Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
Wrong Direction
Topic Started: Aug 29 2011, 02:38 AM (4,062 Views)
Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Voices came out of nowhere. Oh God I need to pay attention. "Huh?" Another yawn. "Sure." It was good they weren't nuts, weren't threatening her. She took a closer look, who were they? She recognized them, but the names weren't coming.

"I'm so tired," is all she said in the end.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"That's fine," Renée called to the girl. "If you want, you can come with us. We can trade off watches, make sure nobody gets hurt during the night."

Of course, she wasn't going to trust this new girl unconditionally right off the bat. The offer was, in part, to see how trusting the girl was; since she had noted that she was tired, Renée was, for all intents and purposes, offering to guard her while she slept. The issue was, that would give her a perfect opportunity to kill the girl in her sleep. If the girl was willing to trust her with that, well, Renée was more than prepared to return the favor. She didn't believe a player would be willing to risk their life like that.

She didn't know this girl too well, though, not from a distance. The voice seemed familiar, but that didn't mean too much. Still, it wasn't Zach, and it wasn't Odile, because Renée was sure that no Odile was a student at SDA, and it wasn't Karen, for the same reason (as well as the fact that Mason had not identified her as such). That meant she wasn't a mass murderer yet.

"I'm Renée," she added. "This is Mason. We're from the White Team."
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mason raised a hand. "Howdy."

The gunfire had all but fell silent, and the sound of the water lapping up against the beach the dock lent the whole area an odd, lying sense of tranquility.

"Dock's probably not the best place to catch a few Z's, right? Probably not even enough for some Y's. And X's? X's are right out."

As he said it, he wondered if the girl was too tired to laugh. At this point he was sure he was almost too tired to make jokes.

He clapped Renee on the back.

"Listen to her. We're good people. Only thing I've ever killed was a jump shot from half court."

He mimed a shot with his hands, grinning.

"Swish."
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh. More allies. Friends. People who could die on her, or leave her. Or both. No there was still a chance things could be okay. It was better than being alone again and getting cornered by Tim again. Or that other boy, the guy from Detroit.

And she did need to sleep, and having someone watch over and make sure no one got her would be good. White team? Hadn't someone had a white bandanna? She couldn't remember, she was too tired. "I'm green." She could explain more later, maybe they had seen one of her teammates.

Wait now she remembered them. That was Mason...something. And then Renee. She didn't remember them being bad back at school, but she didn't talk to them. She didn't talk to many people though, just her friends. Mason was tall. He played basketball, right?

She couldn't remember, maybe it was something else...

"Okay. That's good," was what she replied. Lexi would pull out of her funk soon, just needed some sleep.

Acidic
Member Avatar
Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sterling Odair continued from Metanoia))

Sterling ran a ways from the hotel. When was confident that Vincent hadn't followed the young star stopped to catch his breath. The blood was cold and sticking to him, and he couldn't take it anymore.

Stopping where he was Sterling took off the shirt and tossed it away and he shook.

It wasn't from the cold.

The diary said she had a crush on him, and that was more pressure than he could handle. He knew he wasn't proper boyfriend material. What could Tiffany ever had seen in him. Plus, she'd been pretty clear about her intentions of playing. Would she had killed him if he saw her here? What if Amber was with him? And not even getting started on him killing someone...

I should put a shirt on now.

The only one left was the purple one. He slipped it on. It was a loose fit and covered in wrinkles. Comfy, but it felt like he dawned a target on himself. Still nervous Sterling's hand moved to the sweatband on his left wrist, and started rotating it slowly. It wasn't something he did often, but it just relaxed him. A hard test, when he was confused, or just a bad day. Turning the band helped him.

He didn't know how long he did it while he was walking, but when he saw a small group of kids he didn't recognize the young star considered turning back. He didn't want to be near strangers after that.

That would look suspicious, and get me shot. Taking a apprehensive step Sterling greeted them with a simple,

"Hey."
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

"Fuck everyone, cuddle the survivors."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Glad to hear it," Renée said. "We should probably figure out where to go to actually get some rest."

