Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Reckoning Ball; OPEN!: Day 2, After 2nd Announcement
Topic Started: May 14 2014, 03:21 AM (892 Views)
Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
((Diana "Dee" Dixon continued from . . .This is Not Survival of the Best Friends.))
If Dee had even an inkling of poetic prose in her, she’d make use of the audience looking at her. Maybe she could say a couple nice words to Mama and Papa; tell them not to miss her when all of this passed. Maybe she could tell Bee to take his nose out of the books once in a while and go out and enjoy life. There was this great little trail out about fifteen miles, which had the most beautiful arch of ivy. Or maybe she’d use the cameras for some good ol’ fashioned payback. Maybe she’d tell Aunt Emily that Becky lied about who let Patches out in fifth grade. Dee took the blame for it, of course, but that was all on Becky. Or maybe she could cuss out the producers for putting her here.

If Dee had the mind, she’d say something really noteworthy. Instead, Dee sat in the bathroom, trying to twist her plaid shirt over her waist. Either the staff had really let the Space Bam Alley go to heck, or the producers had fiddled with the locks. Asa’d probably know exactly why they’d ponder to make the bathroom stalls impossible to latch closed. Fan service or some crud like that. All it meant to Dee was that she couldn’t take a piss for just a hot second in privacy.

The small graces were slim and hard-pressed to find in between. Dee didn’t have a weapon. Dee didn’t have any friends that would surely be looking after her wellbeing. And Dee hadn’t once been given any peer advice from those supposed to guide her. In their eyes, Dee probably should have been one of those eight names they announced moments before.

Jokes on you guys. I ain’t going down without a fight. Ya’ll better get used to this mug. Dee glared up at the bathroom camera, inside seething with venom, but outside nothing but peaches and roses. She even smiled out of instinct. The only time anyone bothered to take pictures were at family gatherings, church socials, or school yearbooks. Mama’d be uptight if Dee didn’t smile at any of them. In her sixteen years, Dee’d become a master at smiling through her teeth as the whole world went to the crows in front of her. Here wasn’t an exception.

Small graces, Dee. Small graces. The water was still running. That was good. It was even hot, too. She washed her hands thoroughly after peeing. The blood from patching up Asa’s wound circled down the drain, eventually running clear. With that, Dee tried to scrub every thought of Asa out of her head. It was proving hard. Harder than trying to wipe shit off a pinhead with a boxing glove.

When someone told you that you were a joke, it stuck. At school it meant something else. When nobody asked you to the spring formal, or any dance, it was just a little scratch on the cat post that was your life. Eventually it blended in with all the others, and you forgot all about it. But here, being a joke meant that she was just a number, padding out the future Karen Ruiz’s, or the Zachariah’s. Dee was simply put, a number. And it made her pissier than a wet hen.

“I reckon you’re getting off on not helping me, right? Just letting me run off into the arms of ‘Little Mister Anarchy’ back there? Real darn funny.” Dee pulled at her collar, angling the microphone right to her lips. She had words for everybody, but her mentor was the only one who’d get to help her. If they ever got off their lazy ass and did something.

“So I’m all alone in the bathroom of some damn bowling alley. I ain’t got nothing between me and The Lord but a smile. I also don’t know who I should be looking for, or if any of them were on those there announcements. I ain’t got nothing to go on, and you’re just sittin’ there in your high cotton office, just watching me go through the motions.” Dee wanted to raise some hell. Break crap, tear off her collar, smash a couple mirrors. But that was Asa’s game. It wasn’t going to do her a lick of good to have a temper tantrum like a kid. She needed to be smarter about this.

A whole lot smarter than poor Soren who’d up and got shot outside. He was a good boy, a Christian, even. The exact type of guy Mama would have praised to high heavens about, if Dee ever ended up with him. The Lord only helps those who helps themselves. Soren’s body was a cruel reminder of that.

