Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Funniest Joke in the World
Topic Started: Nov 1 2011, 02:46 AM (1,399 Views)
Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
Benny felt the shadows of Ramona and Patrick looking over his shoulder. It made things easier to read - the map didn't look as washed out as it did illuminated by so much bright light. From what the two of them had said, he started to agree with them. The town would probably have a lot of people, not to mention that they would pass through a lot of territory on the way there - someone might have the same idea they did and hop on the railroads in search of people.

Patrick had also just dubbed them the Theatre Trio. That had a nice ring to it. It made them sound intrepid, it gave them a context - anything but aimless wandering and wondering. He figured he should make the arrangement official.

He said, "That sounds like a good idea. Let's head into town." He took a look up at the sky to try to figure out where south was, before realizing there was a much better indicator - the river. It was flowing to his left - that meant they would have to go across the bridge. That just so happened to be in the opposite direction Ramona came from, if he remembered correctly. It'd be a shame to have walked all the way across to exit stage left when you were supposed to enter on the right in the next scene.

Benny stood up and folded his map up neatly. He put it in the sporran on the front of his kilt - better to have easy access. As he reached in, he noticed it was conspicuously missing his wallet and cell phone. Did they seriously think that he was going to be able to use his wallet out here? You couldn't do anything with money out here - there was probably nothing to buy. For some reason, the possible real utility of cell phones, and the consequent lack of towers, never came to his mind. He said, "I think it's this way." And with that, he started to walk off into the great expanse, with only a couple of people and a couple of metal rails for company.
Edited by Cash Money, Nov 4 2011, 10:39 PM.
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kervin555
Member Avatar
Renee Murphy, as Facemade by me!
[ *  * ]
"That sounds like a good idea. Let's head into town."

Patrick nodded. "Alright, then. To town." This was good, they seemed to be making progress. Hopfully they'd find some of their friends there. They needed as many allies as they could find if they wanted to find a way out of this place.

Benny folded up his map and put it back in his backpack. He picked it up and slung it over his shoulder. "I think it's this way," he said and proceeded to march off with Ramona toward the south end of the bridge.

Patrick slung his own backpack on, following the pair toward what seemed like a vast desert. With luck, they'd find a way through this.

Luck did seem nice right now, didn't it?

(Patrick Reynolds, Ramona, and Benny/The Theatre Trio continued in I Can Hear the Bells)
Mini Characters
Virtua SOTF - F05: Renee Murphy - GAME OVER - Tec-9, H&K MP5 - "Are you going to talk to me this time? "Well, now or never, right?"
Threads: Holding Out For A Hero > Inexplicable > Rebel Without a Clue > While Rome Burns > Far From Home > Breaking Point > Swan Song > Still Red > Last of the Alderbrooks

Virtua SOTF - M16: Patrick Reynolds - GAME OVER - 2x Molotov Cocktails - "Um, I think we're lost." "Is that odd? Handsome guy like me and he doesn't have a girlfriend?
Threads: The Funniest Joke in the World > I Can Hear the Bells > From Where You're Kneeling

Artistic Interpretations AKA Give these people a round of applause!

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Crossroads Bridge · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.