Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Sotf-TV Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Apr 5 2012, 11:35 PM (10,976 Views)
Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
Eldritch Consumer, Requiem Agent
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
SUPER MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ENDGAME!!!!!111ONEONEONE11111!!!!!

Anastasia dieded.

And she didn't smiled.

And I'm not leaving the situ.

AnArchy Forever!

SLASH SPOYLARZ
Mini Characters

There was once a dumb psuedo-news line here. Now there's this pretentious nonsense. YOU1 DID THIS, YOU1 KNOW WHO YOU1 ARE!

1. Yeah you, you nefarious ne'er-do-well you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just wanted to say, now that the spoiler buffer is mostly elapsed, that TV2's conclusion was a blast to read.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm gonna make one big thread for this later, but for now, here are the TV2 word count stats presented in the same format/spirit as on Main. If you haven't checked that out, the basic legend is that characters marked in purple were the longest character yet eliminated when they went out, and characters marked with an asterisk (*) share large chunks of at least one substantial post with other characters so are slightly inflated by that (it's not too major a skewing for anyone in TV2 besides Christine, though).

This list includes the game only—no Sandbox or Epilogues.

Finally, word count is in no ways an indicator of quality. It's an indicator of length. In that capacity, it's a much better one than thread count, as we'll see shortly, but is still flawed—a one-shot, for examples, is weighted the same as that many words of a character hiding while someone else reads the John Galt speech out loud in the posts between theirs, and the latter is clearly a much higher load/commitment (unless you skip the stuff not by the character you're following).

I've also run some averages, for the sake of interest.

List by Death Order

List from lowest to highest word count

Top 10 longest of TV2 sorted longest to shortest

Averages

Interesting quirks: as in V4, the trend move steadily upwards... except for the final pre-Endgame batch of characters. Due to a twist of chance and timing, the characters eliminated in the Fifth Announcement skewed comparatively wordy (including four of the ten longest TV2 characters), while the pre-Endgame set was comparatively brief. This is likely also due to the small sample sizes—at ten or fewer characters out, there's more room for outliers to influence the averages by fluke.

Also noteworthy is the fact that the TV2 average is lower than the V4 average... but not by that much. V4 and TV2 actually had very similar run-times from start to Endgame, but TV2 had several notable periods of delay and slowdown, including long spells without rolls, which likely accounts for a chunk of the gap.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · TV2 Planning/Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.