Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Good, The Bad, and the Ohmigodwhatthefuck; Start of Female Student #04
Topic Started: Oct 31 2011, 11:55 PM (3,507 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
I'll turn Super Saiyan and save Vale... but first, let me take a selfie.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As she watched Ken look around, she saw him hold his arms out, as if saying "I'm not armed! I'm a good guy! Please don't kill me!". Of course, they wouldn't kill him, not if he wasn't a bandit or other kind of crook. Or at least, Katie wouldn't. Not sure about Warren. But she wouldn't kill him if he was just a normal folk.

Katie emerged from the table after Warren did, quickly pulling herself off the ground.

Not a bandit, then? Good.

Brushing the dust off her skort, she looked up at the two boys. Warren had invited Ken over to sit and play poker with them. Three's a crowd! Three people, just hanging out. They were still kids after all, despite what was happening. She wasn't sure who would play the Sheriff's game. Probably no one! Well, maybe a few. But not many.

But oh man. Was it fun to pretend that it was a Western movie?

Yes it was.

Oh yes it was.

Seriously, it made things a bit better.

Wait, three of a kind? Damn!

Katie spoke up when Warren invited Ken in. "Uh, there's also some moonshine if you want some! Like, a whole thingy of it! I didn't like it when I had some but I gave some to Warren, you know?"

Her accent finally slipped, revealing her real voice.
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed in a Mini

Quote:

Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chitoryu12
Member Avatar
Oh hai Jesus
[ *  * ]
Ken took on a look of palpable relief as he dropped his arms and placed his bag on a nearby chair, removing his canteen. As his vision began to adjust more to the light, he vaguely recognized the pair. Nothing concrete, though; they were more of those people you saw on the other side of a classroom or passed in the hallway every day without talking to.

He walked over to an empty seat at their table and collapsed with a sigh, wiping the sweat from his brow. "Not much of a cards guy, or a drinker. Just looking for a place out of the sun to rest. And maybe someone who can help me out."

He took a swig of hot water and blinked a few times to get the sweat from his eyes. "Just walked here from the plains to the northwest. Haven't encountered a soul up until now, but at least you two are friendly. I don't really recall either of you two from school. Names?"
The Program
M10: John Ferrara: Italian soccer star
Weapons: Banjo w/ eagle logo (broken)
Calico Liberty III Handgun (50/50, 50/50)

[M19: Matthew Gourlay: Rich Bitch
Weapons: Calico Liberty III handgun (Taken)

SOTF-TV
BLK01: Bob Lazenby: Hipster
Weapons: Laser Pointer

Virtua-SOTF
M13: Kenneth Danielson
Weapons: Tobacco pipe (discarded in Town Outskirts)

I just slit a man's throat and stole his clothes and I love you all!

The Bearded One
Member Avatar
One of the Larpaajilta
[ *  *  * ]
Katie added an offer of moonshine to Warren's offers. Ken declined the moonshine and the cards as he took off his backpack and dropped it onto another table's chair. Warren noticed that his pack looked just like his own and Katie's. This is starting to look ominous, like someone has given us standard equipment and set us down in some giant paintball field. Only we have real weapons instead of paintball guns.

When he gratefully sat down in the offered chair, Ken mentioned having walked here from the north-west. That made Warren dig into his own pack to pull out the map he'd found. "This town seems to be in the south-east corner of the map," he said, pointing. "I'd be curious to see what lies south or east of here. Maybe there is a way to step out of the game we are expected to play." I just hope there's no penalty for stepping out of bounds, he thought.

"By the way, I'm Warren Davies. You know, from the hockey team." He decided to let Katie introduce herself since he didn't know her well.

More to himself than to his companions, he said, "If it's as hot out there as it looks, we'll need to conserve our water."

SotF-TV:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Virtua-SOTF:

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No cards. No booze?

Just rest.

Well, at least they were trying to be hospitable. It's just that he didn't need cards or booze right now. Just rest. Reeeeeeest. Give him it. Give him anything he wanted, as long as it wasn't your life or something similar. Since he wasn't a bandit, they might as well give him good Western hospitality! He seemed fine for the moment, though.

Warren observed that the town seemed to be on the south east of the map. Well, that was useful to know. Know the area better than the bandits, and you can outsmart them! It would be cake. Perhaps they could escape, but how far would they run until they ran out of water or food? Food and water would be easy to come by, certainly, if you knew where to look.

