Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
This Ain't the Nerd Taxi; Open and things!
Topic Started: Nov 21 2013, 07:19 PM (561 Views)
Pippin
Member Avatar
Look at the POOL, Michael, look at the magic in it!!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Bunny Barlowe continued from Tolstoy and Salad))

Oh, man, I forgot just how dark it gets in here. Apparently more than one window was too much for the school budget or something.

Bunny liked most aspects of Whittree Secondary School. It was fairly small, but in her mind, that just led to a much friendlier atmosphere and a feeling of closeness. The lack of room for sports didn’t really affect her in the slightest, and aside from Biology which could go straight to hell, she enjoyed most of her lessons.

One thing she couldn’t really defend, however, was the music rooms. They weren’t bad, really, and managed to fulfil their basic purpose. But they were just so dreary and dull and urrrgh. One door was missing a handle, and whenever Bunny needed a piece of equipment, like an amp or a stand, it always turned out that they were all being used already.

But aside from her bedroom, there wasn’t anywhere else for Bunny to practice the violin, and today she was feeling, well... kinda shitty. She was nursing a growing cold, and the combination of a headache and a blocked nose was enough to make even the most constantly chipper person want to do nothing more than stay in the music room and play the violin.

Bunny flipped upon the case holding her electric violin, taking it out and rubbing away a small mark that had appeared on the side. As Bunny also took her bow and a pair of headphones from her case and bag respectively, she hoped her friends would be able to deal with a less than cheerful Bunny. They would, right? Course they would. She wasn’t usually like this. It was just she liked breathing, and having that function partially stop working was a smidge annoying.

Anyways, the cold wouldn’t last forever. She just needed to weather the storm for now. Bunny plugged the headphones into the jack, and began to tune up.
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

Awesome art by awesome people

???
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Enter Saachi Nidal))

Saachi always enjoyed going to the music rooms, but not for the obvious reasons that people would come up with at first. For Saachi, these rooms were the places where she found herself to be most relaxed in school. She didn't need to put up her overly confident persona to everyone around her. She could just take some time to herself and relax. It was sort of a haven for her, and when days were getting a bit harsh, she would normally go to one of the rooms and either sleep or just paint.

She enjoyed the dimness of the room, making it just the right amount of brightness that meant it wasn't too bright to sleep yet not too dark to make it hard to see where things were. It also was simple and practical. They got their job done plus it gave the room a sense of calmness and balance due to the lack of bright and gaudy colors. It made sleeping there even easier, as the surroundings allowed herself to fall into a calm state, so long as the musicians in the other rooms were not too loud.

Things were not so pleasant back at home, with her father getting angry about work and then inevitably lashing out at her and her mom. She realized that there was nothing she could do about her father's anger and she also realized that her father probably didn't mean to shout at them. However, it did mean that she had to spend the majority of her time last night in her room while feeling absolutely horrible the entire night. This did not translate well into school and she just needed some time alone to vent out her frustrations.

As she opened the door, she heard the sounds of what sounded like a violin. Before she even had the time to stop herself, the door flung open and in the room sat Bunny. As soon as Saachi saw her, she could literally feel her heart drop and she withheld the urge to let out a loud, low groan. Saachi was not the biggest fan of Bunny. She wasn't nearly as bad as Regina, but she was just so very annoying. She was a fan of SOTF, a show she had no problems openly despising. That alongside her over-excitable attitude just wore down her patience and there have been times, especially when she was tired, that Saachi would lash back at her just to make her shut up.

"Oh." Was all that Saachi could say to her. She crossed her arms and stood solid at the door, making no effort to move away. She wanted this room. It was practically her room for all the time she spent inside it. She wasn't going to let Bunny stay here. She was going to get this room. Saachi glared down the tip of her nose to her, working up her intimidating confidence she had mastered over the years. She knew things were going to get dicey here and she thought to herself that if she did get in an argument, it would help get over her anger at her father for last night.

"I didn't know you were here. I'm sure there are other rooms that you can use. Feel free to leave. Now." Saachi commanded. She controlled her body language and adjusted her appearance to make herself out as a threat. She wanted to let Bunny know she wasn't going to give up without a fight. If things went her way, Bunny may not even put up a fight. Then again, Saachi did always enjoy a debate, whether caused by her or not.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Artsy Stuff That People Have Done

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
“Oh...”

