Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Of Moons, Birds & Monsters; Open: Day 5, Noon.
Topic Started: Dec 8 2011, 05:12 AM (4,022 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Renée was less relieved than she had expected to be when Mae went after Shawn. She still didn't quite trust the girl. At least the two of them were on the same team, and had been working together before. There was absolutely no reason for Mae to hurt Shawn, so Renée was willing to assume the two of them were relatively safe for the moment. It would be better to stay here with Lexi and Mason. They were the ones she had more experience with, and they were the ones who were likely to be hurting right now.

In fact, it might be good to have a quick conference while the members of the Gold Team were away. Nothing duplicitous, of course. Renée wasn't going to suggest they buy into the game and start playing just because it was getting close to the end. No, she just wanted the others to keep their eyes open, to let her know if they saw anything that even might be suspicious. She started towards Mason, had made it a few steps when his voice rang out.

He was calling to some new arrivals. In the dimness, Renée couldn't tell who they were, just that the one in front was female and armed, maybe heavily. Mason was telling her to drop her gun, to stand down. That was good and bad. This didn't need to get ugly. He had the right idea, but his execution was poor. Time to step in and help out.

"This is Renée Carlson," she yelled, stepping closer to Mason. "We aren't playing. We've got three teams together here, and we aren't looking for trouble. If you don't want to fight, you're welcome to join us, but we need you to put your gun down."

Renée was feeling tense, feeling like it was all going to fall to pieces once more. They had, what, half the living people on this beach? This could be one of the players. Were there any major female players left? Didn't matter. She made sure not to reach for her razor, which she had slipped back into her pocket after showing to Lexi. It wouldn't do her any good against a gun at this range, and she didn't want the newcomer any more nervous than necessary.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
Look at the POOL, Michael, look at the magic in it!!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry for skipping, Namira, but Brennan's death needs to be dealt with))

Brennan hadn’t really expected anyone from the group to notice him. He hadn’t said anything after all, and the darkness, his relative size and the sand muffling his footsteps meant he’d been almost invisible.

So when Mason jumped up, holding a gun, pointed in Brennan’s general direction, he was almost more surprised at being seen than shocked. Almost, but not quite. Brennan let out a barely audible yelp, but aside from that, he froze instantly, heart racing. Vincent’s shotgun was still cradled in his arms, and his handgun was buried in the pocket of his trousers, but despite this, Brennan knew the taller boy had the upper hand. He’d never even pointed a gun at someone, after all. It was no surprise, therefore, that as soon as Mason shouted to “drop the gun”, Brennan did so immediately, the sand muffling the thump of the shotgun’s fall.

Oh God... now what? Hopefully he’s just doing what Michael did... just making sure I’m not planning anything...

It was around about now that Brennan realised the taller boy’s gun wasn’t actually pointed at him, instead pointed to the side of him. Barely daring to make a move, Brennan looked round, and saw someone else, the other person he’d seen walking towards the group. She was also holding a gun, which looked comically oversized compared to her skinny figure. Brennan then realised that everyone in the group had their attention fixed on the other girl.

Oh... so I guess they didn’t see me then, huh...either that, or she just looks a much bigger threat...

Despite feeling slightly foolish at his mistake, Brennan realised his situation was slightly better than it had been before. With his shotgun still on the floor, he wouldn’t be seen as a threat. Hopefully that would mean he’d have a better chance at getting into the group. He started walking towards them again, when he heard something, so faint he almost thought he imagined it. Brennan stopped and looked up at the group. It couldn’t have been them. They’re all either shouting or keeping silent.

“Get over here before you get yourself killed.”

Behind him. Someone was whispering to him. Brennan quickly turned his head to see another girl, someone else he didn’t recognise. That didn’t matter, however. What did matter was the fact that she had an orange bandana around her wrist. Brennan’s heart began to race again, this time with excitement mixed together with fear. Excitement due to the fact that he’d found someone else on his team, and fear because his previous two encounters with Orange team members had gone pretty haywire.

