Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Good, The Bad, and the Ohmigodwhatthefuck; Start of Female Student #04
Topic Started: Oct 31 2011, 11:55 PM (3,535 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
I'll turn Super Saiyan and save Vale... but first, let me take a selfie.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
For a few moments... Katie was nothing. No emotions came up. Fear? Maybe. She didn't know. Katie didn't understand anything. As she laid there under the piano, she was nothing. Her mind was blank, as if the explosion had knocked out most of her thought processes. She was only dimly aware of the smell of lead and debris, the floor underneath her, the few more cries that called out, the pain ringing in her leg, the shiver that ran down her spine, the ringing in her ears.

It was like she had slipped away mentally for a while, or went away. Perhaps. She didn't know how to describe it. Nothing. It was the only way she knew how.

Nothing.

Nothing.

For a few moments, Katie took solace in how calm the nothing was. It was better than looking or listening. Better than getting out from the piano. Better than dealing with lunatics.

A voice?

Katie slowly moved her arms away. Benny? He... he was alive. Or maybe they were both dead. Either way. Wait, she couldn't be dead. She was moving and so was he. Then again, this must have been the afterlife, right? Perhaps they died in that attack. Maybe that was it. Maybe they'll go to the afterlife. Heaven? Ghosts? Who knew?

"B... Benny?" she softly whimpered.

Her eyes had widened considerably from the shock. She did recognize those as Benny's black tennis shoes, yes. Katie felt herself slowly pull herself from under the table. As her hand pushed in front of her, she noticed how badly it was shaking.

"Is... is the... you know... gone?"

Katie slid out further, and started to look around, fear inside her eyes. She could see a hole in one of the walls. Her eyes traced further into the saloon, and saw two larger shapes. Shapes that looked like...

People. No. It couldn't have been people. They looked too misshapen, too warped.

"Benny... I..."

She still didn't know. Katie wasn't sure if she wanted to know. Those couldn't have been people. Heck, maybe Ramona was safe, and so was Warren, and Kenneth, and Sycanus. They had to be. They were all hardier than that. Perhaps they found shelter and managed to avoid it. Maybe the blast wasn't as powerful as it seemed. Maybe the bullets didn't hit anyone. Maybe that was it! They survived. All survived after all. Or perhaps the attacker didn't. You never know, right?! Right! See, survival was possible! She knew it!
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed in a Mini

Quote:

Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
"Benny? Is the... you know... gone?

Benny had no idea. He had no idea how to respond. He didn't know if he could respond. He could always respond when everyone was comfortable. He could always respond if he needed to defuse someone else's situation. But what now?

Benny had no words. He had no words that accurately described the whirl of thoughts in his head. No words that felt right in his mouth. None that could say what needed to be said. That three of their classmates just died. That there was no way Ramona and Warren could have been clear of the blast. That if they had they would have said something by now. That Ken had to go slowly and painfully. That the person who shot everything to hell might still be outside the door. That he had no idea who that person was. That he had no idea if that person was waiting silently, aiming straight at them. That he had absolutely no idea what was going on.

"I... I don't... I just don't."

That was as much as he could say. Whatever it was that he didn't, he just didn't.

His mind especially didn't, but his gut wanted to. It wasn't safe here. Not with people walking around with guns. Not with the walls this unstable. His gut just wanted him to... to...

"We need to leave."
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

widespreadinman
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
"Y-Yeah..." Sycanus said shakily. "We oughta leave..." The place did look like it'd fall at any given moment, but given what had happened, her words weren't much.
Just keep clear of that Simon guy... despite familiarities.
"Tobeyn! Don't say his name. Please..." she nearly yelled.
Sorry, Sycanus. The bar seemed devoid of life. It was just her and Katie.
Swallow your fear... it's important... Visibly shaking, she approached the other.
"C-Come on..." she spoke. "We need t-to find some... some new shelter..." Her eyes went back to the corpses, and what she thought was Ramona's finger. "J-Just us and B-Benny... and Tobeyn..." Her eyes drew to the ground. Something was on her mind, but it seemed like nothing.
Still nothing... nothing at all...
Sycanus's breath sounded like it was stuttering.
Just forget him. He tried to kill you for no reason.
Slowly, she offered her trembling hand for support.
... Dammit, Sycanus. You better not get that Stockholm Syndrome you read about. Just help Katie and last as long as you-
And then, a mental image came about.
Virtua Characters

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
I'll turn Super Saiyan and save Vale... but first, let me take a selfie.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
For once, perhaps the first time ever, Benny was quiet.