As Dee sat on the cold tiled floor, Girl’s Bathroom door pressed up against her back, she nested her chin onto her knuckles. How on earth was Dee going to help herself?
Edited by Shangela, May 14 2014, 03:38 AM.
Posted Image
Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards
But deep down, all you really want is love
The pure kind, we all dream of.
But we cannot escape the past,
So you and I will never last

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
SOTF-TV2 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
What the tv audience didn’t know, was how the passage of time worked around here. Each little episode on the screen was cherry picked to give the biggest bang for the buck. The regular episode was chalk-full of violence, tears, maybe even a little bit of nookie between the scared kids on tv. For an hour’s worth of tv, you got all the excitement, all the highlights. What the tv didn’t show off, was all the downtime.

After Dee left Asa, she hadn’t heard a soul. It’d been quieter than a church mouse. She reckoned she was almost ready to admit that she’d missed Asa. Sure the boy didn’t have a lick of a real plan, but then again, did she? At least he was doing something, other than sitting around in a bathroom.

At least with him, she wasn’t alone.

Dee was as hard faced as a stone, but even a rock broke down in an avalanche, right? She hadn’t heard a peep for more than half a day. The old Dee used to take really long hikes through the forest to avoid people. Usually it’d be family she was trying to avoid. Between Mama’s nagging, Papa’s gut-wrenching tales of slaughterhouses, or Bee’s insistence on describing each and every book he’d buried his nose in, it all added up. When Dee was alone, she finally got a lick of peace and quiet. Back then, it’d be something she’d kill for.

Now she’d have to kill for it in the most literal way possible. At least, that’s what they said. It was sure as sun convincing enough earlier. Dee lost track of the kids killed off in the first half of the day; just racking her brain long enough to get their killers. A good mess of them were from Whitree, too. Guess that other school in New Mexico were awful shy of the camera.

Not Dee though. She wasn’t shy of nothing.

Truth be told, Dee always wondered what it’d be like to go ahead and off someone. It would probably be like killing an animal. The deer population, though adorable, were causing a serious dent in the plant life. If the deer over populated, how in the heck would the rabbits, squirrels, skunks, and possums get any bites? That argument was convincing at age ten. At age sixteen, Dee was having a hard time translating that to people.

The image of Soren’s body was still fresh in her mind. A part of her, a small part, she had to keep telling herself, wanted to throw up and cry at the sight of it. The rest of her looked at him like any bit of roadkill. Sure it was awful sad, but Dee didn’t do it. That part was even scarier.

People weren’t animals. Killing ‘em was a different ballpark than killing a person… right?

Dee stood up. Sure she didn’t want to think about it too much, but sitting in this bathroom wasn’t gonna help a lick either. She needed to get up off her self-pitying ass and do something. Anything, really.

She stood by Soren’s body and really think about what it was that the producers told her she’d have to do. When you say a word enough times, it eventually sounds made-up. Try it. Say water at least twenty times. By the time you reach sixteen or seventeen, it sounds like a whole different language. Dee was doing something similar with the boy’s body. The more she said it was a person, the less real it all became.

The producers wouldn’t know a damn thing, but inside Dee knew. She’d make it back somehow. Even if she was supposed to be their little (and they certainly laughed at the whole “little” part) joke, she wasn’t ready to just lie down and take it.

Dee was ready.
Posted Image
Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
SOTF-TV2 Characters

aristeia
Rookie
[ *  * ]
(Louise Luna continued from Plot Twist)

Louise had needed some time. The events of the announcement and the beach had shook her up more than she would like to admit.

Deep thinking was not something Louise was known for. In fact throwing herself into any given situation was more her style, for all the good it had done her and her friends.

However, her time at the resort had taught her it was necessary to make a strategy and now was the time.

The thought triggered some kind of latent memory. It had been wet and she had been left in her brother's care. It had been just after the release of the new, at the time, SOTF game. It had some acronym but Louise hadn't cared then and certainly didn't care now. Her brother had explained at great length his master plan, which he claimed was unbeatable, whilst she largely ignored him. Somehow though it had subconsciously sunk in, or she was just making stuff up.