Brennan looked at the girl, then back at the group. I’m gonna have to choose one... if I choose the group, then she might not want to help anymore. But if I go with her, I could persuade her to help me join up with the group... I guess the answer’s obvious, really...

Brennan turned and, as quickly as he could, jogged towards Madelyn. He stopped, and was about to say some form of greeting, when he suddenly had a disturbing thought; this girl had an orange bandana, which made absolutely zero sense. There were five members on each team, and he knew that Eric, Vincent and, obviously, himself were on the Orange Team. He’d read in Tiffany’s journal that she had been on Orange, and Vincent had told him that Kathy Clements had also been a teammate. That made five, and this girl was not Kathy or Tiffany.

The look on Brennan’s face changed from one of hope to a mix of confusion and distrust. “H-hold on...” he said, voice as nervous as ever. “Wh-who exactly are you?”
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

Awesome art by awesome people

???

Acidic
Member Avatar
Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping for the sake of death))

He came, good. But could she do it? The other times were accidents, but this would make her a player. No words around it, she killed without provocation. As he approached, her heart beat increased. It was working, she was going to kill. She was going to win.

Then he realized something was wrong, but it was too late for either of them. Madelyn grabbed him by the throat, and held him against the wall. Pressing her body against his. Preventing him from shooting her as she did Marcus.

She wanted to close her eyes, and avoid facing what she was doing. But Madelyn couldn't afford it. Survival had its costs, and Madelyn hoped her ass could pay that check.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

"Fuck everyone, cuddle the survivors."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A voice echoes through small sobs from Brennan's collar...

"I'm a failure. I've failed you all. It's obvious right here, that Orange has no chance to live without Ferric Tam. I'm sorry, um... you."

A voice echoes from Renée and Mason's collars...

"You certainly are an exciting bunch aren't you? A perfect cure for writer's block! The action, the tension; it is oh so inspiring. I wonder what will happen next? Whatever it may be, I'm sure it will be quite wonderful!"

A voice echoes rather loudly from Alexis's collar...

"Shut your mouth, Woman! What is wrong with you? How dare you encourage these children to do such horrible things. It is NOT inspiring! Stop pointing your guns at each other this instant. Shame on you all!"

A voice echoes quietly from Nate's collar.

"I know you don't want to hear my voice, so I'll make this short, since I still want you to live. I've been in show business for years. One thing I learned is that you gotta keep on fighting. If not, then people are just gonna walk all over you. Take it from me kid. Experience..."
Second Chances Version 2 Characters:
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Sotf-TV Season 65 Flagship:
Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

Pippin
Member Avatar
Look at the POOL, Michael, look at the magic in it!!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Everything happened so quickly. He spoke, and for a moment, Brennan was sure he saw the girl’s expression change from calmness to one of determination. He hardly had any time to wonder what had caused this change before something grabbed him by the throat and slammed him against the wooden wall of a hut.

For a few seconds, Brennan was dazed and confused. Wh-what was that? What just h-happened? Wh-Oh God...

It was the girl. She had her hands wrapped around his throat, holding him against the wall, slowly but surely cutting off his air supply. Brennan tried to push her away, tried to grab her arms, anything to get her away from him, but the girl was pressed against him, making sure he couldn’t move at all. The handgun in Brennan’s pocket seemed to be taunting him; he could feel it’s weight, could feel it’s shape against his leg, but it was completely useless and out of reach.

Brennan didn’t stop struggling, though. Didn’t stop trying to push the girl away from him, no matter how futile his efforts were. He was so scared, so very scared. He didn’t want to die. He’d known it had always been a possibility, but only now, when he was actually being attacked, did he realise just how real a possibility it actually was. Brennan opened his mouth to try and yell for help, but nothing came out. The group by the water was too far away to see or hear him. He had no idea where Vincent was. There was no-one to help him. And yet, he still kept struggling.

Brennan blinked, and everything turned blurrier and darker. His arms were growing weak, and his struggling was reduced to mere flailing. His thoughts were growing less and less coherent with every passing second. I-I should’ve... should’ve stayed with... with Vincent... at least then I’d... have stayed safe...

