Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Sotf-tv Blog (old planning thread)
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 05:36 PM (1,717 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SOTF-TV Season 66 is still a ways off of course, with Program focus and V5 main, but we're still keeping the Sotf-TV universe alive in other places. (Original Blog)

Well, it took me a while, but I've finally figured it out. The site is still completely empty, with no posts, but here is the link: (TAKEN DUE TO MAINTENANCE)

- Survival of the Snarkiest has been absorbed into the whole Sotf-TV fan community during the "Off Season" between 65 & 66, to form an official sorta place, with the 'smart fans' and 'casual fans' alike. Latest news both official and unofficial.

- I am not experienced with setting up sites, so I'll accept all the help I can get for putting stuff/features together in the overall layout. If you know how to add the tags like those on the original Survival of the Snarkiest. Please do, let me know.

- Even if not actually writing articles, comments are always open!

- After some discussion with some of the staff: This will be partially staff run in cohesion with the rest of the TV Universe and should be kept consistently up to date, so don't worry too much about it going inactive like last time.

- It's not confirmed at all yet, but it's possible certain news/previews for next season might show up simultaneous with OOC announcements on the actual Mini site here. Think of it IC, as the 'backstage' stuff or 'news leaks'. Or on the more official side, 'Teasers' or 'Previews' to get people hyped.

If you have any advice, questions, suggestions, whatever, please let us know. My PM box is always open as well.
Second Chances Version 2 Characters:
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Sotf-TV Season 65 Flagship:
Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's the lore. Please remember to only treat things on that page as canon; staff are pretty selective as to what clears, and it takes a while to go through lore and critique/figure out what will pass and what will not.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

Slayer
Member Avatar
Ouch.
[ *  * ]
I'd like to be an author/contributor. My IC blogger character kinda fell by the wayside last time and it might be interesting to bring him back in.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds good so far. For new folks; To get an idea of what stuff was planned/talked about in the past, check out:

- Little Boy's Old Planning Thread
- Little Boy's Original Blog site itself.
- I will also accept any IC twitters to be part of it, as seen by the mentor, Jared Clayton's Twitter, for example.

B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am all up in arms for writing possible fan fictions for characters, I guess. Like a "What if Shawn Morrison won" sorta thing. I might make a character who's just cynical about everything and is like "The ending was stupid" and "Shawn should've won" etc.. *shrugs* it's all up in the air for now.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Artsy Stuff That People Have Done

Aura
Member Avatar
The Fool
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have two questions about the blog:

1- Is this taking place before or after the characters of v2 are "cast"? Because I wanted to know if someone could have a character on the blog that posts just like everyone else, but suddenly disappears without notice... until the cast is revealed.

2- Is anyone allowed to make a "troll" character? I don't mean someone who just types out misspelled insults about the show and characters, I'm talking about someone who just blasts every single aspect of the show and still retains an air of intelligence, while still getting called out for acting like kind of a jerk.
SOTF-TV v2

SP1: Lukas Graves- Forming a team in United
VW2: Angie Hart- Having a bad time of it in Balls Deep

Past Minis

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My personal views, so take 'em with a grain of salt:

I don't see a huge issue with a character for the next version commenting, as long as it all makes sense. I do see a huge issue with lots of them doing so, especially if they don't know each other. Also, bear in mind that the location/grade level/whatever for V2 has yet to be announced, so it'd be best to hold off a bit. V2's kids will be taken well after the fallout of V1 is public, so this is all beforehand.

As to trolls, I can see people trolling the comments, but not getting actual articles submitted.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Things we want/need/would probably be done:

1 - Also if you want to make a usuable IC persona in the Survival of Snarkiest site, I'll allow for random comments to be part of the blog articles as well... as in 'Fan Reaction Article" pretty much. Just PM me your IC persona's reactions to moments on 'the show' and I'll put them all together in an article.

2 - Right now, we're looking at overall thoughts/reactions/analysis and stuff of that nature for Sotf-TV version 1 (Season 65). So if you've read it, and have any, that would most definitely be cool.