Either way it was better than nothing.

She was jogging aimlessly, occasionally dashing between points as she tried to configure her so called master plan. There was some mistakes she could not make again. They were largely common sense, like checking places before entering, but still it would definitely help her. It was time to use mental agility as well as physical. It was time to try and break well set habits.

But now she had a problem.

She was cold and she needed to pee. Looking around she moved towards the nearest buildings. Remembering her strategy she paused examining the local area for useful objects and more importantly threats. When she judged it to be safe she hurried towards the entrance. Stopping, again, before the entrance she peered inside. The bowling alley reminded her of birthdays when was she younger. She sighed wistfully wondering if she would even get to make any more happy memories.

However, Louise was not one to dwell on sadness. She pushed the door open, advancing cautiously. The inside was rather gaudy but appealed to her. She resisted the urge to run down and kick the pins over, like she had rather infamously done when left with a split at her 12th birthday. As she scanned the large room she concluded she was alone and appeared to be safe.

Her eyes spotted the sign for the toilet and she hurried towards it. In her hurry she barreled into the door, so that it loudly striking the wall. The bad news stacked as she discovered she was not alone in the room.

"shit"

she said more to herself than as a conversation opener. It was too late now for her to sneak. Louise stood on the threshold of the door, she could see her but not much else. She thought she a trick of perspective was making the girl look smaller. She did not know the girl but as for first impressions staring and swearing were not good. She tried to redeem herself with a wave.

"Um hi, I'm Louise. Nice to meet you"
first timer on the site keen for constructive criticism to better my rp experience (its the only way I'll learn)
TV2: Louise Luna EW3 [Davison], Naomi Skye RF2 [Whittree]

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
Dee must have stared at Soren for a good half hour. She studied the position of his body, that final look on his face, everything. When you really looked at it, they weren’t a lick different than a dead deer, or a dead animal. Heck, Soren got a much more human finishing blow than some of the slaughterhouses gave their livestock. The bullet wound to the head was the best way to go.

Whatever Dee decided to do, she’d do it humanely. Dee couldn’t stand mistreatment and abuse of animals. Anyone who tortured an animal deserved the same damn thing done onto them as comeuppance. Sometimes hunters just left their kills to bleed out and suffer for no reason. At least someone had given Soren a much kinder send off.

Soren wasn’t Soren anymore, Dee ultimately decided as she walked back into the bathroom. Her sandwich was waiting, and she was hungry. As if someone’d gone and cut a whole in her stomach, she was furiously hungry. Maybe it was weird that her gut was rumbling after seeing a fresh body, but Dee didn’t pay it a lick of attention. Smoked ham on swiss was waiting for her.

The bathroom was nice and quiet. A little on the darker side, but the flashlight gave enough light to match the clouded window. She hadn’t heard a soul in such a long time, she didn’t even think to see if her flashlight would attract anybody. All she was in the market for was a sandwich and Gatorade. What she wasn’t in the market for, however, was a girl to come barreling into the bathroom like a bat outta hell. Maybe Dee should have been more careful what she wished for.

“Good Lord, you nearly done given me a heart attack.” Dee palmed her chest, trying to calm down her heartbeat. The girl hadn’t slowly opened the door, nor did she calmly announce her arrival. It was a loud thud and then an awkward introduction.

“Uh, I’m Dee. Diana if you’re feeling fancy.” Dee returned the nicety, but the confused look on her face defeated any sense of politeness that the gesture suggested. But then again, how should Dee go about greeting a stranger, especially one who’d wandered her way in, and raised a scene?

“The toilets work. Water, too. It’s hot, even.” Usually people came to the bathroom for a very specific set of business. Dee was probably unique in turning the shitter into a home base.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
((Skipping to avoid inactivity))

When you’re God knows how many miles away from home, half starved, half cuckoo from lack of rest, and put in a situation straight outta hell, you forget the small niceties. The little actions that make those dainty ladies good, things like not picking one’s nose in public, or being sure to say your please and thank yous.

