Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Earthen Spirit
Topic Started: Jul 1 2013, 04:11 AM (1,561 Views)
Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
She was a little hurt that Kyle had to think to connect her name with anything. Stupid thought, one that shouldn't really have had any significance in this situation. He'd tried harder than she had in track, anyway; probably didn't notice another one of the girls just lagging in the back. It wasn't as if popularity counted for anything here. That illusion had been broken long ago, when Angel had come at her swinging. Still hurt.

Then he offered an alliance. A team, just like track and field. Audrey smiled bitterly, even though she knew the two of them wouldn't see it.

This wasn't a relay she was running here.

"What happens at the end?" she said, stopping for a moment to run her tongue over her drying lips. "Opt out all you want, but in the end, someone's going to go in shooting. What're you going to do when you're faced with someone like Dylan" - like Frank, her mind whispered - "and they're shooting to kill?"
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V2:
Audrey McKee -- F11 -- Weighted Leather Glove -- Alive -- Semper Fi

Rest in Peace
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Louisa nodded when Kyle asked if she wanted Audrey to join. They needed as many allies as they could get at this stage in the game. Sure, there was no certainty if Audrey would ally with them or just kill them. She seemed hesitant to attack them at this point.

Audrey asked how long they could hope to avoid fighting and what they would do if someone like Dylan tried to kill them.

Louisa shook her head.

"We'll do what we have to," Louisa said. "It's not pleasant to think about it, but we know how dangerous they can be and the threat they can pose to our livelihood.

Louisa reached into her coat pocket and felt the Beretta. It was strange. When she first found the gun in her bag, she was terrified of it. She couldn't be afraid of it anymore. Nearly all her friends were dead, and there were greater fears lurking in the valley.

"I'll do what I can to protect the people I care about."
Mini Art

Former characters

Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
Eldritch Consumer, Requiem Agent
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I was given a taser. It may not be much, but it could end someone's rampage without the need for bloodshed. But I get why you're uneasy. But Louisa is right, we'll do what we have to do." Kyle said. He wanted to reassure Audrey of their conviction, but to be honest he wasn't sure he could kill someone even to save his friends. The encounter with Robin got him angry enough to declare that intent, but that anger was beginning to subside.

The Program was a terrible place to be sure, and he would never wish this upon anyone. He now understood the feelings of everyone else who had been forced into the Program. It wasn't that he was unsympathetic before, but undergoing this plight himself made him a little more understanding.

"Audrey, no matter what happens, know that we'll try our best to make it out of here alive together. Even if you decide to go your own way, we'll consider you a friend regardless. You seem like you've got a way to make it through this. And I respect that."
Mini Characters

There was once a dumb psuedo-news line here. Now there's this pretentious nonsense. YOU1 DID THIS, YOU1 KNOW WHO YOU1 ARE!

1. Yeah you, you nefarious ne'er-do-well you.

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Still," Audrey had to point out, "only one person lives at the end, taser or not."

She might have gone on talking if she hadn't been distracted by the gears turning in her head.

A taser and a gun. These two had good weapons, had been offering her an alliance this whole time. Tempting. Tempting to say she'd join, then somehow make off with a weapon. It was kind of cold, and pretty manipulative, and she was surprised she'd only thought of it now. A gun especially - that would be better than the glove on her hand. She didn't know how to use one, but she was pretty sure that it couldn't be that hard to point the thing and pull the trigger. A lot easier than closing the gap to take a swing at someone.

But it wasn't worth the risk. Not now, when it was two versus one, and Louisa had already killed. Audrey had had better opportunities before that she'd fumbled, like all the time she'd traveled with Frank. She'd thought about getting his gun when they'd first met, hadn't she? Yet when she'd had the chance, when she'd been sneaking out that night, there'd been other things on her mind.

He'd been on her mind, really.

Urgh, that was sappy. No time for that. Never time for that again. She had to concentrate.

Point was, two friendly people right now, ones that were willing to treat her like an ally even if she wasn't one, and that was good enough for her.

"I think I'll pass on grouping up," she said. "But thanks. I, um, appreciate it."

Program V2:

Rest in Peace

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Louisa adjusted her position on the ground. It didn't look like Audrey was willing to join them at this point in time. Louisa was worried that this would lead Audrey to her downfall. Still, it was Audrey's decision to make. She had come to believe that Louisa and Kyle were not going to attack her, and that made Louisa have hope that they could stay close as the game reached its conclusion.

"I understand your decision," Louisa said to Audrey. "If you are going to go your own way, then I hope you stay safe. Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances."

Louisa smiled. It looked like there was still a chance for them after all, even if they weren't going to stay together.
Mini Art

Former characters

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
this avatar satisfies me so well
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Shawn Bowe-Crooke continued from Armistice.))

It hurt.

Everything hurt.

Shawn was slowing down, his pace faltering. He didn't even know how long he'd kept running. Five minutes? Ten? In all honesty, he didn't really care.

Shawn knew that Dylan wasn't hunting. Maybe he should stop running. He slowed to a walk, hobbling as blood dripped from his back, leaving a morbid trail. This was all wrong, this wasn't meant to happen.

But Shawn knew that it did happen. It was his fault and no one else's.

I couldn't even... protect myself, huh?

His vision was beginning to blur and he had no idea where he was going. If Shawn wasn't dying, he would have sworn that what happened next was a lucky break.

"Hey guys," he said to the two figures it front of him, "am I glad to have found you."

He coughed, bringing a spurt of blood out of his mouth.

"S-Sorry... I fucked up. Badly."

He fell to his knees.

"Robin's dead. Frank's dead. Ash will probably be dead too."