The docks were a horrible location, because they served as a point of transit to and from the ship. The ship was also a horrible location, because it was isolated and had only one point of entry. They could move further inland, but that would mean that their past movement had been pointless. Beyond that, it would make it very difficult for Eric to find them if he ever returned from wherever it was he went.

And then, that didn't matter so much, because there was someone else talking to her. It was a simple greeting, but it still made Renée jump a little. She'd lost focus, and that was a bad thing. Looking at the boy, he didn't seem like a psychopath or a serial killer. If anything, he looked a little frazzled. Of course, he was also imposing. Renée could tell at a glance he was notably more than a foot taller than her, and he was built like an athlete. This was not a fight she wanted to pick, not unless she absolutely had to.

"Hey," she said. "We're not playing."

A closer look showed that he was wearing a team t-shirt. Purple. That was just great. Renée remembered something about Purple Team leading in kill count by a mile. That wasn't good. Maybe she was wrong about his latent homicidal tendencies.

"I'm Renée Carlson," she said. "White Team. We've got a little group just trying to stay safe. You're welcome to sit with us, if you want."
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Another person joined the group, from another angle. Renee was welcoming, so Mason figured he was to be welcoming too. Although the way this kid looked made Mason a little uneasy, and this showed in the way his gun hand twitched in the kid's directions.

"Yeah, come on in, have a seat. We were just about to brew up some tea and exchange stories about the war." He rubbed his nose. "I was about to tell you guys about the morning I stormed Normandy Beach with my unit and we were almost killed to a man."

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Huh, another boy? She didn't recognize him. At all. Lexi tensed up slightly. Detroit people could be dangerous, like Karen. But Tiffany and Odile weren't that way. Tiffany died and Odile's killed people. Right, that wasn't good.

She stared at her feet and waited for answers, then they could move somewhere where she could rest.

Finally.

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
They seemed alright, but with Sterling's experience with the other kids from their school he didn't want to be around them for long. He shook his head and said,

"Thank you, but I'm actually looking for my friend." He raised a hand to where he believed she stood hight wise. "She's about this tall, blond with blue eyes." He realized he forgot to mention her name, probably for the better if they didn't know it.

It was then he noticed they was standing next to the ocean. The whole reason he wanted to go to the hotel in the first place. It seemed peaceful and scenic to him, like a place to hang out if the show wasn't happening. The size was impressive. He'd never seen a body of water go on forever like that. Buildings and smog had always prevented Sterling from seeing that far. The cruise ship fit in too, it was the first time he saw one that wasn't on a commercial.

Sterling looked back to them,

"Sorry, first time I've seen the ocean with my own eyes."
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Renée chuckled at Mason's comment. The new guy seemed to ignore it. That was fine. He seemed a little dazed anyways, distracted by something. It was not a surprise. There were endless terrible things to dwell upon on this island. He explained that he was looking for a friend, then apologized, saying that this was the first time he'd been near the sea. Renée had been to the beach a few times in her life, so it was less of a shock for her. She was happy about that. Seeing the ocean for the first time while here would ruin it.

"That's fine," she said. "Maybe we could help you find your friend? Or maybe you could help us, too. We were going to look at the hotel and make sure everything is alright, but it sounded a bit violent for a while. Do you know what happened there? Also, we're searching for someone too. Not a friend, though. Have you seen Timothy Walker?"

Renée wasn't expecting much, but any information would be good. It also helped to bring her goal up now and then, to reaffirm things. She would have asked about Eric, too, but he was almost certainly somewhere in the general vicinity, if he still had any interest in staying with the group. If not, she wasn't going to bother tracking him down at this point. It was his decision.

She shifted a little, trying to make herself more comfortable, and massaged her leg a bit. She had been walking too much during this, and sleeping too little. She could definitely use some rest soon.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Another man of great mirth. Nice.

The new guy didn't laugh, not even awkwardly, so it left Mason quiet and feeling stupid. He seemed happy to see the ocean, citing it as his first time. Mason didn't have much empathy; part of the benefit of growing up in a well-off family meant going on stupid trips to places, like Hawaii.

