Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Tides of March; FINISHED, Day One Mid-Morning
Topic Started: Mar 19 2014, 02:53 PM (1,172 Views)
Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
((Diana "Dee" Dixon continued from Once Upon A Time))
Dee never cared much for fishes in the slightest. She hated the way they felt all slimy and slick when you pulled them off of the hook. She hated how you’d have to kill it “mercifully” by bashing it’s poor, dumb little fish head in. She hated the way their eyes glazed over. Her only references for fishes were the odd fishing trips Papa, Gary and Larry used to take her on. She’d never owned a pet fish in her lifetime.

It was what made dicking around in an aquarium even more strange. There was no sign of life in these tanks. Pictures along the rim of the tanks hinted that beautiful numbers of fish once frequented these stale, empty tanks. Dee understood fish to come in few varieties; catfish, grouper, tuna, flounder, maybe the occasional salmon. But these fishes came with a multitude of unique names that matched their unique patterns. Vibrant blues with cute little yellow tails, or beautiful reds with tapered ruffled tails coated in patterned black spots, and, hey, this one. Dee's finger stopped at one picture. Mama had once made Dee wear a dress that looked just like this fish for her cousin Becky's communion. Swear to God. It looked so much better on the fish's scales than it ever could have on Dee. She laughed her first laugh in what felt like forever. I wonder how many of those I get left.

The only thing that Dee had waiting for her in the Aquarium were large tanks of nothing. Fishes had been carried out long before any of the students had arrived. None of the patterned fishes that the pictures had any trace of existence left behind. Not even a scale could remind Dee of the life that had once flourished in these tanks.

It wasn't worth a damn anyway. Dee wasn't exactly the type that fussed over the prettier things in life. From her tattered knock-off converse shoes, to the graceless plaid that her Mama used to always fight Dee about wearing.

Dee flopped onto a nearby bench. It was still too cold for her to fully stretch out her legs, else she want to shake like a chihuahua shitting out a peach pit, so she confined her knees up to her chest, contorting into a ball in order to keep some of the escaping body heat trapped in.

Too bad the refracting light off of the tanks didn't keep her warm. Sure they covered her in a pale blue light that looked like the sky on the most beautiful sunny day, but she didn't feel a lick of the warmth. She shook a little bit as a chill travelled up her spine, but otherwise she'd settled into her temporary position.

Nothing seemed to be permanent as far as the show went. Everything would be a danger zone soon enough. Dee couldn't wait it out here forever, could she? She lobbed a fistful of Skittles into her mouth before continuing the thought. Dee reckoned that she'd eventually have to leave and face the cold. The longer she avoided people, the more likely it was that she'd be left alone amongst a whole squad of players. Yet playing it in the other direction clearly didn't work. She'd seen: two guns, two guys as giant as the Mississippi, Vack-huh and his bad boy tattooed frame, a boy in a silly black dress, and now an empty fish tank that was suddenly a comfort. Everything was twisted here.

Dee extended her legs away from her core, letting her sore feet rest a little bit. They'd been awake and running for mere hours, yet Dee had already exhausted a lot of her nerve running from crud situation to crud situation. Maybe she could relax for a short while here.

While she lay about on the unforgiving wooden bench, she reckoned back, forth, up and down about the situation she'd been dealt.

She didn’t have a gun, nor could she reasonably get one. She was short and everyone was so big and strong, and aggressive, Dee added as an afterthought. Even if she did run into people who weren’t strangers, how well did she really know them? She couldn’t know Vahka, or anybody else at her school for that matter. She’d had friends, sure, but none enough to trust with her hide.

Dee wasn’t scared anymore, though. It was just a damn inevitable. There were multiple scenarios that played on repeat in Dee’s head. Each showed her multiple ways of how someone could get the jump on her and finish her off like a flopping fish. She couldn’t imagine any where she got out of this with blood on her hands. She was probably going to die here.

So while she waited for the inevitable to happen, couldn’t she just enjoy her last moments alive? Dee popped another fistful of skittles into her mouth and then rolled over onto her side.