Thing was, though. Katie had just noticed that Warren and Ken were wearing what appeared to be leather collars. A quick touch of her neck revealed that she was wearing one too. She didn't know the purpose, nor did she want to find out.

Oh, that's right. Did Ken know her? It was a small town. But apparently not.

"I'm Katie Tanaka. You remember me from the theater club, right?" she said.
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron

Quote:

Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

chitoryu12
Member Avatar
Oh hai Jesus
[ *  * ]
Ken scrunched his face slightly.

"Errrr, maybe. I mean, you two look familiar and all." Ken honestly didn't pay much attention around school; content to stay by himself, he mostly just glided on through. He liked it that way.

He placed his canteen on the table and coughed once. His throat was dry from the heat, and even this little bit of talking was scratchy and hoarse. "So.......do either of you have a feel for what's going on? Because I sure as hell don't."
The Program

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

The Bearded One
Member Avatar
One of the Larpaajilta
[ *  *  * ]
After Katie introduced herself to Ken, he got a strange expression on his face. It looked like he was being uncomfortable and apologetic at the same time. Maybe he was a little more uncomfortable than he was apologetic.

"So.......do either of you have a feel for what's going on? Because I sure as hell don't," Ken said with a slight cough. There was a moment of stillness after Ken spoke, and he filled it with another half-hearted cough.

Warren stared at Ken for a few seconds, trying to size up the boy. He seems a little clueless. Maybe he's just a natural follower waiting for someone to take charge and lead. Or maybe he was out in the heat for too long and has a bit of heat exhaustion. Eh, it doesn't matter; he doesn't look like he's trying to play us at all.

Warren shrugged and decided to summarize what he'd guessed. "Well, a bunch of our class got hijacked during our train ride by persons unknown. We were brought here - wherever 'here' is - to kill each other or be killed. Katie and I woke up here in this saloon, so we haven't seen any of the rest of the 'playing field'" he made quote marks in the air with his fingers. "I don't know what weapon you got, but Katie and I have the real deal it looks like."

He stabbed at the map laid out of the table without taking his eyes off of Ken. "I don't have any intention of killing anybody, but I can imagine one or two folks in our class might have more aggressive ideas than I do." He glanced across the table to Katie. "Does that sound about right to you?"

SotF-TV:

Virtua-SOTF:

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Katie blinked. He had no idea what had happened? Katie vaguely remembered it. But she remembered it. They got abducted by what appeared to be a trainjacker and then tossed here with the expectation to kill each other. Surely he would remember that part. Surely, she was sure of it!

But Warren explained in the best way possible.

Now that she thought of it, it was... a little surreal, really. More so than she initially realized. What provoked them? Why them? Why a Western theme? Why... anything?

She didn't want to think about it. Thinking about it was like admitting... well, that it happened, or rather, it's happening.

Poor Ken. Guy seemed exhausted. Maybe that was why he didn't remember. Good thing they hadn't run into anyone else but each other, right?

Oh. But what about the others? Katie tried to think at the top of her head. Not too many, actually, would play, at least she was aware of. It wasn't like a small Canadian town was really the best place to look for potential murderers. At least, she didn't think. Would they really just kill their friends and classmates? Just like that? Surely it would be difficult.

"I... I'm not sure just how many! Maybe like, one or two. Just like you said! Don't worry, guys, though, I think this is somewhat weird and I don't think I'm planning on hurting anyone! We're friendly, mate."

Oh, she should ask him if he needed anything.

"Uh, you need something? You seem really tuckered out. Are you sure you're okay?"
Kami's Sidestories

Quote:

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
((Benny Lightfield and Ramona Shirley continued from I Can Hear the Bells))

It had taken a little bit of walking around to find anything that looked useful. For how small this ghost town looked, it sure could get you lost pretty easily. Benny pointed it out.

"Ramona," he said, "this place is huge. I thought we would have traversed all the streets here twice over a while ago. It didn't look this big when we came in, did it?"

Suddenly, another tangent came to mind, and he chased it with a vengeance. "It's like one of those magic houses that are mansion-sized on the inside from Harry Potter, but from the old west. Actually, you could probably do something with that kind of space while not having to take up so much land. Like some kind of storage place."

And that suddenly turned into an extended reference: "I could envision it now: Benny's Big Ass Wild West Theme Park and Storage Facility. Bring your family, and your unwanted junk too. You could seriously hide a whole train full of people in here. Do you know how big a train is?