Or not towering over someone when they’re clearly trying to take a piss.

“I’m, uh, guessin’ you’d like some privacy.” Dee headed towards her bag, ready to regress into years of repressed Little Miss lessons. Dee didn’t give a lick towards manners back at home, wasn’t it odd that now she was feeling civil?

If this girl was the type to come barging in without a care in the world, she was probably either one of two things: Dumber than a sack of potatoes, or heavily armed. It didn’t a matter a lick if you had a gun stashed somewhere, Dee figured. Louise, was it? She was a complete stranger to Dee, but then again, everyone really was here. Dee really wanted to know what she was up against, but there didn’t seem to be a tactful way to go about it.

“I’ma git outta your way for a little bit. Come out when you done finished.” Dee grabbed her bag and slung it out. What was once a base, was starting to look an awful lot like a coffin. If she was on the other side of this door, she’d at least have an exit strategy in case Louise was one of ’em.

In the meantime, Dee could probably rummage around and find a weapon. Maybe think of a game plan while the girl finished her business. Better too careful than too sorry.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

aristeia
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Louise had not expected company. As Dee spoke a subversive voice in the back of Louise's head suggested that giving an opponent a heart attack was probably in her best interests. She idly wondered if she was feeling fancy. Usually she only did that when her parents made her. This was usually church related and lead to complaints and time wasting. Again thoughts of home put her in a whimsical mood.

Louise gave the girl a grateful smile as she had been trying to work out how to ask without embarrassing herself. Or perhaps embarrass herself further. She really hoped the girl wasn't just buying time to ambush her, though hopefully if that had been her intention she would have done so whilst Louise was distracted.

Having finished Louise walked over to the mirror, splashing water on her face.

"Come on Louise! you can do this, strategy and speed. Keep it together."

she muttered to herself. After the pep talk she walked out the door. She made sure to check routes and do a better job second time round, hoping first impressions weren't everything. This done she walked cautiously out the door.
Edited by aristeia, Jun 10 2014, 02:57 PM.
first timer on the site keen for constructive criticism to better my rp experience (its the only way I'll learn)

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
Asa had been right from the second he laid his beady little brown eyes on Dee. At four-foot-five inches, Dee was more fucked than a two dollar whore on nickel night, as a colorful expression would decree. The weapon she’d been assigned was uselessly propped outside, last Dee checked. It wouldn’t have done her a lick of good, even if it was made of real steel instead of foam. Dee wasn’t unpopular, per say, but she didn’t have a whole mess of friends around here. All she had to look forward to were kids of varying degrees of estrangement. She could think of one boy, Marcus, but even he’d done someone in already. To recap: She was a lone wolf, no pack in sight, without any fangs to back her up.

Shucks.

While the girl did her business, Dee frantically rummaged through her bag. She didn’t have anything real to go on, in terms of defense. Dee rattled her mitts through the bag like a hungry jackal digging out a mole.

After all that nonsense about looking for a source of fuel, and the first thing that Dee fetches out of her medical kit was a bottle of alcohol. While partially depleted due to her completely unsanitary side by stitch-up, there was still plenty left to set someone on fire.

Or maybe she’d figure out how to unfold that condom and fashion it into a garrote. Wouldn’t that make for something fit for the highlights reel?

As Dee kept scrounging around, desperation kicked in. She was really thrown to the wolves like a plump, footless chicken, wasn’t she? While she settled on clutching the bandage scissors, she still didn’t feel a smidgeon more comfortable. It’d take a mess of force to drive it in. It’d also take some closeness for the blow. Closeness that Dee wasn’t exactly comfortable with getting.

When Louise finally made her way out of the bathroom, Dee had casually placed her partially zipped daypack on a nearby bowling bench. The UV black light illuminated the whites to a toxic purple. Heck, the whites of everything looked purple in this light’ Dee’s school t-shirt, the whites of her knock off converse. Louise also looked purple. The girl’s teeth and eyes looked comically cartoonish. Or at least, it would have put more of a smile on Dee’s face, had she not had a foot on her, forty pounds of toned muscle, and the very likely possibility of more heat than Texas in July.

