Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Zoom, Kick, Persuasion, Tech
Topic Started: Mar 26 2014, 10:34 PM (1,319 Views)
delayedMirth
Member Avatar
liar
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Anzu Sakamoto: Continued from We Are Not Your Kind of People.))

Jesus fucking christ, if they were going to have to die, couldn't it at least be somewhere warm? They'd been thrown into a fucking Hawaiian resort, from the looks of things, so what son of a bitch decided that it'd be OH SO HILARIOUS to use it during the winter? Ashley was lucky, at least her stupid fanservice costume provided some warmth, Anzu doubted that the ones behind her skimpy piece of shit had considered such tiny, unimportant qualities like "insulation" or "good taste" for even a second.

Not really having any clue where the people they gave a shit about were, Anzu and Ashley had just wandered around outside for a bit, before realizing "holy fucking shit it is cold out here" and ducking into the nearest available building, which seemed empty at the moment, which was both very good and fucking terrible at the same time.

Anzu sighed. "You know, I guess it would have been too much to ask for any of the band to be in here." There wasn't really anything else of interest in the building, either. Just an aquarium that featured only three big-ass tanks of ocean water and a ton of dull history about the resort. Come on, who the hell goes to a resort and thinks "Oh, sweet, I was wondering how this place was founded" instead of chilling on the beach or whatever? Some of the retro stuff was admittedly neat, but there wasn't nearly enough of it to justify the museum's existence.

Being angry at piss-poor designers was fun, it let Anzu stop dwelling on the band and Caroline for a while.
we have built cities and dug graveyards on oh so many worlds
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Ashley Namath: RBP2 - TV2 - Last Time In We Are Not Your Kind of People))

Ashley sauntered into the museum, rather happy that the two of them decided to find somewhere that was warm-ish. Beat staying outside forever, though that wasn't saying much. Regardless of that, she still felt rather fortunate...for now. She wasn't ignoring where she was, nor did she plan to. However, she also wasn't paranoid enough or stressed enough to always be on edge. Have to be aware, can't ever be afraid.

"Hmm...that's a good motto. I should start writing these down somewhere."

The gun had a loose grip on it as Ashley began inspecting her surroundings. Pretty. Ashley didn't care for history or fish that much, often being bored to death whenever she went to a museum or an aquarium, but this combo was actually pretty relaxing. Maybe she was just enjoying it more now that there wasn't somebody badgering her about every little thing and rushing her along to the next spot before she could appreciate what she was looking at in full.

She tugged at the team scarf around her neck. It was a bit stuffy, but what was more interesting was the design of it. A fluid rainbow design, with a parrot on it. All the colors, with an animal known for it's mimicry...Hmm. Ashley looked at Anzu's burnt orange bandana around her arm. Could they be on the same team after all? Of course not. Ashley knew she couldn't be that lucky. Did Anzu feel the same? Would she believe her if she told her so? Maybe.

"Guess it was pretty convenient to find each other so fast, huh?"
PV3 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids! ~
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

delayedMirth
Member Avatar
liar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Definitely. It's such a relief that we'll be able to watch each other's backs." Anzu said, smiling at Ashley. It was hard to think of anything as "good" luck, considering the situation they'd been thrown into, but there were certainly shittier ways to start off the game than running into her oldest friend right off the bat.

She exhaled, sinking down into a comfortable looking corner. It was good to have a chance to just sit down and catch her breath for a second, especially after lugging around her backpack for a while. Thing wasn't too terribly heavy, thankfully, but it was still a pain to carry it around everything. Anzu had to wonder, though. Why the fuck was there a condom in there? Like, what the hell, producers? Murder was all well and good, but unprotected sex was where they drew the line?

Ugh. As much fun as it was tearing into the shitbrain producers' many, many, many proofs that they were worthless pieces of human trash, it was a lot of energy that could be spent on something that wouldn't just end up giving Anzu a headache. She took a deep breath. Exhaled again. Turned to face Ashley.