"At least the water looked pretty. Them fish must have enjoyed it. Looks warm, too." The girl spoke to no one in particular. At least, as far as she was aware.
Edited by Shangela, Mar 19 2014, 03:36 PM.
Posted Image
Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards
But deep down, all you really want is love
The pure kind, we all dream of.
But we cannot escape the past,
So you and I will never last

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
SOTF-TV2 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((CJ3: Asa Rosen continued from This Show Jumped the Shark Years Ago))

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Asa did find what looked like some chaos in the cafe area of the museum. There was a puddle on the floor, but no body, and nothing important.

Well, this was a waste of time. I bet the viewers are laughing at me.

Asa shook his head. This was so dumb. He had already walked out of the office, prepared to be a looter or a fighter, put on that stupid poncho, and there was nothing to show for it. He could feel his face getting red. That's when he perked up.

Wait, duh. This could have been the start of some bullshit that they took elsewhere in the museum. I better patrol the museum and see.

Asa walked out of the cafe area and began to walk through the museum. It was easy: one sweep through, then back to the office to pick the dirt out from under his fingernails or something equally tedious to pass the time. He made his way back to the exhibit area. That was likely where anyone would go if they tried to run away from any dangerous idiots.

He walked in and noticed someone on a bench, looking at some of the empty tanks. There was a short, brown haired girl. She couldn't be someone from Davison. Asa would remember seeing a little person around the halls of that school. She was probably a stunt by the producers. Take a little person, throw her in the game, and then watch as someone eviscerates her or chucks her off a tall building. Asa rolled his eyes thinking about it. He was sure that was something the producers of this shitty show would do. They could probably hide behind the cover of "well, we don't discriminate in our casting process!" to justify such dumbassery.

Still, she didn't look dangerous. Asa was short, but he still had a few inches on the girl, plus a weapon that could intimidate her if need be. She didn't look like she had anything that immediately posed a threat to his life, so he was sure he could call out to her.

"You really need to be more careful," he shouted towards the girl. "You don't know what kind of crazy idiots the chumps behind this show would pick to play."
Mini Art

Former characters

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
Everything was so nice and quiet. Aside from Dee’s breathing, the only thing she had to accompany her in the silence was a subtle, delightfully calm sloshing of the tanks. She was fit to curl up and take a nap if she weren’t so on edge. Could you imagine sleeping after the gas wore off? Dee always wondered how anyone on the show could catch a wink after finding out they were in a three day free-for-all death match. Unfortunately, Dee would have to find out eventually. She couldn’t just stay awake for three days, right? Maybe if her assigned weapon was a twelve pack of those five hour energy things instead of that awful foam sword she was given.

Dee was about to resign herself back to the comforting sound of the water, when a door craned open. Dee whipped her head around back so fast, she could swear she almost got whiplash.

The boy walked in and looked just as surprised to come across her as she was to see this large boy just thunder in. Yet another unfamiliar face. Dee reckoned she could write the whole damn yearbook for the other school at this rate. The first two had a gun, pointed too close away from the floor as Dee would have liked. This boy didn’t have such an immediately noticeable weapon, but Dee couldn’t be all peaches and roses around him either. Especially as he was shouting.

“I reckon you’re not one of them crazy idiots, then.” Dee forced a smile. A disarmingly nice smile, she liked to think, but the message conveyed behind it was a bit too sarcastic. Maybe he was an idiot for not taking her out while he had the jump on her, but she could appreciate the mercy. “Thanks for the heads-up, pal.”

Dee studied him up and down, making a mental checklist. He didn’t jump out at her, charging like a bull. That was a plus. He was fat and greasy looking. Not that Dee should be allowed to criticize someone else’s appearance as a negative, otherwise making her a huge hypocrite, but that still was a minus. He called out to her, warning her to be careful. That was a plus. He also didn’t seem to be one of those “crazy idiots” that those jerk producers picked out. Another plus.

Congratulations beardy, you’ve won Dee’s attention.

“So I take it you’re here for the lovely view.” Dee motioned towards the empty fish tanks with the free hand. She’d only noticed upon raising it how much the dye from the Skittles had stained it. She’d wipe it off on her jeans with all the grace of a wet hen.
Posted Image
Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
SOTF-TV2 Characters

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Asa smirked. The girl was right about him. He wasn't one of the crazy idiots every season of this stupid show had. He was going to be smart. The girl could at least see that.

