Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Feelin' Saxy (maybe not); Davison Secondary's band room: Open!
Topic Started: Jan 3 2014, 06:27 AM (925 Views)
crabCaptain
Member Avatar
The Captain of Crabs (Not the crotch kind)
[ *  * ]
I think I might just die

Isabel sighed as she lay in the band room floor alone.

Rehearsal had ended an hour ago but her legs were still killing her. Typically she would have gone home as soon as rehearsal was over, but her car was dead and she was waiting for her mom to get off work and pick her up.

"Come on mom." Isabel huffed. She checked her phone again. Still nothing. She could have walked and been home by now, if her legs hadn't been essentially Jello.

Isabel flipped herself onto her stomach and grunted as she stood up. Her tenor sax sat next to her bag. She tugged at the empty holes in her ears, where her gauges normally would have been as she pondered.

May as well play a little

She figured she should get in some practice time, since she would never do it otherwise. She had already played for two hours today, so this was not the most exciting prospect. It was certainly better than laying on her back staring at the dimples in the tiled ceiling.

She picked up her sax and leaned against the wall. Her first note wasn't really a note, but more along the lines of a wail.

Fuuuuuck

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
Ratchet Consort of Hastur, they/them pronouns pls!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
God hangovers suck.

((Gabriel Munez continued from Choices(and the hardships they apply)))

Yesterday had ended on a sour note. The movies had been great, but something must have gone wrong while his mother was out, because by the time he got home she was passed out with most of a bottle of wine finished. He wasted no time in getting a glass and finishing it off. He remembered it was the middle of the goddamn week. That she shouldn't be doing this kind of thing.

Everything kind of went red after that when he got a second bottle. He wasn't sure how much of that he finished. He vaguely remembered setting it down in the living room with her and stumbling back to bed. When his alarm woke him up, she was already gone.

He hid behind his dark-tinted, silver-rimmed shield sunglasses for the rest of the day. His head stayed tight inside the hoodie whenever possible. He avoided people and kept his answers short and clipped in class, if they forced him to answer at all. He had to stay late to talk with his biology teacher about his behavior, but he was able to control himself. He was just so fucking tired. He didn't want to fight. He just wanted to go home and sleep.

He was almost out. He just needed to get through the hallways and he could head home. Just a little further, and he'd be home free...

MARY FUCKING CHRIST JESUS SONUVABITCH WHY

A sound like Satan shitting sulfur through an ass made of steel made him yelp and cover his ears. God it hurt. He couldn't see straight. It came right out of the door next him. It figured he'd be walking past the band-room right when some ungodly fucking hack decided to open a portal into the most tone deaf circle of Hell.

That's it. Calm shattered. Venting time.

The door swung open and he glowered in at the girl leaning against the wall.

"I don't know what music did to you, but I can support your plan to give it an unceremonious fuckin' beating. But maybe, just maybe, you could do it somewhere deserted? This is an okay neighborhood, and I'd hate to see it get wrecked when you wake the goddamn dead."
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

crabCaptain
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
She was mid breath for another "note" when some kid swung in and started yelling at her. She honestly didn't need this kind of criticism at this hour, especially from someone in dumb shades.

Gabriel Munez was no particular friend of hers, but she knew him. She knew him and didn't care for him. She especially didn't care for him when he came bursting into rooms uninvited spewing saliva everywhere and telling her she should stop playing or she'd wake the dead or whatever. Whatever the case, she wanted to consider giving him an "unceremonious fuckin' beating" if beating people unceremoniously was within her capabilities at the moment. It was not.

She frowned. He looked a lot like what might happen if you drag a homeless person through a dump, swamp, and septic tank, then give them a quick spray down with a garden hose. In short, he looked like shit, and he was probably hungover. It was best at this point to just ignore him and leave him be.

She didn't really feel like leaving him be.

"Well from the looks of you, it looks like the dead are already awake, so if you don't mind, go crawl back in your grave and take a dirt nap."
Characters

Chat things that happened

My Art Thread!

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It seemed like pointing out to this crazy bitch that that's exactly what he wanted to do would be a wasted effort. Instead, he just cupped a hand to his ear and moved forward with an exaggerated lean.

"I'm sorry, did ya say somethin'? It's a little hard to hear because some asshole decided to shriek in my ear through a goddamn tin horn."

His eyes darted around suspiciously, forgetting that they were hidden behind his shades. "That was an instrument, right? I didn't walk in on some kinda freaky one woman cult sacrifice? I don't see a corpse, but fuck, maybe you're just really good at clean up. You've gotta be good at somethin', right?"
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

crabCaptain
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
This guy was really trying her patience.

"Look buddy, if you can't read the sign, I'll read it for you. This is the Band Room. That means, that people will be -gasp- playing instruments in here! If you don't like my saxophone, then leave."

She returned to her previous position.

Upon examining her reed, she discovered the source of the noise. It was shot to hell, and unplayable. She swapped it out for a fresh one and tested it with a short note. It sounded acceptable, at least for a brand new reed.

Isabel shot a glare at the angry, hungover boy hanging in the doorway. He was looking at her, waiting for her to play. No doubt so he could make another shitty joke.

"Are you satisfied? Did you waste enough time hanging around here stinking up the band room? Beat it! I can't be bothered with you! I've got shit to do tomorrow and the last thing I need is some jackass keeping me here later than I need to be!"
Characters

My Art Thread!