“How’d the first day treat you?” The question sounded innocent enough, but from it Dee was looking for one of two things. Either she was just as terrified and unwilling to play as Dee was just a few moments ago, or . . .

Or she was ready to pick up Jewel Evans’ game and start racking down some numbers. Surely someone was probably joking about Dee only counting as a half-person, for that ten person kill count. If that was the case, wouldn’t it be nice if Louise could count as two, since she was so much taller?

“Mine was rough. I haven’t seen many friendly faces, even before that announcement. I reckon that everyone I done came across were either itchin’ to fight, or were looking for their friends. Either way, I got outta dodge.”

Dee leaned inward, the scissors just out of sight in her back pocket. “You a friendly face, Miss Louise?”
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

aristeia
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Once again Louise was in two minds. She loved the UV turning her hand over loving how it seemed to make it look alien, almost like the situation she was in. A part of her wanted to just dance around in the UV . Pretend Lisa wasn't dead, as the girl would definitely be her partner in crime if she was here.

Pretend none of this had happened.

However distracting the UV was she couldn't let it draw her focus. Instead Louise's eye was drawn to the other girl's bag. It may be rude to look in another girl's bag but if Dee had a weapon Louise wanted to know about it. Forewarned is fore planned.

The girl appeared to be unarmed as Louise approached, trying to keep cover between them. If it came to it Louise reckoned she had the physical edge, but that would be academic if Dee had a gun. The girl's question stopped Louise in her tracks.

How had her day been? A seemingly mundane question which meant so much more in this situation.

Louise tried to form an answer. She had watched friend's die, fights break out and more blood than your average slasher movie. It was also a question Louise had been trying to ignore and forget.

"I've had better days"

She said with a pained sign, her eyes saying more than her words. She knew it was inadequate but did not want to delve any further.

Was she friendly? Vivacious was the word most often used to describe her and she had never considered herself a spiteful person. What she had been like was not necessarily important. Even in her limited experience she knew that the game changed people. But she saw no reason to take the girl out she didn't want to hurt anyone. For the time being recuperating and a seemingly friendly face were worth taking.

"Yeah, I've seen how things can get and don't want that to happen anymore"

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
For a while, the two girls eyed at each other like two stray alley cats. Both of them were worse for the wear. Half a day in the game had proven itself quite a hefty dose of something or another. The girls studied each other, watching who moved where, who said what, and who was tucking away some weapon or another. Dee didn’t trust the girl, but the same could probably be said about the other girl towards her. There wasn’t a damn bit of room for uncertainty. Everyone was an enemy until proven otherwise.

If the girl had been packing a gun, she’d have been smart to fire out a couple rounds in Dee already. Unless the girl was one of them twisted psychos that got off on this whole prolongued dance around the deed, it’d be much more efficient to just get it done nice and quick. Before you knew they were people, everybody on here was just a moving target that kept you from the big prize. Maybe the producers were smart not to give Dee a gun. She’d probably have gone in and snuffed out a full group in the time it’d take to say “howdy.”

“I don’t wanna mess around with nobody, either.” It wasn’t a lie. Millions of people have some level of burning desire to be on this show. Maybe it’d be an excuse to actually hunt the biggest game, people, and not get in a lick of trouble for it. Maybe it’d be to launch that whole promotional career, hawking face creams, or fast food sandwiches. Or maybe it was all about trying to game the system and prove that you were smarter than those honky-tonk, high cotton businessmen behind the camera screens. Dee didn’t want none of this. She’d be peachy just going about her daily life. Utterly unknown to millions of people.

“Sounds like you got yourself into a spell of trouble. You hurt or anything?” The girl didn’t look like she’d taken any blows, though this ridiculous lighting made it hard to tell. It’d be better to ask and get on the strangers good side. Southern hospitality wasn’t all that promoted in this show.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

aristeia
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Louise could feel the tension, from the moment she had stepped through the door to their rather awkward chat. It was no wonder, she had learned the hard way that even the most mundane situation could turn nasty in seconds. She had at least got to build a snowman and have a dance but that hardly outweighed the negatives. They weren't on the same team and the way the game worked that meant an alliance would likely go south quickly. Not least as neither of them seemed to trust the other.