"No, I'm not really here for the views," he said. "I heard some commotion in here a little while ago, so I'm walking around to see what that was about."

Asa lifted his arm up, brushing past the poncho and adjusted his glasses.

"Still haven't found anything yet, so I've yet to believe anyone has died here."
Mini Art

Former characters

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
Dee reckoned that the boy had his reasons for coming here. Certainly the unimpressive aquarium wasn’t enough of a prize to visit. “Funny, I usually avoid the sound of a commotion. Are you so certain you’re not an idiot?”

Maybe with a better weapon draw, Dee would have been more inclined to blindly check up on every racket she came across, but as it stood, silence was golden. Silence meant that Dee wasn’t getting hurled around like a football, or shot up like a skeet shooting game.

“I didn’t really see nothing when I walked in just a few minutes ago. I guess that whoever was causing a ruckus left a bit ago.” Truth be told, Dee had been there less than a hot minute. She’d just set her bag down and started snacking when beardy walked in.

“I can’t believe that people are already acting up. We’ve been here for hours and dumbasses are already taking shots?” Mama would be mad that she’d cussed on tv, but who cared? It’s what they were, dumbasses. The gas hadn’t even fully worn off, but here they were, getting madder than a mule chewing on bumblebees. She couldn’t understand how fights were already being picked.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh no. She called him an idiot. Asa couldn't believe it. How could she call him an idiot when she didn't have all the facts about the situation? He was prepared to lose it, but she kept talking. Good. Let her talk. Then when she's done, he could correct her errors.

The girl said she didn't see anything inside the place, before voicing her exasperation with the idiots already playing the game.

"Yeah, they are really stupid. Playing stupid early is never the way to go. Doing that will only either put a target on your back or get you killed in a hilariously awful fashion."

Asa then let out a small cough. He had an error to correct.

"Oh, and the commotion was a while ago. I waited until I was sure no one was here before I walked out. I mean..."

Asa held the brush axe up from under the poncho, showing it to the short girl.

"... I'm already assuming the worst of my classmates. They're not making me feel better about this scenario."
Mini Art

Former characters

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
The boy’s face twisted. That type of expression meant one of two things. Either he just crapped himself (which would make Dee second guess the sandwich that rested suspiciously in their bags), or Dee’d done gone and pissed him off with her off handed teasing.

Shit. Dee thought to herself, settling on the obvious latter. Growing up with two smart-ass brothers and a family of four men, Dee learned quickly to throw back some fire. Her Mama never scolded Gary, Larry or Bee when they got sassy, but the second Dee did it, she was being “bossy.” It wasn’t a fair concept, having to be ladylike when the boys were poking their fun at her.

Now Dee wished she’d paid a bit more attention.

“I-I was just playing with you. I’m sorry.” A flicker of fear skirted around her words. The reveal of the very real and very sharp-looking axe could do that. The message he gave with it was enough to get anyone to piddle themselves.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I ran into one of them Mexican standoffs between two guys from your school just a couple hours ago. At this point, everyone’s given me the spooks.” Of course she’d side with him. She’d already put her foot in her mouth enough for one lifetime, let alone one day on this island. There was only so much she could get away with before luck ran out.

“It sounds like you have this whole thing thought out. Hiding out, avoiding rustles until after they’ve up and gone. I wish I had a lick of that sense.” Flattery, however slight it was, could mean the difference between someone watching her back, or burying an axe into it.

“You watch this show a lot?”
Edited by Shangela, Mar 19 2014, 10:34 PM.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shit, was I making a face? Dammit, I got to be better at hiding my emotions.

"It's fine," he said, closing his eyes, "I didn't take it as an insult."

Asa hoped that at least gave her the view that he was a calm guy. She seemed to be on point for this game. She walked away from a fight between guys from his school (once again confirming that the people at his school were idiots). The girl was also kind enough to complement his strategy. He almost laughed at that. This girl was doing alright by his book so far. She then asked if he watched the show.

"Well, I do watch it when it occurs. I don't consider myself a real 'fan,'" he said, doing air quotes with his free hand.

"Like, I'll watch the show and I do have some fun watching it, but generally my focus is watching it as a critic and less someone who gets a boner from bloodshed. I mean, this is a huge-ass project that's been running for nearly fifteen years and has huge social and political ramifications to it. It's a big statement on our society at the present and something that will probably shape our history in the years to come. It's a fascinating thing to study and write about, especially when the new seasons roll around and I can write long dissertations on it."