Bunny hadn’t meant to parrot Saachi, honest to God. She hadn’t meant to seem as rude as the other girl so often was. But the sound of the door being flung upon had surprised her; she hadn’t expected anybody else to really be around the music department. She especially hadn’t expected to see Saachi, seeing as Bunny didn’t actually think she played a musical instrument.

There was also the fact that Saachi was just another one of those people Bunny just couldn’t seem to get along with, no matter what she did. Maybe it was a simple fact that their personalities just didn’t gel, but that was no excuse for Saachi to just be so rude all the time. Bunny could act as friendly around her, try and cheer her up when she looked down and all that, and all she’d get was some variant of “shut the hell up Bunny” or something.

Even now, Saachi couldn’t even ask her if she could leave politely. Bunny had learnt a fun fact during her time at school; ordering people to do something was much less likely to get results than being polite. Despite the not-exactly-brilliant history between them, Bunny was still going to try and be friendly towards Saachi, even if she herself wasn’t in the best of moods.

“Oh, hey Saachi! Look, I’m just practicing my violin, y’know, kinda important and all that! But I can just plug my headphones in if it disturbs you or anything. I mean... I was here first, after all.”

Okay, maybe a little bit of that bad mood would break through to the surface. Oh well.
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

???

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saachi was a bit taken aback by Bunny's response. She was used to people lashing back, something that she always enjoyed and was prepared for. She knew she wasn't the most popular girl in school and she didn't care that she wasn't the most popular girl in school. On the other hand, she also was used to people who just got intimidated and fled or refused to maintain eye contact. Niceness was not the response she was used to.

She gave Bunny an odd look for a few seconds, staying motionless at the door as she tried to comprehend the situation. Her mind whirled about what to do as she didn't feel that there was a need to be unnecessarily brash. After all, the way she responded was so courteous, disregarding the final part. She was more used to the annoyingly nice Bunny that didn't seem to get the concept of when she didn't want to talk to people or shut up.

At first, Saachi just wanted her to get out. That was her intention. Yet, the girl offered a nice alternative. All Saachi really wanted was a chance for her to vent her frustrations and calm down. For that, she preferred peace and quiet. If Bunny was offering to shut up as long as she could stay in the room, she was more than willing to take up her offer.

"I guess that would be an... amicable agreement. After all, I normally come here for some peace and quiet. As long as you aren't loud, it shouldn't matter." Saachi responded politely, swooping gracefully over to one of the corners of the room and casually sitting on the floor as she flicked the hair out of her eyes. Saachi's only real issues with Bunny were her tendency to be extremely annoying and the fact that she liked SOTF. Since she probably was not going to talk to her for the most part, she found herself a bit more relaxed around her.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Saachi took a few deep breaths, crossing her legs and forming a meditative stance. She found that by doing this, she was able to reach a sense of calmness. She tried not to think about the presence of Bunny in the room and instead shifted her focus onto her breathing. This endeavor was proving hard to follow through with though as she occasionally opened one of her eyes to see what Bunny was doing. Saachi was not used to going through her calming procedures in front of others and the unfamiliarity of the situation caused her to feel uneasy.

Yet, she didn't want to say anything to her. Not without a reason. She didn't do anything to annoy her for now, it was really her own feelings that were conflicting with her need to balance her attitude. Closing her eyes again, Saachi tried her best to focus on meditating, however her body was visibly shaking and she was grasping onto her wrists hard.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bunny kept her pleasant smile up the whole time Saachi was staring at her, as if the other girl was looking into her very soul for the reason why-gasp-she was being nice to someone who wasn’t nice to her. Bunny hoped that either Saachi would agree to her proposal, or that she’d be too tired of arguing for once and just leave. More likely, she’d try and start an argument, and unfortunately, in her current mood, Bunny felt like she might as well just go along with it.

It was therefore a pleasant surprise to hear Saachi tentatively agree with Bunny’s suggestion. All she needed was some peace and quiet, and fortunately, Bunny could still play her violin without disturbing anybody. Smile widening somewhat, Bunny briefly closed her eyes and nodded.