What had he done to deserve this? Had he cared about other people more than himself, wanting to make sure his friends weren’t harmed without caring about himself? He’d thrown himself at Zach, a murderer, out of anger, yes, but also to make sure he didn’t harm anyone else. And he’d left Vincent, a guy who’d protected him, but also stated he’d kill anyone he came across, just so his friends wouldn’t get hurt.

He blinked again, and the world got darker still. Brennan could hear a voice from somewhere, slightly familiar, slightly metallic. He could barely make out the words, but two stuck out to him. Failure. Failed. Brennan didn’t know what the guy was talking about, but he felt the words suited himself.

Mom, Dad, Logan. He wasn’t coming home. He’d never get to see them again, never get to see Logan grow up.

Eric. Bobby, Cesar and Simon. Mae and Michael. Vincent. He’d joined up with them, allied with them, and then left them, run away at the first sign of danger, leaving them to die or kill.

Brenda. Tiffany. They were his friends, probably his best friends in the whole of Detroit, and what had he done to help them on the island? Nothing. He hadn’t found them, hadn’t helped them, hadn’t saved them. Tiffany had said he’d “make something of himself someday”; now, he’d never even live to see “someday”

Ali. Oh god, Ali. He’d been there, been there to protect her, and he’d let her go, let her get killed. He had been next to useless, he hadn’t even got revenge against Zach for killing her... he’d failed her. Completely and utterly.

And in his last few moments, everything that Brennan had ever known, all the bonds he’d ever made, all the strength he’d gained on the island shattered around him.

I’m... sorry...

And slowly,

Mom, Dad... Logan...

slowly,

Bobby... Simon... Cesar...

bit

B-Brenda... Tiffany...

by bit,

Ali... I’m sorry...

everything turned dark.

BRENNAN O’BRIAN-ORANGE NO. 2-DECEASED
Currently Playing

Remembering those lost

Awesome art by awesome people

???

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
There I did it. She didn't wait too long this time, nor did she give him a chance to run. Madelyn's blood was cold, washed in the spirit of the life she had chocked out of the boy immediately in front of her. She didn't know how long she stood there, hoping that he would and wouldn't move. That she wasn't a murderer, and that she was successful. He arms started to shake, but before that could continue she heard a gun shot.

At first she thought of the stand off she had avoided, then she remembered.

Her team mate never came with her, and he was alone with Shawn and Mae.

After a quick looting of the boy's body. She ignored the memories of the voice that wasn't his, the struggle for life and liberty that had happened through her fingers.

She turned back and headed to her team mate.

(((Edited because I'm a twit))
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nate stared back at the tall guy with the gun like a deer in the headlights. Where had he come from!? She'd been walking across the sand towards the distant figures and suddenly there he was straight in front of her!

Well, not straight in front of her, but definitely a lot closer than he'd been since the last time she'd blinked. Close enough to see his weapon trained straight on, close enough for him to bark out a threat. Instead of complying, Nate simply froze up. She didn't know what she'd been expecting, but here it was again.

Violence. Anger. Rejection.

What had she don-

Her erratic eyes wandered across her hands.

Oh yes. That. She was covered in blood, livid and bright against her pale skin. In art, this might have been a beautiful contrast - the pallid girl and the dark stains... Instead it was monstrous.

Nate shrank back, counter to the order, clutching the gun tightly to her chest.
~*~

Currently Showing

Previously on Namiravision

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Was she serious? Was she fucking serious?

Renee was trying to talk the girl down with her "good leader" routine. Mason didn't think this (bloodstained) girl was buying it. The voice came back over his collar, but he didn't hear that. He was intent on the chick with the rifle.

The rifle that was now clenched tightly in her hands. She didn't look like she was planning on listening to him.

Fuck it, then. Full court press. The shot clock's winding down and you need to get the rock in the air before the buzzer.

"I'm not gonna fucking say it again! Drop the fucking GUN!"

