Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Far From Home
Topic Started: Mar 11 2012, 01:50 AM (1,688 Views)
kervin555
Member Avatar
Renee Murphy, as Facemade by me!
[ *  * ]
Renee's heart felt a bit heavy at the mention of the conversation they had at the ranch. Of him bodyguarding her. Was what he said true? Did she really do it just so she could say she didn't kill anyone?

No, of course not. That was not the aim at the time. The aim at the time was finding any way to survive this whole ordeal. She knew that Brian could be helpful in that aim. But her priorities had changed since then, and she hadn't realized how out of hand Brian could get.

Renee was distracted enough by her thoughts that by the time she started to pay attention again, Brian was already leaving. She relaxed her gun arm, letting it aim at the ground.

With her left hand, she wiped away the sweat that she hadn't realized was forming on her forehead. She sighed, but at least she was calming down now.

She looked at Sam. "Hey, sorry about that. Brian and I kind of go a little ways back." Just a little, of course.

Looking for something to turn her attention to, she looked at Amelia. She was still a potential danger. Not very likely to explode and to turn into something really dangerous, but still dangerous. She looked at Sam, and whispering, she said, "What do we do about Amelia?"
Mini Characters
Virtua SOTF - F05: Renee Murphy - GAME OVER - Tec-9, H&K MP5 - "Are you going to talk to me this time? "Well, now or never, right?"
Threads: Holding Out For A Hero > Inexplicable > Rebel Without a Clue > While Rome Burns > Far From Home > Breaking Point > Swan Song > Still Red > Last of the Alderbrooks

Virtua SOTF - M16: Patrick Reynolds - GAME OVER - 2x Molotov Cocktails - "Um, I think we're lost." "Is that odd? Handsome guy like me and he doesn't have a girlfriend?
Threads: The Funniest Joke in the World > I Can Hear the Bells > From Where You're Kneeling

Artistic Interpretations AKA Give these people a round of applause!

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
W A H
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Oh God, I am SO sorry for the wait, guys. I've just had real trouble deciding on Amelia's death.))

Amelia could sense that everyone was keeping an eye out for her, in case her small movement towards her pickaxe lead to something more. No-one said anything about it, however, so Amelia continued her slow journey towards the pickaxe and bag. As she did, she tried to block out what was being said; she just wanted to focus on getting out of here now. Letting people sway her with speeches was not what she wanted.

Unfortunately for her, Amelia just couldn’t help but listen in on the conversation. There wasn’t much to it. It was mostly Brian responding to Renee’s accusations, about how he’d apparently got Vivian killed. Brian didn’t seem to understand, seemed calm in fact. Calm about getting Vivian killed, calm about killing Eoin himself. Amelia didn’t think she hated anyone more than him right now. She wanted to just run up to him, take him by surprise, stab the knife into his chest. But she couldn’t. Why can’t I? I… I was able to kill Tania, wasn’t I? How come… how… why…

I can’t do this anymore.

Amelia stopped moving, stopped listening to the conversation. Ever since she’d killed Tania she’d been unsure of what she was doing, really. She hadn’t killed Brian. Hadn’t killed Mike or Anton. Hadn’t killed Sam or Renee. That was what her plan had been, so why wasn’t she going through with it? It was simple really. Amelia just couldn’t bring herself to kill these people. Couldn’t bring herself to kill the people she’d gone to school with, couldn’t kill her friends. She’d been worrying about Rebecca and Katie the whole time, hadn’t she? She’d killed Tania because she was afraid and confused and she hadn’t seen the girl and she’d said she was going to attack her and so many other factors that were completely meaningless now.

Amelia felt herself crying but she didn’t care. She’d tried her hardest to survive, to get out of here alive, done everything she could, but it wasn’t enough, because there were people out here that would kill without hesitation and murder their friends to survive, and Amelia wasn’t one of those people.

Brian had gone now, but Sam and Renee were still there. No shots had been fired. The pair seemed to be whispering to one another, no doubt about her. Walking faster than before, but much slower than her normal pace, Amelia went to pick up her bag and pickaxe, before turning and facing Sam and Renee. “I…” Amelia tried to say, her voice too high-pitched and dry to hear. Swallowing, she tried again. “I’m going to leave now. You can either let me go, or… or you can… shoot me. It’s… it’s your choice.”
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

Awesome art by awesome people

???

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just like that, Brian ditched. Off to cause more trouble. Perhaps even off to kill more, more of the classmates that should have meant something to him, if only because of the time that he'd known them. Then again, maybe that was just the way Sam felt. Maybe it didn't matter how long you knew people, once it came down to life and death.

Renee was whispering to him about Brian. He got the message - some prior history. They shouldn't have let Brian leave. They should have tied him down somehow, left him somewhere with people to watch over him. But with guns on both sides, forcing any confrontation hadn't been likely to lead to that ideal case, and Sam hadn't been willing or able to risk it.

Enough about that. There were more pressing problems. Sam turned his attention to Amelia, as she picked up her pickaxe and bag. And then, she made her ultimatum - freedom or death.

As much as he wanted to just clean his hands of the whole thing and pick one of her choices unconditionally, he couldn't. She was still a killer, and she still posed a threat to anyone she met if they let her go free like that. He didn't have leverage, not like he might have with Delilah when they met up again. He could still try; he'd just have to use a bit of a different tactic.

"Go," Sam said. "Stay safe. No more killing, or we'll find you." Intimidation. He was making a threat, not one that he hoped he would have to follow through on, but a threat nonetheless. He hoped Renee understood, or agreed. Hoped he was doing the right thing.

