Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Program Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Apr 5 2012, 11:35 PM (7,409 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I made a thread like this for the Program before, but the General Thread on the main site reminded me to bring the idea back again.

This thread is one where we can post our thoughts and comments on anything we've read, witnessed, wrote, or on the events from the Program. So favorite moments, events, kills, deaths, writing, what ever. Just mention it here.

It's like the thread from the main site, so it follows the same rules, as long as it pertains to the Program mini. (Past, Present, or future editions, ect.)

~~~

Let's start this thread out like this: http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7322472/1/
From the current edition of The Program - what characters do you all think would suit each alignment the best?
Second Chances Version 2 Characters:
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Sotf-TV Season 65 Flagship:
Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to see Program get some more discussion/excitement built. I, for one, am very eager to see how Endgame goes, and am hoping it gets rolling soon.

As for alignments? Well, I'm gonna go ahead and give my thoughts on all the endgamers.

I think Sophie is definitely Chaotic Evil. She's evil for sure, as a remorseless player, and she spends too much time reveling in her kills, wanting to kill people, enjoying killing people, chasing folks with a shotgun, etc. to really fall anywhere but the chaotic end of the spectrum. Early in the game, she tried to be the scheming, LE sort, but that fell by the wayside really quickly and she wasn't ever really any good at it, so I'm gonna say CE all the way.

Brett, I'd peg as Lawful Evil. He's a part of the system, and a willing one at that. He's much less of a sadist than Sophie, and he's smart, collected, and a careful planner. He exploited the game's mechanics and got far because of it.

Marilyn I'd put at True Neutral. She tries to keep herself safe, tries to watch out for Juliet a bit, but, in the end, she's mostly concerned with surviving and getting away from the pain and chaos. She's really just trying to stay safe and avoid getting hurt, and that's for sure a neutral thing to do.

I feel like Brendon is probably Neutral Good. He looks out for his friends, risks his own safety to help others, and is dedicated to doing his best to keep people safe and not let the game win. He's not really all that rule-bound or anti-establishment, as far as I can remember, and really seems fairly level-headed without being a huge planner, so I'd say the really defining element of his personality is his good nature.

I'll try to figure out some alignments of other big Program names later.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

Fiori
Member Avatar
Shut up or Ryuhei will kick you...... IN THE FACE!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I think Sophie is definitely Chaotic Evil. She's evil for sure, as a remorseless player, and she spends too much time reveling in her kills, wanting to kill people, enjoying killing people, chasing folks with a shotgun, etc. to really fall anywhere but the chaotic end of the spectrum. Early in the game, she tried to be the scheming, LE sort, but that fell by the wayside really quickly and she wasn't ever really any good at it, so I'm gonna say CE all the way.

Funnily enough, I never actually intended her to go from "Schemer wannabe" to "Outright killer". At least, not in the same way she ended up doing. After Stephanie died, my original intention was for her to continue trying to remain under the rader whilst still simultaneously trying to get the rest of her classmates killed. For example, my original idea for how she'd kill Karl was that she would injure him in a way that would essentially cripple him, such as shooting him in the leg and leaving him for dead. The idea being that either he would bleed out or someone else would put him out of his misery and take the blame instead.

However, things got muddled up, and in the end she ended up just flat-out killing him. Then, when Luke Mendoza got rolled, I felt it made sense for Sophie to just outright kill him in revenge for what happened to her sister (Even though she found out at the last second that it wasn't even Luke in the first place).

After that though... Yeah, in hindsight, she did end up pretty much ditching subtly for a more straightforward approach to the game. I suppose she figured that with very little people left in compound there wasn't any point in trying to lay low anymore. The fact that near the end of the game all of the other players were either dead, hiding or were trying to redeem themselves probably also had something to do with her sudden change in tactics.