A solemn stillness filled the air. It was like the world had ended in that blast. She wasn't sure what was going to happen next. She didn't want to. Time had stopped, perhaps blown up in that blast. As she completely pulled out, she could see Benny's eyes.

They were confused and scared. It was as if he didn't know what to say. Katie didn't, either. He stammered, and finally ended with...

Leaving.

Katie wasn't sure if they could. The attacker could be about. And some part of her wanted to stay tucked under the piano, to never see anyone ever again, to never know anything again. It felt as if everything would be okay if she just... avoided it all.

Reluctantly, she lifted herself off the ground, slightly wincing at the ache in her leg. Katie noticed she could barely stand, as if she was about to pass out then and there.

Warren. Ramona. Kenneth. She could see none of them. She could see Sycanus. But no one other than her and Benny. Surely they were still hiding, right? And they were still quiet! Yes! Maybe that was it.

"... Yeah. Leaving..." she murmured, as if she had slipped away mentally.

Katie took a few steps towards the door. The smell of debris still hovered in the air. Wait, something was underneath her foot. She looked down and lifted her foot away. At first, she was sure that she had stepped on some kind of debris. It was charred like burnt barbecue, with an object partially melted around it. Then Katie realized that she recognized it, though it was surprising that she would be able to.

Ramona aspired to be a jeweler. Katie had always remembered that. And she knew that she wore a ring on her finger, and that must mean...

Oh god. She suddenly felt ill.

That was... that was her finger, wasn't it?

Even if she were alive, she was now missing at least her finger. She was so close to the blast because we was worried it was going to go off, and...

Ramona didn't make it.

She heard Sycanus say something, but in the back of her mind she didn't pay attention, nor did she really care. She didn't want to stay. She didn't want to look around and look at the rest of her friend, and possibly what was left of Warren and Kenneth. She didn't know where to go.

A hot, dusty wind had managed to brush inside what was left of the saloon, blowing in her hair. She knew she had no choice but to go out.

And so, Katie slowly followed Benny out of the saloon, not knowing her future from that point onward, or if the attacker was still outside, or if she and Benny were going to make it, or being completely certain that Warren and Kenneth had made it.

Her mind was suck in one mode. And she wasn't sure how to get out of it, or if she wanted to.

((Katie Tanaka continued in No Country For Teenagers))
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed in a Mini

Quote:

Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D

widespreadinman
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
All alone. Katie left, and now Sycanus was at square one all over again... or not. She could follow her out, have some people to defend against him...
But why would you want to fight him? He's got a rifle.
Sycanus, just focus on helping Katie out. They may need you.
"What?" she said aloud. "They? Needing me?! But... I brought him to us! All I do is lead killers to people near me! What good am I?!" There were tears in her eyes still. "Should've just walked away from him back at the trail... should've just given him my revolver..."
Snap out of it... For all I know, following him was the only path to take. What else was there, hmm? Getting shot dead? Getting strangled by the collar?
"... I'm sorry, Tobeyn... I-It's just that... well... this whole time here... j-just..."
Understandable. You're not in this voluntarily. It's all just bad luck. Real bad luck.
"Yeah... bad luck... right..."
Just go to the others, and- Before long, the image popped up again. It was a memory... a memory of therapy... from all those years back... it wasn't of Simon, but... instead of the therapist... there was his face....
No. No, no, no. Thousand times no. Nuh-uh.
...Sycanus? Are you alright?
More tears from her eyes. "N-No..." She at least wiped them away. "Yes..." But then... she looked at the bear still in her arms. "I don't know..."
Oh jeez... this game's shaking you up.
Well duh.
"I... I guess..." After walking outside to the front of the saloon, she leaned against the wall. Gently, she squeezed the bear in her arms. "T-Tobeyn... I... I love you... d-don't forget that..."
Love you too, Sycanus.
Once more, there were tears in her eyes. "I-If I die... I'll watch over you from h-heaven... L-Like a guardian angel..."
And I'll be fine. With you watching me. The moment right there seemed touching. As if it could be ended with a suicide or timed death... but no, she didn't shoot herself. Nor did she have a terminal illness.