He shut his eyes, and opened them again. He couldn't see that well in front of him anymore.

"I'm sorry... you have to... see me go... I-I just... wanted..."

He wheezed, and pitched forward onto his hands.

"To make sure..."

He then tipped to the side.

"You were safe..."

Shawn didn't die a hero. He couldn't save anyone he cared about.

But he died fighting for what he believed in, and that's good enough, right?

Yeah. That's good enough.

M07 - Shawn Bowe-Crooke: DECEASED
EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!!!

Second Chances V2:
Clair Belvedere - Box of Condoms - Hanging back in Earth Sky From Venus
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
Eldritch Consumer, Requiem Agent
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Once again a grim reminder of the reality of the Program manifested. At first Kyle was on edge when he heard movement approaching. He stood up, only to nearly fall back down again as Shawn broke through the tree line and into his field of vision. Kyle smiled and was about to greet him when he noticed the deep red staining his clothes.

Kyle stopped smiling. "Shawn! Oh my god, no!" He ran over to try and help him, but he couldn't. He was watching another friend die. Shawn told them that Robin and Frank were dead. Kyle didn't care. He would have just been okay with Shawn coming back alive. But here he was, dead on the ground.

Kyle's anger flared up again. And now he wasn't sure if he would ever lose it again. "GODDAMMIT! WHO DID THIS TO YOU? WHICH MOTHERFUCKER NEEDS TO PAY FOR THIS?" He screamed to the air. He growled and cursed again. Tears flowed from his eyes.

He looked at Louisa. "Again. We lost one again Louisa. Revenge starting to sound like a good idea yet? Because the more this happens, the more I start to think so!"

Audrey was probably going to bolt now. But Kyle honestly no longer cared. She declined their offer to partner. And in all honesty that was good. Because if she joined up only to die like Shawn did, he was sure to meltdown even worse.

He got up, he wiped his tears. Kyle went to retrieve the pitchfork. Words were not going to stop him now. "No more talk, no more games. I'm finding whoever is responsible. And Robin better have been because if not..." he grit his teeth. "If not, then they are going to know just how many times you can be stabbed before you die. Sometimes tells me it'll be a lot." He checked the taser. Good to go.

"Louisa, let's go." He looked back at her. "I'm not changing my mind about anything anymore." No more dissauding him from his hate. She got that chance one time and one time only.

He trugded off into the distance. Kyle didn't check if Louisa followed. Hate fueled him more than fear hindered him, and he dwelt on that hate.

((Kyle Williams continued in Closing.))
Edited by Lord_Shadow, Oct 17 2013, 05:38 AM.
Mini Characters

There was once a dumb psuedo-news line here. Now there's this pretentious nonsense. YOU1 DID THIS, YOU1 KNOW WHO YOU1 ARE!

1. Yeah you, you nefarious ne'er-do-well you.

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Audrey did leave. But maybe not in the direction she'd initially expected when she'd heard the running footsteps.

Trap, she'd thought at first, and then she'd heard the words.

Two words in particular, that was.

Frank's dead.

She was already moving when she heard the collapse. Already moving when she knew that Shawn had fallen, was probably dying there in the carpet of needles. Already moving when Kyle's cries echoed through the trees behind her.

Already moving towards where Shawn had come from.

((Audrey McKee continued in Remnants))

Program V2:

Rest in Peace

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Louisa turned as she heard someone enter the area. She began to smile as Shawn walked in, but stopped when he coughed and mentioned fucking up.

Her eyes widened as Shawn fell to his knees. Kyle had already gotten up and began to move. Louisa simply got to her feet. She listened closely to Shawn's final words. According to him, Robin and Frank were dead, and Ash was probably almost dead. Louisa was surprised that Shawn had seen the deaths of at least three of the other students in such a short span of time. There were twelve alive at the last announcements, and now at least five were dead. They were in the single digits now, and that meant things were about to get more dangerous than before.

However, she didn't have time to think too much on that. Shawn was dead, and he just expired in front of them. Audrey was already gone, having run off without saying anything. Kyle was furious, back to the same cursing and growling as when Carlyle died. This time, it didn't look like Kyle was going to listen to Louisa. He had already grabbed the pitchfork and was heading off.

"Kyle!" Louisa shouted as he hurried away from the scene.

Louisa quickly looked around the area. Kyle and Audrey were gone, leaving Louisa in the forest. She gritted her teeth and softly moaned.

Oh no, this is exactly what I don't need to happen now. I got to follow Kyle. But...Shawn...

Louisa looked at Shawn's body. Louisa and Kyle had made sure to cover the bodies of their friends during the game, making sure Gwen, Maxim, and Carlyle were at least protected from the elements. Kyle was even down to just his issued jacket because of it. He was just going to leave Shawn in the forest uncovered. His anger had completely clouded his actions.

Louisa shook her head as her eyes began to water. She ran over to Shawn's body and pulled the Beretta out of her pocket, placing it on Shawn's body. She then unzipped her jacket and removed it, placing it in one hand as she picked her gun back up, putting it in her cardigan pocket. Finally, she laid her jacket on top of Shawn's body.

"I'm so sorry, Shawn," she quickly said to him. "I have to go after Kyle. I wish we could have spent more time together."

Louisa shivered and hurried after Kyle. She had been wearing the coat for most of the time in the valley, and now she could really feel the cold of the area. It didn't matter though. The game was almost over, and it's not like she has time to worry about being chilly. She'd work up a sweat chasing after Kyle anyways.

((Louisa Bloom continued in Closing))
Mini Art

Former characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pine Stands · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.