Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
68°; Private
Topic Started: Jul 2 2013, 07:39 AM (880 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Robin pounds continued from The Hecate Sisters))

Robin had made Shawn stay in front of her as they walked. It had been a tense journey, as she kept her eyes open wide, kept listening intently for the sounds of someone else. Her victory was at hand, but until Shawn lay broken on ground, it would not be certain. She didn't really think the others would be stupid enough to follow, but there was no way to be positive they wouldn't attempt some misguided heroism.

As she walked, she fumbled to reload the pistol. Without the instruction manual, without any idea how to operate it or whether it was even loaded, the rifle was basically useless to her except as a tool of intimidation. Shawn respected and feared it, but the pistol had the teeth to back up Robin's threats. She dropped one of the balls on the ground as she walked, and had to fish a new one out of her pack. It didn't matter, though. Shawn was in front of her, and didn't look back, so she was pretty sure he had no idea what she'd done. Even if he did, it was immaterial; the bullet was loaded, so now she once again had the power to kill.

Robin kept them going for about fifteen minutes, even though the activity got her nose running again and her legs aching. The chill was coming on once more, and she realized that her fever was returning with a vengeance. She could remember that first walk, down from the mountain path. It had been a lot like this, so strangely silent, and she wished she could go back to that time, when Shawn was a friend and not deserving of death.

She shook that idea out of her head. Finally, she found an appropriate location, a small clearing maybe twenty feet across.

"You can stop, now," Robin said. She kept the gun trained on Shawn, and smiled. Her face burned from that, the cuts stretching a little, but like so many other things, that was now unimportant.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
this avatar satisfies me so well
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Shawn Bowe-Crooke continued from The Hecate Sisters.))

Shawn hadn't been keeping track of how long they'd been walking. He'd been too busy keeping track of any landmark he could get his eyes on. He took his steps as deliberately as possible without being noticed. His goal now was to create a trail that he could use to get back to Kyle and Louisa.

He'd already failed again. He couldn't let it happen anymore.

He'd been acutely aware that he'd reached the clearing before Robin had announced for him to stop. Only then did he turn around to find the gun still in his face. His hands had been up in the air for a while now, and were getting tired. But he kept them up, partly because he had no idea what would happen if he dropped them. However, that gun was still in his face, and that was still a problem. He took a slow, small step backward.

He had to think of something, and quick, otherwise it would all be over.
EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!!!

Second Chances V2:
Clair Belvedere - Box of Condoms - Hanging back in Earth Sky From Venus
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shawn stepped backwards. He'd kept his arms up for a long time, had to be getting tired. That was good. Robin wanted him to know how it felt, to feel his muscles burn, for the fatigue to make him hurt. She wanted him tired, scared, and alone. After all, it was all he deserved. He'd left her, and now that she'd come back for him, he wasn't going to escape.

"Do you know why I came looking for you, Shawn?" Robin asked. She took a step towards him, pistol held steady. Her smile had vanished, now. Her voice felt a little flat. The chills were running down her spine, but she didn't let herself shiver. Not now. She couldn't show any weakness now, couldn't let Shawn know how her face hurt and how what'd he done hurt.

And the whole time, she kept alert, just in case. There were no more than ten people out there besides them, but if one turned up, it would be bad news for her indeed.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
She asked him why she came for him. Shawn could hazard a guess. He took a step backwards in response to her step forward, keeping his eyes trained on her.

"I think I can guess," he said. It seemed that Robin wasn't one to just get it over with.

An idea came to him then. He had to keep Robin thinking he was helpless. He had to keep his face neutral, lest she figure out that something was up. He took another step backward. And another. The clearing wasn't that large, so if he kept going like this, and if Robin kept on him, then.

He felt himself hit his back on a tree. Now he had to hope Robin... he had to hope she took the bait.

Second Chances V2:
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I don't think you can," Robin said. "I really don't."

Maybe Shawn had misunderstood her, assumed she was referring to what she planned to do to him rather than why she planned to do it. Had she phrased poorly? It was difficult to say, difficult to keep track of things with the chills so bad. It took all her willpower to keep her hands straight. Shawn was really getting under her skin right now, because not only had he not guessed, he hadn't given her much of a conversational inroads to explain it to him.

