just his eyes closed.

And a gun in his hand.

No matter what, when she walked out this building, that gun would be in her hand. She'd make sure of it.

So, despite all her objections, she started the next step.

"Hey."
Second Chances 2 Characters:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He is currently finding out the bad news in Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep.
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words

Dead:
B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight

SOTF TV2

Chat sig since my main chat sig is full

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jackson didn't raise the gun, but his hand did tighten around the grip. He looked to where the greeting had come from, jerking his head back to clear some of the brim of his hat away from his vision. A girl he didn't recognize was standing there. He guessed she was from the other school.

"Evening." He didn't know what time it was. Didn't really care. Wouldn't stop him from remaining civil. Even after what he had seen.

"You looking for a place to rest?" He asked. There was plenty of room on the bench, and he patted some of the empty padding with his free hand.

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
"Yeah."

Really, despite her legs aching and moaning, Cathryn still wanted to walk a bit more in the snow. The cold cleared her head, recovered thoughts, idea from this fog. But, that wasn't part of the plan.

"I guess I'm a bit tired."

She entered the building, her footsteps echoing. The building and its walls didn't do much to insulate the interior, the air still as frigid as it was outside. But, no matter. The sun would come soon, once this snow let up.

She sat down next to the boy, and while her shoulders relaxed, and the tension went out of her body, inside, she was still knotted up. Inches. Just one lunge, and she could get that gun. But no, too risky. She needed to go for the long con, like with Nina.

And for a second, she frowned. But then her lips went straight again.

"Name?"

She paused for a few seconds. She knew what to do, especially since she didn't know him. Just needed some composure.

"Sorry, my manners. I'm Cathryn. You are?"
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He is currently finding out the bad news in Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep.
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words

Dead:
B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]

SOTF TV2

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
For a beat Jackson wondered if the girl had forgotten her name. She certainly seemed to have some shit on her mind. He could forgive that. The circumstances begged more than a few thoughts.

"Jackson." He said leaning forward, propping himself with one elbow on each knee. "Or El Mariachi Guapo. Or something."

He sighed, letting the gun drop between his knees with the muzzle pointed at the floor.

"You must be from the other school, huh?"

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
"Yeah."

Cathryn looked at Jackson, gave him a little smirk.

"You know, I'm tempted to call you the latter, but it's a bit too unwieldy. Maybe just Guapo. Don't know what that means, never took Spanish, but it sounds good to me."

She looked to the left, her hands curled, about to fiddle with her pink flamingo when it failed to meet her hands. Confused, she looked down and saw nothing was there. No way it could fit in her pack. Her heartbeat quickened for a bit, but then stopped. The announcements would reveal everything in a couple hours anyways, so no need to worry about leaving evidence.

This is also made it imperative to get this done quick. But, as said before, there were a few hours left until the sky turned pink and orange, and the collars blared their obituaries. Patience, patience.

"I have to ask. What's it like at Davison? I've met people from there plenty of times, and I've tried asking before, but..."

She bit her tongue, looked to her left, to nothing in particular.

"They didn't get to answer. So, how's it like there in Albuquerque?"

Dead:

SOTF TV2

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
Ratchet Consort of Hastur, they/them pronouns pls!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Vahka Basayev Continued Domina Sanginus))

It'd taken longer than he expected to patch up the hole in his face. Ever since crazy chick had bounced, he was moving slower. Shuffling along. He could lie to himself and say that he was conserving energy. Building up, just waiting for the perfect time to strike. Lying was getting tiring, though. All the effort, all acting and insanity, it wore him out.

It was more than physical exhaustion, though. It was the toll of the act. The burden of what he'd done. The fact that he'd taken in the role so readily and worn it like a second skin until it was starting to cling to him.

He'd brutalized Marcus. Not just beat him, or robbed him, but crippled him. All over a fucking bandanna. He didn't even have to think about it, at the time. That was the role. That was the game. It's what was expected of him.

Vahka did what was expected of him. He tore one of his best friends apart, because that's what the people wanted. He beat the shit out of near everybody he could get his hands on, because that's what the people wanted. He almost vaulted over and murdered Pia without a second thought, because that's what the people wanted.

Violence. Carnage. Betrayal. Tragedy. Mustache-twirling evil. Shit packed stadiums at home, and it packed screens here. That was the role he was expected to play, so he did, no questions asked.

He could hear them now. Two people, waiting inside, chatting away together. He could hear the crowd, too, roaring in his ears, watching his every move, waiting for him to burst inside and throw grenades, fire off rounds, shrug off knives and shrapnel and explosions until he was left standing victorious, with everyone else either running in terror or dead on the floor.

That was the role. No questions asked. He didn't object to it.

But Vahka Basayev was tired. Tired of the pain, and the blood, and the adrenaline. Tired of the mask. Just now, just for one scene, it could wait.

He slumped in the snow outside and let the zweihander fall beside him, with Pia's gun resting in his lap. For now, he'd wait, and listen, and pretend he wouldn't be picking them up again.
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I never knew what mariachi meant, but I had an aunt always called me guapo. Said it meant handsome." Jackson shrugged. "I wasn't about to just tell her no."

Was this it? Just a nice, normal conversation like nothing was going on?

Maybe not. The weight of the gun in Jackson's head was a constant reminder of how everything was. But still. For the moment. It was just nice to talk, not get shot at, not worry about someone losing their mind.

She asked him questions about his school, and he had to think. Jackson was on even terms with most people. Usually they knew him from entering the talent show that one year. But that didn't amount to him knowing much about the school. He could at least say something about the ABQ, though.