...Oh wait, somebody already did that. Never mind."

And with that, they found themselves in front of a saloon. He couldn't see any sign that actually said "SALOON" on it from where he stood, but the swinging doors and the sign hanging down with a mug carved into it said as much. And - hark! - what was that he heard? People!

Benny was filled with glee. Not only did they find people - that's more than one person! - but he'd found double doors, and with them, a golden opportunity.

"Stand back. I've always wanted to try this."

Benny faced the doors, took a few steps back, and psyched himself up. He initially planned to do a dropkick into the saloon, but decided against it. He had no idea how to do a dropkick. Kicking in the doors would do just fine.

He strode up to it with a calculated, exaggerated swagger, then drove one foot through the door with all the force he could muster, greeting whoever might be inside.

"Howdy pardners! Whaddaya say we- OW!"

The doors swung closed much quicker than he expected, and they swung closed directly back onto his leg, clamping down on either side of his knee, leaving him off his balance and in a not insignificant amount of pain.

Turns out the backup plan was stupid too. Who'd a thunk it.
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

Brackie
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  * ]
Ramona held her head in her hands. A combination of both the heat bearing down on them and taking a little more out of the big girl than she could handle, and her travelling companion lacking any real sense. It was one of the gripes of travelling with two men who hadn't quite reached emotional maturity yet. Well, maybe she could just ease up a bit and make sure he didn't know how worried she was. That was probably why.

But she wasn't all that concerned about Harry Potter and Theme Parks and lord knows what else, unlike Benny. The situation was kind of getting to her now, the heat and the lack of people and generally the way Benny was kind of going on about everything. Because really, why wasn't he concerned? Was she going to have to worry for him? There couldn't be two carefree people wandering around a ghost town, it would only end badly, and believe her, Ramona knew how things could end badly.

While Benny stood there, clasped by his own stupidity, Ramona could only help but roll her eyes and sigh at him.

"Benny, honey, maybe we should try and stay focused, okay? We gotta be careful out here, and I don't wanna tell your momma that you died wandering around and falling into a ravine." Ramona said as she walked forward and pushed one of the swinging doors to release Benny's leg.

After doing so, she turned her attention towards the people in the Saloon. Now there were some familiar faces Ramona could get calmer around, no more having to take care of just this pro-active friend of hers.

"Well, it's nice to see some friendly faces around here, ain't it?" Ramona managed a smile at the three new guests into her adventure as she draped her arms over the swinging doors. Katie, Warren, and...Keith was it? Three of the friendliest faces she could hope for. Especially Katie.
The Program 2.5 - Traitors

Santiago Ibarra - Butterfly Knife

Nani Clover - Plastic Scythe

It is Known

chitoryu12
Member Avatar
Oh hai Jesus
[ *  * ]
Ken's head swiveled at the sound of banging and painful yelping coming from behind him; somehow, the bad drawl ending in a cry of pain made him realize on some subconscious level that he didn't need to be afraid of whoever was walking in. Both were shorter than him, a black girl and a.......

Is that a fucking kilt?

While he couldn't identify the black chick immediately, there was no mistaking that scrawny, kilt-wearing, oversized squirrel. Benny Lightfield, the walking sonic compliance device. The antithesis of a quiet, mild-mannered boy like Ken, Benny had always grated on his nerves in English. While unusual for him, he couldn't resist a quip.

"Good job," he dryly snarked as he turned back to his canteen and began fiddling with the cap.
The Program

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

widespreadinman
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ *  * ]
((Sycanus Applettin continued from Thorn in the spike pile.))

Past the outskirts, and into the town, Sycanus looked about.
I think we ought to check out the saloon.
"You're right. There might be a barkeep or some people in there that'll help us... or something like that."
Remember, just because you encountered two people who wanted you dead doesn't mean you'll encounter more... though be wary if these people want to kill you as well.
She swallowed. "Of... of course, Tobeyn... no more murderous people..." Inhaling sharply, she walked close to the double doors... only to freeze up when she noticed the two already standing there. "Uh... T-Tobeyn..." she whispered. "There's people here..."
Just let them through and we'll all be fine... hopefully.
Edited by widespreadinman, Dec 15 2011, 08:20 PM.
Virtua Characters

Posted Image

Mini_HELP
Member Avatar
Alright, who the hell plugged in the Overlord?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey, wides, just a reminder to carefully read the threads you enter so as to avoid causing continuity issues. At the moment, it seems from the above posts that Ramona and Benny are standing in the doorway to the saloon. That means Sycanus walking straight through the doors is physically impossible. Please edit your post so that this fact is reflected.