Asa stopped talking. He could feel like he was starting to gush about the show, since his voice was picking up and he was talking faster the more he said. He couldn't make anyone think he was okay being here.

"Of course," he said, regaining his composure, "at the moment, I'm feeling like that Green Team mentor from last season because I want to just scream and bitch at everyone who supports this show and had something to with this horse shit. Seriously, fuck all of them."
Mini Art

Former characters

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
A simple, easy-peasy answer of “Well yeah, Dee, I do partake in the show quite a bit” would have been good enough. It also would have saved the boy from winding himself over a whole rant. Good lord, the fastest possum must have been jealous with the speed this boy’s tongue could rattle off those big words that went a heck of a ways over Dee’s head. She tried her best to nod politely, maybe even a little bit too keenly, in order to distract from her glazed over dead eyes.

“Mmhm. Mmmhm.” Dissertation was like, a long paper, right?

But then the boy said something that Dee could really latch onto. Fuck all of them. Dee had been thinking the same thing since the second she’d woken up cast on this damn show. The boy was taking the words right out of her mouth. Granted he was making them all hoity-toity with his big words, but still. They felt the same way.

This guy was different than the others.

Dee was thinking back to those first two boys she met in the bowling alley. It hadn’t been a hot minute, yet they were standing with guns in hand, plan in mind. Right off the bat, they’d liked a strategy of sorts. That one boy, the one who’d been left behind, gave such a look that said “Gee Dee, you seem keen and all, but you’re not going to help me win this one.”

Then the second guy with the dress. He was less about staying alive like the first guys, but he was more focused on the tv aspect. It was something always sitting around in the back of Dee’s head; they were on tv. Someone in their living room was going to point out at Dee’s figure on screen and say “Mama, Mama, look how little she is.” That guy knew he had the whole audience behind him too, except he wanted to make a scene.

Dee missed both these messages. Everyone was so prepared, so ready. They knew how to plan ahead for victory. Those were the types of guys that survived. They’d probably been planning out this damn situation since they were crapping in their diapers. But Dee wasn’t like them. Dee didn’t have even a lick of that strategy. She wasn’t supposed to get picked.

She thought she’d been the only one unprepared and mad at being there, but sure enough beardy was fit to raise some hell too. She didn’t even know his name, but she could already start to like him a bit. He knew all about this show, yet he was still flipped about it.

“I’m not at all keen on those high cotton jerks in their fancy little offices, neither. Of course they don’t give a lick what we think about being cast on their little show. Plenty of kids would give their left tit to get their shot at fifteen minutes on tv. I woulda been just peachy with bein’ another nobody.” At least then she would have gotten to be something.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well, I don't know about being a nobody," Asa said, "but this isn't how I want to be known. I remember reading this quote from a former child star who said she wanted to be famous but not a celebrity, wanting to be known as a writer and playwright. That's my case. I'd like to be known for my critical writing and maybe win a Pulitzer or be a bestselling author. Sure, this show could elevate me to the spotlight if I somehow manage to survive, but the odds are stacked against me, and I certainly don't want my name attached to this shit."

"But I agree, there are people who'd wish they could be on this show. Seriously, they might as well ditch the class abduction thing and hold open casting call. Then they can abduct the contestants from all over the country and..."

Asa had to stop talking. This was all being recorded. Everything he said was being shown to millions of Americans. The producers were probably taking notes from what he was saying.

"...you know what? Fuck it. I'm not giving these jackasses any ideas."

Asa crossed his arms and looked for the nearest camera. That eye in the sky was really getting on his nerves. He could try his hardest to ignore it, but the presence still lingered. That's when he raised and eyebrow and smirked towards the camera. He turned back to the girl.

"So, I get the idea that you might be one of the smarter people in this game," he said. "If you're as pissed about this game as I am, how do you feel about giving these folks a real show?"
Mini Art

Former characters

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
I wonder if that Karen Ruiz girl wanted to be known for what she did on the show. Dee let herself mull that one over. The girl took down ten whole people. Dee’d imagined that you’d have to be some special kind of determined to go out and hound down that many people. This girl probably was all chuckles that she was the most famous murderer since Jessie the Kid.