Mason raised his weapon over his head, thumbed the select-fire stud to single-shot and pumped a round into the air. The crack of gunpowder filled the air of the beach, over the gentle lapping of the waves.

Oughta get her attention.
Edited by outfoxd, Dec 21 2011, 04:16 AM.
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Mae St. Clair continued from Clusterfuck, I will add the link here but I just want to get into the thread ASAP!)

Mae froze as she heard the gun go off, but her pulse seemed to go back to normal as soon as she heard the bullet whiz by. Who was firing? The only person she could think of was Madelyn, she had never trusted the girl and all hell was breaking loose now, right after we sent the girl back. Mae gripped her Colt Single Action Army, the only gun that was really usable in this situation. What was going on.

"Who just fired?" She called out, trying to act as business as possible. There was no way, with Shawn attempting to get everyone off the island safely, that she was going to allow things to fall apart now. Not for him. She swallowed hard against her fear. Something felt so completely wrong about all of this. Something felt so strange in her gut.

I'm going to die, she thought with startling clarity.

"Seriously," she said. "It doesn't have to be like this."
-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Renee was offering a peaceful way out. Telling the girl that if she just put down her gun that she could join them. Then again with fourteen of them left, how long would six people in a group really stick together. Well, unless somehow they escaped, but the odds were against that, really.

Lexi thought to look through Shawn's bag for ammo for the pistol. She found food, water, a dead snake!? She would have to ask Shawn about that, but then she found a small box of bullets. Okay, she was prepared if she had to be.

Then she heard a voice, a new voice, but no person. Oh, it was coming from Renee, and she heard it coming from Mason too. So it was the white team mentor, having no advice, but telling them that they were exciting. Then a familiar upset voice was yelling from her collar. As usual, it was about how they shouldn't fight. But if it broke up this fight Lexi would be thankful, even if her yelling probably wouldn't stopped the hardened murderers.

Uh oh, the girl with the gun was still holding it. Then Mason was yelling that he wouldn't tell her again. Then he fired a shot. "Mason!" Why was he shooting? He would only start a fight if he shot at the girl.

Then she heard a voice call out. Mae. Asking who had fired. She'd answer in a minute. Her hand was gripping the hook even tighter. Something bad was about to happen.
Edited by Courtography, Dec 21 2011, 10:43 PM.
Second Chances V2
B04: Dan Liu Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Things were getting worse. The mentors were yelling from the collars. The girl wasn't backing down. Renée wasn't sure what to do. It was all going wrong again, like back at the ski lodge, like when Peter had been killed. It was getting worse, and there were so few of them left, and it was hard to even begin to imagine how this could end well. There was no time. She'd squandered it all away hoping for an idea to come and searching for a boy who would have been better off had they never found him. She hadn't accomplished anything.

But maybe, just maybe, she still had a chance. Maybe she could save a life, stop a fight, hold the chaos at bay for just a few more minutes. Mason fired his gun into the air, and Renée stepped closer, stood taller, and took a deep breath.

They just had to calm down and talk. They just needed to have a truce for a few seconds. She'd seen this show. She knew that it was disorder and hasty decisions that killed. People dropped their defenses when they were panicking, and that's when the nasty people could sweep in and gun everyone down. No one was shooting yet. No one had gone bad. They just had to focus, though, or they might all die. That was the one thing she couldn't take. Not after they'd lost so many. Not when it felt like they were so close to something. She didn't know what, but they were close. She wanted to give everyone a chance to make things better. She couldn't save everyone, she knew that now, but maybe she could just buy them a little time.

"Stop," she yelled, as loud as she could. "Everyone, just calm down."
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The voice of Pete Finch might as well have been on mute, for all the acknowledgement Nate gave it. Instead her wide-eyed stare remained fixed on the guy wearing the white bandanna, fixed on him as if he were at the end of a narrow tunnel. There were other voices, but they took on an ethereal, echoing quality, like they didn't even belong to real people.

