Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
First Impressions; Open
Topic Started: Mar 10 2014, 06:17 AM (2,077 Views)
Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Why do you care, Vincent?" There was exasperation, not venom, in her voice as Caroline gave up on trying to erase the tear streaks. All her rubbing had just made her cheeks more inflamed. "You don't have to live with people anymore."

Even if he didn't understand, the decision had made sense to her at the time. Valerie hated SOTF with a passion. Val was probably really angry, or really sad, and Caroline was here, with the stupid wet tear streaks on her face - it wasn't even about image. It wasn't about how she looked. Not this time. Around friends, around the band, those things didn't matter. Sweatpants? A bad hair day? Looking like an idiot after drinking orange juice? Whatever. After all they'd been through together, judging was the last thing that was going to happen.

But there was no way that Caroline was going to show Val she'd been crying because of SOTF, because the only thing worse than not being there was being there and making the situation worse. Val needed to be able to count on her, not realize that Caroline was equally as helpless, that she had no idea what to do right now.

It had to be better- was better that she stayed away. At least for now.

She slumped against the wall and avoided Vincent's gaze.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V3 Prologue:
Sylvia Veneski -- F32 -- Clothes Hanger -- Alive -- Stroke of Midnight

Auld Lang Syne
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sinnesloschen
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Valerie was crying. Lily was crying.

Michael didn't know how to handle crying. He was good at socializing. He was good at making people like him. He wasn't prepared to handle real emotion. Real sadness.

He looked back to where he was standing before. He couldn't see Vincent or Caroline, but he knew they were probably still there. He didn't understand either of them. He couldn't understand why Caroline was hiding, and he couldn't understand Vincent's attitude in general. If he couldn't understand them, how could he convince them to align with him? His earlier speech sure as hell hadn't worked.

"L-look guys..."

Valerie's and Lily's reactions were the only ones he really understood. He had to figure out how to work with them.

"It's not... we could..."

He couldn't be alone. He would die if he was alone.

"We... we don't have to die. We can find friends, teammates. Even... w-well, living is unlikely, but... crying isn't gonna do anything. We've gotta be optimistic, right? We're not dead yet."

Michael paused to think of what to say next. He could only hope that they would react better than Vincent had.

"The most important thing is that we stick together. We'll have a much better chance of surviving that way. And a better chance of finding people."

He looked from Valerie to Lily and back to Valerie. He was trying to see their reactions, but instead he noticed their bandannas. They were on the same team. His heart sank. Even if they calmed down, would they align with him? They didn't need him.
PV3 Prologue
PV3
TV2

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
this avatar satisfies me so well
[ *  *  *  * ]
Valerie sat, listening to Michael trying to reassure her.

Valerie didn't understand. What was he trying to do? There was... there was nothing reassuring about this situation. She couldn't grasp how anything was fine.

Even if they did find friends... no, if only one of them would leave alive, then wouldn't finding friends make it worse, watching them die?

Valerie didn't understand. She didn't know if she even wanted to see her friends anymore.

"I don't want to watch them die," she muttered.
EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!!!

Second Chances V2:
Clair Belvedere - Box of Condoms - Hanging back in Earth Sky From Venus
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

Dr. Freud
Member Avatar
"Feed my anger with children. Feed my lust with bikini food."
[ *  * ]
The boy—she was pretty sure his name was Michael—was trying to comfort them. They were in the middle of a death match, and here he was, trying to keep their spirits up. He was trying to point out the good things; they were still alive, and it would be easier to find their friends if they stuck together.

Lily felt an unexplainable wave of affectionate relief well up inside her. She was terrified out of her mind, and probably this guy was too. However, he was trying his best to look on the bright side, to not let fear get to him. Lily sniffled back her sobs, and wiped her face with the sleeve of her sweater, already beginning to feel embarrassed about her breakdown. She hated crying in front of people.

For the first time since encountering them, Lily glanced at their bandanas. Valerie's was purple, Michael's was red. He didn't seem to care about the team thing either, putting more stock in actual human relationships. She felt another wave of affection for him. It was funny, if they were still in school, she never would have thought twice about him; he'd just be another person in class. It was amazing what a little kindness at the right time could do.

Then Valerie said that she didn't want to watch her friends die. Lily tensed up, suddenly scared again. This was another truth that she had been trying to avoid. At first, the idea of Dougie's death had seemed impossible to her. He was just so...solid. Not just his hulking figure, but his personality. While some of the other people that she knew had gone through some pretty radical personality changes over the years, Dougie had always been himself. He'd matured some over the years, and had changed some, but he was still always Dougie. He was always there. She couldn't imagine him not being there.

Lily also wasn't stupid. Dougie was a flesh and blood human being like everyone else, and humans were surprisingly fragile. Moreover, he was a good person, and good people didn't make it out of this game. She didn't know where he was, she didn't know who he was with, and until the first announcement, she couldn't know if he was still alive.

She shivered, and suddenly she felt like crying again. As the tears began welling in her eyes again, however, she shoved them back down. She needed to get a grip on herself. If she kept letting her emotions control her, she would be dead within the hour. She needed to do something that she hated doing: she needed to ignore the truth. She couldn't afford to think about the fact that she was going to die. She couldn't think about the fact that Dougie was probably going to die. All that she needed to do right now was find him.

Lily glanced at Michael again. On one hand, she was incredibly wary of staying with other people. Unless you were able to be inside someone's head, there was no way to tell if they were completely trustworthy. On the other hand, she couldn't imagine any possible motive for Michael and Valerie to be acting like this if they were killers. They both seemed sincere. Also, the thought of being with other people was alarmingly comforting to her right now.