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
His hands shot up to his ears as he grimaced. "Jesus Christ, I thought it couldn't get any worse, but I guess you proved me wrong there. You're the one who needs to read, pendejo. The room's for music, not whatever bullshit masochism you're slinging."

Why the hell did she keep talking about his smell? It wasn't like it was offensive, just fucking confusing. He leaned back against the wall and shook his head. "Piss off. Practice ended awhile ago, if you were in such a goddamn hurry you'd be gone already. You're probably just stuck here."

It felt kinda strange. Maybe it was because she hadn't slammed any of the things that really pissed him off, but he was almost enjoying this. He was less angry and more just fucking around at this point. It beat the hell out of the chance of running into Mama when he got home and dealing with the after-math of last night.
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

crabCaptain
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ha fucking ha.

She was dangerously close to punching him in his smug little face. If this continued on for much longer she was likely to blow.

"Does this make your life mean something? Do you have nothing better to do than get off on bugging people? Get out of here lowlife. No one needs you around."

She stared him down hard. She could feel that he was enjoying this. He thought this was funny.

What a fucking lowlife.

Characters

My Art Thread!

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shrug.

Normally he'd object to being called a lowlife, but right now she was right. He was being a giant asshole.

And he didn't give a fuck, because that's exactly what he wanted to be.

"Truthfully? Right now I sure don't. You pissed me off. I ranted. You ranted back. It's a fun little cycle, y'know? Works off the steam."

He tipped his glasses slightly and looked at her over the rims. The light wasn't too bad, and he'd sobered up enough to tolerate it to make a point. "Know somethin' else? You're not half bad at it. No dumbass shots in the dark, no generic shit. I'm an asshole, you're a shitty musician, and we call it like we see it."

A slight smirk snuck onto his face. "The only real difference is you're still gettin' worked up, while I'm tunin' down because it's nice havin' a decent fuckin' argument for once."

The glasses went back up. "You've got me pegged. I'm actin' like a fuckin' lowlife because you pissed me off. You did the same thing. Guess that makes us even, eh?"
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

crabCaptain
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
She scowled at him. Of course she was getting worked up, it was 6 o clock at night and she was tired! What else was she supposed to do when some random guy strolls in and starts messing with her? Make daisy chains and play nice?

He was right though, as much as she hated to admit it. While he was toying with her she was only getting more and more frustrated. It was time to stop. She hated this side of her. she wished it wasn't there, but it was.

She smiled a little. "I guess it does."

Isabel smoothed her hair down and laughed.

"You know what Munez? You ain't half bad."
Characters

My Art Thread!

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
He hadn't even thought about the girl's name this whole time. It came to him fairly easily, though. She had a reputation for being a firecracker.

"I guess you're alright too, Santana."

He cocked an eyebrow as he decided to indulge his curiosity. "Hey, what'd ya do to that thing, when you were changin' shit out at the top?"
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

crabCaptain
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
"Oh, this little thing?" she waved the old reed around for emphasis.

She stuck the chipped piece of wood in her mouth and sucked on it while she replied.

"It's a reed. It helps the sax make sound. When it's broken, the sax makes... well, you already heard what happens when it has a bad reed."
Characters

My Art Thread!

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A tiny fuckin' piece of wood caused all this shit.

Go figure.

"Huh. Well shit." Gabriel paused for a moment. Admitting he was wrong was shitty. But he actually sorta liked this chick, and it seemed like she wouldn't throw it in his face more than he deserved.

"Guess after you fixed that you actually didn't sound too rough. I'm just in a pissy mood. Maybe I should be blamin' that thing, though. Make sure it ends up in a fuckin' wood chipper or somethin' for me, will ya?" he said, cocking a half-grin
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

crabCaptain
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
She felt a little guilty. It was her broken reed that had caused the argument. Even if everything had wrapped up on good terms, she had let her temper slip and it made her look bad. She was almost a little glad it happened though. Gabriel had a good head on his shoulders, and she was glad to be on good terms with him.

She laughed a bit. "Yeah, sorry about the uh... disturbance."

Isabel gave him a sly grin and chomped down on the reed hard. The troublesome sliver of wood snapped in half with a satisfying crack and she took it out of her mouth to examine it.

"How's that?"
Characters

My Art Thread!

Kween in Yella
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
He had to laugh at that. It hurt his head, but damn if it didn't feel good to laugh after a day like this. He could take a shine to this chick.

"Fuckin' perfect. Better it than me, and somethin's gotta take the fall for this shit."

He settled back against the wall and folded his sunglasses up. It was dark outside anyway, and he was getting tired of being blind. He slipped them into the front pocket of his hoodie and gave Isabel a quizzical look.

"So why are you still in this dump anyway? I thought rehearsal was over like an hour and a half ago?"
TV-2 Kids
SCDos Kids

crabCaptain
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
"I... uh..."

She didn't really wanna say. It was embarrassing enough being stuck here at 6:00pm.

She said it anyway.

"My uh... piece of junk car died, and I have to wait 3 weeks to get it back from the shop."

She blushed a bit.

"I have to rely on my mom for rides until it's fixed." She said quickly.
Characters

My Art Thread!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV2 Sandbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.