Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
A Matter of Taste
Topic Started: Jul 7 2014, 09:47 PM (744 Views)
Flare
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
((Colin Pigeon continued from Take That Money, Watch It Burn))

Colin was hoping that the passing of time, and especially a night's rest, would improve his mood.

It hadn't.

He had spent the remainder of the day on his own, staying out of everyone's way and trying to recollect his thoughts. Turned out that the isolation only perpetuated his feelings of abandonment, creating a sort of mental cycle that lasted unfortunately long. There was some mumbling to himself, the occasional kicking of a rock or building wall, but luckily by the morning it had quelled down into a quiet frustration. He figured the announcements might have had something to do with that.

Matthew, Gabriel, Sarah, Naomi, Erik, Riley, and Ramon were dead, along with a bunch of kids from the other school he didn't know. Seven people he knew, and they were gone. And none he really disliked, either.

Though, speaking of kids he disliked, Gene had killed someone. Pushed her down some stairs, apparently. He was awfully surprised that it wasn't followed up by Yagmur beating the kid's skull in, but maybe something had happened. He didn't know.

Jewel had killed more, which wasn't at all surprising considering how nuts she was. Colin was definitely happy they had a truce until endgame - though it was up to her to uphold it.

But then, the biggest blow - Lucia had killed again.

How could she? Why would she? Come on, there's gotta be a reason... seriously...

At this point, Colin was gathering his belongings among the little hiding spot he had found, and was soon trudging his way back into town, doing his best stealth work to avoid anyone else up for the announcements. After some walking, he managed to find an empty building - some sort of bus depot with a bunch of benches laid out inside. He sarcastically figured there weren't going to be any buses showing up any time soon, but the shelter was appreciated.

After briefly looking around the inside of the building to make sure no one else was there, Colin unceremoniously plopped his bag down on one of the benches, and soon followed by doing the same with himself. His arm hung lazily off the side as he stared up at the ceiling, letting out a loud sigh. Despite having just woken up, he was feeling tired.

Even if he WANTED to go out and look for other people, it was just too stressful. Too easy to be caught, too easy to be shot... wasn't worth it. It felt safer in the bus depot. He was bored, but he was alive.

With a groan, Colin slightly propped himself up, unzipping his bag to dig for a morning snack.
CURRENT CHARACTERS:
Colin Pigeon - HB4 - Fleshlight - ALIVE

23:57 Laurels 71 people died so Colin could have green hair
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. Freud
Member Avatar
"Feed my anger with children. Feed my lust with bikini food."
[ *  * ]
((Lily Ashburg continued from Strategy adhering to a classic by Tom Petty))

The first thing Lily saw when she emerged from the orchard was a bus station. It wasn't ideal, but they couldn't stay outside forever and this was the closest shelter. Lily walked towards it, checking periodically to make sure that Dougie was still with her. She knew it was silly, the building was so close, but she wasn't about to lose him like she'd lost Michael and Valerie. She'd made that mistake too many times.

She hesitated as she approached the door, readying herself for the possibility of armed killers on the other side. She glanced at Dougie's face, then feeling reassured, opened the door.

The interior was plain and relatively sparse, but was at least somewhat warmer than it was outside. As she entered the building, she saw a boy she didn't recognize sitting on one of the benches, digging through his bag.

"Hi," she began. "Um, I'm Lily, this is Dougie. We're not here to fight or anything, it was just cold outside, so...yeah. Um, what's your name?"
Lily

"Hero will never give up, never hide, never be defeated, never accept evil." --Samurai Flamenco
"Love is all about flowers and sunshine and puppies and nipple clamps." -Rubix, "Truth About Love" Tour 2013
"You are not allowed to mess with my profile!" - Irene 2014
"Words, words, words. Once I had a gift." --Shakespeare in Love
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
"Two plus two is four, minus one is three quick maths"
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Dougie Sharpe, Strategy...))

Dougie couldn't believe that she just went up and started talking to Colin.

Couldn't believe it.

He tried to shift so that he was in front of her, but she just barreled forwards, with a beaming smile and rushed, breathless words. All he could think was are you kidding me?

He opted not to speak, but watch the much smaller boy, utilizing every inch of his six-four frame to glower and rest the bat on his shoulder, watching for any sign of hostility.

Flare
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Just when Colin was thinking about how to pass the time, company found him.

Of course, it wasn't company he knew, because the universe seemed content with making his classmates either dead or Gene Fucking Steward. Still, the newcomers approached him in a friendly manner and didn't want to harm him, which was a combination that was new to Colin in this game. He was content with it.

He pulled his hand out of his bag and sat up a bit straighter, not wanting to be caught in too awkward of position. He had some standards, at least.

"Name's Colin, nice to meet you," he greeted, trying (and failing) to shake the tiredness out of his voice. Shit, that was just reminding him how early it was.

The two were named Lily and Dougie, apparently. Dougie was a bit of an odd one, but he supposed it wasn't as odd as Jewel. Or Yagmur, for that matter.

It feels like half of that school has screwed up names...

Ignoring his current thoughts, Colin gave a little shrug of his shoulders. "Hey, I'm not gonna fight you either, and you're welcome to stay as long as you'd like. Nothing much is going on here right now."