It was a relief the other girl didn't seem to want trouble either. That suited Louise down to the ground. Her eyes couldn't help but flicker to the other girl's bag as they chatted. Her weapon was the major unknown factor here. Louise felt she had the advantage physically if required but that could change everything.

"No I'm fine I guess I got 'lucky', how about you? "

The word lucky felt rather bitter and ironic on Louise's tongue as she spoke due to their circumstances. Though she knew some people did seek out and dream of being in her place. Frankly she would happily swap any day.

"Sooo whatcher get? " Louise said her eyes sweeping towards the bag clarifying her question. She knew she shouldn't ask but her curiosity got the better of her.

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
“I reckon the real luck you coulda had here was not being put on the show in the first place.” Dee cracked a small, wry smile. None of them were really lucky here. Naw, lucky would have been avoiding this whole damned mess to begin with.

The girl matched Dee’s cautious look right back. They were mirrored images of each other (if you could look past the whole foot of height difference.) Louise's eyes fixed right on Dee's bag. Dee could already tell what the girl was going to ask before she even opened her mouth.

What “weapon” did she get? A hunk of crap that was worth less than a cowpatty. “You didn’t happen to see a big ol’ foam sword sittin’ out in the back, right? Well, that there was what they gave me. Nuthin’ I could use.”

Dee wasn’t sure if honesty was the right answer here. For a second, she thought about lying. ”Yeah, I got a huge gun, so don’t try to mess with me.” Even if it weren’t true, it would give Dee a huge advantage over Miss Louise. Intimidation was key, especially if you got about as much bite as a poodle. But then she weighed the benefits of being completely honest here. Maybe the girl wasn’t itchin’ to use her gun. Maybe she didn’t even have a gun. Maybe Dee constructed a threat outta a whole lot of nothing. She didn’t have much time to answer, so she blurted out the first response that came to mind; honesty. Miss Manners would have been so proud.

“If we’re speaking about luck here, imagine me wakin’ up with a big hunk of foam, surrounded by two bigger guys from some other school, each holdin’ a gun. The fact that I still hung onto my hide is probably the closest I’m gettin’ to luck on here.” Dee’s wry smile faded from her cheeks, replaced by a sullen look down to the ground. She was screwed in terms of a weapon draw. It seemed everyone else got the better end of the draw. Maybe even Louise.

“I had a heck of a day here, and somethin’ tells me that it’s only gettin’ worse.” Dee hated being wrong, but she'd also hate being right. Damn.
Edited by Shangela, Jul 6 2014, 07:38 PM.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

aristeia
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Louise listened to the response with an expression of concern on her face. She didn't like it not at all. Whilst it was good, for Louise, that the girl didn't have a weapon to directly threaten her the fact there were well armed people playing the game was very bad. Admittedly even with her passing knowledge of the show she could already have been pretty sure that there would be. Still being re-reminded of this unpleasant reality was not a nice feeling.

Louise had been trying to repress memories of her morning and this was not helping. Either stress or the lighting was beginning to give her a headache. Or maybe the girl was lying and her weapon was psychic powers with which she was slowly exploding Louise's mind. Louise was fairly sure that had been one of the powers in the expansion pack of her brother's SOTF game. Regrettably though her parents weren't around this time to order them to turn this one off so they could go out for a family meal.

There was still the matter at hand. What should they do about this impromptu stand off? Neither really wanted to make the first move and were duly cautious. Louise had learned the hard way that a seemingly friendly chat could go horribly wrong in seconds. Louise found herself looking over her shoulder half expecting another wave of more swearing charging eye gouging jocks.

Louise nodded at Dee's rather candid response.

