Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Kal-El; Open
Topic Started: Mar 10 2014, 04:17 AM (1,308 Views)
Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He wasn't surprised.

((Davis Todd: VW3 - TV2 - Pilot))

Sure, he probably should be. Death game and all that. But he wasn't. It's not like it was exactly a stretch for his school to be picked, hell, was probably even encouraged by the executives or producers or whoever was in charge of picking schools. Sets up drama, shows that nobody is safe, etc. Some kind of fucked up form of equality.

"Some fuckin bullshit man."

That's not to say he wasn't angry about the whole thing. He never really got interested in this show. He really just hoped they picked the actual fans, maybe then they'd actually be happy. Evidently, that wasn't the case. Still, had to make the most of the bad situation, like his parents told him. He guessed he was kinda lucky that he woke up in a bowling alley. After fucking around for a bit he managed to find the Ultra Violet button. At least that was kinda cool.

Kinda.

Right now, he was just set on being the pinball wizard, letting the bowling balls bang themselves frantically against the bumper rails. They were already up when he had awoken, and he didn't really feel like messing with the machine to put 'em down.

Gutter.

Davis huffed softly, waiting for the bowling ball to return to him. He flicked the collar around his neck, the metal making a ringing sound as it was hit by his fingernail.

"So...what I gotta do now?"
PV3 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids! ~
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
this avatar satisfies me so well
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Christopher Schwartz continued from I'm Ready.))

Christopher slowly opened the door to the building, taking a look inside. Almost immediately he heard sounds emanating from what he presumed was one of the lanes.

Chris hefted his shotgun. If someone was here, and they weren't willing to talk, he had leverage.

"Who's there?" he called out.
EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!!!

Second Chances V2:
Clair Belvedere - Box of Condoms - Hanging back in Earth Sky From Venus
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Davis stared into the purple lights, waiting for his question to be answered.

Silence.

At that point, he just looked away, happy that his bowling ball returned him to once again. Maybe he'd start actually bowling seriously, rack up some points on the board.

Creaking door.

"Shit."

He squinted at the person entering the alley. With the UV rays on, they were practically glowing. Had a Shotgun. Good 30 or so lanes away, so that was nice.

Davis put down the ball on the floor for the moment, mind shifting between the chairs his bag laid and the gun in his back pocket.

"Just me, I guess." Davis yelled back.

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, he wasn't getting shot at. That was a plus.

On the other hand, the other guy had introduced himself as "just me", which didn't exactly fill Christopher with confidence.

He lowered the shotgun, but kept it at the ready, as he made his way over to the guy. As he got closer, he could better see who it was. He'd seen him around the halls in Davison. Couldn't quite put a finger on the name though. Darren? David? Something like that.

"Good job," he said sarcastically. "Condolences for having a name like that."

Second Chances V2:
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good Job.

Davis formed a mean frown as the words hit hit his ears. The hell was that suppose to mean? He didn't know, but it came off condescending.

Whatever. He could ignore that for now. Pretty much had to. Guy looked kinda like a loner type, real skinny, mop of hair. Never really having been good with faces or names for that matter, Davis struggled to remember the kid's name. They might have had a class before somewhere.

Davis scratched at his back, eyes not saying still.

"Thanks. Your name probably isn't just you, I'm betting."

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Nah," he said. "It's Christopher. Not Chris."

He eyed the guy up and down for whatever weapon he might have had on him.

"Having fun bowling?" he asked. "Uh... what did they give you, anyway?"

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Davis simply nodded.

"Christopher. Not Chris. Got it."

To the next question of what he got, Davis figured he should be honest at this point.

"Some karate uniform thing - Oh and this."

Saying that, Davis withdrew his weapon from his back pocket slowly, always aware of the blade. He didn't wanna be the guy who cut his own ass.

"Funky lookin', but it's somethin'. Flintlock Axe Pistol, the note said."

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
((IS1-Diana "Dee" Dixon START))

This stunk to high hell. This stunk so bad, it could knock buzzards off a tray of giblets. Every thing about this situation was wrong. Dee wasn’t able to be some TV warrior. She was barely four feet tall. The kids they drafted should be football stars, track athletes, or someone more capable. It should have been someone else, yet it was Dee that got chosen.

Oh, but the game wasn’t done getting it’s last licks in. It wanted to milk the comedic value of Dee’s situation as much as they darn well could. If she was going to be fodder, they’d make her chances as comical as possible. When Dee felt the first grasp of the prop sword they gave her, she almost cussed up a storm.