He took a seat on the dock.

"Drink in the sights while you can, man. Better than all the other shit going on."

He heard Renee sigh, saw her look uncomfortable. He tugged on the pocket of her pants.

"You wanna minute? You're not looking too hot."

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lexi listened to the boy describe his friend he was looking for. It didn't match the description of anyone she had met. "Sorry, I haven't." Then conversation between Renee and the boy, and she was looking for Tim.

Hmm?

"I ran into Tim. He's crazy. He pointed a gun at me and-and threatened me, but then this Detroit guy showed up and I got away!" She had started speaking faster and faster as she finished her thought, her voice raising in pitch at the end.

Why does she want him?

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
At the other's boy's joke Sterling tried to make himself laugh, but it came out as a cough. He couldn't decide whether to like the kid or be annoyed.

Sterling was to damn tired to care. He nodded at Renee's first question and said,

"The hotel is where my friend and I got separated. We walked in after a kid from your school strangled Jaszmine with a snake." Fuck that felt weird to say, in a real-life-is-stranger-than-fiction sense. "We were gonna walk out, but then, like, six other kids came in from nowhere. When things looked like they were gonna go good someone started shoot'n up the place, and everything went to hell."

The nauseating warmth crept up, but he was able to keep it at bay. His mouth felt dry, and he wondered how long it had been since he took a drink of water. Opening his bag he took out a bottle and drank the rest of it. Feeling, slightly, better Sterling finished with,

"I was trapped in there for awhile, but when I ran out a lotta people were dead." He omitted the details of him killing one of them, because he didn't want to remember. "I wouldn't go in there if I were you." Fucked if I'm ever going back.

Than the other girl reacted to the last question before Sterling had a chance to, yet that worked out since he didn't have an answer himself.

"I haven't seen this "Timothy," A name like that he would've gotten his ass kicked in Detroit. "Sorry"
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mason jerked on Renée's pocket, almost making her jump. His words were kind, though, and also perceptive. She was being irresponsible, letting her fatigue overtake her. That would endanger everyone. She started to nod, but then was distracted by the answers to her questions. The hotel had been the site of a bloodbath, then. Good to know, and to avoid. What was more interesting, however, was that the girl had seen Tim. He was apparently still nuts. Someone helping out against Tim sounded promising, but unless it had been pretty recent, the lack of a noted death meant Tim was still out there, unless there was some broadcasting rationale behind keeping that information secret.

"It's alright," Renée said to the boy. Then, to the girl, she said, "Tim was part of a group with me earlier in the game. He went crazy and killed one of my friends. He's also on my team, so I feel like maybe I should make sure he's not able to cause any more damage."

She shook her head a little, then turned to Mason.

"You're right, though," she said. "I'm tired. I think we all are. We should find somewhere, rest for a little, and then figure out what to do." Back to the other two: "You're both welcome to stick with us, if you want someone to make sure you aren't murdered while you sleep. I'm Renée, and this is Mason, by the way."

She was introducing herself and Mason primarily to make the others cough up their own identities. It wouldn't do at all to accidentally invite a psychopath along. Renée would just pay very close attention as they replied. If either seemed shaky on their own details, well, that would imply a lie. That would mean she would have to be on her guard.

She really, really hoped they weren't going to lie. She needed rest badly at this point, not more reasons to be nervous.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:

Past characters:

outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mason was as enamored with the idea as Renee was, once he suggested it. It only took getting the idea of resting into his mind to realize he'd been on the go since they'd got onto the island. The last nap he had taken was when that SWAT guy had laid him out. Or when they had gassed him. Either or. Everything was kind of running together.

He felt a little wary of their new companions, but from the looks of things, they were unarmed. He had a little friend with a few choice words for anyone who thought they'd get antsy waiting in his hand.

"And if anyone has any ideas on where exactly we can bed down, shoot." He looked over to the hotel, which apparently had been holding a slice of hell. "Maybe a bed and breakfast. Fuck it, I'd settle for a Super 8 right now. As long as we ran a blacklight over the room first."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Dock · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.