“Great! Don’t worry about me, Saachi, I’ll be as quiet as a mouse! Or, hey, a bunny, they’re kinda q-“

Bunny realised that her rambling probably went against the whole ‘staying quiet’ thing a little bit, so she shut herself up, mouthing “sorry” to Saachi, before plugging her headphones in and getting back to her music. Outside of Bunny’s headphones, the music room was mostly silent aside from the faint rustling of pages, once Bunny finished tuning up and got to her actual pieces. She still wasn’t quite in the mood to try and restyle a piece; she just wanted to play music from a score. It meant she had to wear her glasses, but whatever, Saachi was the only other person in the room, after all.

However, Bunny couldn’t help but keep getting distracted by Saachi sitting on the floor. She’d thought the girl didn’t play an instrument, but she hadn’t really expected her to be meditating, or whatever it was she was actually doing. Bunny kept breaking off from the piece she was playing to take a glance at Saachi. She’d thought meditation was supposed to make you calm, but there was just something about Saachi that gave the exact opposite impression.

Ugh... to speak, or not to speak? I mean, she asked not to and stuff, and maybe if she keeps on doing her thing everything’ll be alright...

“Hey, uh, Saachi?” Bunny took her headphones off, hanging them round her neck, carefully placing her violin on the floor. “I know you said to be quiet and stuff, but, uh, you okay over there?”
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

???

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
((I'm so sorry for posting so late. Combination of lack of muse and general inability to get access to internet. Won't happen again))

At first, Saachi ignored Bunny. She wanted to just zone out, but the presence of a person, one that she didn't particularly like as well, made that difficult for her. While she knew it was unfounded, the sheer fact that Bunny was in the room just made her feel like she was looking at her and judging her, even though her mind rationalized that she was probably busy playing with that instrument of hers.

Trying not to visibly show that she was affected by Bunny, Saachi tried to loosen her body, thinking that by loosening up, her mind would do the same and calm down. However, she was painfully aware of the presence of the girl, so her efforts in doing so just never worked. After struggling to do this for a few moments, she heard Bunny's voice.

"I'm sorry about this Bunny. I should be better than this." She replied curtly, acting for a moment like she was going to brush her away, like she would usually do. However, Saachi also realized that she needed to vent some stress and she remembered that some people do so by talking. While Bunny would not be the ideal person to talk to, at least she was open to talking to her without lashing out or hiding away.

"I'm not used to people being in the room while I try to calm down. You see, the room here is nice and dark, allowing me to catch up on sleep or meditate to calm down. I was hoping to come down here on my own and meditate to get over some frustrations that I was feeling due to the events of the previous night. However, your mere presence here makes me feel uncomfortable." Saachi continued bluntly. As she talked, she could feel her features loosen a little and her mind relax just a little bit. A brief hint of a smile flickered on her face at the realization, but she quickly stiffened her face, not wanting the girl to notice.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bunny sat still and quiet as Saachi began to explain what was going on with her. Bunny could do the whole ‘listening’ thing quite well, to some peoples surprise, given her never-ceasing spring of energy. Somewhere down the line, though, she’d learnt that not everything had to be about her all the time. Would becoming famous on the silver screen be worth it if literally the entire world hated her? No. Probably.

Bunny still bristled and frowned when Saachi mentioned that she was the cause of the girl’s discomfort. God, did she have to be that rude? Really? Despite that, Bunny couldn’t be 100% annoyed at Saachi, seeing as she really didn’t seem to be having a good day. And it sounded as though her whole ‘calming’ thing in the music room was a regular thing, which, in Bunny’s eyes, didn’t have the best implications.

“Well... I’m sorry... I think...” Bunny said, frown still on her face. “I haven’t even done anything... but, uh... I’m sorry to hear about that...”

There was a pause. Bunny rather awkwardly adjusted her glasses, fiddling with the zip on her hoody, before finally plucking up the courage to ask another question.

“Ummm... I, uh, hope you don’t mind me asking, but, like... what did happen last night? If, y’know, you’re cool with saying and all...”
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

???

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
"You think I don't know that!" She spat out, whipping her head away from her. Her breathing started to rise in intensity. Her arms crossed in front of her chest, as she closed her eyes and tried to regulate her breathing.

