Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Mini Scrolling Quote Suggestions
Topic Started: Aug 1 2012, 06:02 AM (1,578 Views)
Mini_HELP
Member Avatar
Alright, who the hell plugged in the Overlord?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hello Sotf-Mini Handlers:

If you take a look at the top of the forums, there is a "Coming soon" message about scrolling quotes. If you all have any suggestions for it, you can post so right here. We may be having a quote for each mini, so if you have some for any of those, feel free to post them here. These will change every now and then, so keep posting them whenever!

*A good tip to keep track of these, is to post what you think may be good quotes as you read the game.

Past Quotes
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
this avatar satisfies me so well
[ *  *  *  * ]
No suggestions, but something that needs to be looked at is how the marquee scrolls on each theme. On Terminal Velocity and Zeta Original it works fine (lol who uses zeta original ever), but because Innovation and Maya are framed from top to bottom there is no way for the marquee text to enter the center without crossing the frame border, which looks rather awkward. It's worse for Ashyn (the theme I use); because there is no horizontal space for the marquee to be it overlaps with the navigation buttons, making them unclickable. As someone who uses those buttons to quickly move up folders, this is very irritating.
EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!!!

Second Chances V2:
Clair Belvedere - Box of Condoms - Hanging back in Earth Sky From Venus
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ooh, is Ashyn still busted? I use Zeta Original, and it was initially only on that, but the announcement got dropped a bit early so I quickly slapped it onto the other themes. I'll take it off Ashyn until I have enough time to format it properly.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And, all the technical issues for the three mentioned themes should be ironed out now. Let me know if anything else needs fixing! Thanks for catching those.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
One quote I liked was from Karen Ruiz, who said - "Every ending is happy for someone and sad for someone else."
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Artsy Stuff That People Have Done

Slam
Member Avatar
otp (art by Kotorikun)
[ *  *  *  * ]
From jimmy's post just now in A Moment of Reprise:

Quote:

The Program. It's about survival of the fittest, nothing more. We can lie to ourselves by saying there is a way to escape, where in reality there isn't.

Maybe it's just me but I think this fits the Program tone so very well.
Program VAM3RICA
Posted Image Eleanor 'Nellie' Fitzpatrick' - DECEASED - 1 - 2 - 3

Second Second Chances
Posted Image B09: Jay Harland - DECEASED - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cropped it at a slightly different point, 'cause it flowed a bit better that way, but yeah, I like that one.

Also, shoot, I forgot to mention a couple things:

1. I'll be making some calls on my own, especially featuring prominent stuff like Endgames. I usually like to shout out to Endgames.
2. It's cool that folks like some of my quotes, but I actually never use anything I've written with one of my characters, because I feel like I'm too biased as curator of the scrolling quote.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions, and keep 'em coming. Like on Main, I'll make an archive in the first post. :)
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Updated due to the fact that TV seems to be in the final stretch! :)
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
A quote from Nick Ried in The Twilight of Our Youth:

Quote:

"I don't think there's any value," he said between heavy breaths, "in trying to talk at this point."

Just cause Second Chances needs some love.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Artsy Stuff That People Have Done

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, this isn't a quote, but every so often, the quote has been appearing like this on my browser.

Posted Image

I don't know if anyone else has been having this issue, but I want to share it (I'm using Google Chrome by the way).
Mini Art

Former characters

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, it's happened to me occasionally with the odd skins. Are you running adblock? I think ads vanishing may sometimes tweak the format a bit.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I am. I just put it in yesterday.
Mini Art

Former characters

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Were the issues happening before that?

If not, there's nothing we can really do because that's probably the issue, but you can F5 it a couple times and it'll probably clear up. Also, Zeta Original has worked fine most of the time for me, so if you don't hate that skin it'll probably be a bit more stable.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, it looks like it comes in every so often. Yesterday was when it first started appearing like this (and it's only on this board, Main's quote is fine). But I guess it's not really that big a deal. Just wanted to know if anyone else saw it like this.
Mini Art

Former characters

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
So hey, anyone got any good quotes from TV2 we could consider? Audrey's is good, but it's been up there for a while, and with the new version almost over it might be cool to update it.
TV2: Died, Didn't Do

SC2: Attempt Number Deux

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Support/Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.