"Hey. Got anything in mind for the near future? That gun of yours will probably scare people off, but we should still have some sort of plan."

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Plan? Of course she had a plan. A very abstract, minimal plan with a few sparkles of pizzazz thrown in for good measure, but a plan as good as most people on this show ever had. That said, Ashley did not plan on leaving Anzu out of the loop, no matter how small the matter even was. Even little stuff like that is important now.

"Yeah, got a few ideas runnin around in my noggin. Most of 'em involve not dyin and stickin to it till it can't be stuck to no more, which I think you'll find hard to argue with."

She said that last bit with a smirk towards her friend. Not dying was an idea she was sure most everyone shared. If they didn't, well chances are they ain't got the life in them to disagree at this point. Now that she thought about it, that also did mean some were gonna try to live longer then they did, no matter the expense. It only made sense.

"If anyone comes 'round and starts anything with us, try to hurt us or somethin'...I got it covered."

She waved the gun slightly, her smirk slowly changing back into her natural pout.

delayedMirth
Member Avatar
liar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anzu smirked back at Ashley as she explained her brilliant plan. It wasn't like Anzu had something better in mind, but she still found it slightly amusing. "Yeah, that's pretty hard to make a counter-argument against."

Her smile faded as Ashley waved the gun around a bit, a harsh reminder of bad shit to come. The gun might make her feel much more safe, truer but it simultaneously made her feel incredibly nervous in its presence.

As much as Anzu despised most of humanity, that didn't mean she wanted to hurt anyone! Well, she wouldn't feel particularly bad about smacking a bitch or twenty, but she was a misanthrope, not a psychopath! Just thinking about killing somebody was some pretty heavy shit.

"Right, but uh... Only as a last resort, yeah?" Anzu said nervously, looking down.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A short moment of silence.

"Yeah, last resort. Self-defense only."

Ashley brought her bag up as she felt it slipping down. She stared at the floor as Anzu did, her shoes stuttering around and making squeaky noises. There seemed to be a slight amount of water coming from one of the tanks close by, her eyes looking at the liquid footprints and a small stream right behind her. She grabbed one of the Wet Floor signs that was laying on a wall and put it up right. She didn't have to, but it was always something her dad told her to do in case an actual worker wasn't around to do it and she could. Courtesy, she guessed.

She sighed, and turned back to Anzu.

"How 'bout you? Ya got anything special up there you've been thinkin' of?"

The Homeless Bearde
Member Avatar
"Two plus two is four, minus one is three quick maths"
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A voice quietly echoes from Anzu's collar.

"Psst. Anzu. I appreciate how you're super jazzed about finding a friend and all, but remember that she has everything to gain by snuffing your candle. You might want to find some other Eagles."

delayedMirth
Member Avatar
liar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anzu raised an eyebrow at Ashley placing the wet floor sign. Sure, it was common courtesy and all, but who the fuck cared? Hell, it would probably be better for her to leave it down, maybe some asshole would actually miss the water and slip on the floor at a very convenient moment. Well, whatever. It wasn't worth expending valuable thought on.

She shrugged in response to Ashley's question. "Can't say I have. My only real thoughts have been along the lines of your "try not to die" stuff, but-" she paused, startled by the voice quietly whispering to her from her collar. Her face slowly twisted in anger as the mentor's words sunk in.

Who the fuck was she to tell her not to pair up with Ashley? Who the fuck was she to say that she knew Ashley better than Anzu did? Who the fuck was she to try and tell Anzu what to do?

Completely caught off guard, Anzu completely lost her composure. "Fuck you and fuck everything you stand for, you bitch!" She growled, tapping on her collar. "Why don't you just take your shitty advice and burn in hell, like you belong, you, you..." Anzu's voice trailed off as she realized that she had just said all of that out loud. "Um."

Anzu closed her eyes, breathed slowly, tried to hold off the steadily building rage. Within a few seconds, her expression was back to normal. "The, uh, the mentor..." She mumbled sheepishly, avoiding looking directly at Ashley. "Said something to me. That I disagreed with."

