Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
Brian Larke
Topic Started: Sep 18 2011, 02:02 AM (681 Views)
peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Name: Brian Larke
School: Alderbrook High School
Hobbies and Interests: The company of women, slight of hand magic tricks, money

Appearance: Brian stands at an even 6 feet, weighing 193 lbs, owing most of his height to a long torso instead of legs. His hands are slender and surprisingly small in comparison to most people, however he has long dexterous fingers that are often described as "spidery". His skin is a pale shade of peach which rarely burns but is slow to tan. His hair is a very dark shade of brown, grown slightly over his ears and curling slightly at the nape of his neck. He has straight nose that is neither too big nor too small. His lips are full and are often slow to smile, which he uses to rather striking effect. Brian's eyes are one of his most striking features, such a dark brown that his irises are nearly indistinguishable from his pupils. This gives him a rather unnerving and intense gaze.

Brian often favors a slightly eccentric way of dress, button down shirts and pin striped vests are often paired with his favorite pair of dark dress pants. The day of his abduction was no different, and he was wearing a faintly checkered black button down shirt with a charcoal gray striped vest (complete with pocket watch) as well as dusty gray dress pants and sheepskin boots. Brian was also wearing a fedora that day.

Biography: Brian Larke was born to Philip, a successful businessman, and Angela, a housewife, in Alderbrook. He is the oldest of two children, having a younger sister named Emma. Being the eldest, and a son no less, pressure and responsibility began early and didn't let up throughout all of Brian's childhood. Grades were important, extracurricular activities were planned diligently and with great detail and it seemed as though Brian had his entire life planned out for him from day one.

Where most kids rebel by doing drugs, joining gangs, or through crime, Brian found himself developing a severe weakness for the company of women. Starting at a young age he discovered an easy charisma with the ladies that made it easy for him to develop several short lived "relationships" at a very short time. The girls never last long, and on occasion he's never really known their names, but in the end he just can't seem to stop himself from charming them or getting into their pants in some way.

Brian's second way of rebelling was turning to old school stage magic. At the age of twelve he found himself enjoying the flair of it all, the top hats and the capes, but as he grew older he found himself enjoying the nuances of slight of hand magic instead of the razzle dazzle of it. Because of this he is a fairly competent, almost talented, street magician. He no longer has any patience for the showmanship, instead opting to pull a coin from behind a person's ear with no fanfare, but few people can figure out how he does it. His father absolutely hates his son's love of stage magic, finding it to be a completely useless endeavor, instead hoping that his son will focus more on getting into a good college and working a summer job. At every turn he attempts to discourage his son's love of less academic pursuits, and while his son is too stubborn to stop them, he has managed to bring in passing grades, they are just not high enough for his perfectionist father.

Summer jobs are no problem to Brian, his love of money is something instilled in him from birth, a sort of disease that he can't even get rid of. Loathe to spend it, instead he finds comfort in money as an institution, in the fact that somewhere it's out there greasing the wheels of capitalism. When he "grows up", he knows he'll probably do something in finance. Because of his love of money he's been working at a video store since he was old enough to properly get a job, however he very rarely spends his paychecks.

Brian has had sex with no more than three girls, however in school this has earned him as reputation as being a bit of a cad. He doesn't mind this, as he gets along fairly well with most of the population due to his easy charm and non judgmental way of dealing with people. He doesn't often keep a close circle of friends, and instead hopes to just be that guy that everyone knows. Brian is always looking for a new girl to romance in some way, hoping that his rather dubious reputation in that department will either lure them in by hoping that they can "cure" his loose way with women, or by drawing them in because they are intrigued his his experience. He has never been known to truly hate anyone, and even with the girls he has "dated" and subsequently left, he has always tried to leave on good terms. Whether they feel the same way is a completely different story.

His favorite subject in school is history, though he'd never let anyone close enough to actually learn that fact. He likes the idea that there's something bigger than what's immediate, and that one day he'll be a part of it. His least favorite subject is art, mostly because his father squashed any artistic leanings he might have had, so he has a hard time letting any of it go on the canvas.

Advantages: His talent with slight of hand will add an advantage in a pinch, his natural charm may help him gain a couple of allies
Disadvantages: His callous attitude once he's done with a romantic conquest has gained him a couple of enemies, his reputation has proceeded him to the point where he will not be trustworthy to many people
Edited by peregrineink, Sep 24 2011, 07:41 PM.
-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, peregrine!

Brian's profile is looking pretty good, but he is DENIED pending a bit of editing.

First off, this: "most describe this as his "panty dropping smile"" is a little bit too informal for profiles, and should be rephrased or dropped. The same is true of the term "manwhore".

Here: "pin striped bests" you mean "vests", right?

Next, you should make sure to actually skip lines between all the paragraphs in Brian's bio. IRight now, it is tough to read due to being crammed together.

I'd also like to know more about Brian's relationships with girls. At sixteen, it seems really odd for him to have too extensive a sexual history, especially given the small town nature of the setting. Remember that it doesn't take much to establish a reputation for someone; having slept with three girls by Brian's age would typically be considered pretty notable.

I'd also like to know how Brian's relationship with his father works. Does his father try to actively discourage his son's less academic pursuits, or does he simply privately disapprove? Also, does Brian still get good grades?

Finally, I'd like to know what sort of people Brian's friends are. Does he get along with most other people? How does he interact with them? Is there anyone he can't stand?

Post when you've got Brian edited, and we'll give him another look. Thanks!
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
And we are REALLY edited.
Edited by peregrineink, Sep 24 2011, 07:41 PM.
-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the fixes!

APPROVED
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Approved Characters · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.