Instead, Dee’s first words to the American public. “Sugar snap. Sugar, sugar, mother-lovin’ suuuuuugar Snaaaaaaap” Mama would be proud. All those years of washing her mouth out with soap were worth a lick.

Her prop sword was as useless as a poopy-flavored-lollipop. Four feet and six inches, as the handle advertised, was fully taller than the girl who wielded it. It was big, blunt, and heavy. If Dee wanted to carry around something so obstructive, she might as well be carrying around a boulder.
Dee quickly abandoned it, not bothering to pick it up after her initial disbelieving grasp, and wandered elsewhere.

Immediately the girl turned around the side of the building and towards the entrance. She’d been a quick two seconds away from blindly charging in the front door, when her experience as a begrudgingly obedient viewer of the show caught up to her.

Where was her head at? Walking right into a dark room with no protection. Was she as dumb as dirt? That’s how you get shot at like a critter on the roof. Dee had to be extraordinarily careful as she navigated through the game.

Dee rearranged the bag’s exorbitant weight on her shoulder. Stumbling slightly with the inorganic weight, Dee managed to cross over towards the back entrance. With a bit of care, calm and caution, Dee slid through the ajar door and into the cheesiest disco-wannabe bowling alley Dee’d ever seen.

She could make fun of the hoity toity UV paintings, or the glowing pins with the alien-like color, but something else picked up the unnatural glow; the glint of two firearms. What Dee had wandered into, is a situation where two armed boys were casually chewing cud with each other.

Shit. Dee was allowed to recognize when she was utterly screwed. All she could do now was crane her body around the doorframe and hope that the boys didn't realize they had an eavesdropper. A secret onlooker about half their height.
Posted Image
Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards
But deep down, all you really want is love
The pure kind, we all dream of.
But we cannot escape the past,
So you and I will never last

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
SOTF-TV2 Characters

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Well, shit, that looks cool and all, but it's got to be impractical as all hell. Like, trying to aim with a weight hanging off the end. Know what I mean?"

Seriously, when it came to guns, that was probably way low-tier. If he wanted to be any accurate with it, he'd have to use two hands. And while that could technically work, that would be a hand he could be using for something else.

Not that he could talk, having a shotgun, but at least a shotgun is meant to be used with two hands.

He was about to voice these concerns when he heard the door creaking open. He quickly turned, the gun down but ready to come up.

"Who's there?" he called out.

Whoa, deja vu.

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Uh...no, no not really. I don't know a lot about guns."

Goddamn creaky doors.

Chris said the same thing he yelled when he came in. Shit, would it be like this all the time with this guy? That wouldn't make for good company. Did have a shotgun though, couldn't ignore that.

"...Might just be the wind - look, do you actually need something from me?

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
When you hunted, you weren’t allowed to make even a lick of noise. Dee’s father always cautioned her. Deer weren’t like people, after all. They’d been given the grace of hearing, in order to avoid getting pounced upon. Brain was a whole other area where they were wanting, but at least they could hear the threat coming. In order to successfully stalk out the prey, they had to be stealthier than any coyote, any bear, or any other terror that awaited the simple creatures in the wilderness.

SOTF TV wasn’t a lick different. Dee learned quickly the value of silence. Especially when the door betrayed her.

Creeeeaaaaakkkkk

Dee’s heart had stopped. Her chest clenched down on her. Breathing was hard. She could feel the adrenaline begin to run rapid through her veins. One of them heard something. Then, they both did. Dee would have to step out and plead for her life. In reality, when you were loud, all that happened was that the deer ran away, and Papa cussed up a storm. In this new, weird reality, being loud meant Dee could be the prey. She wasn’t a powerful stag. She was a small doe. No amount of force could change that.

Cautiously she set her bag down by her feet. If she were to face the firing squad, she’d need to look as pathetic as possible. She had no weapon; no strong ability of offer, no grand plan of Houdini-ing it out of here. She was walking to what seemed to be a surefire death. But then, the other boy’s voice interrupted her stride.

The wind.