For a moment, she sat there, looking at Bunny through her hair. Her mind wanted her to push the girl away, make a rude comment and bristle her to the point that she would just go away or possibly just ignore her. She didn't know what to say though that would get her to go away, and at the same time, Bunny never did anything wrong, or anything she would consider offensive except being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Saachi looked down, away from Bunny. She positioned her hair so that it covered most of her face from where the other girl was standing.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lash out like that." She began hesitantly. "I might as well talk, I mean, since you're here and everything."

She stayed quiet for a moment, gathering her thoughts. Her mouth formed a small frown as she tried to think about a way to approach the situation of her home life. Her eyes stayed down, refusing to make eye contact with the fellow classmate.

"Well, you know my father, right? Cheliyan Nidal. His reputation is less than positive. In work, he's like a shark. Aggressive, ruthless, monstrous... but efficient. Imagine living in a household with him. Last night, work wasn't so good for him. He was furious. At dinner, he wouldn't stop shouting, making slurs against his work companions, claiming they were all useless and incompetent, the usual. When my mother and I tried to calm him down, his anger turned to us, yelling things that... I would rather not disclose."

At this point, she paused, taking a glance through the obscuring curtain that was between herself and Bunny. She was trying to gauge her reaction, see what she was thinking, the judgments, the criticisms that were probably forming in her mind. She softly bit her lip, grinding the bottom set of teeth against the tender sensory organ.

"You probably don't want to hear this. Feel free to go back to your music if you want. This should be something I... deal with on my own."

Her right hand lightly scratched her left arm, and she turned to fully face away from Bunny. She wondered why she told this girl about her family life. When thinking about it, it seemed to be somewhat appropriate. She was here to calm down, and while she didn't want to admit it, the act of talking did help. At the same time, she shouldn't be talking about it. It was private matters. Why should a simple girl like her be concerned with something like this, especially to her, the girl with an almost similar reputation as her father?
Edited by jimmydalad, Jan 7 2014, 04:58 PM.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bunny jumped a little in her seat as Saachi suddenly lashed out at her, the other girl looking away, taking quick, frantic breaths. Bunny was feeling more and more concerned about the situation she’d found herself in. She had never gotten on with Saachi, but the girl clearly wasn’t in the best frame of mind. On the other hand, Saachi was clearly not a fan of Bunny, and Bunny felt as though her attempt to help had done the exact opposite. Maybe it would just be best to leave now before anything else happened...

Saachi began to speak again, apologising for lashing out, and Bunny’s attention was focused again on the other girl, wanting to hear what she had to say. She remained quiet. The time for little comments had gone, unless she really wanted to piss Saachi off.

As Bunny listened, she felt her mouth drop open slightly. She had had a feeling Saachi’s frustrations from last night were due to things occurring at home, but it still came as a shock to hear that Mr Nidal had been shouting at his daughter. Maybe it was due to having parents that, whilst stern at times, were for the most part rather laid-back. But Bunny still didn’t feel right about it. The worst part was, she wasn’t sure what she could do. She could try and talk about it with Saachi, but, after a moment’s pause, the other girl had said she should probably deal with it on her own. Bunny bit her lip and adjusted her glasses, too preoccupied to have taken them off, before deciding to speak, sentences still forming as she said them.

“Oh, gosh, Saachi... I’m so sorry, I had no idea. I’m sure your dad... he didn’t mean to... y’know... look, you didn’t do anything wrong, right? So... um...” Bunny stopped there, awkwardly. What the hell was she even trying to say? She’d never dealt with things like this before. Why didn’t school teach you things like this instead of Biology? Bunny couldn’t help but feel as though she was verging on being offensive, so she scratched her left arm before starting over.

“God, sorry... maybe it would be for the best if I... just went, huh? If it’s peace and quiet you need, then it’s peace and quiet you shall get. Or, uh, if you wanna just vent and stuff...” Bunny shrugged, a small smile inadvertently forming on her face.

“I’m a pretty good listener.”
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

???