"Soo, I don't suppose you got any brilliant plan or ace up your sleeve to get us out of this?"

Louise asked hopefully. Really she was looking for a plan but it was worth a go. She liked to look on the bright side but realistically she knew, at least deep down, survival without being maimed was about the brightest she could hope for.

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
The girl was surprising Dee a great deal. When Dee admitted to being totally screwed over, she thought that the girl would take the chance and pounce on Dee. Dee’d gone and braced herself up against the rack, bandage scissor in hand, on the defense. It sure as heck wasn’t gonna make much of a difference, but Dee wasn’t gonna let her jump out and finish her off without a damn fight.

But the attack never came. If anything, Louise looked disappointed that Dee wasn’t packing. “I’ma guess that you don’t got much else either. Come to think o’ it, you ain’t even got a bag. Where’d that end up?”

She probably could have asked that question a little more tactfully, but since Louise had gone and asked about her weapon, Dee figured it was only fair. Manners be damned.

“I’m afraid I ain’t got a damn clue what to do next. I’m crud outta luck here. I thought that my mentor’d give me some advice, but it’s been a whole day and I ain’t heard a lick.” Dee gave a heavy sigh. “So I guess I don’t have much of a plan. Maybe I’ll try and see who they teamed me with.”

Dee hadn’t paid attention to it until now, but the girl’s bandanna was clearly visible, and clearly not white. Hers was black with little white whales stuck all over it. Dee’s was white with little sharks. Sharks and whales were not the same animal. Even cousin Becky could’ve told you that, and she ain’t the sharpest cheddar in the cheese shelf.

Dee couldn’t tell from the sparse light that peeked in through the entry way, but it was starting to turn right into night. Dee’d developed quite a fine internal clock. Her stomach almost always knew when it was time for a meal, or more honestly, when it was time to come home for the meal. Mama was a mess upset if any of the kids were late. While Dee wasn’t going to be sitting down to a five course, southern style meal anytime soon, her stomach didn’t quite know that. It hollered and panged at her.

Growl

“I, uh. Think that was my stomach.” Dee motioned towards her bag, ready to engulf the entirety of her sandwich, maybe even a Slim Jim or two, and tear into that loaf of bread, when a thought struck her head.

“I reckon you must be hungry too. I got a mess of food that I haven’t gotten to eatin’ yet. Maybe you wanna stick around for a bit?” The other girl looked stronger, faster, and miles more threatening than Dee could ever be on her own. It was a gamble to see if she’d come across her team. While Dee thought up a better idea, it wouldn’t hurt to have a small little truce.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

aristeia
Rookie
[ *  * ]
Louise winced slightly at the mention of her bag as she listened to Dee. Or rather the circumstances in which it was lost. She supposed she should feel embarrassed to have lost it so stupidly, she could almost hear her mum tutting. It was careless and it would likely cost her. Louise wasn't really the sort to wallow in regret for her actions, especially as she would likely be spending a lot of her time regretting if that was the case.

It was strange, it felt like Dee was conducting an interview. Maybe it was a funny anecdote one for her to trot out over the years on major channels. Louise blinked as the day dream came to an end and she realised she hadn't answered.

"Oh it got lost, left it with the monkeys"

she said thinking of the jungle decals around the daycare centre. She had considered lying but it seemed rather pointless. What was she going to say? I have a tank I just hid it in my pocket. Beside she spoke before she thought. It seemed everything Dee said was bringing back unpleasant memories, this time her mentor's rather callous words.

Buck up or die

She hadn't forgotten it. She had seen what fate could await her and she wanted to avoid that.

"I wouldn't hold your breath, the mentors aren't all they're cracked up to be"

She said with a hint of bitterness apparent in her voice. She was distracted by the growling, though it turned out to have been Dee's stomach it could easily have been her own. She looked at the food with an almost feral expression. She really had had it easy over her life. She smiled openly at the offer it wasn't a long term solution but it beat the alternatives. A truce would do nicely. Louise perched herself on the bench hoping a topic of conversation, or better some food, appeared. The usual inane things she chatted about seemed rather...well inane...in the circumstances.