I do, however, disagree with the her enjoying her kills though. Well, most of them anyway. I've always tried to portray her as being ruthlessly pragmatic rather than as a sadistic psychopath (Seeing as I was already writing one at the time for a different version...). She didn't LIKE killing people, but she was cold enough to do so anyway without much remorse if it meant a one-way ticket out of the compound. The only times when she ever really took any pleasure in killing people was when it came to exacting revenge, such as in Luke Mendoza's case. (And, to a lesser extent, Bryant Carver).

So... Yeah. I always thought of her being more Neutral Evil than Chaotic Evil, but that's just my own personal interpretation. In any case, I think most people would agree that she's definitely pretty darn evil in comparison to most of the other players in the Program.
THE PROGRAM V2

M02: Damien Stone - Pitchfork/Ballistics Knife - The Lake

BRAURP

SOTF: Evolution

Program V1

TV V1

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd throw up a vote for Megan Jacobson as Chaotic Good, because she tries her damnedest to do right and be good, but damned if she doesn't do it her own (odd, confusing but heartwarming) way.
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow. So, who all is excited about Program round two? I know I'm pretty stoked. Anything anyone hopes/expects to see be really different from V1?
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
More racist characters (outwardly and inwardly), and the ethnicities those kids can fuck with.
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
I second that, but in a more general sense. I want to see more characters who really use the setting well and who wouldn't exist without the alternate setting. Yes, racism is part of that, but anything specific to the setting is good for me. Yeah, we had Harris, Karl, Juliet, etc., but we also had a lot of characters who were pretty normal. Normal is good, but I'm looking forward to seeing what fucked-up kinds of normal people come up with. For example, I want to see the racism expand beyond slurs and suspicion, and patriotism to develop more shades of gray between "USA! USA!" and "secretly I hate everything this country stands for!". I think some really good characters could be founded upon stuff like this, and it's what I'm attempting to do this go-round.
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm definitely taking advantage of the setting this go around and making some characters that fit those molds.

The first was my first RP game of Sotf, so I just stuck with normal characters last time. I've actually wanted to make characters that fit the universe here alot better, now that I got that out of the way and have planned some for a long time now.

*Also - I'm hoping to finally hero someone eventually, this time! Don't think I've been able to give up a character and hero since the Program v1. :)
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm really excited to see what folks come up with too. One of my favorite parts about Mini as a whole is that the universes are different from Main's. That's, I think, what makes Mini good for old handlers as well as newbies. While we're a good place to get started, there's also a lot to let handlers really stretch themselves and come up with stuff they couldn't do anywhere else.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Aloha
Member Avatar
honey nut feelios
[ *  *  * ]
What's considered 'canon' in the Program universe? Oh, and are all high schools named patriotically (General's Pride, Patriot, etc.)
Characters

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My guess would be many high schools are and a good number are not. It's like, we've got a lot of RL high schools named for famous people and locations, but there are those that deviate.

What do you mean about canon? Anything that happened in V1 and didn't contradict the established facts is canon. References to being on islands or wearing collars are probably not. That aside, everything here.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They aren't, I was just being hard of thought for a school name so I went to the default.
~*~

Currently Showing

Previously on Namiravision

Aloha
Member Avatar
honey nut feelios
[ *  *  * ]
By 'canon', I mean previous Programs, before General's Pride.
Characters

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not a lot has been established. The Program is not as big a viewing deal/spectator sport as is, say, SOTF-TV, so it's not been necessary to come up with anything thus far.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Random Comment: Figures the one time I'm stretching and making non-athletes, the school happens to be famous for their top-tier athletic program. =P

~~~~~~

Also since we're going onto Program V2 - I'm interested/curious in hearing something from ANYONE who has read any of the Program, whether you were in it or not.

Now that quite a bit of time has passed since the main part of Program V1 happened: What did you each think were some of the most memorable Moments of the last Program story?

(I'll be asking similar questions for TV and Virtua later, with the TV answers you give me being put into the new Survival of the Snarkiest Blog, I'm working on restarting.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Program V2 Planning/Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.