Once he found Delilah, he'd come back for Amelia. They'd all get together. The last survivors of Alderbrook. They'd figure something out.

Sooner or later, all the threats would be neutralized, one way or another, or he'd be dead.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V3 Prologue:
Sylvia Veneski -- F32 -- Clothes Hanger -- Alive -- Stroke of Midnight

Auld Lang Syne

kervin555
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Sam was making a threat. Unlikely that he actually meant what he said. That'd they'd find her if she didn't stop killing. Still, it felt sort of relieving to know that they might actually be making a difference out here.

Renee didn't know what to think about then. She seemed to feel like that a lot these past two days. Still, there was a very good reason for it. She went over the announcements in her head once more. From what she could remember, about four-fifths of their class were dead by now. Renee wondered how, in two days, a lot of the people that she grew up with no longer lived. Survival of the fittest was a horrible thing, even if Darwin was right.

She remembered then, what she had thought of when she was at the ranch with Brian and Vivian. She recalled feeling happy about Brian failing to conceal his concern for Vivian. She thought about how he must've felt when she died. Renee gulped. Maybe it'd been a bad idea to pin Vivian's death on him.

At that moment, she remembered another thing, too. This one was about emotions and not having to deal with them. She remembered the frustration she felt when Vivian wanted to leave a perfect hideout, when Sam wanted go looking for Delilah. Nonsensical, pointless. Or at least it seemed like that at the time.

Renee saw what raw emotion could do to people. It could turn the nicest and most bashful people you knew into stonehearted killers. Simon Mattheson was proof enough of that. Delilah, too. And Vivian, God rest her soul.

But maybe the opposite was true, as well? If emotion could turn people into killers, then maybe it might be able to reverse that condition.

Renee turned to Sam. "We should find Delilah."
Mini Characters
Virtua SOTF - F05: Renee Murphy - GAME OVER - Tec-9, H&K MP5 - "Are you going to talk to me this time? "Well, now or never, right?"
Threads: Holding Out For A Hero > Inexplicable > Rebel Without a Clue > While Rome Burns > Far From Home > Breaking Point > Swan Song > Still Red > Last of the Alderbrooks

Virtua SOTF - M16: Patrick Reynolds - GAME OVER - 2x Molotov Cocktails - "Um, I think we're lost." "Is that odd? Handsome guy like me and he doesn't have a girlfriend?
Threads: The Funniest Joke in the World > I Can Hear the Bells > From Where You're Kneeling

Pippin
Member Avatar
W A H
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Amelia couldn’t read Sam, didn’t know what he was thinking. Would he shoot her, or let her go? At that point in time, Amelia could hardly care. She just wanted him to get it over with, either through her departure or her death. Renee stayed silent, on the sidelines, waiting and watching to see what Sam would do as well.

“Go. Stay safe. No more killing, or we’ll find you.”

It was almost amusing, really. Amelia didn’t plan on staying safe, and she certainly didn’t plan on killing anyone else. Sam’s comment did prove something as well; two things in fact. It showed Amelia that, even though she hadn’t been able to attack Sam and Renee, when the time came, they would attack her. And it also showed her that, no matter what she did, she’d only be remembered as the girl who brutally murdered her classmate with a pickaxe. Amelia couldn’t live with that hanging over her head.

Amelia turned to set off, then realised she wanted to say something more. She stopped as she mulled over what she was about to say, before looking back towards Sam and Renee. “Trust me. There’ll be no more killing. That I know for sure.” Amelia said this with a small, wry smile, but with tears in her eyes as well. “Good luck… Good luck both of you. And, uh… and if you see Katie or Rebecca, tell them… tell them I’m sorry… I’m sorry, and thank them for everything they’ve done for me and… and I’ll miss them so goddamn much…”

Was there anything else Amelia wanted to say? Probably. But that could wait for a moment. Wait for a time when she was alone. Amelia turned her back on Sam and Renee, and headed off. Where to, she didn’t care.

((Amelia Lennon continued in The Highest Heights))
Edited by Pippin, Apr 7 2012, 12:27 AM.
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

Awesome art by awesome people

???

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Something Amelia said bothered him. Telling them to tell her friends that she was sorry, all in that tone of voice. It was enough to set off alarm bells in his head, tell him something was wrong.

Sam opened his mouth, as if to - what? Call her back? He didn't have anything else to say. Nothing that would help.

By the time he could gather the rest of his thoughts, she was already out of earshot.

He swallowed, the spit sliding down his parched throat. Then he shook his head. Amelia would probably do fine on her own. They'd come find her. They just had to find Delilah, set things right. Renee had said what he was thinking.

"Right." Sam hitched his bags over his shoulder. "Let's go."

((Samuel Wilson continued in Breaking Point))
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V3 Prologue:
Sylvia Veneski -- F32 -- Clothes Hanger -- Alive -- Stroke of Midnight

Auld Lang Syne

kervin555
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Amelia had said to apologize to Katie or Rebecca and that she'd miss them. Renee could do that. She could definitely do that.

"I will," Renee said even though Amelia could probably no longer hear her.

Sam was moving, off to find Delilah. Renee followed. She hoped that Sam was enough to get Delilah back to normal. Renee felt the need to see this mission of hers through to the end. There weren't many of them left, but she could try to do something, anything, for those that were left.

For Vivian and Patrick and Julia and Vienna and everyone.

"For me," she muttered. "For my sanity, and Sam's."

(Renee Murphy continued elsewhere...)
Mini Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cactus Patch Springs · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.