Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Program v1 Read-A-Thon; Mini needs some love~
Topic Started: Mar 18 2014, 01:24 PM (2,534 Views)
Bikriki
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Ohm: Brendon Arrington
Program v2
O F21: Amanda White DEAD (Hedge Clipper)
||Awakening|Cowardice|Reflection|Rising|Meeting|Return||

TV v2
Vincent Holway GIVEN AWAY (Bolo Knife) |>=<
Lisa Toner DEAD ||Ladies|Boys||

SCDos
Amanda White ALIVELaing - Zeig Deine Muskeln
||Fashion||
Vincent Holway DEAD
||Impressions|
Summary: Vincent's meat gets engulfed by a warm hole, finished by a warm fluid entering his throat, the woman in question is impressed for once
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwoThirty(e)
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, Wendy feels like a character that I should pity, and I did. I think it kinda worked, because the narrative was cool and made me feel for her. I think she was intended to be innocent and cheery, which worked, I guess. I mean, she was barely thinking about the Program so her game was a shock. She's also a good hearted character, hating bullying and insults and was generally a friendly and cheery character. She also tried to cheer the group up by the wrench-pipe joke, I guess.

Her "sober language" was also nice, often alluded during the game (when she called Sheri a bitch in her thoughts and was ashamed, avoiding words, and euphemizing dying with hurting and so on). And as Sheri offended her by calling her just an idiot, it made her first scene very cool, although it just lead to her leaving the thread. In combination with the fact that she's sometimes seen as a dumb blonde, it worked well and made me feel for her. But yeah, her first scene with Sheri was neat. The usual waking up scene. She got attacked and...well "insulted" by Sheri for the weapon (that was originally Sheri's which is a nice scene idea as well). But yeah it was cool, both of them were hiding from Jessica, then Sheri escalated and sad Wendy went away :c

What I also liked was that you did not actually had to read the profile to get her, as stuff from the profile gets implemented in the game (her baking in the first thread, her "reputation" was explained, the upbringing of her father was also explained when she found her weapon, and so on). And yep, her profile's very excellent, it made me really know how she is and she's a more than 3 dimensional character and I think it fit in the Program-verse very neatly. Her father treating her like his son was also a neat idea and really made sense in this universe. I think her knowing how to fight could've been also lead to cool scenes, but yeah. Although she had no pregame, she could've had a cool one. I actually would've believed that she had one.

I thought it was neat that Wendy joined a thread with Dave, Jennifer and Megan in it, which could've lead to more interesting scenes, due to her reason to leave the first one. But, in her second thread she was just posted in 2 long posts (those however gave us more information about her character), one entering and one leaving post, with Megan following her. Also, Megan and the others tried to be nice, fortunately for Wendy. Maybe unfortunately for the audience of PV42.

But yeah, her narrative and thoughts were also really cool. And welp, her dialogues are also cool, like, she panicked and spoke much, panicked more and then cried :<. Yeah, she's a character I pity. So yeah in the third thread they meet Brendon and Chris, talked more (the dialogues gave Wendy more character to the readers), teamed up, searched the place for anything useful, as all of them had terrible weapons. Then the announcements came and the worst/best case scenario happened: A cool action scene. The only killer John Ferrera came with a gun and shot around, gun jammed and everybody but Wendy attacked John. Wendy was shot in the belly prior the gun jam and while she did not do much in the fight, she however had an epic death scene. The vehicle in the garage was shot, gasoline leaked, she put her skirt into the gasoline...Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, she also walked around in boys underwears since the second thread, because the skirt wasn't practical. I dunno why, maybe for comic-relief or awkwardness or because of realism or whatever or probably due to an OOC insider-joke I don't get (the wiki mentioned a lingerie that was also mentioned in a post). But yeah, it did not make too much sense, I think? Anyways, the gasoline leaked, she dunked her skirt in it, lit it on fire with Brendon's lighter and threw it. Kinda, actually she just dropped it and burnt herself, instead. But her death post was pretty neat and really gave me a last impression of poor Wendy. Later in the thread Chris also died cause he burned.

So yeah, I really loved her final scene. Fire, chaos, fight, action. Everything included. She felt like a strong character to me, despite being just in 3 threads.

Ohm
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]

Alright, let's do this!

Brendon was an entertaining presence throughout Program, he was a relatable and well written character who went trough a lot of hardships, among them was coming to terms with his attraction to Megan Jacobson and the fact that one of them has to die for the other to live.

Unfortunately that meant he played second fiddle to Megan a lot while she goofed around and acted wacky, and to me that's the biggest problem with Brendon's story. He spends most of it stuck to Megan, whose thought process was all over the place. While that doesn't mean they didn't have good scenes together, in particular their last one, means that a lot of his story is dedicated more to her than to him.

And before I forget, Brendon was revealed as the winner of the program a while back after it's endgame stalled out and went into development hell. Personally, I'm satisfied with him as the winner as he had a great story up till then, just sad we didn't get so see how it would have looked like written by the handler.

Overall Brendon is a good read, but I can't recommend him if you can't stand characters like Megan as she's pivotal for him. If you do, definitely read him.

Bikriki
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Ohm: Stephanie Mason
Program v2
O F21: Amanda White DEAD (Hedge Clipper)
||Awakening|Cowardice|Reflection|Rising|Meeting|Return||

TV v2
Vincent Holway GIVEN AWAY (Bolo Knife) |>=<
Lisa Toner DEAD ||Ladies|Boys||

SCDos
Amanda White ALIVELaing - Zeig Deine Muskeln
||Fashion||
Vincent Holway DEAD
||Impressions|
Summary: Vincent's meat gets engulfed by a warm hole, finished by a warm fluid entering his throat, the woman in question is impressed for once

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.