As he casually crossed his legs, Colin's eyes shot right to the bat resting on Dougie's shoulder. That, combined with Dougie notable size advantage, was... a bit daunting. But hey, the guy wasn't swinging it, and now he had SOMEONE around with an actual decent weapon. He'd deal.
CURRENT CHARACTERS:

Dr. Freud
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
The boy's name was Colin. Lily tried to remember if she'd heard his name on any of the announcements. She didn't think so, and while it was possible for him to have killed someone since the latest announcement, it wasn't very likely.

Relaxing considerably, she flashed a small smile at him and said "Cool, thanks. Nice to meet you too."

She'd been startled when she first saw him, not to mention apprehensive, especially since he'd had his hand in his bag at the time. Since she had no real means of defending herself, she'd done the first thing she could think of: go in with friendly words and a smile, and hope to put him at enough ease to not hurt them. It probably wasn't the smartest idea in retrospect, but she justified it to herself by reasoning that if he had been a raging psychopath, nothing she'd said or done would have mattered much.

She looked over at Dougie, her smile fading into a frown. He, apparently, didn't share her views. He had drawn himself up to his full height and was glaring at Colin, holding the bat in an obvious position of advantage. She felt a stab of annoyance, edging on anger. Her whole "we come in peace" angle hadn't exactly been helped by him standing right behind her doing his best to intimidate the guy in front of them. They were lucky that Colin seemed relatively calm and unperturbed by Dougie's attitude and appearance. If he'd been armed and terrified like Lucia had been, things would have turned out very differently.

Trying to keep the annoyance in her voice to a minimum, she leaned in towards Dougie and muttered "I think you can put that away now."
Lily

"Hero will never give up, never hide, never be defeated, never accept evil." --Samurai Flamenco
"Love is all about flowers and sunshine and puppies and nipple clamps." -Rubix, "Truth About Love" Tour 2013
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Mm," came Dougie's response to Lily's request. The bat stayed where it was.

He scrutinized Colin a little closer, focusing in on him. He didn't like the way the kid kept glancing at the bat, eyeballing it like he was sizing up how to get it away from Dougie. To show he wasn't giving it up, he gave his shoulder a little pat-pat, making a hollow sound.

Jewel had spoken to a Colin.

Jewel had made a pact with Colin about not ambushing. He'd heard it over the headset she'd given him - that, along with her various murders.

Lily may have been annoyed that he kept the bat out. That was okay. Better annoyed than dead.

"What did they give you?" he asked, jerking his chin in Colin's direction.

Flare
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Colin was starting to notice a contrast.

Lily continued to be pretty warm and friendly, which was honestly very appreciated at this point. It almost put a smile on his face.

Dougie, however, was being... noticeably less inviting. Dude was literally starting to tap the bat against his shoulder like he was in a movie street gang or something.

The guy asked to see what his individual "weapon" was. Oh yeah, he had almost completely forgotten about that. Mostly because calling it a "weapon" was an insult to weaponry everywhere.

"Sure, fine," Colin replied as casually as he could, starting to sift through his bag again. The item was near the bottom of the pile, considering pretty much everything he had was more important than it.

"You know, you could probably go for being a bit more friendly. Might help you in the long run," Colin idly threw out.

As he said that, he lifted the fleshlight out of the bag, holding it up and giving it a little wiggle. "Yeah... not gonna get much use out of this."
CURRENT CHARACTERS:

Dr. Freud
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Lily stared at Dougie. Not only had he just blatantly blown her off, he was practically flaunting the bat at Colin.

What was his problem? It wasn't like she completely trusted Colin, but there was a difference between being cautious and being a jerk. She wondered briefly if they'd met before, but if that were the case then Dougie would already know what Colin's weapon was. So far Colin hadn't done anything aggressive towards them, and he actually seemed more peaceful than the people that Dougie had been with at the theater. She had no idea why Dougie was acting like this.

She heard Colin reaching into his bag and immediately shifted her focus toward him, watching his movements closely, trying to ignore the anxious knot forming in her stomach. When Colin's hand finally emerged from the bag, it was holding what looked like a bizarre sex toy. Lily exhaled in relief, then turned back to Dougie.

"There. Are you satisfied?" she asked coldly.
Lily

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Good advice," Dougie responded, sliding the bat from his shoulder to rest against his boot. He didn't even look at the fleshlight - just kept his green glare solely on Colin's face.

Once again barely acknowledging Lily, Dougie reached his free hand forwards, bodily pulling Lily a few steps back, so that he was in front of her.

The grip on the bat tightened.

"Any other nuggets of wisdom? Like making a deal with a homicidal maniac?"

Flare
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
After becoming pretty confident they had seen it, Colin lazily dropped that fleshlight back into the top of his bag. The less time he had to spend being reminded of that thing, the better.

He had to wonder about this guy's deal. Why was he so angry? Was he just one of those people that was angry all the time? Because Colin knew a good amount of those people. Or maybe something had happened that had shattered his soul or whatever. Then again, Lily seemed like she was doing alright...