"It's warm." He offered. There was a moment of silence before he gave a sheepish half-smile.

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
"So, just like Oklahoma then, huh?"

Cathryn half-smiled, too, and it reminded her all the more why she needed that gun, because every second here was just pushing the knife in Jackson's back even deeper, and deeper, and by the time she pulled it out, the tip would probably be sticking out his chest. If she succeeded, next time wouldn't have to be so painful, so prolonged.

"I mean, except in winter, then it's like the North Pole."

She stuck her hands into her bare armpits and shivered a bit, partly an attempt to make a joke, partly a genuine attempt to keep warm. She let out a puff of air, saw the wisps of smoke expel from her.

"Like here."

She looked down again for a few seconds, tapping the floor a bit. There weren't enough words yet, but already, the conversation seemed to be drying thin.

"Oh, also, mariachi is that Mexican music, I think. You know, the one with the four guys wearing hats, and playing instruments, and singing. It's one of their stereotypes."

And with that, Cathryn hoped with all her heart Jackson had something left to say, something to push the conversation a bit more.

Dead:

SOTF TV2

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just talking. No threats. No moaning. No fear, far as he could tell. Just a real simple conversation between two strangers.

Imagine that.

Nobody'd really just...talked to him, since he got here. Always felt like there was something in the air. Somebody was pointing a gun, or hiding a knife, or throwing a grenade, or some other batshit. It was always something.

Well...not always.

Marcus had talked to him. Marcus had invited him in. Offered him some skittles. Chatted him up real personally.

So he smashed his hand in.

Maybe it was a good thing nobody else had tried to have a nice, simple conversation with him. Maybe he was right where he belonged, out in the cold, waiting for the violence to settle back in.
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Talking, about nothing. Idle chitchat. It was kind of...well, kind of nice. In the whirlwind of past events, Jackson was surprised relaxing it was. The only reminder was the gun in his hands.

Well, fuck that. It didn't matter if it was a dumb idea.

"Hold on." Jackson said. He sat up, unslinging his pack. He opened it, and gently placed the gun inside. With that done, he set it on the bench next to him, on the side furthest from his new conversation partner.

"Yeah, the whole band. I guess the costume fits, you know?" He ran his now free hands down the front of his jacket, smiling. "I played, before...well...before." He looked at his feet, gathering himself. "What I wouldn't give for a guitar right now. Just to play a little bit. It would make everything easier to swallow."

He looked up at Cathryn. "How 'bout you? Anything you wish you could have right now?"

If there was an internal conflict on the part of the girl sitting next to him, Jackson was wholly unaware of it.

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Cathryn swiveled her head to the side, and watched in horror as Jackson moved the gun away from her.

Fuck. Did Jackson know something? Was he guessing Cathryn's ploy? Why did he put it away?

Calm, stay calm. Don't show anything, just play along until you're sure that the jig is up. It's not sure yet, things are still calm. And it's still so close. She won't even have to grab it off him. She could just grab it, and if she runs fast enough, get out without a fight. But no, patience, patience.

She thankfully maintained her composure, the only sign being her eyes widening for an instant, but that could be attributed to... something.

The question registered to her a bit late, a few awkward seconds, so she looked up suddenly, at him, looking a bit startled.

"Oh! Sorry, was thinking about stuff. Uh... I guess a paper and pencil, or something. Or a computer with a drawing program or something. I liked drawing a lot. Digital drawings in particular, but I could make a pretty sunset with watercolors, or colored pencils if you wished."

And then something occurred to her. A wild card, one that most likely wouldn't work. But it wouldn't hurt trying. It was as innocent as anything else.

"Do you have anything for writing there? Or, rather, drawing?"

Dead:

SOTF TV2

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A couple of artists. One that he might now, actually. One of the voices sounded sorta familiar, but maybe that was just desire talking. The need to take whatever this was a little deeper and settle back into something like normal. It'd almost work, if he shut his eyes. They hadn't said anything out of place since he sat down. It'd be like he was listening in to a conversation at lunch, or in the waiting room at Ronnie's.

He couldn't have that, though. Just thinking about it was dangerous. Out of character. He wasn't supposed to rest. That wasn't the character they wanted to see.

So he didn't shut his eyes. Instead, he slipped a hand into his pocket and pulled out one of his sequestered grenades. His finger slipped into the pin just slightly as he shifted closer to the door.
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Writing?"

Jackson didn't carry around a pen even for his personal use, which was sometimes a bitch when he he paid for anything with a credit card. Then again, past the costume and the occasional bottle of water or bite to end, Jackson hadn't really dug through his pack. Maybe the producers had seen fit to throw him a pen for...whatever reason.

"Let's find out, huh?"

He reached out and picked up the bag, setting it on his lap so he could unzip it and rummage through the contents.

"If I find something," he said, smiling. "You owe me your firstborn." It didn't take him long after that for him to remember that likely neither of them would have a chance to have a kid. A grim set touched his features as he looked through the bag.

Maraoone
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Cathryn bit her lip, clenched the fabric of her shorts, did everything she could not to leap at Jackson, not to run off with the bag. It was so close. So. Close. But it was still in his hands. He could still hold on tight to the bag, keep it from her, and when that happened, it was game over. There was no way to tell who was stronger. No chances, no leaving it up to risk. She needed to get this.

And so she smiled at his joke, tried a small laugh, and attempted to hide all the anticipation, the anxiety. Just a few more seconds, one more move.

Dead:

SOTF TV2

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Pa’ani Sports Centre · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.