All this time, it was just her speaking to the bear. No other voice could be heard.

"B-But if we get out of this... I p-promise to fix your ear... and we'll live together...h-happily...j-just us two..." In a moment of what felt like bliss, she saw herself dancing in a field of flowers. And to her side was Tobeyn, bouncing as if on springs. The thoughts continued as they fell to the ground, with her laughing. She held the bear up, giving it a long kiss on its sewn mouth. Slowly, she sat up, looking to a far off area. From it, came two other people. There was Katie... and there was Simon Leroy... both happily running to her... and just behind them was the other Simon-

Her eyes shot open once Mattheson entered the field.
Well, daydream over.
And to her feet she was. She was still in the game. She was still in the desolate ghost town. She was still hunted by the mute. But at least she still had Tobeyn.
Oh good, you awoke.
"S-Sorry... lost in thought..."
That's fine. A little motivation is all it takes. Now... might wanna go after Benny and Katie.
"Right... th-they need a gun of sorts..." Standing up, she started to lightly shake. "J-Just gotta... watch for him... m-make sure he doesn't kill us..."
Jesus, Sycanus. You've lost your mind.
And so, she walked off, trying to follow the surviving two. At least she knew which direction they went...

((Sycanus Applettin continued elsewhere...))
Virtua Characters

Posted Image

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
Katie seemed reluctant, but she got up. Benny looked at her, then when he was sure she was on board, turned and faced the exit. As he slowly made his way across the room, staying to the side of the room to avoid the giant hole in the floor, he still wanted to speak. Still couldn't.

He thought of Ramona from back at school. They had a nice stage chemistry at school, her choleric to his sanguine, her straight woman to his comic relief. But they'd never do any of that again.

12th grade English, first period.

It was a few months after they had been rescued. The ordeal had sparked a media blitz unlike many others; an act of terrorism as outlandish as this would certainly merit that. He'd watched the footage taken from helicopters flying in, landing in the middle of town, kicking up dust, taking in scared, worried, but grateful high school students. Benny didn't need the footage - he'd been there, it had happened not long after he'd left the ruined saloon - but he'd seen it so many times on TV that it almost eclipsed the memory of being there.

Almost.

The Prime Minister had given the requisite speech about mourning and moving ahead; the news networks had wrung out every possible motivation for the Sheriff's actions (although he was still at large); the funeral was solemn and well-attended; the members of "the 44" that needed treatment got it. It had all died down, and now the longest summer vacation of their lives was over.

Everybody chose their desks randomly, as usual. Everybody was so wrapped up in their passing period conversations that it took a little while for everyone to quiet down after the bell rang, as usual. Roll call began with Altahen and proceeded alphabetically, as could be expected. But the skip between the C and E name was conspicuous. It was like somebody stole God's perfect script for Planet Earth, took a big marker, and scribbled blasphemy all over it. It didn't matter that they could have been in another English class; that gap was a disturbance in the natural order. It felt wrong.

L came up soon enough.

"Benny Lightfield?"

"Present?" He said this with an expectant tone of voice, reaching his hand out to Mrs. Caldwell and making exaggerated gripping motions, as if he was asking to receive a gift. A "present," one might say. It felt weird. Benny stopped.

The universe hiccuped once more in the short stretch of S names. Benny looked around, looking for something to patch the giant, gaping, unavoidable hole in reality. Everybody else from the Train Incident was still here, either in this classroom or in another somewhere in the building, getting on with their lives. None of them died from an explosion or got shot with an antique pistol. Like Katie. She was there, she didn't die. Or Patrick, right across the room...

Not a very big patch, but it'd have to do.

Benny suddenly remembered about Patrick and Pepper.

Benny realized that whoever shot at him might have his friends in the crosshairs.

His steps became more determined, each one firmly planted to confirm secure footholds and to avoid aggravating his knee. He never stopped concentrating on the exit.

As the outside world neared, the smell of smoke finally started to clear from Benny's nose, and the feel of fresh air pervaded the atmosphere. As shaky, broken wood became hard, packed dirt, Benny welcomed the change.

He didn't look back.

((Benny Lightfield continued in No Country for Teenagers))
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Saloon · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.