She was hyperventilating from tension and fear, her narrow chest rising and falling at a crazy rate, her whole slender frame shaking. Nate wanted badly to offer a reassurance, to tell them that she didn't mean any harm, but her tongue remained stubbornly still. She didn't have the words. She'd never had the words, that's why it had been easier just to paint and sing the songs that made sense only to her. And just because things were bad - maybe the worst since even Marvia - didn't mean that she was going to suddenly have a moment of complete clarity and eloquence.

It was all she could do just to hold off a freak out.

Then the boy fired his gun, tearing through Nate's fragile calm like wicked talons. She opened her mouth to say something - anything, but only incoherent stammering came out.

Oh god. Oh god. He's gonna shoot, he's gonna shoot cause I can't think what to say, I'mgonnadie because I'm freaking tongue tied! He's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill me unless I do SOMETHING!

But if she couldn't talk him down, and couldn't run...

It clicked. Horribly. But it clicked.

She'd just... maybe just to frighten them off, long enough that she could get away, hide...

When Nate's finger tightened on the trigger of the Dragunov, this time, it was not accidental.
~*~

Currently Showing

Previously on Namiravision

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The next step was nowhere near what Mason hoped would happen. The girl had started to raise the rifle, and in mirror image Mason had raised his pistol and thumbed it back to 3-shot. He didn't notice that the gun wasn't pointing at him, instead aimed over and to his left. He just know she was pointing it.

Have it your goddamn way.

The thought, definitive, ugly, cutting in the back of his mind, was the preface. The girl's rifle gave a shout, startling his own finger. The Beretta jumped and spat back a nine millimeter retort.

"FUCK!" Mason screamed, and on the heels of that came a torrent of quieter but no less vitriolic curses.

His hands were shaking again. It was a wonder he didn't fire off another burst.
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, Shawn and Mae were here. The other kid was nowhere to be seen. Maybe they got in a fight, and he run away. Or they had killed him, she wasn't sure. Still, Madelyn decided to keep an eye on them while the stand off went south. Keeping her gun half raised she wondered if she was waisting time not finding that Sterling kid.

Then she saw her friend pull out a gun, for what reason she didn't know, but it was Sterling's gun. Shawn had to go down, and Madelyn fixed her gun at him. Partially stalling, and listening to the condition of the stand off.

There was a shot, and a stream of curses. Madelyn decided she had waited too long, and fired. Only as she pressed her finger to the trigger did he move, putting Mae into the line of fire.

SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
(GMing of Shawn approved by Keaka!)

There was a pop, and then silence. At first Mae thought that she was going to have a rational conversation and then things were going to happen and then violence would erupt all around her, just like it always did, but Madelyn had raised her gun and fired, something had knocked...and then...then....

Red blossomed on Mae's white lace shirt like some dark flower situated right below her sternum. Or at least that's what Mae thought it looked like. Oddly pretty. Shawn stared at her, for a moment not comprehending what at just happened. Mae's face looked so serene, and then her legs buckled and she hit the ground before Shawn could catch her.

Unawares of what was going around around them, the tattered remains of the Golden Couple spoke quietly to each other. Shawn brushed a couple of stray strands of dark hair out of Mae's eyes so she could see better.

Mae was so confused, her honey colored eyes searching upwards for an explanation...this sort of thing, it didn't happen to her. She had survived Zach, she had survived shoot outs and Panya and had killed Sterling and the only thing she had had ever had to show for it was a single scratch on her cheek from the forest that had only served to enhance her beauty, at least in her mind, and hopefully in the minds of the viewers.

She was some sort of heroine from some sort of pulp action adventure novel, and at the end her and Shawn were supposed to run off into the sunset together forever, right? She touched his cheek, things were starting to grow hazy. Was this how Jake felt when he died? He had been so frantic though, so scared, and for Mae it felt like falling asleep.

The cameras were probably trained on her, eager for the final words of the girl who had had to chose between Zach and Shawn, for the ballerina who killed. She didn't know what to say, so she only said this:

"Survive this."

Shawn bent his head to kiss her, and when he lifted it back up again, Mae was gone.

GLD1: MAE ST. CLAIR: DEAD
-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Resort Beach · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.