She kept at the same distance from Shawn, taking a step forward for each he took back. He was scared, and that was good. She thought he was starting to realize that he wasn't going to get out of this.

She wanted him to know. It was important that Shawn realize everything. Robin couldn't even quite articulate why anymore, just that she knew how much trouble she was in, and it was so very important someone else share that pain.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
((GMing approved.))

"Well then. H-Humor me."

That was good. He didn't mean to stutter there, but it was good. Get her talking a bit. If she's talking, she'll be less likely to be on her guard. Robin moved forward, so that the gun was up against his head.

She started to talk again. He wasn't really listening to her speech. Instead focussing on his own movements. He had to be ready for this. This next moment may decide everything. He took a deep breath in, and then out. Deep breath in... then out.

A quick flash of remorse went through his mind. He would have to end it like that. She would have to die. Shawn had to keep himself from losing his resolve. He gripped onto the feeling of cold metal against his forehead. No backing out.

He took another deep breath as he closed his eyes. He breathed out as he opened them again.

He moved.

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Robin moved in closer.

"You left me to die, Shawn," she said. Her voice went flat as she spoke, because this wasn't what really hurt. It was simply the preamble. As she continued, though, it began to crack, to let her emotion seep in.

"And, I guess that's okay. You warned me, and even though Bailey tried to murder me, maybe I should've run or something. But you didn't even say goodbye."

She'd thought that getting it out in the open would make her feel better, but it wasn't working quite like that. Instead, verbalizing just what was wrong dredged all her emotions back up, forced them into the light and made her confront, really come to terms with, just how much someone she had trusted had betrayed her. She'd been trying to protect him, and he hadn't even said goodbye.

Well, Robin would show him. She was better than that. So she stepped up right next to him, and touched the gun to his forehead. She wasn't going to pull the trigger, because what she had to do was hurt him so he'd die slowly and then say goodbye as she left him, but he didn't know that. He'd glazed over a bit, looked like he wasn't listening, and that really grated on Robin. He was about to die. He didn't get to ignore her, not anymore.

"Liste—" she started, but then, in a flash of motion, Shawn moved. His arm came up, slapped against hers, and as she was knocked off center, her finger curled around the trigger, sending the bullet, her one and only bullet, into the tree. She screamed, and for just a moment, she thought she could understand how Bailey must have felt.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Having a gun going off next to his ears was not the greatest thing that Shawn had to be subjected to today. Neither was the shrapnel, that sliced a bit into his face and let a series of small cuts on his cheek.

But he couldn't let them stop him. He was running on instinct now, and instinct told him that the girl in front of him was a danger to everyone left in the valley.

So he sent a fist sailing towards her face, and another one, before rushing in to tackle her to the ground.

It was during that rush that Shawn had a moment of realization.

I'm sorry Dad. I'm breaking my promise. I hope you'll forgive me... hopefully before I die.

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For all that she had been in fights during her time in the valley, Robin had not been the victim of significant harm, not beyond the scratch Bailey had delivered. When Shawn's fist collided with her face, unleashing a burst of agony and a flash of light, it took her completely off guard, causing her to stagger backwards. Her wrist was hurting again, and her hand burned too. Splinters kicked up from the tree on impact had cut her knuckles. That all shrunk to negligible importance, however, as Shawn punched her once more.

Her entire face was burning again. She thought her nose might be broken, but it was hard to say because almost as strong as the pain was the feeling of wetness running down her face and over her chin. In a faint, far away way, she thought that Shawn had probably reopened the wounds Bailey had inflicted, as well as adding new ones. Her lips hurt, and as she stumbled further backwards she tried to spit, to clear her mouth of the salty, metallic taste that was invading it. She didn't get much momentum, though, so a string of saliva and blood just dropped from her mouth onto her stained jacket.

She couldn't tell what was going on, couldn't think quickly enough to react to the blur and whirl of pain and color. This was wrong, all wrong. She'd been so close, so close to getting her revenge, and now it was all falling apart.