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ashley took a step back as Anzu blew a gasket at her mentor. They had apparently decided to say something that Anzu didn't like. Something they didn't want Ashley to hear. Ah, well, all that meant is that it wasn't important to her, and Anzu didn't like it either. Practically irrelevant then.

"Feels weird, knowing someone has their nose all in your business like that."

"Saying somethin' ya disagree with though? Whaaaaaaaaaat? I'm surprised people who do that haven't gone extinct."

Maybe a little humor could keep Anzu just a bit saner. Bit safer, too.

delayedMirth
Member Avatar
liar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great. Not even a day into the shitfest and Anzu was already being a fucking failure at keeping her emotions under control. Christ, was that all it took? One bitch reminding her that, hey, she was in the middle of a fucking deathmatch and should probably behave accordingly, as much as Anzu planned to completely disregard that reminder? Goddammit, she thought she was better than that.

It had to be just what the scum of the earth wanted to see, too. 'Hahaha, look at this stupid girl, completely losing her shit like that! This is fuckin' class-a entertainment, I tell you!' Fuck. Anzu didn't trust herself to reply to Ashley's comment until she had spent another minute calming down. She had to be especially careful from now on.

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, Ashley." Anzu said as innocently as she possibly could, given that it hadn't even been five minutes since her last explosion.

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Of course not, Anzu, I'm just ramblin'."

Ashley sighed and smiled. Anzu had worked so hard to always maintain her composure, at least look like she had a clear head. That was always something she could appreciate, Ashley never being one to hide her feelings very well. So seeing her like this had Ashley a bit worried about her. If she could snap like that so soon, the future didn't bring a lot of hope.

Ashley walked over to her friend and gave her a slight poke in the arm, wanting her attention.

"Hey, we're gonna be fine, alright?"

Ashley didn't like lying.

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((RBP3: Sarah Bourne continued from Tales to Tell ))

Sarah had been moving on and off for a while and she was tired. Everything had hit her at once on the beach and she'd bolted. She hadn't given it much thought at the time but things had been looking safe on the beach, Eden had been there and the Ramón guy hadn't seemed so bad. But it was too late to think about that stuff now. That was in the past and now she had to focus on her immediate and imminent future. The one where she was in SOTF-TV with only Chip to protect herself.

She hadn't been moving with any kind of coherence and eventually her movements brought her to what looked like a museum. She slowed down as she passed through the doors and let her pack fall off her shoulder as she fell onto the floor. Exhausted from the run, she had sprinted the whole way and it had taken a toll. She rolled onto her back and lay there looking up at the ceiling, she could still feel the cold and wet where the tears had been. Running had solved nothing in the end. She was still a mess, pushing herself up into a sitting position Sarah sniffed and rooted around in her bag.

Once her hand came into contact with Chip she pulled him out and looked into his unblinking eyes for the second time that day. She didn't know what she expected to find, maybe it was just the fact they didn't blink and didn't judge, they just looked.

"I don't know what to do Chip." She whispered as she placed her forehead onto the potato head. "I don't know." She sat there with her eyes closed for a while. Just thinking, sorting through her thoughts and sorting herself out. Eventually she pulled her head away and put Chip back into her bag.

Standing up she grabbed her bag and moved around the room, she ran her eyes over it but didn't take in any of the displays or memorabilia, it wasn't important to her. Eventually however she found what she was looking for, the glass lense of a camera. Sarah couldn't help but smile at the cliché of it all. She remembered rolling her eyes and sighing whenever someone started talking a camera and now here she was. She dropped her bag and waved at the camera.

"Hey...I'm, I'm Sarah Bourne and I'm a drummer from Whittree Secondary School but that isn't really important." Sarah let out a nervous laugh at how surreal the whole situation was. "The important thing is that me, Valerie Fitzroy, Anzu Sakamoto and Caroline Leveson are all in a band called Scarlet Devil Mansion. If you're interested we have an EP coming out soon digitally and uh..." She took a moment to compose herself. "And we have loads of songs up on YouTube, Band Camp and Soundcloud. So I guess...that was all I had to say really...Oh what the hell." Sarah reached into her bag and pulled out Chip, holding up so he was in clear view of the camera. Putting on a deeper voice she spoke again.

