Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Virtua: First Rolls; Read this! Things are a bit different.
Topic Started: Dec 2 2011, 01:56 AM (1,649 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello, everyone! For Virtua, we are testing a new death deadline procedure. It will function as follows:

The first rolls are below. As usual, there are three days to play cards. Two weeks from now, we will conduct the second rolls. Again, three days for cards. However, the first roll's deaths are not due until three days before the third rolls (where we also have the first announcement). In other words, every roll's deadline spans two sets of rolls. Since there are two sets of deaths in progress at any time, and one coming due at each roll, the rate is exactly the same as for the other Minis, beyond the first month. Handlers also get enough time to pull together better scenes. Of course, since the time for deaths is effectively being doubled across the board, extensions will be granted only for severe issues (tragedy, natural disaster, complete inability to access the internet) spanning at least a week in length. Extensions beyond a week will not be granted except through unanimous staff approval (where "unanimous" means "no objections among those staff who weigh in within a reasonable time"). Deaths that go over the deadline but are in before the announcement/midmonths will be disqualified from any contests. Deaths that are later than that will be grabbed by Help and handled by the staff with the greatest possible expedience.

We do realize that a handler could, theoretically, have to juggle two deaths at once, if they are rolled two rolls straight. However, they would have two solid, uninterrupted weeks for each death (still more than at present), and only have to work on both for the two in the middle. More than that, we already have people owing multiple deaths at once, due to being slow and having characters on various boards/Minis/AUs. We believe that, with extra time, it will be quite manageable.

If a killer is holding you up, please inform the staff ASAP, and we will see what we can do.

A diagram of the rolling schedule:

December 1: 1st rolls
December 16: 2nd rolls (midmonths)
December 29: 1st rolls due
January 1: 3rd rolls/1st announcement
January 14: 2nd rolls due
January 16: 4th rolls (midmonths)
January 29: 3rd rolls due
Feburary 1: 5th rolls/2nd announcement

And so on.

A diagram is present below, with the rolls color-coded as follows:
Time frame for deaths from the first rolls is red
Time frame for deaths from the second rolls is blue
Time frame for deaths from the third rolls is yellow
Time frame for deaths from the fourth rolls is green
Time frame for deaths from the fifth rolls is purple
Posted Image

Pretend like the dates match what it says above. I lost the old photoshop file and really don't wanna take the time to tweak it all to be perfect.

Anyways, with that out of the way, here are the very first rolls of Virtua:

1. Kenneth Danielson (chitoryu12)
2. Vivian Cathwell (CondorTalon) - Vienna Gogh (Acidic, Hero Card used)
3. Simon Leroy (KamiKaze)
4. Lena Lazarus (shining knight) - Richard Ormsby (KillerVole, Hero Card used)
5. Patrick Reynolds (kervin555)

Three days for cards, until the end of the 28th (GMT) for deaths.

Also, since we've got a lot of new people, an etiquette reminder: please do not PM handlers requesting death rights for rolled characters unless the handler in question has asked for ideas to be sent. It's really annoying to get a boatload of PMs when you've already got plans, and most people deny deaths to preemptive requesters anyways.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
I'll turn Super Saiyan and save Vale... but first, let me take a selfie.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, phooey. But it isn't like Asshole wasn't asking to get murdered. XD

Right now I'm already discussing death ideas with peepz, so he just might be already taken. Sorry!
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed in a Mini

Quote:

Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D

shining knight
Member Avatar
Coming soon from the bbc: The shocking finale of live chess
[ *  * ]
Aw c'mon....I mean err can someone help...this is just too soon...really
Virtua

Lena Lazarus

Chain of Virtua Progression: >1>2 >3

kervin555
Member Avatar
Renee Murphy, as Facemade by me!
[ *  * ]
Oh damn. Might as well ask for death ideas, I guess. I already had one in mind but it's a bit early in this character's arc for it to happen. Well, whatever arc existed before I got rolled, anyway.

Oh well, PM me away!

Patrick's taken! Await the death, starting soon...
Edited by kervin555, Dec 4 2011, 03:13 AM.
Mini Characters
Virtua SOTF - F05: Renee Murphy - GAME OVER - Tec-9, H&K MP5 - "Are you going to talk to me this time? "Well, now or never, right?"
Threads: Holding Out For A Hero > Inexplicable > Rebel Without a Clue > While Rome Burns > Far From Home > Breaking Point > Swan Song > Still Red > Last of the Alderbrooks

Virtua SOTF - M16: Patrick Reynolds - GAME OVER - 2x Molotov Cocktails - "Um, I think we're lost." "Is that odd? Handsome guy like me and he doesn't have a girlfriend?
Threads: The Funniest Joke in the World > I Can Hear the Bells > From Where You're Kneeling

Artistic Interpretations AKA Give these people a round of applause!

Spoiler: click to toggle

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
this avatar satisfies me so well
[ *  *  *  * ]
Welp.

This is kind of a downer for me, considering I had quite a plot planned for Vivian. If anyone is willing to hero, it'd be much appreciated. I'm planning to use my swap if no heroes come... so, something to think about. I'm actually debating whether or not I'm going to actually do this, but a hero is still appreciated.
Edited by CondorTalon, Dec 3 2011, 01:36 AM.
EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!!!

Second Chances V2:
Clair Belvedere - Box of Condoms - Hanging back in Earth Sky From Venus
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron

The afterlife

The Bearded One
Member Avatar
One of the Larpaajilta
[ *  *  * ]
The chart/schedule lists the announcements being monthly starting on 01 January 2012. My question is: What is the frequency and timing of the announcements in the game, that is, from the point of view of the characters?

Thanks in advance.

SotF-TV:

Virtua-SOTF:

Acidic
Member Avatar
Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so:

I'm heroing Vienna Gogh for Vivian Cathwell.

Feel free to contact me with ideas.
Edited by Acidic, Dec 3 2011, 05:32 AM.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

"Fuck everyone, cuddle the survivors."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One day, eighteen hours, and seventeen minutes for cards.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Bearded One
Dec 3 2011, 04:58 AM
The chart/schedule lists the announcements being monthly starting on 01 January 2012. My question is: What is the frequency and timing of the announcements in the game, that is, from the point of view of the characters?

Thanks in advance.

In this case, every 12 hours.

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
So - just to be clear - the announcement/rolls ratio is the same as TV?
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

If you mean five characters rolled/announcement, it may change, a la the main board, or may stay contant. That all depends on the speed of the RP, overall activity, etc.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
I meant "the same as TV was in theory" - that is, every month/"month" there are 2 sets of rolls and 1 announcement lasting 12 hours IC.

Oh yeah, and another question: what time of day are the IC announcements?
Edited by Cash Money, Dec 3 2011, 07:19 PM.
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Twenty-one hours and twenty-nine minutes for cards.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Getting rolled out first things is no fun at all, especially after getting rolled out, like, second in TV.

Heroing Richard Orsmby for Lena Lazarus. :)

This one's been in the works for a while, so no PMs, please.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

Acidic
Member Avatar
Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Also, death rights have been claimed.

Jsyk.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

"Fuck everyone, cuddle the survivors."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Virtua Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.