She tried to scream, but all that came out was a weak gurgle, as Shawn crashed into her and brought her, with a painful thump, into the dirt.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
They were on the ground now. She was on the ground, and he was on top of her. He sat up, looking at her face. She looked terrible; these last few days certainly had not done well to her situation.

He sent another fist towards her face.

Shawn wanted to say something. Anything. But... what was there to say? Sorry? Sorry for leaving you? Sorry for not saying goodbye? Sorry for beating your face in?

He cringed as he looked at her face, as his fists slowly erased all recognizability of her. His fists were caking with her blood, her tears. They felt heavy. They were weighing down on his conscience, along with all the deaths he'd failed to prevent.

For Emily, for Zora, for Bailey, and for Carlyle.

For her.

And for himself.

"...Goodbye."

And so on and on it went.

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And the blows kept coming, and there was nothing Robin could do. She tried to scream, but Shawn's fist connected with her mouth, and something came lose and fell over her tongue. She choked, coughed, ran her tongue over the spot where a few teeth no longer were, only for those remaining on the bottom of her mouth to bite down hard on it as the next punch came.

She was crying, and her nose was running, but not with snot anymore. It was blood, nothing but blood, from her nose and face, from her mouth and tongue, maybe even from her ears, and she thrashed and kicked and tried to get her arms into position to ward off the attack, but Shawn had all the strength and all the leverage.

The chills had been replaced by heat, the burn of her fever and the burn of the pain and the burn of another warm body, suddenly hot well past a pleasant glow and nearer a full inferno. She couldn't feel anything below her waist, but that was likely because everything else was simply overwhelming by comparison.

She couldn't even force out words. She wanted to beg, because now that it had all gone wrong, she wanted to take everything she'd done back. Shawn had done bad things, but even in the depths of her rage and pain, Robin had always known that she had too. She'd known Shawn, had seen how far he could be pushed, had understood that, even at the end, there were lines he would not cross, and now that he was proving her wrong, she found herself afraid of him. It wasn't that she was going to die, because hadn't she always known? But it was to have been quick or clean, or maybe in her sleep, and never, never in a thousand years, at the hands of this boy she'd thought she'd had a feel for. She wanted to take everything back, because maybe then she could turn him back.

She had wanted Shawn broken and dead, but this was far, far worse. It was not what she had wanted.

She tried to say something, though she didn't know what she meant. Her eyes were forced shut, bruised and blackened if they were even still whole, and her lips were shredded and pulped, and there was nothing she could do, nothing but choke and cough and start to drown in her own blood.

Far away, over a ringing in her head that had no source, she thought she caught a final farewell. Then everything finally went mercifully dark.

F20, ROBIN POUNDS: DECEASED
9 STUDENTS REMAIN
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
His arms fell to his side.

It was done.

Shawn shakily stood, taking a few steps backward before hitting the tree again. He sat at the base of tree, closing his eyes. He'd actually killed her. He knew it was going to happen eventually, but actually having done the deed was an entirely different feeling. He avoided touching his hands to anything other than the ground. He didn't want to get her blood on his face, even though he'd already gotten some on his shirt.

He sat like that for quite some time, crying his eyes out. In any other situation he wouldn't his tears to start flowing, but right now he didn't care. No one was around anyway.

It stopped after a while. Carefully, he wiped his eyes with his upper arms, before standing up.

He took off his cap. He laid it on Robin's body. He didn't know what compelled him to do such a thing.

It just felt... well it didn't feel right, but it felt necessary.

He gathered up all the supplies Robin had left behind. This included the uncomfortable task of prying Robin's daypack off her corpse. By this time, the blood on his hands was mostly dry, leaving his hands with an uncomfortable feeling. His looked at his hands, turning them a few times, before picking up the derringer and the rifle.

He moved to leave the gruesome scene. The scene that he'd caused.

He turned one last time to Robin's body, knowing that he'd never see her again.

Then he left, leaving his brutal tableau behind.

((Shawn Bowe-Crooke continued in Armistice.))

Second Chances V2:

The afterlife

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pine Stands · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.