Then something about a deal with a homicidal maniac.

What is he talking about? When have I-

"Ooooh. That," Colin responded, starting to get the picture. He was talking about Jewel. Well, theoretically, he COULD be talking about Gene, but he probably wasn't TOO much of a homicidal maniac... yet.

"Look, we agreed not too attack each other until the endgame part, if either of us even make it that part. You'd take that deal too if she was pointing a fucking gun at you."

Colin got a closer look at Dougie now that he was in the forefront. Yup, definitely a guy he didn't want against him. Especially now that he was in swinging range...

"How'd you find out about that anyways?"
CURRENT CHARACTERS:

Dr. Freud
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Lily felt a small wave of relief as Dougie lowered the bat, replaced quickly by surprise and alarm when he reached up and roughly pulled her backwards.

"Ow, hey!" she protested angrily, almost losing her balance as she was thrust behind him. As she opened her mouth to chew him out, he started accusing Colin of making a deal with a homicidal maniac. Lily had no idea what he was talking about, and judging by his expression, neither did Colin. Then a look of recognition came over Colin's face, and he started explaining the apparent deal to Dougie. Lily looked from one face to the other, completely lost.

A dozen questions were buzzing around her head. Had Colin and Dougie met before? It didn't sound like it, but they were definitely connected. Their connection was possibly the psycho killer, who was definitely a woman. Lily's first thought was Pia, but she and Dougie had only found out about that this morning. The next logical option was Jewel. If anyone fit the description of homicidal maniac it was her.

Lily stared at Dougie.

"What the hell is going on?"
Lily

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"But I didn't," Dougie replied, reaching forwards and jabbing a forefinger into Colin's chest. He didn't hear Lily's question, or the worried note in her voice. Nor did he hear Colin asking how he knew about the deal.

All he heard was buzzing in his ears, a rasp of bedsheets, a tattoo against his dark skin. All he felt was cold.

"You did. You... You're the one who's worried about going far in this whole thing - your words. Worried about how much use your weapon is."

Dougie shook his head, removed his finger from Colin's chest, stepped back.

"That's fucked up, Colin. You're fucking... that's fucked up."

Flare
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Colin naturally winced at the finger that struck his chest, but his mind was on the guy's words rather than his actions. Was he serious? This was insane. It was unfair. It was bullshit.

"I'm fucked up? Seriously? I'm fucked up for giving two shits about my life? I just made sure one less person has the goal of blowing my head off my shoulders. It's not like I'm the one going around murdering people."

By this point, Colin was standing up, his exhaustion quickly replaced by annoyance and frustration. For that moment, Lily might as well have not been there. He was just focused on the dude right in front of him and how much of an asshole he was being.

"I don't know what you've been doing since this whole thing started, but if you've been walking around twisting people's words like you're doing to mine, I'd say YOU'RE the fucked up one."

Suddenly, Colin didn't really care that a much larger gentleman was holding a baseball bat threateningly in front of him. He, of all people, had done so little harm in this whole thing, and he wasn't going to stand for someone trying to make HIM out as the bad guy.
CURRENT CHARACTERS:

Dr. Freud
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
“Okay, that's enough.”

Sidestepping Dougie, Lily moved between the two boys, one hand extended toward each of them. Her limbs felt shaky and her mouth was dry, but she tried to keep her tone calm, peaceful, and firm as she spoke.

“Dougie, that's enough, okay? We're leaving. We're leaving” she repeated over her shoulder at Colin. For a moment she wanted to say something apologetic to him, but her biggest priority was getting Dougie out of there as quickly as possible, and anyway, she wasn't sure if he totally deserved it.

She waited a few seconds to make sure that neither boy was going to attack the other, then walked over to their bags and hoisted one on each of her shoulders, grunting slightly at the weight.

“Dougie come on. Please.”

As soon as she was sure that Dougie was going to follow her, she glanced one last time at Colin and left the building.

((Lily Ashburg continued in We're All Mad Here))
Lily

The Homeless Beard
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lily walked away, and for a few moments Dougie stood there, eyeing Colin with the baseball bat hanging from his fingers. He watched the boy's rage and indignation, and shook his head slowly. There was so much he could've said.

They're getting to you, he would've began, gesturing dramatically with the bat at a nearby camera, and you don't even see it. You made a deal with a killer, faced a gun down, and you're here talking about how useless your flesh light is and sitting on a park bench like it's nothing. A deal with a killer that you have no grounds - no basis - to even suspect it's going to hold up.

So yes, you're fucked up. You're fucked up for thinking in terms of who's living and who's dying, Dougie would've continued, and you're fucked up for securing your future like it's something that should be cherished above anybody else's. You're fucked up for feeling like you deserve to make it further in a game where you only win by destroying - shattering - lives.

So fuck you. Figure out your priorities. Get your head on straight. Because if you live this way, you've already lost.

But Dougie wasn't the talker.

Skinny had been the talker. Kyle had been the action man. Dougie had just been... Dougie.

And, being Dougie, he continued shaking his head.

Being Dougie, he walked away.

((Dougie Sharpe, We're All Mad Here))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tour Guide and Transportation Centre · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.