Of course. They had their little Mexican standoff to deal with right now. The last thing they would focus on was a small bit of creaking. They were all being watched by millions through the live feed. What was one more person to them? Especially if Dee craned herself downward on the doorframe, concealing her presence from view. She’d angled herself aptly. She could see them, yet they hopefully couldn’t catch a glimpse of her. She sat on her heels, laying in wait. Maybe she'd join them, maybe she wouldn't. There was no harm in observing until she made her choice, was there?
Edited by Shangela, Mar 12 2014, 04:41 AM.
Posted Image
Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
SOTF-TV2 Characters

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"No, man, there's not... there isn't anything I need," he said, turning his head back over to face the boy.

"I'm here to offer something," he continued. "An alliance. We both have a weapon that could easily end the other. I'm offering to put my life in your hands if you're willing to put your life in mine."

He paused, looking him up and down, before you continuing.

"I don't know how good you think you are, but no one survives this game alone. Lone wolves, more often than not, are easily picked off."

"What I need is to make a group that can watch each other's backs. I don't know you that well, but that's fine. It's still better than being alone."

Then he raised his voice again, craning his neck.

"Listen, if there actually is someone there. Did you hear that? I'm not going to hurt you."

Turning back, he remarked, "Safety in numbers... yo."

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Truths are final...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
An alliance...

Davis didn't buy it.

"Yeah, no. About your whole offer thing, thinking about it, I actually don't want to my life to be cared by someone I don't know that well. Sorry, but that's the truth."

Something about him not being good enough, that he couldn't do this like a lone wolf. He almost smirked, thinking about his team bandanna.

"We do have teams for a reason, y'know. Maybe if we wore the same colors, I'd consider it, but we don't, so I won't."

Christopher yelled at the wind again.

"You want to get together with whoever comes by? That's all you man. Not me...indubitably."

With that, Davis grabbed his bag and kept his eyes trained on Christopher's hands, having his pistol steady at the hip and began walking away.

"But...yeah, be cool, stay safe...yeah."

He never dared to turn his back.

((Davis Todd: VW3 - TV2 - Continued Next Time In Prime))

Shangela
Member Avatar
I Fink U Freaky
[ *  * ]
One exited, one remained. Dee wouldn’t have the grace of waiting around before she made a choice. The crunch time was now; run out and follow the first guy, stick around and join the second, or take the third option of trucking on alone. Whatever she picked, it would definitely count.

For what it mattered, she didn’t know either of the two guys that casually chewed their cud; they must be from the other school. Great. Nobody I know. The more Dee thought about it, she realized that maybe it didn’t even matter. All they had to go on were their teams, if the producers were to be trusted. If neither were on her team, then she’d still have nobody to trust.

But the alternative would be to do it alone. Craning her head back to the door revealed a chilly frost that coated the back window. If she was dead set on avoiding everybody, she’d have to do a lot of walking around outside. It was colder than a witch’s tit out there. Eventually she’d have to go back inside and repeat this whole dilemma all over again.

At least this one offered an alliance.

All her slithering around had been for nothing; somehow he’d noticed that she was there. At this point, if she chose the nix option, she’d have to hoof it out of there before he walked her way. “Fudge that”

“H-hello?” Dee called out. She’d made her choice.

“I walked in just as that guy was hoofing it outta here.” She stepped out, revealing herself. She’d chosen to leave her bag behind. Maybe the more pathetic she looked, the less mad he’d be that she’d spent a good while stalking him out before saying anything.

“Did I hear that you wanted an alliance? A ‘scratch your back, you scratch mine’ kinda thing?” Dee leaned up against the doorframe. She’d kept both hands in plain view, thumbs curled around her belt loops. Her legs crossed over in a very relaxed manner. Sure she was scared crapless, but she didn't need him to know it.

It might have been easy for the boy to offer safety to a friend, but Dee was a virtual stranger to him. Maybe he’d protect her because she was a girl. Mama always used to harp that it was a man’s duty to protect his women. Clearly she didn’t watch this show often. Guys killed girls all the time. Everyone killed everybody all the time.

Dee just had to hope that he wouldn’t prove Mama wrong.
Edited by Shangela, Mar 15 2014, 12:36 AM.
Posted Image

SOTF-TV2 Characters

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, to be fair, Chris wasn't exactly banking on an alliance happening. He still though, you know, he'd take the chance. Oh well. At least the guy didn't try to shoot him or whatever.

No harm no foul.

Then a voice called out to him. Ah-ha. So there was someone there after all. He turned to get a look at the person, who revealed herself as a girl.

He had to sort of confirm with his brain what exactly his eyes were seeing. He barely registered what the girl had even said.

"You're uh... kinda small."

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Space Bam Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.