Dee didn’t even wanna be famous if it meant doing that. Killing in the name of saving your hide was one thing, maybe. But this girl went out like a hound outta hell. She was eating these kids up like her stomach’d thought her throat’d been cut.

“Yeah, I don’t wanna be famous for this crud either. Heck, I’d be fine not being famous at all. Alive would be a nice start.” Dee crossed her arms in a huff. She never asked for any of this casting. The boy agreed with her. Somebody actually had a lick of sense to realize how utterly fucked this game was. Beardy was different. He knew this game just as well as everybody else did. He just didn’t let himself get sucked into the attention like seemingly everybody else did.

“I wouldn’t say I’m all that smart, but I am damn sure fit to be tied.” Dee got decent grades, but she wasn’t a rocket surgeon by any means. She was just an average teenager, she reckoned. People her age were supposed to be worrying about pimples, prom and all those pointless worries that teenage magazines liked to ramble on about. She shouldn’t have to be planning how to get out of here.

“I’ll take you up on that, chuckles. I’m not gonna just sit here and wait for someone in a dress to come take shots at me.” Dee paused to turn at the camera. Everyone would be watching them now. Escape was always the fantasy, but it seemed like a sweet little lie she’d tell herself before she got killed off. Now it seemed like maybe, just maybe, they’d have a smidgeon of a possibility. The boy was smart, Dee was determined. At the very least, trying was better than sitting on her thumbs.

“You’re the ideas guy, buddy. I reckon you can come up with the plan.” In the forefront of Dee’s mind, the fact that he’d been a stranger was always something she’d have to chew her cud over. But now that constant concern was being edged out with hope. She didn’t care that they were strangers. He was all she had; excluding that confounded foam sword.

“Oh, buddy I don’t actually know your name. I can’t keep calling you buddy, or beardy for too long now, can I?” Dee paused, remembering that Miss Manners always said to introduce yourself first. “I’m Dee. Short for Diana. Dee Dixon sounds a bit more right to me.”
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Nice to meet you, Dee," Asa said. "I'm Asa. Asa Rosen."

"Well, as for plan, I don't have anything concrete yet, but I have some suggestions for what to do."

Asa walked over to the bench Dee was sitting. He wanted her to understand what he was about to say to her.

"The producers of this show looked at us and thought 'canon fodder.' They picked us because they were sure we would be interesting to kill off, or they thought they could pull some twisted story from us. The chubby blogger who suddenly racks up ten kills, the short girl who gets decapitated, they've thought of every permutation."

"However, I think there's a lot else that we can do besides what they have in mind for us."

Asa knelt to the ground, hoping to get eye level with Dee.

"While we're in this arena, we can do anything we want as long as we don't try to go outside the arena limits or intentionally destroy the cameras. They've given us carte blanche to use the arena to our whims. The owners of this place have probably insured it to hell and back, and you know the sick fans of this show will flock here once the game is over, so it really doesn't matter what we do to this place."

Asa pushed his glasses up, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Once he adjusted his glasses, he continued to speak.

"So. Dee. Perhaps we take advantage of our once-in-a-lifetime chance to visit this resort and be on TV to do a little civil disobedience. Do you think we can find spray paint and gasoline somewhere?"
Mini Art

Former characters

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Caroline Leveson continued from First Impressions))

Funny, how the first thing she'd thought when she'd woken up was that no one was watching. She'd known that wasn't true, in the back of her mind. The cameras, the crowd that they implied, it was all there in front of her. Everyone was watching. After all, this was Survival of the Fittest.

This was a performance now, whether she liked it or not.

There were guidelines, things that she needed to remember. A major rule of performing, for example - not to let the cracks show. When a mistake was made, a forgotten lyric or a note slightly off tune, the best thing to do was to keep going. To flinch, to wince, that only amplified the mistake. It was about image, but it was about mindset, too. The only thing that would help was to keep focusing on what happened next, and make sure things ended up correct the next time around.

There were already regrets. Actually leaving Valerie with Michael and Lily was the newest one. Caroline had waited for a little while behind the cabana, thinking perhaps she'd finally reveal herself after a while, but had then realized several things. They had said they were grouping up, and Michael had made a pretty convincing point about safety in numbers, no matter how stupid his "friendly" statement had been earlier. Val would be safe with those two, at least for now.