Thanks, and have a nice day!

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
And suddenly, voices.

Katie whipped her head to the doors. Was it bandits? No, bandits didn't sound this jolly.

Nor did they get their foot stuck in the double doors while kicking it open. Seriously, it seemed like the person on the other side of the door had tried to kick it open while, like she had this entire time, acting out cowboy stuff. She wasn't sure if bandits would do that.

But wait! She recognized that voice! And there were at least two people there, judging by the second voice. And she knew that one too! Oh god, could it be?

The foot's friend has unlodged it from the door, and Katie smiled.

"BENNY! RAMONA!" she practically squealed with delight.

She had found some of her friends! Thank lord, she had! Or rather, they found her. Either way. It meant that her friends were here in the saloon with her! And by the look of things, they were still very much the same! They didn't become bandits or anything!

Katie bounced over to them, her smile remaining. Heck, it took all her effort not to run. Not because she wasn't supposed to run indoors, but because her leg was still healing. It was almost completely healed, but her nerves needed to readjust and, well, heal, especially since that leg was out of action for a while. But was it hard to resist? Yes it was! Even with her current condition, one could tell from her movement that she was so...

Happy!

"How you folks doing? Have you stayed safe? Did bandits mess with you? What kind of stuff did you get in your pack things? They gave me dynamite, three sticks! Can you believe it? What a weird mess we're in! I mean, cowboys just abducted us and stuff! I honestly can't tell if this is like, a horrible way to die or an awesome way to die! And, and, and, stuff!" she said rapidly.

Katie took a deep breath.

"I'm so happy to see you two!"
Kami's Sidestories

Quote:

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
Benny dangled there for a second, trying to get his center of gravity far forward enough to get the saloon doors to swing free, until Ramona pointed out that he should be more careful and pushed the door clear of his knee. He fell flat on his ass, and before tending to his knee, or even considering making a smart comeback, the first thing Benny did was adjust his kilt. Not that there was anything to see - it's not like he didn't wear underwear, that'd be gross - but the Secret of What's Under the Kilt would never be revealed if he could help it.

He faintly picked up on Ramona greeting the people inside, but as he sat up and started massaging his knee, he saw none other than Katie Tanaka coming towards them.

"KATIE!"

They were finding more people they knew all the time! And if anyone was as enthusiastic as him, it was her.

"How you folks doing? Have you stayed safe? Did bandits mess with you? What kind of stuff did you get in your pack things? They gave me dynamite, three sticks! Can you believe it? What a weird mess we're in! I mean, cowboys just abducted us and stuff! I honestly can't tell if this is like, a horrible way to die or an awesome way to die! And, and, and, stuff!"

Benny squeezed in a reply only after she'd finished her word barrage. "Uh... yeah! I don't know! Woo!" He got up, hobbling ever so slightly much as Katie did, and saw who else was in the room. Warren and Ken. He didn't much talk to either of them, but it wasn't for lack of trying. They just never quite saw each other anywhere but going opposite ways in the halls or on opposite ends of the classroom.

"So yeah, let's sit down, we've got a lot to tell you about!" He briefly considered that they should probably be out and about doing this, but he could bring that up in a little bit. Glancing over at the others again, he noticed that at least one of them didn't look too pleased. He waved at them. "Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player!" He'd forgotten where he'd heard that exactly.

"Speaking of shooting, I got a gun. This is so messed up."
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

Brackie
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sorrysorrysorry))

She followed Benny inside, leaving the swinging doors in motion behind her while he geeked up over actually meeting friendly friendly people. Not much to do but follow him around, really. She didn't really know these guys, she was only familiar with Katie here. But that was still reason to treat them with all but the least of suspicion.

"Alright then, might as well cut to the chase; any of you guys intend on going along with this?"

As she spoke Ramona slipped into an empty seat, facing right towards the two guys.

"Cause I'm not letting my friend here fall into bad hands, y'know? I don't wanna be around when you make your own mistakes and make things bad for everyone...if you are, of course."
The Program 2.5 - Traitors

Santiago Ibarra - Butterfly Knife

Nani Clover - Plastic Scythe

It is Known

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Saloon · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.