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saachi sat there, quietly listening to Bunny. She shifted a little, suddenly finding the position she was in uncomfortable. It was clear from her awkward stammering that Bunny didn't really know what to make of her home situation.It was a pretty special one, at least that's what she thought. Maybe she shouldn't have dropped this whole emotional weight upon her. Before this day, Saachi barely gave her the time of day and was outright rude to her. Yet, she found it easier to push people away. That's what her father told her.

"You need to stop apologizing Bunny, you haven't done anything wrong." Saachi responded, flipping her hair back and turning to face the other girl. It was easy for her to just push her away, say that she wanted to be alone and leave it at that. Yet, judging from how things were going for her, it just didn't seem to be healthy for her in the long run.

"For most of my life, it has been easy for me to push away. It was hammered into my mind ever since I was a kid. I don't know what you're upbringing was like, but mine was harsh. After all, I was the daughter of the 'esteemed' Cheliyan Nidal. I had a reputation to uphold. I had to have good grades. I had to be confident. I couldn't trust anyone or show kindness. To my dad, it was a sign of weakness." Saachi told Bunny, wary of whether she should proceed or not. She probably already said too much, but she had offered a listening ear, and right now, she really wanted to talk to someone.

"My dad was very strict, but that strict upbringing helped me get to where I was today. Top grades, high prospects for a well-paying job. Who couldn't want more? At the same time though, there was a part of me that felt that my father was... wrong. He told me artistic pursuits were a waste of time, but I enjoyed painting. I enjoyed going out shopping and doing girly things, but that wasn't in his agenda. Whenever I did those things, I could tell my dad disapproved. When he's angry, he often throw these things in my face, saying that they'll amount to nothing and are a waste of time... like he thought of me sometimes."

The last words made Saachi visibly stiffen up, her body reacting on instinct. It was an unfortunate habit, but it was one she couldn't shake. Words were power in her house and her father reigned supreme in that regard. She couldn't hope to stand toe to toe with him. He had a lifetime of experiences while hers was only starting.

"I was bred to be strong. You must forgive me, I'm not used to talking about my personal problems." Saachi admitted, a momentary mocking laugh at herself escaping her lips. "I must ask you something though. Why do you bother to listen, even when I have pushed you away?"
Edited by jimmydalad, Jan 17 2014, 05:23 PM.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Bunny said nothing when Saachi told her she didn’t need to keep apologising. Of course, it was true; she hadn’t done anything wrong, after all. But that wouldn’t be the right thing to say at all, now, would it? Acting all high and mighty and all ‘yes, I am perfect and flawless, thank you’. It was just... a little weird in Bunny’s mind, seeing her and Saachi having a perfectly amicable conversation, given that all of their previous ones had been ever so slightly less so.

Bunny remained silent as Saachi continued to speak, learning more about her classmate now than she had in the past, well... ever. It was just one word that stuck out in Bunny’s mind. ‘Harsh’. She really couldn’t think of any other way to describe what she was hearing. Having to have good grades, most likely in every subject? Not being allowed to show kindness? Maybe Bunny was just used to her parents being, y’know, loving and all that jazz, but... that just sounded horrible.

Bunny covered her mouth with her hand as she processed Saachi’s words, wondering exactly how to respond, not wanting it to be a pile of words that almost formed sentences, like her last response. Fortunately, Saachi offered her an easy way out of that, by asking Bunny a question instead. Bunny lowered her hand, thinking for just a second of how to reply.

“Well... my family’s always been kinda... laid-back, and stuff, my mom especially. She always wanted to be an actress, and now she’s a DJ, so yeah, pretty arty. I mean, you can’t work as hard as possible 24/7. You’d go insane, probably. I’m sure as hell not gonna test it out.” Bunny paused and shook her head, as she realised she was going on a tangent.

“Anyway, I’ve always tried to be friendly towards people and stuff, but, more than that... well, we’ve had our differences, right? Petty squabbles and stuff? But if someone’s in a bad way, well, none of that really matters, right? You learn stuff by listening, helpful stuff. Least, that’s how I see it.”

Bunny made sure she didn’t mention SOTF, pretty much the main cause for their mutual dislike. She didn’t want to mention anything that might bring that dislike back into the fray.

God, for somebody who wanted to spend her life talking in front of millions, she was doing a shitty job of talking with one person.
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · TV2 Sandbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.