If Caroline knew her friends right (that wasn't really an "if"), Valerie and Sarah were actually pretty well off. They were good with people, had friends and probably even admirers. They'd stay safe for a long while. Anzu, though... She wasn't the type to group up, and loners got picked off quick. So the best bet was to find Anzu, bring her back. No, find both Anzu and Sarah, and then bring them both back to Val's group, which would be easy to find because Caroline knew everyone in it. Even better. Logically, the choice to leave had made some amount of sense.

Still, leaving Valerie behind was hard, and it left a bad taste in Caroline's mouth. What happened if Val wasn't going to be safe, if this gamble to find the others crashed and burned? Wouldn't it have been wiser to let Val know the plan in advance?

That was where the rule came in. There wasn't enough time to deal with regrets. In the future she could correct for any mistakes... she hoped.

This was a performance, but as she walked down the boardwalk, trying to push the worries out of her mind, she was keenly aware that the situation was real.

She wasn't surprised to find that the first building she approached had people inside of it. Approaching a little closer, intending to listen in and identify them, she became aware that she was standing where they could see her through one of the windows. They'd probably seen her at this point, and the words of spray paint and gasoline hung in the air. The risk was that if she ran now, they'd get suspicious. It sounded like they were going to act up somehow; she didn't want them acting up on her.

Caroline took a few more steps forward and tapped on the door frame with her fire iron, as casually as she could. "Knock knock," she said lightly. "Burning something?"
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V2:
Audrey McKee -- F11 -- Weighted Leather Glove -- Alive -- Semper Fi

Rest in Peace

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
“H-Hey. Who says you’re the one that gets the sudden ten kills? How come I’m the one that gets beheaded?” Dee stuck her tongue out at her new ally, one who’d just introduced himself as Asa. While she was pretending to be jokingly offended, the words preceding them actually had hurt.

The producers thought her life was a joke. That was the real reason why she was picked all along. There wasn’t a mistake. They’d given her a foam sword. She was up shit’s creek without a paddle and it was all according to plan. To them, Dee was just something to gawk and laugh at until she was dead. Asa had said it on eye-level with such a sense of seriousness, Dee couldn’t help but believe him. He was on a similar level, too. The chubby kid and the little girl. They were everybody’s laughing stock.

“Y-You know, maybe I’ll get those ten kills, mister. I can come at them like. . . like. . .” Dee set her Skittles down by her side. With both hands free, she grasped the sides of her plaid over-shirt and hung the edges outwards like wings. “Like a flying squirrel!”

Dee didn’t notice that she’d teared up until after a single tear escaped the duct and fell down her cheek. As if it were acid, Dee’s hands recoiled and brushed up against her eyes. Must be dusty. She conjured up an excuse, but it didn’t seem worth it.

She was mad. She was sad. Everything was a mess of confounded fucked-up. But Asa said that they didn’t have to take it. They could raise a little bit of hell before all was said and done. She wasn’t going to be anybody’s joke.

It seemed that they had company. Dee couldn’t place the voice immediately, and assumed that it was another kid from Asa’s school. However, she suddenly became familiar as Dee fixed onto her.

“We’re fit to be tied. Pissed off to holy heck that we’re stuck here. Asa here thought we might raise a ruckus while we’re stuck here. You know, get a little bit of revenge for being dragged onto this tropical island in the middle of damn winter.”
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dee looked like she took Asa's assessment pretty hard. She tried to make a joke, but Asa figured that she was processing what he said. He could understand her grief. This was a fucked up game, and a good number of the people here were probably in tears. He was too angry to be sad, so he could save his tears for later.

He heard a knocking noise and turned around, noticing another girl nearby. He didn't know her, leaving him to assume she was from the other school. She heard about their discussion and wanted to know more.

"Yeah, what she said," Asa said, following Dee. "We don't have a way out, but we can do anything we want here as long as we obey some rules. Thus, we're thinking about trashing this place."

Asa stood up and faced the new girl.

"If you're as pissed as we are, would you like to help us out? Do you have anything highly flammable on you?"
Mini Art

Former characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Aqua-Museum · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.