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
((Time skip approved, GMing not. Feel free to correct me via PM, Aristeia))

At first, Dee thought she’d hit a sensitive nerve. Maybe the girl’d gone through a whole mess of traumatic trouble earlier on, or something. Louise clammed up, lips tighter than a vice grip. Aw Jeez. That’s exactly what would happen. Dee’d flap her gums indiscriminately, and she’s go ahead and poo all over every little alliance she’d come across. She didn’t agree with Asa, and that’d gone so south, they’d practically cycled back up north.

Dee was about to offer up a hefty apology, when Louise continued. Monkeys. No context. No explanation. Welp, it looks like Dee’d gone from one flavor of cuckoo bananas to another.

“That, uh, sucks cow patty. I’m surprised how long I’ve held onto my bag myself. I ain’t had the time to catch a breath till now.” Even right about now, Dee couldn’t breathe entirely easily. She was still cooped up in a bowling alley with a complete stranger. Miss Louise was proving to be a refreshingly minor threat, but even a chipmunk could get mad with rabies.

Topics fluttered by between the two girls. Conversation was about as gossipy and chattery as Dee could muster. Monkies or not, Louise was at the very least on the same page; they both hated this game, they both were honestly shit outta ideas, and both of them recognized how “useful” their mentors were. A short term alliance could work out here; so long as Louise didn’t flip a switch.

Dee turned around, quickly snapping her bandage scissors from her back pocket into her front chest pocket. Hopefully Louise didn’t notice that Dee was about three seconds and a half good reason from charging at her like a bull. In her bag, Dee began to pull out the remainder of her food.

Half a loaf of gluten-free bread, a slim jim, and a half of a sandwich was a very easy sacrifice to be made. Especially if it meant that Dee wouldn’t wind up alone tonight like she very easily could have. Being alone with a weapon might have been a different story, but when you were that shit outta luck, the next best thing is to put on a peachy face and get some allies. At least until you came up with something better.

The two girls had complimentary meals, making sure that they ate evenly and fairly was going to breed some form of trust. It was a photo finish to see who finished their meal first; both girls ravenously knocked back their sandwiches like they were glasses of water. Those poor rations didn’t have a chance; being demolished in less than five minutes of sheer ferocious hunger.

When they were both satisfied, Dee decided to enact the first step of her very tentative plan. “Say, those doors were kinda heavy, weren’t they? I was here earlier, and it sure is hard to enter sneakily. Do you reckon we could, I dunno, turn this into a base?”

Dee tried to make the command sound more like a tentative question, but for the last few hours, she’d put in a whole mess of planning for this. The chairs in the staff room, as well as the front desk, could be wheeled in front of the two front doors to block things off. And if the Bowling Alley was declared a dangerzone tomorrow morning, well, it’d be easy to wheel them off and run like hell.

Thankfully, Louise seemed to take the bait. Almost as quickly as the girls had gone and finished their meal, they’d gone and secured the bowling alley. Louise was a different story, but if either of those boys, or god forbid Jewel, came slithering in, there might be a mess of a difference. As Dee pushed a chair leg through the linking door handles, she breathed a relieved sigh. There wasn’t a chance of that happening now.

The girls slept once Louise had managed to track down that horrible UV light. Dee didn’t expect to sleep as well as she did, but hey, all those near heart-attacks she’d had throughout the entire last 24 hours did take their toll on her. Dee’s ticker must have aged at least twenty years from all the stress.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Dee was in the middle of some really swell dream when the familiar crackling of the loudspeakers droned on. Announcement time immediately stirred the girls from sleeping on their respective benches. Dee scrambled to her feet, ready to tear through their construction just in case the area was arbitrarily made a no-no zone.

Thankfully it wasn’t, so they could breathe easier, but hearing the list of names go on and on was a demoralizing, shattering blow. “I’d, uh, say ‘good morning,’ but that don’t seem right after the announcement.”
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Space Bam Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.