"I'm Chip the Potato Head and I think Scarlet Devil Mansion are one of the best young bands in years. So go buy their music!" Sarah placed Chip carefully onto the floor and bowed in front of the camera.

"Thanks for your time I guess." Then picking up Chip and her bag she moved away from the camera and further into the Aqua-Museum.
PV2.5
Dakota Hightower - - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
G19: Kris - - - - - - - Myopia

SOTF-TV2
SOTF: The Program V2
Virtua-SOTF

delayedMirth
Member Avatar
liar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah. You're right. Everything's... everything's going to be okay." Anzu said, repeating Ashley's lie mostly for her own benefit. Everything sure as hell was not going to be okay, but for the sake of her sanity, she had to try and delude herself for the time being. Sadly, deluding yourself was pretty fucking difficult when you were completely aware that you were trying to delude yourself. Layers upon layers of bullshit.

Thankfully, Anzu was soon distracted from the pessimism and self-loathing as someone elsewhere in the museum started talking. Her panic at having somehow missed someone during her initial search of the museum was quickly replaced by a happy sort of disbelief as she listened closer and realized holy fucking shit, that was Sarah talking.

Yeah, that was definitely Sarah, apparently giving a plug for the band. The girl herself soon appeared, carrying a Mr. Potato Head for some reason, but Anzu had long passed the point of being able to be surprised by anything that Sarah did. Anzu quickly stood up and waved, grinning for the first time since waking up. Holy shit, they were actually getting the band back together again! "Sarah! Hey!" Anzu called out. "Nice of you to stop by here!"

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anzu perked up, and Ashley could only raise her eyebrows as she waved to the new person. Sarah, one of the girls from SDM. A friend of Anzu's, so that was good. Might help out some. And was that a rainbow bandana on her? Yes, yes it was. Life likes pulling people's legs a bit too much.

She made no significant gesture towards Sarah, only nodding slightly towards her. She was a friend of Anzu's, not a friend of hers. Maybe that would change, but that's what it was now. They were teammates and not much else. Logically, Sarah would be important then Anzu given the situation, but she wasn't, no sir.

"Nothin' good, nothin' bad, just another face."

Ashley decided to turn around and keep look-out for now. Let Anzu and Sarah enjoy themselves, might as well. Meanwhile, she could spot other faces if needed. Maybe somethin' good, maybe somethin' bad, but all kinds of faces were gonna pop up sometime.

Deamon
Member Avatar
How I Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The museum/aquarium thing was in pretty dire need of some reconstruction in Sarah's opinion, since it was booorrring. There was nothing interesting in the whole place. There was stuff celebrating the family who owned or founded the resort she guessed and then just memorabilia.

Then as she continued to look around she heard someone call her name. Not just someone, it was Anzu. Sarah's head whipped round so fast she was surprised she didn't give herself an injury. Sarah blinked once to confirm it wasn't some insane dream and that it was indeed Anzu. When she was still in front of her Sarah let herself celebrate.

Dropping her bag and placing Chip on the floor she rushed forward and leapt into what was perhaps her greatest attack hug ever.

"ANZU!"

Sarah almost started crying again but it quickly turned to laughter instead. She had found one of the band. Things were looking up. Now they just had to find Valerie and Caroline. "I'm so glad I found you." She whispered to Anzu before breaking off the hug.

Only after letting Anzu go did Sarah notice that Ashley Namath had been standing behind her the whole time.

"Hey Ashley!" She hopped backwards to her bag and Chip and picked them both up. "So...what have you guys been up to?"
PV2.5
Dakota Hightower - - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
G19: Kris - - - - - - - Myopia

SOTF-TV2
SOTF: The Program V2
Virtua-SOTF

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Aqua-Museum · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.