It would also probably take her longer to find Dougie if she was working with other people, all of whom had different people that they cared about. Working with other people meant compromise. It would probably be faster to search alone. Right now, though, she was terrified of being alone.

Primarily addressing Michael, she said, “We need to come up with a plan, and we need to get moving.”

((Lily Ashburg continued in Not Your Scheduled Programming))
Edited by Dr. Freud, Apr 25 2014, 08:58 AM.
Lily

"Hero will never give up, never hide, never be defeated, never accept evil." --Samurai Flamenco
"Love is all about flowers and sunshine and puppies and nipple clamps." -Rubix, "Truth About Love" Tour 2013
"You are not allowed to mess with my profile!" - Irene 2014
"Words, words, words. Once I had a gift." --Shakespeare in Love
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Bikriki
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
"Because..."

Vincent looked at Caroline, her face red and decorated with tears. She avoided his eyes, so much was clear. Something must have happened. Something between Caroline and Valerie and why did he even care?

There was a bunch of useless idiots standing around him, weeping and lamenting and not getting their damn shit together. Well, fine. Their fault. Vincent had no idea what Caroline's problem was, but he shouldn't care about it either. Maybe there was some unknown factor making their situation worse, though Vincent sure as hell would not let himself be drawn into some stupid drama.

He had goals. Sure, he was in a grotesque game, but that didn't mean that he would lose his mind. Being around these people didn't exactly help, however.

"Alright, not my problem. I'll just pack my things."

Vincent returned to his cabana. As he equipped his bag, he contemplated whether he maybe should just stay where he was and close the door. He knew that he wouldn't be able to concentrate at all, knowing that there were multiple emotionally instable people outside, though. Such a shame.

[Vincent Holway, continued in Once upon a Time]
Program v2
O F21: Amanda White DEAD (Hedge Clipper)
||Awakening|Cowardice|Reflection|Rising|Meeting|Return||

TV v2
Vincent Holway GIVEN AWAY (Bolo Knife) |>=<
Lisa Toner DEAD ||Ladies|Boys||

SCDos
Amanda White ALIVELaing - Zeig Deine Muskeln
||Fashion||
Vincent Holway DEAD
||Impressions|
Summary: Vincent's meat gets engulfed by a warm hole, finished by a warm fluid entering his throat, the woman in question is impressed for once

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
As Vincent retreated, Caroline said nothing.

She didn't know what she had expected from him. He was just a dumb asshole. They'd talked once seriously in a cafeteria and he'd said things and she'd said things and they'd both come off a little stranger for it. As if that had changed anything. As if that had any real significance in the long run. The more things changed, the more they stayed the same.

Just a dumb asshole.

Her grip on the fire iron tightened. Relaxed.

Whatever. She hadn't wanted him around anyway.

A short peek told her that Val was still around the corner, from what she could tell. Good. Then there was time to let the tear streaks fade. Time enough, perhaps, to get her thoughts straight, to make a list in her mind of the things she could do, the things she wanted to do. After all, the show might have just begun, but that wasn't an excuse to slack off.

Caroline leaned against the side of the cabana, and waited.

((Caroline Leveson continued in The Tides of March))
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V3 Prologue:
Sylvia Veneski -- F32 -- Clothes Hanger -- Alive -- Stroke of Midnight

Auld Lang Syne

Sinnesloschen
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, it was working. Kind of. It was working with Lily, at least.

Lily said that they needed a plan. Michael nodded, dropped his bag, and knelt down next to it. After a few seconds of rummaging through the bag, he took out his map of the resort.

"We can walk by this boardwalk area," he said, pointing at the map, "we can look through some of these buildings, see if we can find anyone there. Once we get past that, we can search some of the buildings in the northeast.

Michael looked up at Lily. "We don't have much in terms of weapons- they gave me a big net. But we have numbers. The people who've decided to play probably haven't found their teammates yet. It'd be risky for them to attack a group of three people by themselves, especially when there are a bunch of easier targets who are still alone. So, if we move quickly and don't interact with anyone who looks like trouble, I think we can avoid violence. For the first day, at least."

"That sound alright?" He glanced in Valerie's direction. Lily seemed like might be willing to go along with Michael, but he wasn't sure about Valerie.
PV3 Prologue
PV3
TV2

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
She sniffed.

As the other two discussed making some sort of plan, Valerie sat, pondering whether or not it was worth doing.

Valerie didn't want to die, but she didn't think she could kill anyone either. She felt trapped in an inescapable situation. Doing anything would just conflict her more and more.

But... she didn't want to do nothing either.

She breathed in, and in, and exhaled.

"Okay."

Second Chances V2:
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A harsh voice emerges from Valerie's collar.

"Hey, you. Let's not dwell on things, but you've got a lot of ground to make up right now. Playing happy families is just going to set you further behind. Take it however you want. Also that was a teammate, so... you might want to get on that."
~*~

Currently Showing

Previously on Namiravision

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I know... I know!" she said in reaction to the voice that had come from her collar. She screwed up, she got it. Being told so just confirmed her uselessness. She almost slumped again, but she couldn't show it. Not this time.

She stood up, trying to get her bearings before running after the girl that was supposed to be her teammate.

((Valerie Fitzroy continued in Not Your Scheduled Programming.))

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

Sinnesloschen
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Michael was startled by the voice that came out of Valerie's collar. That happened last season didn't it? He wondered if his own mentor would be helpful at all...

That thought was cut short as Lily and Valerie started heading off. Michael ran to catch up with them.

((Michael Robinson continued in Not Your Scheduled Programming))
PV3 Prologue
PV3
TV2

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cabana Cul de Sac · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.