3. - Thoughts/IC hopes/fan speculation for Season 66 (Version 2) are also welcome.

4. - As is thoughts/comments of previous season lore.

5. - A message from the mentors, including the winning mentors will be posted, with their thoughts about the game, their experiences and future expectations and on the contestants

6. - A season long summary of 65. In case you've missed it, with links to scenes, to see them yourselves.

7. - Fan/sotf alumni reactions/reviews about events, contestants, teams according with some lore. Also analysis on game play/ the game.

8. - Possible "backstage" stuff for overall metaplot to come for v2.

9. - Speculations/hope for next season (Who knows, staff are reading this and might secretly consider.)

10. - Whatever Ideas YOU all have for the blogs for posting. Just let us know what you want to do for the site. Also, whatever suggestion generally. Someone might pick it up and use it! Post them in this thread.

@Aura Master Fox - What murderweasel said, basically. The blog starts right at the post season 65 time and will keep going from there. Intelligent type of trolls/negative people are allowed for comments. A Negative person can still have an article like opinion on the show, as long as its not purely trolling. So no troll articles, but differing opinions are allowed.

@Jimmy - Yeah any ideas are welcome, just let me know. As I've mentioned, unfavorable opinions on the events of the show are quite reasonable as fans still dislike certain things on the show, even if a fan.

Macha
Member Avatar
My life goes sort of like yours does, but funny and more drunk.
[ *  *  *  * ]
To be honest, I've always found the idea of IC Blogger/Superfan being thrown into the game ridiculously tacky.

Also, fanfiction never ends well. Just look at the kinkmeme.

Regardless, throwing my hat in to restart my old twitter / articles.
TV2:
CS4 - Genevieve Cordova - ALIVE - Rondel Dagger - My lady avails herself of marked down freedom, forever cashed out to no more.
AE1 - Eden Zahn - DECEASED - Ballistic Riot Shield - It was for freedom. From myself and from the land.
Spoiler: click to toggle

This is literally that brain eating link thing. People are putting this in their sigs again. I guess 2002 is in this season? Click it if you want. Or don't. I'm not your boss.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
I'll turn Super Saiyan and save Vale... but first, let me take a selfie.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Too bad. I'm going to write something anyways, Dom. Preferably something involving April since you said that. : D

*tears off a pen's cap with teeth and looks at shipping chart for her fanfiction*

Joking aside, I'm probably going to start a person for this for the new blog. Any tips on what peepz think we might need? Like, any particular kind of person?
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed in a Mini

Quote:

Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One thing we probably don't need is more winners chatting shop. I think we have 2-3 already (Jared, Dylan, one other maybe?). I'd say we can always use a. legitimate commentary/analysis and b. humor. Those always go down well. It'll largely depend on who comes back from the first blog.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Casey the Undead
Member Avatar
Don't tell me to smile
[ *  *  *  * ]
SickKitty is totally forever in for the Twitter/Blogging aspect. Glad it's coming back!
Bring Out Your Dead

Getting a Second Chance

Live free. Die young.

Aura
Member Avatar
The Fool
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Um... this thread's been dead for over five months. Is the blog thing happening, or did we give up on it?
SOTF-TV v2

SP1: Lukas Graves- Forming a team in United
VW2: Angie Hart- Having a bad time of it in Balls Deep

Past Minis

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've got a thing in the works (well, complete, actually ;) ) for the blog, but it's not going up until a few other things get going (specifically, my last bit for TV V1). I think there's also a lull at the moment, with no active TV stuff going on (though if people wanna contribute blog posts about last season, that'd be super sweet and I'm sure Keaka wouldn't mind putting them up).
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is true. Just lemme know. I just need to find my account notes on this to get things going and I could actually assign people ability to post whenever once I do. Just with Main Sotf doing final regs, I need to focus on that when I actually do have time outside of work and school, so this isn't top priority atm.

Still got to urgently do a profile on the other site, haha. >~>

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV1 Planning/Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.